PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on The Hawaiin Bowl

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 08:53 AM
I'm not sold on 5-0 slinging it around on Bama's defense. First, I think Saban is going to limit his touches by just running the ball. Secondly, when 5-0 does get a touch he will be get an elite level pass rush that drops his accuracy. I look for him to throw at least two picks. The Pearl Harbor Offense in the end winds up like the USS Arizona, sunk. There is only one Hawaiin QB worth a damn and he plays for Saban.

smootness
09-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Not going to lie, all these posts kind of come across like we're scared of Ta'amu and OM's offense.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-14-2018, 09:01 AM
Not going to lie, all these posts kind of come across like we're scared of Ta'amu and OM's offense.

My thought exactly. You know what else does? Some over-reacting all of a sudden to our completion percentage. It is all connected to OM obsession. They see them lighting it up and that puts spotlight on our passing game.

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 09:05 AM

If some State guys would stop sucking his dick and see what he does against a legit defense we can find out if he is worthy of the "fear".

Negative Waves
09-14-2018, 09:07 AM
The first 5 minutes of this game will determine the outcome. UM is going to come out high as a WWF wrestler who snorted coke before a match. If 5-0 hits a long bomb which leads to a score on their first possession, the game might stay close for a half. I wouldn't be surprised if UM jumps out to a 14-0 lead early on. They'll run out of gas and still lose by at least 2-3 scores, but they could make it exciting for a half. Now if UM turns the ball over early and Bama jumps out to a quick lead, they'll fold like a cheap tent, and we might see a score similar to last year.

msstate7
09-14-2018, 09:09 AM
The first 5 minutes of this game will determine the outcome. UM is going to come out high as a WWF wrestler who snorted coke before a match. If 5-0 hits a long bomb which leads to a score on their first possession, the game might stay close for a half. I wouldn't be surprised if UM jumps out to a 14-0 lead early on. They'll run out of gas and still lose by at least 2-3 scores, but they could make it exciting for a half. Now if UM turns the ball over early and Bama jumps out to a quick lead, they'll fold like a cheap tent, and we might see a score similar to last year.

I'll be shocked if om goes up 14-0. Bama is better at every phase of the game than OM, and yes, that includes offense. Bama gonna roll OM

chef dixon
09-14-2018, 09:16 AM

I am 100% scared of that offense.

smootness
09-14-2018, 09:21 AM
OM is going to get destroyed. Their offense will move the ball some, but it will also get exposed as not as great as they looked the first 2 weeks. I'm honestly not sure why we're really talking about it. They're not going to challenge Bama.

msstate7
09-14-2018, 09:27 AM

We play at LSU (great, great defense), auburn (great team, period), and at bama (the best scheduled team we'll play this year). These are the teams we should be concerned with.

chef dixon
09-14-2018, 09:32 AM
We play at LSU (great, great defense), auburn (great team, period), and at bama (the best scheduled team we'll play this year). These are the teams we should be concerned with.

Their offense has ripped us a new asshole 4 of the last 6 egg bowls. A lot can change by the time the game comes, and I don't think they can stop us.

Covercorner2
09-14-2018, 09:33 AM

Auburn is not that great. They are a poor man's version of us this year with a QB that can throw a little better than our's (but can't run near as well).

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Their offense has ripped us a new asshole 4 of the last 6 egg bowls. A lot can change by the time the game comes, and I don't think they can stop us.

They also tried to rip off our starting QB's ankle to give them the advantage. Which reminds me... TU'A WATCH YOUR ANKLES BRAH!!!

msstate7
09-14-2018, 09:42 AM
Auburn is not that great. They are a poor man's version of us this year with a QB that can throw a little better than our's (but can't run near as well).

I think they're better than you give them credit for. Through 2 games, their D is better at stopping the run than we are, and they've played a much better team than we have. If they can stop us from running, that game is gonna be really tough

thf24
09-14-2018, 09:44 AM
I'll be shocked if om goes up 14-0. Bama is better at every phase of the game than OM, and yes, that includes offense. Bama gonna roll OM

Bama could come out half asleep and still score on every drive against that defense. I'll be surprised if they punt in the first half.

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2018, 09:49 AM
OM is going to get destroyed. Their offense will move the ball some, but it will also get exposed as not as great as they looked the first 2 weeks. I'm honestly not sure why we're really talking about it. They're not going to challenge Bama.

This. All that needs to be said

Jack Lambert
09-14-2018, 09:52 AM
It's kind of like fighting a big fat guy. It's intimidating at first but once you punch him in the stomach he folds. They have no defense. Plus do we really know how good their offense is? They have not played a good defense yet. Ya'll need to remember they have the same offense they have had the previous two years and they only won 11 games. All offense and no defense is why the Big 12 gets kicked in the nuts so much when they go out of conference. They have two good teams and they are the only two who plays defense.

DownwardDawg
09-14-2018, 09:59 AM

They don't have a great offense. They have a good QB and great receivers. They won't be able to run the ball against any decent defense. That's not a great offense.

DownwardDawg
09-14-2018, 10:01 AM
I think they're better than you give them credit for. Through 2 games, their D is better at stopping the run than we are, and they've played a much better team than we have. If they can stop us from running, that game is gonna be really tough

Is their defense better than Bama's D was last year? That's a serious question. Not being a smartass.

LC Dawg
09-14-2018, 10:04 AM

Other than the humor of seeing Ole Miss being abused I am a lot more interested in the LSU-Auburn game. I think Auburn rolls in that game but I would like to see their offense struggle because if they struggle against LSU they will struggle against us. I also want to see LSU's offense totally exposed for who they are.

msstate7
09-14-2018, 10:04 AM
Is their defense better than Bama's D was last year? That's a serious question. Not being a smartass.

Bama with or without 3 LBs?

msstate7
09-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Other than the humor of seeing Ole Miss being abused I am a lot more interested in the LSU-Auburn game. I think Auburn rolls in that game but I would like to see their offense struggle because if they struggle against LSU they will struggle against us. I also want to see LSU's offense totally exposed for who they are.

I think both teams struggle offensively... I really think LSU defense is top notch. In the end though, auburn wins bc they have a great defense too and some offense

DownwardDawg
09-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Bama with or without 3 LBs?

Not sure how to answer that. The Bama defense we played against. I'm asking because that Bama D couldn't even slow down our run game last year. We are better this year. I don't think Auburn will stop our run game.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2018, 10:10 AM
To be honest it would be good for the entire West if Ole Miss won tomorrow.

msstate7
09-14-2018, 10:12 AM
Not sure how to answer that. The Bama defense we played against. I'm asking because that Bama D couldn't even slow down our run game last year. We are better this year. I don't think Auburn will stop our run game.

That bama defense was relying on holcombe at lb bc they were so beat up there. Auburn's defense now is better than that bama defense. Now the playoff bama defense that got some LBs back was better than this auburn defense.

I'm not slighting us, but it's true. I think we will push LSU, auburn, and bama defenses this season if we stay healthy.

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 10:19 AM
To be honest it would be good for the entire West if Ole Miss won tomorrow.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnJ3BooiDs8dL7W/giphy.gif

Jack Lambert
09-14-2018, 10:22 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnJ3BooiDs8dL7W/giphy.gif

I hate it too but Bama with one lose is good for everyone else. :)

KOdawg1
09-14-2018, 10:35 AM
I hate it too but Bama with one lose is good for everyone else. :)
Lol I agree they need to lose before we play them. Just not to that bunch.

yjnkdawg
09-14-2018, 10:47 AM

Doubtful on that 14 point lead. Bama's defense is no Texas Tech or Southern Illinois defense, and 5-0 should not be comfortable back there facing this Bama defense.

yjnkdawg
09-14-2018, 10:54 AM

I'm glad Coach JoeMo, our other coaches, and our players aren't worried, or scared of OM's offense.

NWADAWG
09-14-2018, 11:04 AM
If Taamu goes out (ankle injury would be ironic), do they have any qb's even decent to back him up? If I'm an opposing team with a good defense, I'm gonna blitz from everywhere on the field. He might burn me a time or two but I would find out how he throws when he's scared and beat to crap.

msstate7
09-14-2018, 11:10 AM
If Taamu goes out (ankle injury would be ironic), do they have any qb's even decent to back him up? If I'm an opposing team with a good defense, I'm gonna blitz from everywhere on the field. He might burn me a time or two but I would find out how he throws when he's scared and beat to crap.

Doubt they go to corral if 5-0 goes down. From what I've heard, corral has a rocket for an arm, but his accuracy is flat out bad

IMissJack
09-14-2018, 11:15 AM
I do not understand some of our fans ignoring the fact that the same type of OM offense burned us last year at home.

TUSK
09-14-2018, 11:18 AM
That bama defense was relying on holcombe at lb bc they were so beat up there. Auburn's defense now is better than that bama defense. Now the playoff bama defense that got some LBs back was better than this auburn defense.

This is correct. I like Holcombe but he just just looked overmatched in that game, thus y'all were able to run some.

msstate7
09-14-2018, 11:19 AM
I do not understand some of our fans ignoring the fact that the same type of OM offense burned us last year at home.

You worry about the egg bowl. I'm more concerned with our trip to LSU at the moment

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 11:21 AM

Grantham's defense was not the big deal we thought it was. And add Mullen checking out mentally and our starting QB writhing on the field with a foot pointing in the wrong direction. Oh, and we turned the ball over...5 times?

LC Dawg
09-14-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm glad Coach JoeMo, our other coaches, and our players aren't worried, or scared of OM's offense.

Their tackling techniques are all that should worry us but I doubt Coach Moorhead yuks it up with Luke on the field like our last coach if that shit happens again this year.

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 11:31 AM
Their tackling techniques are all that should worry us but I doubt Coach Moorhead yuks it up with Luke on the field like our last coach if that shit happens again this year.

FWIW, one of the guys over on SPS says his rebel booster club father in law told him some boosters got a bounty on Tu'a tomorrow. I don't doubt it for a second.

thf24
09-14-2018, 11:37 AM
FWIW, one of the guys over on SPS says his rebel booster club father in law told him some boosters got a bounty on Tu'a tomorrow. I don't doubt it for a second.

Surely there's no way they're that stupid. Taking out three QB ankles in four games, the last of which being college football's golden child, would surely result in some pretty major consequences.

Covercorner2
09-14-2018, 11:50 AM

Their defense is good. Ours is better. They are a 9-3 team.

SheltonChoked
09-14-2018, 12:03 PM
Bama could come out half asleep and still score on every drive against that defense. I'll be surprised if they punt .

FTFY

SLU punted only 3 times....

Cite for support:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense/sort/passingYards

Passing Defense:
120 Ole Miss

Rushing Defense:
102 Ole Miss

Johnson85
09-14-2018, 12:17 PM

Their offense did well, but we had what, 5 turnovers? And they scored 31 points? Definitely not a good showing by us on D but I'm not sure that's quite burned. Definitely close to it. But even assuming that we hav our starting QB injured and our freshman QB turns it over, we still win handily if our upperclassmen just hang on to the ball.

Johnson85
09-14-2018, 12:24 PM
They don't have a great offense. They have a good QB and great receivers. They won't be able to run the ball against any decent defense. That's not a great offense.

They have a QB that is good at throwing the deep ball, elite wide receivers, and I think a good enough line to give their qb time (we'll see when they face a good DL). They are sort of like the flipside of our offense last year. They are going to light up people who don't have the DBs and/or DL to stop their passing game. The few teams that they face a defense that can force them to run it, they are going to have trouble making them pay.

That said, the advantage they have is that they get a lot more explosive plays, and when they are forced to move the ball with their weak running game, that's not as feast or famine (and mostly just famine) as our deep passing game was last year.

Dawg61
09-14-2018, 12:29 PM
Lol I agree they need to lose before we play them. Just not to that bunch.

We need Bama to lose to any bunch. They are our biggest problem in the SEC not OM.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-14-2018, 01:58 PM

This is it!! A very good point. OM has been able to run the ball enough and effective enough against these crap teams to keep secondary honest. When their crappy running game gets shut down they become one dimensional and that aint gonna cut it in the SEC. Same ole story for OM just a different year.

notsofarawaydawg
09-14-2018, 02:06 PM
They gonna be mad about that 66-3 whipping they took last year thanks to Hugh Freeze.

Pit Bull
09-14-2018, 02:26 PM
If some State guys would stop sucking his dick and see what he does against a legit defense we can find out if he is worthy of the "fear".

We'll know tomorrow night.....he did pass pretty well last year against MSU's basically same defense. Then again, maybe we weren't expecting much from him and he caught us by surprise.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2018, 02:31 PM
10 for 22 with 247 yards passing with two TD's and one Interception.

I guess thats good but if he does that Saturday they are going to get their asses smoked.

Edit to add:
State:
501 total yards
Time of possession 37:30
First Downs 27
Turn overs 5

Ole Mis:
355 total yards
Time of possession 22:30
First Downs 11
turnovers 2

We should have won.

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 02:33 PM
We'll know tomorrow night.....he did pass pretty well last year against MSU's basically same defense. Then again, maybe we weren't expecting much from him and he caught us by surprise.

Our team was in shock after seeing their leader and QB go down on a dirty play and the head coach to busy moving on in his head to give two shits.

DancingRabbit
09-14-2018, 02:37 PM

I think he's a pretty good QB, but his EB stats aren't that impressive: 10-22, 247yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, QBR of 36.2

West Tn Dawg
09-14-2018, 02:52 PM
Big 17'n deal! The Landsharts have a good passing game. But guess what? We have a great running game! A great running game will beat a good passing game every time. Especially when you also have a great defense. Guess what? We have that too! I'm sick of hearing about the Landsharts passing game. How about we talk about our great running game and defense!

Commercecomet24
09-14-2018, 03:05 PM
While 5-0 is a good qb some folks have turned him into Tom Brady. Fact is AM shut his a** down last year and outside of a couple of big plays that were a result of us trying to cover aj with a lb/safety we stopped him pretty good too. This year he's faced the second wurst defense in fbs and a crappy fcs team. I'm gonna wait til he does this against a defense with a pulse before I give him the heisman.

RocketDawg
09-14-2018, 03:20 PM
We need Bama to lose to any bunch. They are our biggest problem in the SEC not OM.

We'll have to pull for LSU and/or A&M to do us a favor to slay the giant. If OM wins again, they'll certainly get even more uppity. On the positive side though, they might think they're really good and not win another game.

In actuality, we need to take care of the Bama game ourselves and not worry about coming in the back door.

Dawg61
09-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Big 17'n deal! The Landsharts have a good passing game. But guess what? We have a great running game! A great running game will beat a good passing game every time. Especially when you also have a great defense. Guess what? We have that too! I'm sick of hearing about the Landsharts passing game. How about we talk about our great running game and defense!

The reason you keep hearing about it is because for the last 17 years our team hasn't been able to defend against the deep pass. It isn't just OM that's burned us with this countless times over that span. LSU and Bama have gotten plenty of free touchdowns of our secondary as well. OM just happens to have the best or 2nd best passing attack in the West this year.

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 03:36 PM
We'll have to pull for LSU and/or A&M to do us a favor to slay the giant. If OM wins again, they'll certainly get even more uppity. On the positive side though, they might think they're really good and not win another game.

In actuality, we need to take care of the Bama game ourselves and not worry about coming in the back door.

I'd love for Coach O to somehow beat Bama. They'd keep his Cajun ass forever after that. I feel safer with Coach O at LSU.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 03:39 PM

I'm not slighting us, but it's true. I think we will push LSU, auburn, and bama defenses this season if we stay healthy.

I don't think the Bama DL is as good this year.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Ole Miss only scored 3 points vs Bama last year with basically the same players right?

Why are they now going to score 20+

msstate7
09-14-2018, 03:42 PM
Ole Miss only scored 3 points vs Bama last year with basically the same players right?

Why are they now going to score 20+
I think they get blasted, but different qb

TUSK
09-14-2018, 03:43 PM
I'd love for Coach O to somehow beat Bama. They'd keep his Cajun ass forever after that. I feel safer with Coach O at LSU.

I was sad when L7U let Miles go. That frown was turned upside down when they hired Yaw Yaw.

TrapGame
09-14-2018, 03:48 PM
I was sad when L7U let Miles go. That frown was turned upside down when they hired Yaw Yaw.

Y'all need to take one for the SECW Tusk! C'mon let O win one time, just one.

Pit Bull
09-14-2018, 04:05 PM
I've watched the 2 Hawaiin QBs that play for BAMA and Ole Miss.....AND......I've watched the American QB who plays for the U. of Hawaii. The QB who plays for the Rainbow Warriors, IMO, is the best pro prospect of the three. He just may not have the total team surrounding him. That dude can really sling the ball.

Lord McBuckethead
09-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Surely there's no way they're that stupid. Taking out three QB ankles in four games, the last of which being college football's golden child, would surely result in some pretty major consequences.

Nope, if he goes down. No one will say anything. Calling it now.