PDA

View Full Version : Watching the offensive plays for KSU....

Jack Lambert
09-13-2018, 03:16 PM
I noticed that all the KSU D linemen are watching our Center. When he tucks his butt down to snap they look straight. Every single time after his butt drops I count 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand and then he snaps the ball. All any defense has to do is watch the film and figure out the snap count. 95% of time it is snapped on 2 one thousand but never past. That is how they were timing those blitz and getting into the back field. Every once in a while he would snap it on one but usually it is on 2. That's my observation and I am getting old so my eye sight and count my be off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Fvz-mAqTY&t=848s

thf24
09-13-2018, 03:30 PM
I knew they had to be reading something with how often they were jumping the snap. Even so, they were offsides about half the time with no calls.

deltadawg99
09-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Didn’t Auburn say the same thing when they smoked us at home a few years ago? Or maybe we used the same snap count every time

KOdawg1
09-13-2018, 04:04 PM
At the 0:46 mark you can hear D. Williams say, "Aww hell naw." when they get him for a false start

TrapGame
09-13-2018, 04:11 PM
Didn’t Auburn say the same thing when they smoked us at home a few years ago? Or maybe we used the same snap count every time

I remember Dillon Day getting a false start for his head pops. I think Les complained about it while we were kicking his ass that night.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-13-2018, 05:26 PM
We snap the ball based on Fitz’s Hand Clap...you can hear a clap over crowd noise.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2018, 06:53 PM
We snap the ball based on Fitz’s Hand Clap...you can hear a clap over crowd noise.

He claps his hands before and after the center drops his butt to snap. What is consistent is the time from the time he drops his but to the time he snaps it stays the same. I don't know if they picked that up during the game or got it from game film.

HoopsDawg
09-13-2018, 06:56 PM
i haven't studied but i did comment during the game that they were timing their blitzes perfectly. hopefully, it's something JoMo has corrected.