PDA

View Full Version : Greg Eiland is hurting people's feelings

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 10:53 PM
https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1040061546288828417

Todd4State
09-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Eiland is going to be a NFL player as long as he stays healthy. Absolute badass.

Captain Falcon
09-13-2018, 11:45 PM
Both of our tackles are very good, and only sophomores. That’s really exciting for the future.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-14-2018, 12:57 AM
Both of our tackles are very good, and only sophomores. That’s really exciting for the future.

Reese scared me to death after the first game last year. Then he looked great after that. Eiland came in when Rankin got hurt and looked great. Those 2 guys were critical to our success last year. I do think Reese might move inside next year with Tyre Phillips starring at right tackle. We will see how the coaches handle the loss of Calhoun and Jenkins.

dawgday166
09-14-2018, 06:04 AM
Eiland can play IMO. Just needs to be consistent. I think he can develop further into 1st rounder maybe. Has a lot of potential.

smootness
09-14-2018, 07:36 AM
I like Guidry on that play, too.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 07:55 AM
Tyre is good as well.

Wouldn't shock me next year to see Reese move to guard and Tyre start at RT.

While we have to replace a good bit of our defense next year, our offensive personnel will be really good.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-14-2018, 08:07 AM
Tyre is good as well.

Wouldn't shock me next year to see Reese move to guard and Tyre start at RT.

While we have to replace a good bit of our defense next year, our offensive personnel will be really good.

I expect that too & for Dolla to be that 3rd swing OT like Tyre this year.

bostondawg
09-14-2018, 08:31 AM
I think for those of us who were paying attention when Rankin went out, we knew that Eiland could be special. He played just as good as Rankin, IMO.

msudawglb
09-14-2018, 08:53 AM
I think for those of us who were paying attention when Rankin went out, we knew that Eiland could be special. He played just as good as Rankin, IMO.

It really is surprising at just how soft Kansas State was. Most LB's aren't going to get trucked like that. And that other video of Abrams getting the targeting call...the KSU player who is at the front of the wedge just got pushed over. It wasn't even a hit really.

I expect a bad season for KSU.

Cooterpoot
09-14-2018, 08:54 AM
Eiland is a the kind of kid you can find in MS. Wasn't highly recruited, was out of shape, but big and athletic. Congrats to that that kid for working his butt off. He's going to end up a high NFL draft pick.

parabrave
09-14-2018, 09:33 AM
I thought he did better than Rankin last year.

dawgday166
09-14-2018, 09:42 AM
I thought he did better than Rankin last year.

I did too.

LC Dawg
09-14-2018, 09:59 AM
Was it the Auburn game in which Rankin got hurt and Eiland finished the game? Eiland got abused in that game and I thought our season had taken a huge hit but the guy came back and played great after that game until Rankin took back his spot.
Eiland deserves a lot of credit for not letting that first game affect his play the rest of the year.

Dental Dawg33
09-14-2018, 10:03 AM
I like Guidry on that play, too.

I have been watching him a lot on run plays or short passes where he doesn’t get the ball and turns to block. The kid absolutely gets after it blocking down field.

Political Hack
09-14-2018, 10:05 AM
He's so athletic for being so big. If he can hold up against the bigger bull rush guys he might get PAID!

1bigdawg
09-14-2018, 10:26 AM
My question is, are there any Eilands out there this year that we don't know about. OL recruiting is not yet blowing my socks off, but some guys are late bloomers.

Cooterpoot
09-14-2018, 10:31 AM
I haven't seen any under the radar OL in MS for this class. I think there are some coming up the next couple of years though.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-14-2018, 10:47 AM
My question is, are there any Eilands out there this year that we don't know about. OL recruiting is not yet blowing my socks off, but some guys are late bloomers.

Thing is Cunningham & Washington are both significantly better than Eiland was at this stage. We'll see how they progress in college.

msstate7
09-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Thing is Cunningham & Washington are both significantly better than Eiland was at this stage. We'll see how they progress in college.

As most know, I'm from philly... Eiland was, let's just say not that impressive in HS. The jump he has made is unbelievable. I'm certainly not qualified to judge a HS olineman's college outlook, but I never expected this level of play. Hats off to my fellow Philadelphian