PDA

View Full Version : Little Bulldogs on the helmets

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 05:26 PM
This is so 17ing dope. Finally we are going to have some sick ass helmets assuming these accumulate all year long. What color are the bullies on the maroon helmets? Silver would probably look best.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/reflector-online.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/13/d13747a0-b547-11e8-b7bb-c3217bd1f16b/5b96ee945ff4b.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C861

Head coach Joe Moorhead started a tradition at Fordham University and kept it with him when he took over the Mississippi State University?s football team.

If you watched the game on Saturday, you may have noticed the players had little bulldog stickers on the back of their helmets. Moorhead said the bulldog can represent a handful of things.

"There is a defined set of criteria for offense, defense, and special teams," Moorhead said. "From a simplistic standpoint, you have one for a home win and two for a road win. Then there are ones for numerical or statistical benchmarks."

Those stats and other qualifications are tracked by the coaches. The process is very complex, so Moorhead could only explain it a little bit.

"Our coaches all have the sheet when they grade the film, they go through and hand it to our director of football operations," Moorhead said. "He then hands it to the equipment guy. It would take a while to go through all of the ways to get one."

Moorhead previously coached at Fordham and Penn State before coming to MSU, and while the practice of using helmet stickers to reward players for performance is not new, it is a new idea at MSU.

"I did it at Fordham, I did it there before I came here," Moorhead said. "I did it just to create some sort of tradition and get the kids excited about their performance."

The stickers add motivation for MSU remaining undefeated.

"They only get them in wins as well, you cannot get them in a loss," Moorhead said.

Look for the new stickers on MSU's helmets when they take the field at 6 p.m. Saturday against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

http://www.reflector-online.com/sports/article_6b9a366a-b541-11e8-b16f-971190f1b161.html

BeardoMSU
09-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Love it. The only thing I'd like better on the whites are maroon facemasks, but that's just picking nits.

BrunswickDawg
09-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Love it - but they might need to do something smaller like a bone. Sweat will not have any more room on his helmet by game 6

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Love it - but they might need to do something smaller like a bone. Sweat will not have any more room on his helmet by game 6

I love doing it as well, although I also prefer the bone.

It'll look really good as the helmet fills up

BHildreth3
09-11-2018, 05:52 PM
We did bones back in 93 or 94 i think, but why not a cowbell standing up? that would be skinnier and would look better i think.

Homedawg
09-11-2018, 05:55 PM
I agree bulldog is too big. Gonna fill up quick for some.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2018, 05:58 PM
I agree bulldog is too big. Gonna fill up quick for some.

Na...when their helmets fill up, they get a deck of killer-bulldog themed playing cards. Every time they make a play, they'll just throw a card on the corpse of the opponent. Just gotta do it in a way where the ref doesn't flag for taunting.**

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 05:59 PM
I doubt it fills up as fast as y'all think. That's Key's helmet coming after a game he tied several all-time records in. He has 9 stickers so let's basically say that's pretty close to the most ever a player will get for one game.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2018, 05:59 PM
I like y'alls idea for either bones and cowbells, too....but this is still a good look, and definitely something fresh.

RocketDawg
09-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Wonder how Kaeton got so many. I think they each get 2 for an "away" win, so he apparently got 7 in his first game. Pretty sure Sweat already had 6 in the game Saturday.

They really are going to fill up in hurry.

msbulldog
09-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Please, let us have a bunch of helmets fill slap up!!!

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 06:10 PM
Wonder how Kaeton got so many. I think they each get 2 for an "away" win, so he apparently got 7 in his first game. Pretty sure Sweat already had 6 in the game Saturday.

They really are going to fill up in hurry.

The pic is during warmups of the KSU game so Key got 9 stickers after the 1st game which was a home win. He tied the all-time record with 5 passing tds and 7 total tds. He also had the 4th highest total yards in a game.

I like the Bulldog over bone stickers. Bone stickers have been done before.

RocketDawg
09-11-2018, 06:16 PM
The pic is during warmups of the KSU game so Key got 9 stickers after the 1st game which was a home win. He tied the all-time record with 5 passing tds and 7 total tds. He also had the 4th highest total yards in a game.

I like the Bulldog over bone stickers. Bone stickers have been done before.

I like 'em too but they may be too big. Pretty soon the while helmets will look maroon and the maroon helmets will look white or silver or whatever cover they are on maroon.

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 06:25 PM
I like 'em too but they may be too big. Pretty soon the while helmets will look maroon and the maroon helmets will look white or silver or whatever cover they are on maroon.

I think you're overthinking it. The Ohio State helmets look better once filled up and their stickers are basically the same size as the bulldog. Ohio State has some really awesome helmets. Also they do different colored stickers sometimes so if you're worried about our white helmet becoming maroon and our maroon helmet becoming silver I think it's a non-issue and will only make the helmets stand out more.

https://www.thecannabist.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ohio-state-helmet.jpg

https://thespun.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/GettyImages-460393225-775x465.jpg

RocketDawg
09-11-2018, 06:30 PM
I think you're overthinking it. The Ohio State helmets look better once filled up and their stickers are basically the same size as the bulldog. Ohio State has some really awesome helmets. Also they do different colored stickers sometimes so if you're worried about our white helmet becoming maroon and our maroon helmet becoming silver I think it's a non-issue and will only make the helmets stand out more.

https://www.thecannabist.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ohio-state-helmet.jpg

https://thespun.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/GettyImages-460393225-775x465.jpg

Those buckeyes look a whole lot like marijuana leaves ....

BeardoMSU
09-11-2018, 06:34 PM

Who do you want to stone, Pharisee?**

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTfxKh2DSvWY8/giphy.gif

RocketDawg
09-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Who do you want to stone, Pharisee?**

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTfxKh2DSvWY8/giphy.gif

If 4 or 5 guys can lift a stone like that over their heads and toss it, how the pyramids were built is no longer a mystery.

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 06:45 PM

The buckeye leaves do look like marijuana leaves. The cocaine stickers didn't really stand out.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2018, 07:26 PM
The best thing about how they are doing this is nobody gets one if we lose.

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 07:49 PM
The best thing about how they are doing this is nobody gets one if we lose.

Not sure that's correct. Everyone gets one for a home win and two for an away win but that doesn't mean you don't get your individual ones after losses. At least that's how I interpret it. Let's hope we never find out the answer.

TheRef
09-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Not sure that's correct. Everyone gets one for a home win and two for an away win but that doesn't mean you don't get your individual ones after losses. At least that's how I interpret it. Let's hope we never find out the answer.

No he said that there will be no stickers given out after a loss, regardless of personal performance.

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 07:56 PM
No he said that there will be no stickers given out after a loss, regardless of personal performance.

Lol it's in the article I linked. I'm dumb. Thanks for correcting me.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2018, 07:56 PM

Nope, nobody gets anything in a loss, not even an individual one. That is explicitly stated.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2018, 07:59 PM
HI believe he also said that everyone gets one for a home win and two for a road win. Also if it's a lose no stickers are given out at all.

Fader21
09-11-2018, 08:42 PM
I wonder if they get some for off season or practice stuff like having one being in the 1000lbs club (bench, squat, and deadlift) type thing. Which I know college would have to be more weight than 1000lbs

Homedawg
09-11-2018, 09:09 PM

Nobody gets anything after a loss.sorry. Obviously that horse is dead.