PDA

View Full Version : BAMA and State....

Token Bammer
09-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Play at nearly the same time Saturday so I know you bunch of Dawgs will be focused on your own game and rightfully so. But I'm sure many of you will be flipping over a time or two to watch some BAMA monkey stomping the gravy out of Ole Miss. It's going to be a dismantling of epic proportions.

I can't wait to beat down Ole Miss. I can't dislike a program more than I dislike Ole Miss. AU is right there, and so is UT, but there's just something about OM and their "we're better than you" and "we aren't nearly the program we think we are" mentality that drives me up the wall. I still can't believe they received nothing but a slap on the wrist with all the crooked nonsense the NCAA knew about. My hope is BAMA will carry out some justice on Saturday night in their own house.

I'm calling our shot for Saturday. Eleventy Billion to 24, Bammers. (Seriously though, I think we'll score in the 50's or maybe the 60's). I'm saying 24 cause they'll be slinging it anywhere and everywhere and the law of averages says they'll hit some. I also expect us to blow them out and put our 2s in the game to get experience and that may allow OM a score or so. I also believe if we were to leave our starters in on offense we could name our point total, but since we won't do that I'll settle for the modest total of 50 or 60 or so. Thoughts?

One last tune up week for State and the real season begins next week. I don't imagine you will have too much trouble with Kentucky, but they're the SEC and a viable opponent.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Play at nearly the same time Saturday so I know you bunch of Dawgs will be focused on your own game and rightfully so. But I'm sure many of you will be flipping over a time or two to watch some BAMA monkey stomping the gravy out of Ole Miss. It's going to be a dismantling of epic proportions.

I can't wait to beat down Ole Miss. I can't dislike a program more than I dislike Ole Miss. AU is right there, and so is UT, but there's just something about OM and their "we're better than you" and "we aren't nearly the program we think we are" mentality that drives me up the wall. I still can't believe they received nothing but a slap on the wrist with all the crooked nonsense the NCAA knew about. My hope is BAMA will carry out some justice on Saturday night in their own house.

I'm calling our shot for Saturday. Eleventy Billion to 24, Bammers. (Seriously though, I think we'll score in the 50's or maybe the 60's). I'm saying 24 cause they'll be slinging it anywhere and everywhere and the law of averages says they'll hit some. I also expect us to blow them out and put our 2s in the game to get experience and that may allow OM a score or so. I also believe if we were to leave our starters in on offense we could name our point total, but since we won't do that I'll settle for the modest total of 50 or 60 or so. Thoughts?

One last tune up week for State and the real season begins next week. I don't imagine you will have too much trouble with Kentucky, but they're the SEC and a viable opponent.

I wouldn't be surprised to see OM jump out early and give the 60,000 delusionals a false hope. Maybe 14-3. Then Alabama turns it on, leads 17-14 at the half. Jumps out to 31-17 after 3. And then the final score being 45-24

sonofozarka
09-13-2018, 11:43 AM

I mean we all hate Ole Miss and yes their defense sucks, but I think they'll score 30 minimum.

They put up 43 two years in a row on better Bama defenses than this, and this offense they have this year may be as good as the two that Chad Kelly led. I think the game may end up more like the 2016 Bama/OM game than you think, which was 48-43

Lord McBuckethead
09-13-2018, 11:47 AM
UM's defense looks terrible, but they will score on Bama. I would take the over. I wouldn't be surprised to see this game around 40+ from both sides.

Tbonewannabe
09-13-2018, 11:52 AM

I hope this is accurate along with UM QB getting depressed and quitting football after the beat down. I will definitely be pulling for Bama, my grandfather was a fan although not a crazy hardcore fan.

TUSK
09-13-2018, 12:00 PM
I wish there were some prop bets on this game... I'm no handicapper, but just for fun, I'll give it a try:

UA Total Points - 53
OM Total Points - 27
UA Rushing - 275
OM Rushing - 85
UA Total Yards - 575
OM Total Yards - 400
Tua Passing Yards 1st Half - 225
Pairs of Red Pumps + Whiskey Bottles chunked on the field bc the refs "helped" Bammer to win (by ~30) - 4

Token Bammer
09-13-2018, 12:14 PM
I mean we all hate Ole Miss and yes their defense sucks, but I think they'll score 30 minimum.

They put up 43 two years in a row on better Bama defenses than this, and this offense they have this year may be as good as the two that Chad Kelly led. I think the game may end up more like the 2016 Bama/OM game than you think, which was 48-43

Fair points on the 43, but that was with Freeze and at least a serviceable defense that made a few plays of their own like a scoop and score off of a sack fumble on Hurts in the 2nd quarter of the 2016 game. In the 2015 game BAMA turned the ball over 6 times including inside their own redzone at least twice to help assist them with the 43.

Remember, people said they'd score a lot last season and they scored 3 points.

It's going to be interesting. BAMA is as athletic and talented as they've ever been in the secondary but they are inexperienced, so it will be a test and will pay dividends down the road whether OM scores a lot or not. I would expect Alabama to blow out OM no matter how much they score. If Texas Tech and SIU did what they did, what will BAMA and Tua do? The QB for SIU threw for 382 and nearly hit on 70% of his passes and put up 41 points. If OM scores 43 on BAMA again, and I'd be personally shocked, but if they do we'll score 77.

The a testiment of how bad I think they are on defense, and how good UA is on offense.

If OM scores 43, it'll have to because they hit big plays/quick strikes. I don't see them putting drives together. I expect BAMA to score at will. If OM scores 43 or in that arena, then a ridiculously high point total is possible.

That's jmo and some food for discussion.

sonofozarka
09-13-2018, 12:18 PM
I wish there were some prop bets on this game... I'm no handicapper, but just for fun, I'll give it a try:

UA Total Points - 53
OM Total Points - 27
UA Rushing - 275
OM Rushing - 85
UA Total Yards - 575
OM Total Yards - 400
Tua Passing Yards 1st Half - 225
Pairs of Red Pumps + Whiskey Bottles chunked on the field bc the refs "helped" Bammer to win (by ~30) - 4

5Dimes usually has team totals the day of the game, but since the O/U is 71 and the spread is 21, I'm guessing the team totals will be around 46 for Bama and 25 for OM.

I say OM goes over their team total, but I think there's a good chance Bama does too.

I'll say something like 52-38 or 48-30, each of which have OM covering

Token Bammer
09-13-2018, 12:18 PM
OM Rushing - 85

That's be a good day on the ground for OM imo.

Dental Dawg33
09-13-2018, 12:24 PM
I’m expecting 60+ to 17-21. Saban probably sacrifices a baby goat after the back to back L’s. This is one game I can guarantee you he takes seriously.

TUSK
09-13-2018, 12:28 PM
That's be a good day on the ground for OM imo.

I'm not convinced I can tackle Scottie 1 on 1 in the open field (he has >50# on me)... I think he stiff arms me and takes it to the house for a long run mid 4th Q to get them to that #.... Then MDL eviscerates me with the lasers from his eyes...

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 12:29 PM
We really don't know how good the UM offense is. They have played a bad FCS team and a bad Big 12 defense. They may be really great, but you can't read much into what they have done so far.

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 12:34 PM
We really don't know how good the UM offense is. They have played a bad FCS team and a bad Big 12 defense. They may be really great, but you can't read much into what they have done so far.

Ta'amu and those WRs are legit. If you can't watch them and identify that by now you really have no clue what you're watching.

LC Dawg
09-13-2018, 12:37 PM
I want to see how the OM offense looks against the first team Bama defense.
Well, I want to hear how they did against them. I don't give enough of a **** to actually watch the game.

TUSK
09-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Ta'amu and those WRs are legit.

Fact.

The final score will be dependent upon how many jump balls/explosive plays OM can produce.... If they don't hit several, that OM D is going to get ground into dust.

Token Bammer
09-13-2018, 12:42 PM
Fact.

The final score will be dependent upon how many jump balls/explosive plays OM can produce.... If they don't hit several, that OM D is going to get ground into dust.

Great minds and whatnot.

BulldogBear
09-13-2018, 12:47 PM
Whether the Sleestaks score lots or score nots, no SEC school on their schedule is going to have any mercy on them after the way the NCAA fumbled.

Congrats Ole Miss. You wanted everybody's A game and now you're gonna get it.

Setting O/U on UMiss SEC losses at 7. Double digit losses at 6. What we saw the first two weeks is sham. They're going to get beat down 6-7 times this year.

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 12:47 PM
Fact.

If OM doesn't score a TD on just about every drive they are going to lose big. Their defense is basically like playing against air for Bama. However the OM offense is one of the best in the entire country as well. It's an interesting matchup for sure. I'll have to watch the replay after our game.

gravedigger
09-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Ta'amu and those WRs are legit. If you can't watch them and identify that by now you really have no clue what you're watching.

And just like our running game is legit, it can be stopped with the right defense. I just dont think OM can run on bama to make a difference and that is EXACTLY what Saban is going to make them do. They will play a nickel defense and force OM to run into their DL and LB. It will have marginal success but with talented safeties playing centerfield, Ta'mu is going to get picked off early and often with over the top coverage. If Ta'amu decides to run, it may help the rebels cause.

OM's wr talent will be negated by Saban's defense.

Tbonewannabe
09-13-2018, 12:55 PM
If OM doesn't score a TD on just about every drive they are going to lose big. Their defense is basically like playing against air for Bama. However the OM offense is one of the best in the entire country as well. It's an interesting matchup for sure. I'll have to watch the replay after our game.

We will find out how good they are this week. Texas Tech is absolute hot garbage on defense and the team last week that they were losing to at halftime is a notch above a Juco. I remember Kevin Fant throwing for a crap ton of yards against Jacksonville St in 2002 thinking our offense wasn't too bad. The problem was we just chunked it deep and their defense couldn't stop it.

Their offense I think is good but we really have no clue how good yet.

msbulldog
09-13-2018, 12:56 PM
My 2 favorite teams are MSU and whoever is playing TSUN, so Roll Tide!

Jack Lambert
09-13-2018, 01:09 PM
I will be at the game but will record the other. I am sure there will be live feed in on the Jumbo Tron.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 01:10 PM

I didn't say they weren't. Again you are making stuff up to argue against. Reading comprehension isn't your thing obviously.

Jack Lambert

I think what he was saying the coverage on WR and pressure on QB is greater.

Percho
Someone remind me how many points they scored last year against Bama.

And Bama's defense is how much worst this year from last year?

And the bear sharks offense is how much better this year than last year and why so?

Gutter Cobreh
09-13-2018, 01:27 PM

UA Total Points - 53 - Over
OM Total Points - 27 - Under
UA Rushing - 275 - Under
OM Rushing - 85 - Under
UA Total Yards - 575 - Under
OM Total Yards - 400 - Under
Tua Passing Yards 1st Half - 225 - OVER
Pairs of Red Pumps + Whiskey Bottles chunked on the field bc the refs "helped" Bammer to win (by ~30) - 4 - OVER

Predictions bolded. I have a feeling Bama will throw until Tua and Hurt's arms are sore. 42-3 at halftime. Gameplan for the 2nd half will be to bleed the clock, but not enough to cover your rushing totals.

Token Bammer
09-13-2018, 01:33 PM

And the bear sharks offense is how much better this year than last year and why so?

I think people are saying BAMA's D isn't as good because people are looking at statistics instead of what is happening on the field. UL and ASU didn't do bad offensively (yardage) if you only look at the box score, but most of that yardage was gained in the second half when the game was out of hand and the 2's and 3's were in the game.

The national media says BAMA's D isn't as good as the year before every season around this time. Then, by the end of the season, BAMA is at or near the top of every defensive category. Under Saban, BAMA is going to have a good defense. That should be a given by now imo.

BAMA's first team D is phenomenal, but aren't as deep with experienced talent as some other years. The talent is there, however.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2018, 01:47 PM
Fair points on the 43, but that was with Freeze and at least a serviceable defense that made a few plays of their own like a scoop and score off of a sack fumble on Hurts in the 2nd quarter of the 2016 game. In the 2015 game BAMA turned the ball over 6 times including inside their own redzone at least twice to help assist them with the 43.

Remember, people said they'd score a lot last season and they scored 3 points.

It's going to be interesting. BAMA is as athletic and talented as they've ever been in the secondary but they are inexperienced, so it will be a test and will pay dividends down the road whether OM scores a lot or not. I would expect Alabama to blow out OM no matter how much they score. If Texas Tech and SIU did what they did, what will BAMA and Tua do? The QB for SIU threw for 382 and nearly hit on 70% of his passes and put up 41 points. If OM scores 43 on BAMA again, and I'd be personally shocked, but if they do we'll score 77.

The a testiment of how bad I think they are on defense, and how good UA is on offense.

If OM scores 43, it'll have to because they hit big plays/quick strikes. I don't see them putting drives together. I expect BAMA to score at will. If OM scores 43 or in that arena, then a ridiculously high point total is possible.

That's jmo and some food for discussion.

But you havent heard? OM was playing soft defense to try and throw Saban off? This is the thinking of some....seriously.

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 01:51 PM

Shae Patterson was their starting QB vs Bama last year. Ta'amu is a lot better than Shae. I didn't want to believe that at first either and thought he was a fraud that would reveal himself eventually but that isn't happening. He's thrown for 2,400 yards 18 tds and 4 picks in only 7 games as the starting QB. That's vs Arkansas, UK, ULL, aTm, MSU, TTech and USI. Saturday will be by far his stiffest test so we are all really about to find out just how good Ta'amu is in two days. Right now it appears he's a top 4 QB in the SEC. Maybe top two. I certainly hope Bama reveals some big weakness on him and shakes his confidence into oblivion. It's just our luck that Ole Miss could somehow fall flat on their faces during a time of what's supposed to be total embarrassment for their program and totally miracle luck into having a much better QB than the 5* Shavior they were all jacking off to for two years over that ups and transfers on them. It's inconceivable luck really. Ta'amu was recruited by almost nobody. He was a total nobody two years ago.

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 02:01 PM

I didn't say they weren't. Again you are making stuff up to argue against. Reading comprehension isn't your thing obviously.

You just said "We really don't know how good the UM offense is." We've seen OM's offense with Ta'amu for 7 games now. That's more than half a season so yes we do know how good the OM offense is. What am I making up and how is reading comprehension not my thing? Would you like a greater sample size than 2,400 yards passing and 18 tds thrown by Ta'amu to determine if you think he's good yet? Considering he's the QB and NFL scouting experts along with CFB experts have determined their WRs are the best group in the country I'd say that it's pretty much a given at this point that everyone knows how good the OM offense is but you.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2018, 02:03 PM

Never underestimate the power of QB pressure an what it does to a QB. We'll see if he can handle the pressure and still deliver. He is good but his true test comes next

sonofozarka
09-13-2018, 02:07 PM
I think people are saying BAMA's D isn't as good because people are looking at statistics instead of what is happening on the field. UL and ASU didn't do bad offensively (yardage) if you only look at the box score, but most of that yardage was gained in the second half when the game was out of hand and the 2's and 3's were in the game.

The national media says BAMA's D isn't as good as the year before every season around this time. Then, by the end of the season, BAMA is at or near the top of every defensive category. Under Saban, BAMA is going to have a good defense. That should be a given by now imo.

BAMA's first team D is phenomenal, but aren't as deep with experienced talent as some other years. The talent is there, however.
I think they're saying it because Bama lost their top 6 DB's, 2 starting ILB's, 2 starting DL's, and lost their best returning starter and only great edge pass rusher to an ACL before the season started (and then lost his backup to an ACL also).

Sure Bama has a talented 1st unit, but when you have so many more 3 and dones than the rest of your peers (when you're still only allowed to sign the same number of guys as everybody else) then it sort of catches up with you a little bit and leaves you without experience/talented depth. Busts and misses like Ben Davis (and maybe Nigel Knott?) exacerbate that issue too.

Saban will field a good D pretty much no matter what, I just think this might be their worst D since 2014. And this OM offense may be really good, that OL is really undervalued, they protect about as well as anyone and even started run blocking well last year which went unnoticed. Longo is going to get some looks and was after last year too.

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Never underestimate the power of QB pressure an what it does to a QB. We'll see if he can handle the pressure and still deliver. He is good but his true test comes next

This is a great point. Forcing Ta'amu out of the pocket especially rolling to his left effectively cuts the passing field down in half and makes any QB not named Aaron Rodgers much less accurate. Sack him a couple of times even better.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2018, 02:27 PM

Bama defense will stop ole miss offense during the game. Not every time but it will. Ole Miss defense is not going to stop Bama's offense.

Coach007
09-13-2018, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see OM jump out early and give the 60,000 delusionals a false hope. Maybe 14-3. Then Alabama turns it on, leads 17-14 at the half. Jumps out to 31-17 after 3. And then the final score being 45-24

I like it!

BuckyIsAB****
09-13-2018, 04:51 PM
45-17 Bama

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 05:23 PM
You just said "We really don't know how good the UM offense is." We've seen OM's offense with Ta'amu for 7 games now. That's more than half a season so yes we do know how good the OM offense is. What am I making up and how is reading comprehension not my thing? Would you like a greater sample size than 2,400 yards passing and 18 tds thrown by Ta'amu to determine if you think he's good yet? Considering he's the QB and NFL scouting experts along with CFB experts have determined their WRs are the best group in the country I'd say that it's pretty much a given at this point that everyone knows how good the OM offense is but you.

We have seen them exactly twice against very bad defenses so far THIS year. You ARE aware that that wide outs and QB are max 6 out of 11 players on offense, Aren't you? Your rarely see more than 5 actually. They may really be very good, but we don't know that for sure yet. Everybody said that last year, till they played Bama. If they light Bama up then you are correct. You could be correct even if they don't light Bama up. Point is you can't call them would beaters because they lit up Texas Tech and SIU. Evey decent FBS offense is going to light Tech up. Every FBS offense with a pulse is going light SIU up. The hilarious thing is they HAD to light SIU up. If they hadn't they would have lost, at home. Bama ain't SIU. I expect them to score, but not even close to enough. All they will have is the deep ball, if the QB can stay upright long enough to throw it. They won't win every dang one of them against Bama.

Pit Bull
09-13-2018, 06:06 PM
Fact.

BAMA doesn't even have to pass.....just hand the ball off to either Harris. Tua can just sit back and watch them each gain over 200 yds.

RocketDawg
09-13-2018, 07:55 PM
I will be at the game but will record the other. I am sure there will be live feed in on the Jumbo Tron.

It'll be sporadic at best. I think they change the video boards to field coverage an hour before game time, which would be 5:30. The Bama/Bears game starts at 6. Might be limited to "look in" coverage every once in a while.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 08:09 PM
They didn't even do that for the opener.

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 08:10 PM
We have seen them exactly twice against very bad defenses so far THIS year. You ARE aware that that wide outs and QB are max 6 out of 11 players on offense, Aren't you? Your rarely see more than 5 actually. They may really be very good, but we don't know that for sure yet. Everybody said that last year, till they played Bama. If they light Bama up then you are correct. You could be correct even if they don't light Bama up. Point is you can't call them would beaters because they lit up Texas Tech and SIU. Evey decent FBS offense is going to light Tech up. Every FBS offense with a pulse is going light SIU up. The hilarious thing is they HAD to light SIU up. If they hadn't they would have lost, at home. Bama ain't SIU. I expect them to score, but not even close to enough. All they will have is the deep ball, if the QB can stay upright long enough to throw it. They won't win every dang one of them against Bama.

If last year didn't matter no coaches would ever look at the game tape. Do you think any coaches are watching last year's game tapes on their opponents? This isn't the March Madness selection committee.

mparkerfd20
09-13-2018, 08:15 PM
I hate Ole Miss with a passion, but I hope they beat the shit out of Bama. 17 Bama!

TUSK
09-13-2018, 08:37 PM
If last year didn't matter no coaches would ever look at the game tape. Do you think any coaches are watching last year's game tapes on their opponents? This isn't the March Madness selection committee.

What’s your “give or take” betting line on Bammer @ OM?

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 08:44 PM

Lol, you DO know what Bama did to the Confederates last year don't you? You are hilarious!

TUSK
09-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Lol, you DO know what Bama did to the Confederates last year don't you? You are hilarious!

Shhhhhhhhhh.

DownwardDawg
09-13-2018, 09:55 PM
I hate Ole Miss with a passion, but I hope they beat the shit out of Bama. 17 Bama!

Dude, then you DON’T hate them with enough passion!!

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 10:26 PM

Shae Patterson is Michigan's QB

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 10:28 PM
What’s your “give or take” betting line on Bammer @ OM?

Bama -17

mparkerfd20
09-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Dude, then you DON’T hate them with enough passion!!

I don't hate them more than I love State. And any loss Bama has helps us, so I can make an exception.

TUSK
09-13-2018, 10:58 PM
Bama -17

I’ll take Bammer -17.

What are your terms?

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 11:03 PM
Shae Patterson is Michigan's QB

And he started ahead of the current guy. I guess you are like most MSU people, the backups, esp QBs, are always better than the starters.

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 11:08 PM
And he started ahead of the current guy. I guess you are like most MSU people, the backups, esp QBs, are always better than the starters.

Nope but in this case Ta'amu is definitely better than Patterson. You disagree?

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 11:23 PM
Nope but in this case Ta'amu is definitely better than Patterson. You disagree?

I don't know. Evidently Michigan, and every other school thought otherwise. Ta'amu could have got the same deal Patterson did, anywhere. Freeze and Luke thought Shea was better, that goes without saying.. You obviously pay WAY to much attention to what Ole Miss fans are saying, lately.

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 11:28 PM
I don't know. Evidently Michigan, and every other school thought otherwise. Ta'amu could have got the same deal Patterson did, anywhere. Freeze and Luke thought Shea was better, that goes without saying.. You obviously pay WAY to much attention to what Ole Miss fans are saying, lately.

Lol nope haven't talked to an OM fan in 6 months or looked at an OM board in years. Can't say that yourself can you. If you think Shae is better than Ta'amu you have no clue what you're watching when you watch football. Which isn't surprising.

TUSK
09-13-2018, 11:33 PM
Bama -17

I’ll take Bammer -17.

What are your terms?

Bump (for potential bet options):

1) Donate to ED Bet
2) Post Bet
3) Ban Bet
4) Sig Bet
5) VCash Bet
6) Mom Bet (Provided your mom both: A) gives you permission and B) is above the age of consent)

Your Call, Daddio.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 11:41 PM
Lol nope haven't talked to an OM fan in 6 months or looked at an OM board in years. Can't say that yourself can you. If you think Shae is better than Ta'amu you have no clue what you're watching when you watch football. Which isn't surprising.

Well, his coaches, and every other coach of the other Power Five schools disagreed with you. Don't even try to say a JC guy from Pearl City is a true Confederate. That dawg won't hunt. Heck if he was THAT good, he would be at Bama now.

TUSK
09-13-2018, 11:44 PM
Well, his coaches, and every other coach of the other Power Five schools disagreed with you. Don't even try to say a JC guy from Pearl City is a true Confederate. That dawg won't hunt. Heck if he was THAT good, he would be at Bama now.

Dude, get away from my trotline... Do you have any idea how tough it is to set a line in the dark, hammered drunk????

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 11:48 PM
I’ll take Bammer -17.

What are your terms?

Bump (for potential bet options):

1) Donate to ED Bet
2) Post Bet
3) Ban Bet
4) Sig Bet
5) VCash Bet
6) Mom Bet (Provided your mom both: A) gives you permission and B) is above the age of consent)

Your Call, Daddio.

Here's my terms. You can't talk about Alabama football at all including Saban on this website for one full year till OM/Bama play each other again if you lose. You can keep your pic though. I can't talk about Trump for one full year on this mainboard at all if I lose. Push is a push and neither side wins or losses.

Take it or leave it. I got OM +17

Dawg61
09-13-2018, 11:50 PM

Renardo Sidney was once the #1 rated HS basketball player in the country. Dontae Walker was once the #1 rated HS RB in the country. JaMarcus Russell once got drafted #1 overall. I can do this all day chief.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 11:52 PM
Dude, get away from my trotline... Do you have any idea how tough it is to set a line in the dark, hammered drunk????

Lol, I'll back off, reel him in!

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2018, 11:56 PM
Renardo Sidney was once the #1 rated HS basketball player in the country. Dontae Walker was once the #1 rated HS RB in the country. JaMarcus Russell once got drafted #1 overall. I can do this all day chief.

Yeah, but D1 coaches actually have film, IN COLLEGE, of this guy. Anybody that wanted him could have got him, with no down year. A supposed MSU guy arguing FOR a UM QB, you go dude. ��

TUSK
09-13-2018, 11:57 PM
Here's my terms. You can't talk about Alabama football at all including Saban on this website for one full year till OM/Bama play each other again if you lose. Push is a push and neither side wins or losses.

Take it or leave it. I got OM +17

agreed on if you win...

If I win, I will send ED website $50 donation and you have to make 1 daily TUSK pre-authorized post about Bammer for 1 work week (mon thru fri) the week leading up to the Bammer MSU game... if your posts through wednesday impress me, I'll give ya Friday off.

Todd4State
09-14-2018, 01:01 AM
Here's some interesting food for thought.

MSU offense only against Stephen F Austin- 63 points.
Ole Miss offense only against SIU- 63 points.

MSU offense only against K-State- 31 points.
Ole Miss offense only against Texas Tech- 40 points.

Our fans probably need to start giving our offense some love. We're only 9 points away from Ole Miss's great offense. And we likely jump them this weekend.

Dawg61
09-14-2018, 01:32 AM
I certainly hope Bama reveals some big weakness on him and shakes his confidence into oblivion.

Yeah, but D1 coaches actually have film, IN COLLEGE, of this guy. Anybody that wanted him could have got him, with no down year. A supposed MSU guy arguing FOR a UM QB, you go dude. ��

Nice try homie

Token Bammer
09-14-2018, 02:18 AM
I think they're saying it because Bama lost their top 6 DB's, 2 starting ILB's, 2 starting DL's, and lost their best returning starter and only great edge pass rusher to an ACL before the season started (and then lost his backup to an ACL also).

Sure Bama has a talented 1st unit, but when you have so many more 3 and dones than the rest of your peers (when you're still only allowed to sign the same number of guys as everybody else) then it sort of catches up with you a little bit and leaves you without experience/talented depth. Busts and misses like Ben Davis (and maybe Nigel Knott?) exacerbate that issue too.

Saban will field a good D pretty much no matter what, I just think this might be their worst D since 2014. And this OM offense may be really good, that OL is really undervalued, they protect about as well as anyone and even started run blocking well last year which went unnoticed. Longo is going to get some looks and was after last year too.

Like my post said, it happens every year. BAMA loses a ton of talent to the draft every year, and every year people say we aren't as good as last year or whatever. I think you are undervaluing our defense. The worst defense Saban has had at Alabama (outside of 2007, his first year) was 2010, and that was still a very good defense.

We didn't lose our "only" edge rusher. Lewis would have been in the rotation, but he may not have started on this team. He wouldn't have started at Jack over Jennings, and doubtful he starts over Miller (senior leader) at Sam.

Who's this 2nd OLB you are saying we lost? Only one I know of is Lewis. I'm getting old though, I may have just forgotten.

The 2014 BAMA defense was a good defense. Good enough to win a championship, but we just got beat.
2015, 2016, 2017, were all special, no doubt. This defense will prove it's worth one way or the other. We'll see. I've been wrong before.

dawgday166
09-14-2018, 06:07 AM
Like my post said, it happens every year. BAMA loses a ton of talent to the draft every year, and every year people say we aren't as good as last year or whatever. I think you are undervaluing our defense. The worst defense Saban has had at Alabama (outside of 2007, his first year) was 2010, and that was still a very good defense.

We didn't lose our "only" edge rusher. Lewis would have been in the rotation, but he may not have started on this team. He wouldn't have started at Jack over Jennings, and doubtful he starts over Miller (senior leader) at Sam.

Who's this 2nd OLB you are saying we lost? Only one I know of is Lewis. I'm getting old though, I may have just forgotten.

The 2014 BAMA defense was a good defense. Good enough to win a championship, but we just got beat.
2015, 2016, 2017, were all special, no doubt. This defense will prove it's worth one way or the other. We'll see. I've been wrong before.

You Bammers are so sensitive SMH. If refs would call PI/Defensive holding (especially this one), targeting, and facemasks against Bama they wouldn't be half as good. Not sure why y'all so sensitive ... just bask in the glory of faux nattys *

HoopsCoach21
09-14-2018, 08:25 AM
I don't hate them more than I love State. And any loss Bama has helps us, so I can make an exception.

Not to hijack the thread, but I couldn't get past this and don't follow this logic. You think OM beating the #1 team in the country is better for state than Alabama doing what they are supposed to do which is beating inferior teams?

As long as Saban is there we aren't catching or even getting close to the level of Alabama. What we can try to do is get firmly ahead of teams on a similar tier as us such as OM and inch closer to the upper tier. Them beating Bama does very little if anything to hurt Bama's prestige as evidenced by OM's 2 game win streak over them that didn't slow Bama in the slightest. OM winning though does give their coaching staff and program more national relevance and validity.

To me it's a no brainer who every state fan should want to win this game and it sure as hell isn't ole miss. Now after Saturday I can get behind the Alabama hate 110%.

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2018, 08:31 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but I couldn't get past this and don't follow this logic. You think OM beating the #1 team in the country is better for state than Alabama doing what they are supposed to do which is beating inferior teams?

As long as Saban is there we aren't catching or even getting close to the level of Alabama. What we can try to do is get firmly ahead of teams on a similar tier as us such as OM and inch closer to the upper tier. Them beating Bama does very little if anything to hurt Bama's prestige as evidenced by OM's 2 game win streak over them that didn't slow Bama in the slightest. OM winning though does give their coaching staff and program more national relevance and validity.

To me it's a no brainer who every state fan should want to win this game and it sure as hell isn't ole miss. Now after Saturday I can get behind the Alabama hate 110%.

Yep

LC Dawg
09-14-2018, 09:55 AM

I agree with all of this and especially the part I bolded.
There will be a lot of recruits at this game. They aren't there for the game as much as they are there for other things that I won't mention but Ole Miss winning (won't happen) or keeping it close because they score a lot of points (could happen) helps Ole Miss recruiting. Ole Miss being blown out like last year and the stadium emptying before halftime may make a few recruits rethink things.

Dawg61
09-14-2018, 11:38 AM

OM beating Bama gives us a better chance to win the West. We want to go to Atlanta this year not worry about program prestige of other schools.

mparkerfd20
09-14-2018, 12:37 PM
OM beating Bama gives us a better chance to win the West. We want to go to Atlanta this year not worry about program prestige of other schools.

Shit.. I actually agree with this idiot for once. Maybe I need to rethink my position.

PMDawg
09-14-2018, 12:43 PM

This should be evident at this point. I'm surprised there are people who disagree.

HoopsCoach21
09-14-2018, 12:59 PM

If it helps us get to Atlanta then absolutely. But the bolded part is where we disagree. I think the prestige that Ole Miss has absolutely affects the future of our program. The people that say we shouldn't worry about them are the same ones that will bitch when they beat us out for a recruit. I want us to be the only viable option for recruits that want to compete for championships in state.

Probably a moot point because I don't think this Ole Miss team can even keep it close. I just won't find myself pulling for the Rebels based on the infinitesimal chance that Alabama loses twice in the SEC with this team (something they haven't done since 2010). I'll just root for us to beat them ourselves and hopefully if we can we then are in a position to get to Atlanta.

Pull for LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M to maybe knock them off? Absolutely. Ole Miss? No

Dawg61
09-14-2018, 01:07 PM
If it helps us get to Atlanta then absolutely. But the bolded part is where we disagree. I think the prestige that Ole Miss has absolutely affects the future of our program. The people that say we shouldn't worry about them are the same ones that will bitch when they beat us out for a recruit. I want us to be the only viable option for recruits that want to compete for championships in state.

Probably a moot point because I don't think this Ole Miss team can even keep it close. I just won't find myself pulling for the Rebels based on the infinitesimal chance that Alabama loses twice in the SEC with this team (something they haven't done since 2010). I'll just root for us to beat them ourselves and hopefully if we can we then are in a position to get to Atlanta.

Pull for LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M to maybe knock them off? Absolutely. Ole Miss? No

Can't control things like "program prestige" for other schools. You can only control what you do on the field vs them. Root for anyone to beat Bama because it gives us a 1 game buffer to still be able to win the West. We always have to beat Bama to get there but when they have an additional loss to someone else it means we can afford to not have to go 12-0 to get there. In simpler terms in makes our path to Atlanta slightly easier.

Token Bammer
09-14-2018, 01:17 PM
You Bammers are so sensitive SMH. If refs would call PI/Defensive holding (especially this one), targeting, and facemasks against Bama they wouldn't be half as good. Not sure why y'all so sensitive ... just bask in the glory of faux nattys *

My post wasn't sensitive. Bringing up the facts of the series over the last few years and the quality of defense played by BAMA isn't being sensitive in any way. It's for point of view and discussion.

You are right about one thing though, Bama wins because we have the refs paid off. REC doin work.

HoopsCoach21
09-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Can't control things like "program prestige" for other schools. You can only control what you do on the field vs them. Root for anyone to beat Bama because it gives us a 1 game buffer to still be able to win the West. We always have to beat Bama to get there but when they have an additional loss to someone else it means we can afford to not have to go 12-0 to get there. In simpler terms in makes our path to Atlanta slightly easier.

I agree with most of this. And of course we as fans have no control over any of it but if asked what I WANT to happen this weekend...it would be an Ole Miss L (which we will most likely get). Then I think we can agree we need to pull for anyone to beat Bama and help improve our odds of making Atlanta.

TUSK
09-14-2018, 09:00 PM
agreed on if you win...

If I win, I will send ED website $50 donation and you have to make 1 daily TUSK pre-authorized post about Bammer for 1 work week (mon thru fri) the week leading up to the Bammer MSU game... if your posts through wednesday impress me, I'll give ya Friday off.

61, we good?

Dawg61
09-14-2018, 10:04 PM
61, we good?

Nah bruh I ain't throwing up some pro-Bama bullshit posts ever. I think the line should be +/- 17. That don't mean I'm stupid and am gonna take a line lower than what Vegas has.

TUSK
09-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Nah bruh I ain't throwing up some pro-Bama bullshit posts ever. I think the line should be +/- 17. That don't mean I'm stupid and am gonna take a line lower than what Vegas has.

So, you offer up your line, put nothing up to lose, then back out when you hear my terms... solid.

http://www.crawfish.org/images/img4.jpg

Goldendawg
09-14-2018, 11:04 PM
I'm 63 years old and went to my 1st STATE game in 1963. My favorite two teams then and now continue to be State and whoever is playing UNM. This will never change. Hail State Forever and Hail bama tomorrow!

TTrams
09-14-2018, 11:36 PM
What is all this love for Ole Miss' offense? Last year the score was 66 - 3. Let's make it 66 - 10 this year to account for the home field advantage.

Dawg61
09-15-2018, 05:17 AM
Hey man I offered a way for this board to improve in both scenarios. I'll go a little lighter on you since the line is a little light. No Bama football posts from you till January 1st either team covers.

TUSK
09-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Hey man I offered a way for this board to improve in both scenarios. I'll go a little lighter on you since the line is a little light. No Bama football posts from you till January 1st either team covers.

You offered: "I [Dawg61] can't talk about Trump for one full year on this mainboard at all if I lose."

1) You are banned from politics, so that's an offer of effectively 'zero'.
2) I'm pleased that your admission of NOT talking (politics) would "improve the board"... this is correct.

I'm throwin' you back...
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/fisherman-releases-fish-pond-water-pike-hands-athlete-who-caught-spinning-fly-fishing-large-living-roar-caught-68516853.jpg

Dawg61
09-15-2018, 09:04 AM
I already threw you back 3 times now chief.

TUSK
09-15-2018, 09:18 AM
I already threw you back 3 times now chief.

eh kay:rolleyes:.

Let me know if you come up with a legit offer... Late.