PDA

View Full Version : List of players that saw the field vs KSU

Dawg61
09-12-2018, 10:23 AM
https://res-2.cloudinary.com/rivals/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/oovs2i6iyhtehiiecmsx

https://res-3.cloudinary.com/rivals/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/so7fyot8i1sg9u0vhmil

Courtesy of Rivals

https://twitter.com/MSUBulldogBlitz/status/1038861415950503936

1bigdawg
09-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Good info. Thanks.

confucius say
09-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Great info. Post weekly please.

Not redshirting Spencer, barring injury, is crazy. Waste of his talent for a year

1bigdawg
09-12-2018, 01:37 PM

Not redshirting Spencer, barring injury, is crazy. Waste of his talent for a year

Agree on Spencer. He is a great player that is not getting many reps. It would be nice to have him in 2020.

drunkernhelldawg
09-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Thank you!

Was hoping for a list of other players too, but this is awesome.

msu15
09-12-2018, 01:51 PM

Just another in a long line of true freshman that should've redshirted but for whatever reason Mullen and Co. wasted a year.

confucius say
09-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Just another in a long line of true freshman that should've redshirted but for whatever reason Mullen and Co. wasted a year.

Redshirt him now, this season. He can play his four games and redshirt

Dawgology
09-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Redshirt him now, this season. He can play his four games and redshirt

Does that rule work on students who were already enrolled and have played in previous seasons or just new enrollees?

LC Dawg
09-12-2018, 03:19 PM
I think it's already been stated on here that Spencer doesn't, or probably wouldn't, want to redshirt.

1bigdawg
09-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Does that rule work on students who were already enrolled and have played in previous seasons or just new enrollees?

It is for anyone who has not redshirted.

Big4Dawg
09-12-2018, 03:54 PM
He needs all the reps he can get. Considerating after this year, we lose Sweat, Simmons, Hoyett, Green, Tre Brown, Corey Thomas. Thats 6 of top 8.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Spencer is NFL potential .. he is really young and would greatly benefit from a redshirt.....

Homedawg
09-12-2018, 05:09 PM

What?? Everyone on here bitches cause dan DIDN'T play fr. He rarely ever wasted a fr. Heck, by redshirting people we are where we are. You point is just bad off base.

confucius say
09-12-2018, 05:43 PM
He needs all the reps he can get. Considerating after this year, we lose Sweat, Simmons, Hoyett, Green, Tre Brown, Corey Thomas. Thats 6 of top 8.

He's a DE, not a QB. The 10 plays a game he would play this year won't mean jack for his development. He needs to redshirt. It's better for him and for us, contrary to what IYOK tried to convince me of last month when he and I debated this.

HoopsDawg
09-12-2018, 05:59 PM
i didn't realize Mixon played 24 snaps at slot. I'm glad to see that. Hopefully he will continue to get more snaps and make some plays.

confucius say
09-12-2018, 06:08 PM
i didn't realize Mixon played 24 snaps at slot. I'm glad to see that. Hopefully he will continue to get more snaps and make some plays.

I wonder if that was due to Austin Williams's two drops

HoopsDawg
09-12-2018, 06:29 PM
I wonder if that was due to Austin Williams's two drops

Possibly. Looks like not much separation among Williams, Dedrick Thomas, and Mixon. Pretty much even reps.

tireddawg
09-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Finally you post something worth a damn**
Seriously great info, appreciate you posting

msu15
09-13-2018, 08:32 AM
What?? Everyone on here bitches cause dan DIDN'T play fr. He rarely ever wasted a fr. Heck, by redshirting people we are where we are. You point is just bad off base.

You couldn't be more wrong. Cameron Lawrence, Michael Carr, Chris Hughes, Corvell Harrison, Dee Arrington, PJ Jones, Preston Smith, Ryan Brown, Nick James(though he got it the next year), Ashton Shumpert, Tolando Cleveland, Jamoral Graham, J.T. Gray, and Marquiss had absolutely no impact on the scoreboard in their freshman years. Get some facts before you start spouting off

Ifyouonlyknew
09-13-2018, 08:48 AM
Spencer is NFL potential .. he is really young and would greatly benefit from a redshirt.....

He's not young at all. People think that because he moved up a year in HS but it was because he would've been too old to play his Sr year.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-13-2018, 08:51 AM
He's a DE, not a QB. The 10 plays a game he would play this year won't mean jack for his development. He needs to redshirt. It's better for him and for us, contrary to what IYOK tried to convince me of last month when he and I debated this.

I still don't see the need for him to RS. We'll have Kobe Jones, Aaron Odom, Devin Robinson, King Ani, Charles Moore, De'Monte Russell, & whoever else we'll sign in the 2020 class ready for the 2021 season.

Homedawg
09-13-2018, 09:13 AM
You couldn't be more wrong. Cameron Lawrence, Michael Carr, Chris Hughes, Corvell Harrison, Dee Arrington, PJ Jones, Preston Smith, Ryan Brown, Nick James(though he got it the next year), Ashton Shumpert, Tolando Cleveland, Jamoral Graham, J.T. Gray, and Marquiss had absolutely no impact on the scoreboard in their freshman years. Get some facts before you start spouting off

You named those guys over 9 years. Wow. Congrats. The facts say we redshirted the majority of every class. If you hate Mullen and want to bitch about him, great. But not redshirting people isn't one of them. Thanks for playing.

Saltydog
09-13-2018, 11:00 AM
Aeris but this should also tell people how much depth we have as well. It's just not on the defensive side of the ball, as most think. We have good players and depth on both sides of the ball.