PDA

View Full Version : Bama Ole Miss - over

cheewgumm
09-15-2018, 12:14 AM
This seems like a lock to me. Anyone else taking the over?

msstatelp1
09-15-2018, 07:25 AM

If it's still at 71 I wouldn't touch it. I don't think Bama's defense is gonna let OM score that much.

Covercorner2
09-15-2018, 07:30 AM

I?m thinking the opposite.

Here is why:

The reason Ole Miss scores so many points and has such high scoring games is because they score so FAST, which allows them to put up a ton of points AND leave their terrible D on the field a ton.

Well, against Bama what happens if they don?t score fast and are forced to grind out some drives? Bama will try to keep everything in front of them and make them nickel and dime. Also, Bama would be smart to run the ball down their throats given that is the weakness of OM?s D and keeps OM?s offense off the field. I wouldn?t be surprised to see Hurts play a decent amount. He did drop 66 on them last year. Not sure this is a game where Tua needs to throw it a ton.

sonofozarka
09-15-2018, 07:55 AM
I?m thinking the opposite.

Here is why:

The reason Ole Miss scores so many points and has such high scoring games is because they score so FAST, which allows them to put up a ton of points AND leave their terrible D on the field a ton.

Well, against Bama what happens if they don?t score fast and are forced to grind out some drives? Bama will try to keep everything in front of them and make them nickel and dime. Also, Bama would be smart to run the ball down their throats given that is the weakness of OM?s D and keeps OM?s offense off the field. I wouldn?t be surprised to see Hurts play a decent amount. He did drop 66 on them last year. Not sure this is a game where Tua needs to throw it a ton.
See I disagree, Bama doesn?t allow anyone to nickel and dime their way down the field, they play tight man coverage, no soft zones, and refuse to give up easy throws. So where they?re vulnerable is usually vertical throws outside against their corners which is what OM loves to do anyway. I expect OM to take tons of deep 1-on-1 shots vertically, hit several, throw back shoulders, and draw some pass interference penalties since Bama?s DB?s always trail and don?t look back for the ball.

That?s how OM has gotten Bama before, and I think they put up around 30 doing it today. Their WR?s are just too good, Bama has 6 brand new DB?s, and OM?s OL is really good in pass pro

msstatelp1
09-15-2018, 09:25 AM
See I disagree, Bama doesn?t allow anyone to nickel and dime their way down the field, they play tight man coverage, no soft zones, and refuse to give up easy throws. So where they?re vulnerable is usually vertical throws outside against their corners which is what OM loves to do anyway. I expect OM to take tons of deep 1-on-1 shots vertically, hit several, throw back shoulders, and draw some pass interference penalties since Bama?s DB?s always trail and don?t look back for the ball.

That?s how OM has gotten Bama before, and I think they put up around 30 doing it today. Their WR?s are just too good, Bama has 6 brand new DB?s, and OM?s OL is really good in pass pro

I think the jury is still out on OM's OL. They haven't faced anyone with a pulse on defense yet. 5-0 better hope they are as good as advertised.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2018, 09:37 AM
If it's still at 71 I wouldn't touch it. I don't think Bama's defense is gonna let OM score that much.

Bama will get 71 on their own.

TUSK
09-15-2018, 11:34 AM

yeppers... You don't "out-Bama" Bama... They almost never gives up a long, grinding drive. I'd be shocked if OM was able to do that.

As stated above, to score on Bammer, you need to get explosive plays... just keep throwin' shit at the wall and hope some sticks; and that's exactly what OM does well.

Covercorner2
09-15-2018, 11:58 AM
I never said Ole Miss would be successful having to nickle and dime Bama. I just said Bama would make them do it and not give up big plays. Which would in turn make it a lower scoring game than most think.

TUSK
09-15-2018, 12:02 PM
I never said Ole Miss would be successful having to nickle and dime Bama. I just said Bama would make them do it and not give up big plays. Which would in turn make it a lower scoring game than most think.

That's a good point, however I believe the TOP would be about the same: 3 plays and punt or 3 plays and score...

But, if OM can hit a lot of quick slants and outs, you would be right, daddio.

Covercorner2
09-15-2018, 12:09 PM
That's a good point, however I believe the TOP would be about the same: 3 plays and punt or 3 plays and score...

But, if OM can hit a lot of quick slants and outs, you would be right, daddio.

I can see OM hitting big plays, but not necessarily scoring. They can struggle in the red zone when guys like Metcalf can?t just out athlete someone for a jump ball. My point is I don?t see Ole Miss having 5-6 60 yardish scoring plays like they have been. Bama will at least cut those in half which raises TOP and means extra downs.

Lastly, everyone is ignoring my supporting point that Bama would be wise to take the air out of the ball and just run the ball and clock all game.

deltadawg99
09-15-2018, 02:20 PM
He didn’t even go to OM. He’s a Missouri alum

SailingDawg
09-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Son goes to visit frat friends and girlfriend at um. Gets car towed this morning. $245. F**k those price gouging mf'ers.

RocketDawg
09-15-2018, 06:03 PM
No parking zone? Or just the presence of an MSU sticker?

RocketDawg
09-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Wow. OM scores on first play pass, 75 yards. This game might last a while.

Stepped out on the 2, but they gave him the TD anyway.

EdDawg
09-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Yep, I guess Bama was totally taken off guard. Lol SMH

SailingDawg
09-15-2018, 06:13 PM
No parking zone? Or just the presence of an MSU sticker?

Likely a place that needed to be cleared before a certain time. Certainly his responsibility.

RocketDawg
09-15-2018, 06:17 PM
Now Bama scores. Two TDs in just over a game minute.

I don't think anybody has a first down yet.

EdDawg
09-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Luke knows Saban wants to control the clock, but that's impossible to do when Bama scores so quickly. This is a game of chess guys. Buckle up.

IMissJack
09-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Bama gets a stop. Maybe ballgame...

IMissJack
09-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Likely a place that needed to be cleared before a certain time. Certainly his responsibility.

The $245 seems a little steep though.

MedDawg
09-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Ta'amu only passing for 33%, therefore he is terrible.**

SailingDawg
09-15-2018, 06:25 PM

Definitely gouging.

Dawgology
09-15-2018, 06:32 PM
RTGDF Bama. It's very simple for you. Don't over think it

Westdawg
09-15-2018, 06:32 PM
Can't hold on to the football.....

Commercecomet24
09-15-2018, 06:34 PM
The shark defense is small and slow!

Westdawg
09-15-2018, 06:42 PM
I parked in front of the old Cheers building last home game so I could run in to Mugshots to grab our food. The security guard on duty walked over to me and said if I didn't move my vehicle ( I wasn't a patron of any of the stores in that strip of stores) I would be towed and it would cost $285 to get it out

IMissJack
09-15-2018, 06:44 PM
I parked in front of the old Cheers building last home game so I could run in to Mugshots to grab our food. The security guard on duty walked over to me and said if I didn't move my vehicle ( I wasn't a patron of any of the stores in that strip of stores) I would be towed and it would cost $285 to get it out

They are both gouging.

RocketDawg
09-15-2018, 06:49 PM
They are both gouging.

Better than a Denver boot.

SailingDawg
09-15-2018, 06:56 PM
28-7 first q what a joke

RocketDawg
09-15-2018, 06:56 PM
Bama's on track to score about 100.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2018, 07:01 PM
5-0 looking very pedestrian today.

Westdawg
09-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Yeah, that Cover 2 High Shell is working well against them....but their safeties are better than our safeties.
However, if you get pressure on 5-0 with your DL and can play man underneath, you really do damage to them.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Yeah, that Cover 2 High Shell is working well against them....but their safeties are better than our safeties.
However, if you get pressure on 5-0 with your DL and can play man underneath, you really do damage to them.

You nailed it. That's the way you can stop this bunch if you have the personnel to do it.

Dawgology
09-15-2018, 07:26 PM
I can't believe our usual posters aren't here touting the elite Ole Miss passing game!! What gives??

Oh yeah like I said last week. The SEC will expose them and show you why their QB wasn't highly recruited.

Cooterpoot
09-15-2018, 07:27 PM
Bunch of pussies. If women played college football, they’d look like OM.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Bunch of pussies. If women played college football, they’d look like OM.

Rep given!

SailingDawg
09-15-2018, 07:37 PM
Did they call an unsportsmanlike on Alabama for throwing landshark after the TD? If that's so, then um can't do it, either.

MoreCowbell
09-15-2018, 07:37 PM

Our safeties don?t take a backseat to anyone. (if Abrams is on field)

IMissJack
09-15-2018, 07:42 PM
That powder blue though...*

Turfdawg67
09-15-2018, 07:47 PM
I guess Dawgs61 is getting his weekly Bama compliments ready. Hahahaha! (Bet with Tusk)

Commercecomet24
09-15-2018, 07:52 PM
I can't believe our usual posters aren't here touting the elite Ole Miss passing game!! What gives??

Oh yeah like I said last week. The SEC will expose them and show you why their QB wasn't highly recruited.

No kidding. Some folks been talking like 5-0 is Brady 2.0 when in fact he only looks good against crappy defenses.

Westdawg
09-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Maybe in rush defense, but we are susceptible to the deep ball and our corners make defender big the pass even more difficult

Token Bammer
09-15-2018, 08:04 PM
I guess Dawgs61 is getting his weekly Bama compliments ready. Hahahaha! (Bet with Tusk)

I haven't read the thread in a while, but I thought he declined?

We were always going to obliterate this team. I told TUSK in a PM the line should be more like 30, and here we are up 42 at half.

lastmajordog
09-15-2018, 08:09 PM
But.....But.....the blonde bombshell said that Ole Miss was “The CLASS OF SEC TAILGATING”.........

Turfdawg67
09-15-2018, 08:11 PM

We were always going to obliterate this team. I told TUSK in a PM the line should be more like 30, and here we are up 42 at half.

I haven't either... Smart for him! Ha!

TUSK
09-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Did they call an unsportsmanlike on Alabama for throwing landshark after the TD? If that's so, then um can't do it, either.

I shall require reparations.

BeardoMSU
09-15-2018, 08:25 PM
I shall require reparations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRZN7IzvCVs

DownwardDawg
09-15-2018, 08:36 PM
That ole miss offense.........lol

Commercecomet24
09-15-2018, 08:51 PM
5-0 is 6-20 with 2 picks. Yeah he ain't all that.

BeardoMSU
09-15-2018, 08:51 PM
OM is like an abortion that didn't take.

Thanks, NCAA.**

SailingDawg
09-15-2018, 09:20 PM
Why is the om keeping Ta'amu in the game?

TrapGame
09-15-2018, 09:31 PM
5 touch downs. That's all I heard this week. 5-0 was gonna throw 5 touch downs but om was still gonna lose b/c of the defense.

Dawg61
09-15-2018, 09:31 PM

Correct. I declined even with the enticing chance to have TUSK banned from talking anything Bama football for a year.

Dawg61
09-15-2018, 09:33 PM
5-0 is 6-20 with 2 picks. Yeah he ain't all that.

This is ideal. We needed Bama to shake his confidence into oblivion. Hopefully his broken confidence lasts till he graduates.

TUSK
09-15-2018, 09:34 PM

LOL... Dawg61 wouldn't even take his own bet.

And he was smart not to do so.... so, there's that... I guess.

Turfdawg67
09-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Correct. I declined even with the enticing chance to have TUSK banned from talking anything Bama football for a year.

Enticing maybe... but stupid that you thought OM would possibly cover. It was 66-3 last year and 62-7 this year. Might wanna wait for a 50 pt spread! Hahahaha!

Dawg61
09-15-2018, 09:37 PM
LOL... Dawg61 wouldn't even take his own bet.

And he was smart not to do so.... so, there's that... I guess.

It wasn't my own bet when you changed the terms. I told you there was zero chance I'd ever be typing cheerleading threads for your Elephants.

Dawg61
09-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Enticing maybe... but stupid that you thought OM would possibly cover. It was 66-3 last year and 62-7 this year. Might wanna wait for a 50 pt spread! Hahahaha!

Sounds like Shae took control of the QB controller on Xbox again.

TUSK
09-15-2018, 09:41 PM
It wasn't my own bet when you changed the terms. I told you there was zero chance I'd ever be typing cheerleading threads for your Elephants.

Bobby Knight once said, "If getting raped is inevitable, enjoy it." [sic]

jus' think 'bout it, buddy...

TALL DAWG
09-15-2018, 09:48 PM

I would bet...there are some po?ed Gamblers by this game not going over 70 pts to cover.
No one scored with about 8 minutes to go.

Turfdawg67
09-15-2018, 09:54 PM
I would bet...there are some po?ed Gamblers by this game not going over 70 pts to cover.
No one scored with about 8 minutes to go.

Yep. And ole Satan was bitching at his fans for not staying around at home games even when they're blowing teams out. For what? To watch your 3rd string team run it up the middle for a quarter?? Run your offense and let the young guys get some real game action.

Edited for hatred: Especially if it's Ole Miss.

TUSK
09-15-2018, 10:19 PM
Yep. And ole Satan was bitching at his fans for not staying around at home games even when they're blowing teams out. For what? To watch your 3rd string team run it up the middle for a quarter?? Run your offense and let the young guys get some real game action.

Edited for hatred: Especially if it's Ole Miss.

He is a Merciful Dark Lord....

so merciful.