PDA

View Full Version : Abrams

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 04:13 PM
I stole this from the other site, but I just can't stop watching it.

I keep wondering what was going on in his head before delivering this hit:

Was he ready to go home?
Was he trying to put a big hit on film for the NFL?
Is he insane?

Then I wonder what Bill Snyder's reaction to this play was when he watched the film. Did he say, "Where do I find 17ers like that?"; silently shakes head, "We aren't playing SEC schools anymore", etc

I love his style of play. I just hope he's able to control this aggression in big games & doesn't get ejected.

https://gfycat.com/GraciousWigglyAmurminnow

Commercecomet24
09-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Personally I would rather players be over aggressive than passive. We've seen to much of the passive stuff in the past. Im sure Joes gonna help him learn to harness that aggression a little.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2018, 04:23 PM
I love the way Abram plays!

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 04:23 PM
Personally I would rather players be over aggressive than passive. We've seen to much of the passive stuff in the past. Im sure Joes gonna help him learn to harness that aggression a little.

100% agree. No doubt about it.

I love Abram. I just can't stop watching this video

MetEdDawg
09-11-2018, 04:49 PM

Every good coach is ok with aggressive mistakes. Not emotional mistakes but aggressive to the ball mistakes. Again, it's the big risk big reward mentality that Moorhead is instilling. We will lose guys for those kinds of mistakes. But we will also create opportunities that would never be created otherwise.

War Machine Dawg
09-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Careful, it's Abram, no S. Louisvilledawg will be here shortly to chastise you and suggest you proofread.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Careful, it's Abram, no S. Louisvilledawg will be here shortly to chastise you and suggest you proofread.

I actually tried to change it already, but it wouldn't let me. I did the "Go Advanced" & everything

RocketDawg
09-11-2018, 05:10 PM
I actually tried to change it already, but it wouldn't let me. I did the "Go Advanced" & everything

You should proofread and get it right the first time. **

Looks like somebody fixed it for you. Or maybe the "go advanced" worked and you couldn't tell it.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 05:12 PM
Or maybe the "go advanced" worked and you couldn't tell it.

You know..... you may be right

DanDority
09-11-2018, 05:14 PM
I LOVED the HIT, it's Football the way I learned to play and was taught, I do realize it's against the rules now to be a missile. I'm waiting on a lawsuit against ESPN for promoting those kinds of hits back when these kids were growing up, with segments called, "Jacked Up!" I'd laugh my ass off if that were to happen.

Dolphus Raymond
09-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Great hit other than leading with his head. Twenty years ago he would have been praised for the hit but no longer. Times (thankfully) have changed.

Homedawg
09-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Great hit other than leading with his head. Twenty years ago he would have been praised for the hit but no longer. Times (thankfully) have changed.

Agree. The guy ducked his head. That's tough. But, JA led w the crown, so therefore it's easy. Just watch what you tackle and you are good.

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Somewhere Ronnie Lott smiled.

msbulldog
09-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Reminded me of the late Stan Black! RIP!

Tbonewannabe
09-11-2018, 06:34 PM

They showed Joe talking to him on the sideline. It looked like Abram was apologizing. It looked like Joe was going more "positive moment for improvement" than chewing on him. He gave him a hug and sent him to the locker room. I bet the players think Joe Mo is a breath of fresh air compared to Don Merkin.

NorCalDawg
09-11-2018, 06:34 PM
It?s so much better with sound, though. I think everyone in the stadium said, ?Ohhhhh.?

Commercecomet24
09-11-2018, 07:36 PM
They showed Joe talking to him on the sideline. It looked like Abram was apologizing. It looked like Joe was going more "positive moment for improvement" than chewing on him. He gave him a hug and sent him to the locker room. I bet the players think Joe Mo is a breath of fresh air compared to Don Merkin.

I noticed that and thought what a huge difference than what we've seen in the past. It's like the program has done a 180. We are more agressive on the field and less demeaning to the players. I love what I'm seeing from players and coaching staff.

Lord McBuckethead
09-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Everyone else looked like they were walking in that video. Dang that guy was a missile.

DownwardDawg
09-11-2018, 08:13 PM
I love coach giving him a hug. We’ve got ourselves a special coach this time.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Leading with your head is a bad idea, and was when we knew nothing about concussions. It's how you break your neck.

Cowbell
09-11-2018, 11:56 PM
I just now realized that Abrams was the guy that caused us to end the spring game early a couple years ago with a nasty hit.

louisvilledawg
09-12-2018, 06:45 AM

I was on my way! It me, the last name police.