PDA

View Full Version : Need A Good Crowd Saturday

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2018, 01:17 PM
Fellas we have a legit team and there will be big time croots on campus.

We only have 7 home games a year and everyone needs to be there.

Will be very disappointing if the student section is half full due students not going to the game in favor of watching the Ole Miss / Bama game.

This MSU team deserves better than that.

I know everyone will be there for Florida, Auburn, A&M, and Ark but great programs are built by fans that ALWAYS show up.

Rick Danko
09-13-2018, 01:19 PM
Will be there with group of 4, can?t wait

Jack Lambert
09-13-2018, 01:19 PM
I think the crowd will be the same as SFA.

LC Dawg
09-13-2018, 01:33 PM
I think the crowd will be the same as SFA.

I think so too. I was pleasantly surprised with the SFA crowd. I thought it would be smaller.
It looks like it will be in the high 80s in the afternoon which is warmer than I hoped it would be.
The student section will be full until halftime just like all blowout games. Our schedule actually sets up well for student attendance because the away games are staggered so that they can go home enough to want to stay for all games, even the shitty ooc games.

sleepy dawg
09-13-2018, 01:40 PM
My whole group bailed, but I found someone to go with. I'll be there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2018, 01:43 PM

Will be very disappointing if the student section is half full due students not going to the game in favor of watching the Ole Miss / Bama game.

I know everyone will be there for Florida, Auburn, A&M, and Ark but great programs are built by fans that ALWAYS show up.

Did I miss the thread where people were stating they would not be attending the game? This seems pretty straw man to me..

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Did I miss the thread where people were stating they would not be attending the game? This seems pretty straw man to me..

I know our fan base well. Call this preemptive action.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2018, 01:56 PM
I know our fan base well. Call this preemptive action.

fair enough. haha. "Dammit I wont be back until the pass completion percentage is back up!!!"***

DownwardDawg
09-13-2018, 02:35 PM

I don't think students would stay home from our game to watch an ole miss game. Where the hail is that coming from? They may stay home to go to a party or some other reason, but they ain't skipping out on a home game to watch Bam throttle ole miss. Not happening.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2018, 02:45 PM
I don't think students would stay home from our game to watch an ole miss game. Where the hail is that coming from? They may stay home to go to a party or some other reason, but they ain't skipping out on a home game to watch Bam throttle ole miss. Not happening.

good point

msu15
09-13-2018, 03:10 PM
Pops called me and said he wanted to come to this one, first time he's been this fired up about the team in a while

StarkVegasSteve
09-13-2018, 03:16 PM

I imagine there will be a handful of students who skip out on the weekend entirely and go to Oxford. Always thought that was dumb when I was a student, but people were doing it 5 years ago so it's a pretty good bet they're still doing it now

stalkingpoon
09-13-2018, 03:20 PM

Judging by Seat Geek I don't think we should have an issue. There aren't many seats on there.

Cooterpoot
09-13-2018, 03:27 PM
They're retiring Alex Wilcox's jersey, so there's going to be some people there for that. Not really going to be a load high end of recruits there though. Probably 2 or 3 for future classes though.

BuckyIsAB****
09-13-2018, 04:57 PM
I just dont understand why some people get all up in arms about this. Nebraska has supposedly sold out every game for years and they arent any good.

Im not saying that people dont need to go and yes atmosphere is very important. But we arent the only ones who wont have a full house to see a likely beat down and we arent the only ones who will have students leave at half. It happens everywhere.

Our fan base is fine when it comes to attendance

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 05:12 PM
We will be there. I would expect a little less than SFA, but it shouldn't be to much less.

SouthMSDog
09-13-2018, 05:18 PM
I just dont understand why some people get all up in arms about this... But we arent the only ones who wont have a full house to see a likely beat down and we arent the only ones who will have students leave at half. It happens everywhere.

Exactly. It's a missed opportunity for us to stand out if we are just being like the rest.