PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Recruiting...

Jack Lambert
09-14-2018, 09:37 AM
They have 27 commitments. Five of which are WR. Their defense is currently horrible but out of the 27 they only have 8 defensive commitments. I guess they are planning on playing Big 12 football in the SEC.

Cooterpoot
09-14-2018, 09:56 AM
SWAC

Martianlander
09-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Briarcrest High

MetEdDawg
09-14-2018, 10:23 AM
They have 27 commitments. Five of which are WR. Their defense is currently horrible but out of the 27 they only have 8 defensive commitments. I guess they are planning on playing Big 12 football in the SEC.

The big problem for them is that the big recruits they've gotten on defense have been massive busts at the next level. Really all around the ones on offense have been busts too. They produced nothing in the way of great defensive guys. Meanwhile, we have McKinney, Slay, Cox, Preston Smith. All these guys have made big impacts. Then you add Sweat and Simmons to the mix and we will have a number of guys making huge impacts on NFL defenses for a long time.

I'm not sure why anyone would choose to play on the OM defense. You aren't going to the NFL to make an impact.

yjnkdawg
09-14-2018, 10:35 AM
I think the OM staff still thinks they can win games with that mickey mouse no read offense that Longo puts on the field. That high octane offense is due to those elite receivers (who will be gone after this year). Defense wasn't a priority when Freeze was there, and maybe it's wash, rinse and repeat now too.

KOdawg1
09-14-2018, 10:44 AM
Ole Miss recruits just like they want their public perception to be: flashy on the surface, but if you dig past that, it's a whole lot of shit.

Yes they have elite receivers and a good QB to feed it to them, and they're bringing in more good WRs but they're okay with having a shitty defense.

Mutt the Hoople
09-14-2018, 11:01 AM
Recruiting...........or Grooming?

yjnkdawg
09-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Ole Miss recruits just like they want their public perception to be: flashy on the surface, but if you dig past that, it's a whole lot of shit.

Yes they have elite receivers and a good QB to feed it to them, and they're bringing in more good WRs but they're okay with having a shitty defense.

I think time will tell on this. I'm not sure they have brought in a Brown, Metcalf or a Lodge.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 12:09 PM

They are bringing in good WRs but don't confuse that with those guys being anything close to what they have now.

To put it in perspective, Brown, Metcalf, and Lodge could all be top 50 picks in the NFL draft. That's isn't replicable and is nothing close to the level of guys they have committed. Ohio State, UGA, and Bama recruit far better WRs than Ole Miss and they can't even replicate that. Throw that in with an unrecruited QB turning into a stud, & it's clear that they caught a crazy amount of lightening in a bottle just to be competitive in 2018.

Losing those WRs and Ta'amu plus terrible players on defense, has Ole Miss staring down the barrel of Arkansas level suckage after this year.

It'll be interesting to see if they attempt to cheat their way out of it.

fishwater99
09-14-2018, 12:18 PM
They are bringing in good WRs but don't confuse that with those guys being anything close to what they have now.

To put it in perspective, Brown, Metcalf, and Lodge could all be top 50 picks in the NFL draft. That's isn't replicable and is nothing close to the level of guys they have committed. Ohio State, UGA, and Bama recruit far better WRs than Ole Miss and they can't even replicate that. Throw that in with an unrecruited QB turning into a stud, & it's clear that they caught a crazy amount of lightening in a bottle just to be competitive in 2018.

Losing those WRs and Ta'amu plus terrible players on defense, has Ole Miss staring down the barrel of Arkansas level suckage after this year.

It'll be interesting to see if they attempt to cheat their way out of it.

that's a given.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 12:22 PM
that's a given.

Gonna be a little more scrutiny this time though. I feel they are going to try and start with our Provine DE this year. Hopefully he's stronger than that.

Tbonewannabe
09-14-2018, 12:23 PM

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they cheat their way out of it.

Fixed it for you.

MadDawg
09-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Gonna be a little more scrutiny this time though.

Scrutiny my ass. The NCAA's message to ole miss was "go on with ya bad self!!".

ZedFedder
09-14-2018, 01:06 PM
To their credit they've put up 47 and 76 (I think) in their first two games. Granted the teams were awful but their offense is pretty impressive. Those wideouts are all legit threats, and Ta'amu throws the deep ball about as well as anyone. Still think they will struggle to get to .500 because of that putrid defense and a run game that isn't nearly as good as they think it is.

Johnson85
09-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Scrutiny my ass. The NCAA's message to ole miss was "go on with ya bad self!!".

It was, but they still have to deal with repeat offender status. My guess is that if they get popped while still on probation, the NCAA will still not hammer them. But it is a risk that UM has to take into account, and the more blatant they are with the cheating, the more likely the NCAA nuts up and punishes them hard.

So my guess is that they will "cheat within the lines". I don't think they'll go out and try to outbidding the blueboods on prospects they have no connection with. I also don't think they'll feel constrained from playing the game enough that they will be on a level playing field with us for instate prospects.

Pinto
09-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Here is my question, when will high school wide receivers see that Ole Miss doesn’t prepare wideouts for the NFL? Treadwell os exhibit A. On top of that one of the current receivers said ole miss doesn’t teach you routes. You just run to open space. Hence why their receivers don’t even know an NFL route tree.

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2018, 11:39 PM
It was, but they still have to deal with repeat offender status. My guess is that if they get popped while still on probation, the NCAA will still not hammer them. But it is a risk that UM has to take into account, and the more blatant they are with the cheating, the more likely the NCAA nuts up and punishes them hard.

So my guess is that they will "cheat within the lines". I don't think they'll go out and try to outbidding the blueboods on prospects they have no connection with. I also don't think they'll feel constrained from playing the game enough that they will be on a level playing field with us for instate prospects.
This time they may dock them two scholarships, reduce practices by one, and no gas station chicken for a week.

biggun
09-15-2018, 11:34 AM
I think Ta’amu has another year but Longo will bolt after this season. McGriff has been a disaster and is for sure gone after this year, if not mid season. Let’s see how they finish recruiting after they finish 6-6 or perhaps even worse.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-15-2018, 01:38 PM
I think Ta’amu has another year .

5-0 is a Senior.

Bully13
09-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Ta'amu should have gone to A&M for obvious reasons.