PDA

View Full Version : What I'm Looking For In Tomorrow's Game

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Gameday is almost here & is what I'm looking for tomorrow.

- Leadership. Even with good teams in the past, we've always had at least 1 non-conference game a year in which we stink, but in order to be a championship caliber team, leaders have to step up & make sure that does not happen. Tomorrow, I don't want to see a let down in the trenches & tackling. Championship teams dominate. I think the leadership has been fantastic so far this year, & tomorrow will be another test.

- I'm not about looking at a stat at the end of the game to tell you whether we are headed in the right direction in the passing game. I'm into what my eyes see & ingredients. What I want to see tomorrow is a better job by the RBs in pass blocking & Fitz looking more comfortable in the pocket. I thought early on last week, Fitz looked jumpy & like the game was too fast for him in the passing game. Then in the 3rd quarter he stood in the pocket & delivered a strike down the middle to GuidryGram. That's what I want to see more of, even if it leads to him holding too long a few times & getting sacked. I want to Fitz be in more rhythm & look more comfortable in the pocket. Those ingredients alone should allow us to take a big step forward towards what we all want to see.

- I want to see how Chris Rayford looks in the first half in place of Abram. I love Abram, but I think we can all agree that it's likely that he gets ejected from at least one more game this year & we don't know when that will happen. It's critical IMO that his backup is capable.

- I want to see consistency out of Kylin & a willingness to stick his nose in there to block blitzing LBs or whatever else. You can bet you last dollar that SEC defenses are going to see him as our pass blocking weakness & target blitzes at him until he shows he's a willing blocker.

- I want to see Chase Christman get his mojo back & split the uprights.

- I want to see more crisp & organized kickoff coverage.

- I want to see the Austin Williams that we hear about in practice. Thus far, he's just a practice player IMO because he hasn't brought it on gameday.

- I want to see GuidryGram targeted on a few deep throws so that we can see how he accelerates.

- I want to see Aeris running like a bat our of hell to show Moorhead that he deserves more touches.

I know I never used the CP words here & that was on purpose. I think that is a result of other things being right & doesn't actually identify anything you can work on. Nobody works on CP. It's a result of other things in the same way that no one every says, "let's work on your batting average.". Even if Fitz has a 70% CP tomorrow, if he looks jumpy in the pocket & inaccurate down the field, I really won't consider that a step forward.

Anything else?

jbjones
09-14-2018, 06:04 PM
- I want to see Chase Christman get his mojo back & split the uprights.

Jace Christmann .

TXDawg
09-14-2018, 06:13 PM
Gameday is almost here & is what I'm looking for tomorrow.

Even if Fitz has a 70% CP tomorrow, if he looks jumpy in the pocket & inaccurate down the field, I really won't consider that a step forward.

This.

I couldn't agree more. Getting your CP up is easy. Just throw a bunch of links & dunks for easy completions. That's not the Championship Standard Moorhead is looking for. I want to see Fitz look calm in the pocket and throw with touch (regardless of distance).

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 06:28 PM
This.

I couldn't agree more. Getting your CP up is easy. Just throw a bunch of links & dunks for easy completions. That's not the Championship Standard Moorhead is looking for. I want to see Fitz look calm in the pocket and throw with touch (regardless of distance).

Exactly. It's why I used the batting average analogy. No body works on their batting average and batting average without power is much less useful

justwin
09-14-2018, 06:51 PM
I think Fitz gets sec potw this week. Whop in the slot. 200+ for Kylin. 3 interceptions by cornerbacks. 6 catches for Guidry. 15 carries for atrain

Win 60-12

Dawgowar
09-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Jace Christmann .

Well then. I want to see him get his damn correct name back too!

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 12:20 AM
I'm looking for a comfortable win, that's it. Hopefully we can leave mid 3rd quarter and be home by 10. Anything less than that isn't a good omen.

TimberBeast
09-15-2018, 01:49 AM
Is this where you do the TLDR (too long didn’t read) thing? I mean damn

dawgday166
09-15-2018, 08:11 AM
STRAIN!! **********

KOdawg1
09-15-2018, 08:18 AM
Is this where you do the TLDR (too long didn’t read) thing? I mean damn

It wasn't even that long of a post? Plus, if you didn't read it, why comment? No one cares