PDA

View Full Version : It's still amazing to me some peoples opinions on this football team

calidawg
09-11-2018, 11:15 AM
and the fact that people simply cannot comprehend that this is hands down, top to bottom, coaches and players the most talented MSU football team in the history of the program. There are people still making excuses that KSU wasn't a good "test" and that this team could still potentially be an 8-9 win team. Same poor ol miss state attitude. This team is 10 wins MINIMUM.

I actually feel bad for people who can't wake up to realize this and enjoy and bathe in every second of it. Teams put together like ours has (from coaching to talent) simply do not come along often.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Completely agree. I think there is a fine line between being cocky & confident, but this team is super good & super good at the right spots for consistency.

While not quite as explosive on the outside, with Kylin at RB, we have a typical Alabama type team for the most part. When you are that good in the trenches & at RB while also having a QB that is a dynamic runner, it's really hard to lose to non-elite teams unless you turn the ball over 5+ times.

I agree that it's tough for MSU fans to comprehend, but it's real. This is a real football team that is well above average at every position on the field, except WR, & that position may end up being above average in time.

smootness
09-11-2018, 11:37 AM
and the fact that people simply cannot comprehend that this is hands down, top to bottom, coaches and players the most talented MSU football team in the history of the program. There are people still making excuses that KSU wasn't a good "test" and that this team could still potentially be an 8-9 win team. Same poor ol miss state attitude. This team is 10 wins MINIMUM.

I actually feel bad for people who can't wake up to realize this and enjoy and bathe in every second of it. Teams put together like ours has (from coaching to talent) simply do not come along often.

Shouldn't we wait until those wins actually happen to bathe in them?

calidawg
09-11-2018, 12:10 PM
Shouldn't we wait until those wins actually happen to bathe in them?

If you have a trip booked at a resort in the Caribbean should you not enjoy the anticipation?

We are going to beat down everyone until the battle that will be Auburn and we're going to win that one too.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2018, 12:21 PM
It may be. But we still haven't played anybody yet. I've been down this road before, more than once. I even heard IN PERSON a head coach of ours say we would play in the Rose Bowl for a national title. We went 3-8. I'll be just as happy as you if we do what you say.

SmokeyDawg
09-11-2018, 12:26 PM
I rewatched LSU and Auburn games. Burrow has thrown one good pass this year, same ole LSU. Auburn's rushing attack doesn't worry me. Arid a.m. has been decent throwing the ball. And both LSU and Auburn's O lines look underwhelming. Still have us 10+ wins

Doggie_Style
09-11-2018, 12:28 PM

What I see is a team with tremendous upside. But we all know the one aspect of our game that could limit our success. That is, of course, the deep passing game. We MUST find a way to make opposing defenses respect the deep ball. If we don't, yes, we could lose 4 games.

calidawg
09-11-2018, 12:32 PM
What I see is a team with tremendous upside. But we all know the one aspect of our game that could limit our success. That is, of course, the deep passing game. We MUST find a way to make opposing defenses respect the deep ball. If we don't, yes, we could lose 4 games.

lol. Connecting on the deep ball or not will not cause 4 losses. Simply throwing the deep ball causes respect. We will connect on some.

Cooterpoot
09-11-2018, 12:32 PM
And several that post in this thread will go whip off to OM and talk about how great they look.

Political Hack
09-11-2018, 12:42 PM
I think we're going to win 10-12, but being a State fan for so long I wouldn't be shocked if we end up at 8-9. Injuries. Suspensions. Fumbles. Firings. Etc... it's football. It all happens.

Also, the emergence of A&M and LSU early in the season suggests those games will be much tougher than anticipated. The Egg Bowl is always hotly contested. Then we've got Bama and Auburn. Anyone who looks at that and says we have 0% chance to lose games against those opponents is kidding themselves.

calidawg
09-11-2018, 12:44 PM
I think we're going to win 10-12, but being a State fan for so long I wouldn't be shocked if we end up at 8-9. Injuries. Suspensions. Fumbles. Firings. Etc... it's football. It all happens.

Also, the emergence of A&M and LSU early in the season suggests those games will be much tougher than anticipated. The Egg Bowl is always hotly contested. Then we've got Bama and Auburn. Anyone who looks at that and says we have 0% chance to lose games against those opponents is kidding themselves.

There is a 0% chance we lose more than 2 games.

Gutter Cobreh
09-11-2018, 12:46 PM

Please leave troll. We're two games into the season. While Shotgun will agree with you, there are quite a few level-headed fans on this board that would rather wait and see how things progress before we start beating our chests. I have yet to see a comment here, even from some of the more consistent pessimists, clamoring with the attitude I've bolded in your post.

We thought we were good last year until we rolled into Athens and got throttled on national television. Still need a few more games under our belt.

Our D-line and RB positions are locked and loaded. The O-line and LB'ing crew have looked good thus far. Kicking game, Secondary, and QB still have some question marks on consistency.

calidawg
09-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Please leave troll. We're two games into the season. While Shotgun will agree with you, there are quite a few level-headed fans on this board that would rather wait and see how things progress before we start beating our chests. I have yet to see a comment here, even from some of the more consistent pessimists, clamoring with the attitude I've bolded in your post.

We thought we were good last year until we rolled into Athens and got throttled on national television. Still need a few more games under our belt.

Our D-line and RB positions are locked and loaded. The O-line and LB'ing crew have looked good thus far. Kicking game, Secondary, and QB still have some question marks on consistency.

It is a poor ol miss state attitude. You think Auburn fans are saying 8-9 win season for them?

smootness
09-11-2018, 12:58 PM

This is factually incorrect.

gravedigger
09-11-2018, 12:59 PM
It is a poor ol miss state attitude. You think Auburn fans are saying 8-9 win season for them?

We are a few National Championships, heismans, and SEC championships from acting in a way that is consistent with winning like that.

No amount of being overconfident from our fanbase will affect how things turn out. But it does make you look like an ass when its done prematurely.

BB30
09-11-2018, 01:05 PM

If we lose more then two games its this guys fault^**

mstatefan91
09-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Brandon Walker nearly had a damn heart attack over it Sunday night.. btw go listen to that rant if you want a dose of adrenaline lol

Bully13
09-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Based on facts alone, we as a fan base should be "prove we are NOT a 10-11 win team", not a "let's see what happens VS team A, B or C before we get overly confident"

Based on the coaches and players we have, there's no reason to not be confident and pumped right now. End. Of. Story.

calidawg
09-11-2018, 01:07 PM
We are a few National Championships, heismans, and SEC championships from acting in a way that is consistent with winning like that.

No amount of being overconfident from our fanbase will affect how things turn out. But it does make you look like an ass when its done prematurely.

Being confident with some arrogance in our team makes me look like an ass. I'll gladly take that. Our fan base needs more people with this attitude.

gravedigger
09-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Being confident with some arrogance in our team makes me look like an ass. I'll gladly take that. Our fan base needs more people with this attitude.

Please explain how it helps

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Because it promotes your program. Face it, recruits & women are attracted to confident, cocky programs & people. Confidence & arrogance also creates more decisive actions, which in sports is good & often in business bad. In sports, however, doing the wrong thing 100% & decisively is often better than doing the right thing slowly & indecisively.

mstatefan91
09-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Because it promotes your program. Face it, recruits & women are attracted to confident, cocky programs & people. Confidence & arrogance also creates more decisive actions, which in sports is good & often in business bad. In sports, however, doing the wrong thing 100% & decisively is often better than doing the right thing slowly & indecisively.

My man, you were telling us to pump our brakes just a few weeks ago..

BB30
09-11-2018, 01:40 PM

Split personality disorder*

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-11-2018, 01:53 PM

How many times are you gonna post this?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-11-2018, 01:53 PM

Explain how it hurts?

BeardoMSU
09-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Split personality disorder*

Its the Agent Cooper/Killer Bob syndrome...
https://media.giphy.com/media/11CS6bQZO0vtHq/giphy.gif

tcdog70
09-11-2018, 02:16 PM
It may be. But we still haven't played anybody yet. I've been down this road before, more than once. I even heard IN PERSON a head coach of ours say we would play in the Rose Bowl for a national title. We went 3-8. I'll be just as happy as you if we do what you say.

good grief , Ray Charles can see we have the best team overall that we have ever had. Quit looking for the sky to fall.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 02:23 PM

I was just answering the dude's queerstion

mstatefan91
09-11-2018, 02:24 PM
I was just answering the dude's queerstion

Cute

Homedawg
09-11-2018, 02:49 PM

You have lost your mind. 0????

MarketingBully
09-11-2018, 03:22 PM
good grief , Ray Charles can see we have the best team overall that we have ever had. Quit looking for the sky to fall.

That’s been his M.O. since I have seen him on this forum.

MarketingBully
09-11-2018, 03:24 PM
I think we go 10-2 right now. The key to our season will be winning that Auburn game. Win that and the sky’s the limit to this season.

Dawg2003
09-11-2018, 03:31 PM
I think our defense is good enough to give us a chance to win any game. Whether or not we can take advantage of that offensively remains to be seen in the tough SEC games, but our defense will give us a chance.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2018, 03:36 PM

Because we beat a bad FCS team and an at best middle of the road BIG 12 team? Get back to me after Kentucky, Florida, and Auburn. If we win those three, and we might, then I'll be on board with you.....and will have evidence to back it up. We still have one glaring weakness. If it doesn't get better 9 wins is probabaly the absolute ceiling. That won't be easy. Correct it and the sky might really be the limit.

calidawg
09-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Because we beat a bad FCS team and an at best middle of the road BIG 12 team? Get back to me after Kentucky, Florida, and Auburn. If we win those three, and we might, then I'll be on board with you.....and will have evidence to back it up. We still have one glaring weakness. If it doesn't get better 9 wins is probabaly the absolute ceiling. That won't be easy. Correct it and the sky might really be the limit.

9 win ceiling. Hilarious. We will blow out UK and Florida. We may beat Florida by 30

dawgday166
09-11-2018, 03:51 PM
In 2014 we went to Oxford with one of, if not our best team ever. Just coming off of going toe-to-toe with Bama in TTown. Actually beat them statistically, outside the 3 pick Dak threw. Should've won that game if Donny boy don't crap the bed. To top it off, OM was decimated by injuries going in. Every single media member picked us to win and we got our arse handed to us.

I do think we have a chance to win 10 or maybe 11. But we gotta get better at some things tho, cause I guarantee you everyone else is getting better. And this Bama team appears to maybe be better than that Bama team. They hadn't played anyone yet either, so tough to say just yet.

mstatefan91
09-11-2018, 03:52 PM

There's the liverpooldawg we all know and love

dawgday166
09-11-2018, 03:54 PM
I think we go 10-2 right now. The key to our season will be winning that Auburn game. Win that and the sky’s the limit to this season.

I agree AU pretty good. Right now I think TAM may be better tho. We'll find out more about them in 2 weeks.

calidawg
09-11-2018, 04:00 PM
In 2014 we went to Oxford with one of, if not our best team ever. Just coming off of going toe-to-toe with Bama in TTown. Actually beat them statistically, outside the 3 pick Dak threw. Should've won that game if Donny boy don't crap the bed. To top it off, OM was decimated by injuries going in. Every single media member picked us to win and we got our arse handed to us.

I do think we have a chance to win 10 or maybe 11. But we gotta get better at some things tho, cause I guarantee you everyone else is getting better. And this Bama team appears to maybe be better than that Bama team. They hadn't played anyone yet either, so tough to say just yet.

Thank God we dont have dan Mullen coaching this team. Joe moorhead and this staff are in a whole different stratosphere than dan and his cronies

dawgday166
09-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Thank God we dont have dan Mullen coaching this team. Joe moorhead and this staff are in a whole different stratosphere than dan and his cronies

I agree I think. We really don't know yet. I feel pretty darn sure Joe can do everything Dan has done here. But realize Joe hasn't been a HC of a team going into TTown to play either.

calidawg
09-11-2018, 04:26 PM
I agree I think. We really don't know yet. I feel pretty darn sure Joe can do everything Dan has done here. But realize Joe hasn't been a HC of a team going into TTown to play either.

Impossible to do worse than Dan in Ttown

Political Hack
09-11-2018, 05:02 PM
How many times are you gonna post this?

3. But you're gonna have to wait for the next one. I know you're excited.

Pit Bull
09-11-2018, 09:04 PM

It's not hands down the best EVER.....yet. 1980 was about as good a defense that MSU has ever had. Let the season finish out and then I will proclaim whatever it is we are supposed to be. We know we have a good team.....but do we have a good enough team to beat BAMA like we did in 1980?......jury is still a bit out on that one.....need some more evidence. Hard to see how anyone can say we are the best EVER just after two games, neither of which was a SEC BlueBlood.

RocketDawg
09-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Wasn't the 1980 game a home game ... if Jackson is considered "home"? This one's in Tuscaloosa, so maybe not really comparable.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-11-2018, 09:20 PM
If we lose more then two games its this guys fault^**

You must be bad at math. He said there was a ZERO percent chance. So even if Moorhead and the coaches quit, and we play Elgton Jenkins at quarterback, we still don't lose more than 2. It's guaranteed. It is actually impossible to lose 3.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2018, 07:53 AM
We actually DID have the best defense in the nation in 99. This one is good, but it's not #1 at the moment.

Negative Waves
09-12-2018, 08:24 AM
We actually DID have the best defense in the nation in 99. This one is good, but it's not #1 at the moment.

That 99 defense was just plain nasty. If it had been paired with either the 98 or 2000 offense, the team probably would have won the national championship. Of course that had to be the one season Jackie had a bad offensive line.

Lord McBuckethead
09-12-2018, 09:03 AM

Posting questions involving aspects of our team is not saying we are terrible. The K-State win was a good one, but at this time we have no idea if it is actually a good game. If K-State played in the SEC, based on what I have seen, they may go 1-7 in conference. As of now, K-State hasn't really proved they can play well. People are questioning Fitz and his completion percentage. Of course they are. Will he improve, history tells us he will. Is he still dynamic and capable of leading the team to victory, absolutely. Based on what we are seeing on the field, we have tons of room to get better and yet we are still handling our business. When those few items get rectified, we are going to hell on wheels. If they do not get rectified, SEC competition is going to tough and could result in losses. One dimension teams have a very slim chance on winning week in and out when SEC DC start getting good tape on your tendencies.

Because of that, a message board discussion about potential landmines, player development, overall gameday execution and performance, and which personnel gives us the best chance to win the West will continue every week. It is not to knock our team, but comments that state, "this team is going to lose to ........" are going to continue until the offense starts clicking in all phases for at least one game against a known commodity.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2018, 11:02 AM
That 99 defense was just plain nasty. If it had been paired with either the 98 or 2000 offense, the team probably would have won the national championship. Of course that had to be the one season Jackie had a bad offensive line.

Yep.

IMissJack
09-12-2018, 11:55 AM
lol. Connecting on the deep ball or not will not cause 4 losses. Simply throwing the deep ball causes respect. We will connect on some.

I'm more worried about a team or two connecting on their deep passes. This is what got us beat last year, not our inability to throw deep.

gravedigger
09-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Explain how it hurts?

Easy.......when people read the board and want to characterize the msu fan base as a bunch of idiots who are delusional, that is what they point to. And they are only incorrect in assuming all fans of MSU are like that. They are absolutely correct about the individual who cannot simply reason that there is greater than a 0% chance of us losing those games.

Confidence, when irrational, is simple minded arrogance.

gravedigger
09-12-2018, 12:19 PM

No, it promotes the idea that the person expressing it is delusional. You are confusing confidence on the field about doing your job with arrogance of a fan base that refuses to acknowledge that things can and do go wrong at times. Arrogance, has no correlation to good decisions. Confidence in ones ability to perform does, but not always. Indecisiveness is never good, but occasionally produces positive results. Doing the right thing is always superior to doing the wrong thing. Intentions matter.

What has being arrogant jerks done for the OM fanbase?