PDA

View Full Version : Some Week 3 SEC Thoughts

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 09:27 AM
ULL vs MSU - With Kentucky showing a pulse, this is really the last "warm up" game before the margin for error begins to shrink. If I'm MSU, do my best to limit Kylin & Fitz's carries in this game & really work on Fitz throwing the ball along with getting Aeris & Gibson a ton of carries. We need to get Aeris involved so that he's engaged & sharp when Kylin needs a breather or gets some bumps & bruises as the year progresses. I'd limit Kylin to < than 10 carries & attempt to do the same with Fitz. Due to our ability in the trenches, we should win this game 48-10 or worse.
LSU @ Auburn - Big time game that every MSU fan should be paying attention to. Why? Because both of these defenses have similar front 7s as us & therefore we'll get a pretty clear picture as to what both teams may be able to do against us offensively. I don't really care who wins this game, but I'd like to see both teams struggle to run the football like I think they will. I just don't see an NFL caliber back on either team & both QBs aren't runners. I look for LSU to potentially be shut out in this game, save a jump ball or two to a WR. I expect Auburn to struggle to run the ball, but find enough offense with win 17-3 or so.

Alabama @ Ole Miss - Alabama will blow them out, but I'm curious to see how good the Ole Miss OL is as that will ultimately decide how dangerous they'll be vs us & other teams. Personally, I'm hoping Bama will either lose 2 games or blow everyone out until they play us. I'd rather them not get challenged & win leading to Saban to circling the wagons & correcting all their mistakes. Alabama 65-Ole Miss 32

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-11-2018, 10:30 AM
I kinda disagree about our game. While I get your logic of "rest the key offensive players, get Aeris and the pass game ready" I personally think since it's the last tune up game you have to run the normal O to iron out those last kinks. I agree it should be slightly pass heavy, but I expect we'll put our foot down hard to rep what we'll do in SEC play. Though your style may be what we do.

Agreed on Auburn-LSU.

I think calling OM scoring 32 points is generous as hell. I just don't think their OL is better than last year, and Saban knows how to shut down a one dimensional O. Saban does a good job of pointing out his teams' flaws to his guys, and thus getting them to play like mad to fix it. Later in the season when the team knows those flaws are fixed, they seem to relax a little and lose a bit of the savage physical edge

msudawglb
09-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Have you guys paid attention to the Kylin Hill hype on ESPN and SEC Network? I can understand wanting to limit his carries but with his hype, I'd go ahead and get him his 15-20 carries. The recruits love seeing the attention given to him. I'd like to have him getting Heisman talk next season. I would limit Fitz to 5 or less carries and have him throw 30-40 passes for practice.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 11:02 AM
Have you guys paid attention to the Kylin Hill hype on ESPN and SEC Network? I can understand wanting to limit his carries but with his hype, I'd go ahead and get him his 15-20 carries. The recruits love seeing the attention given to him. I'd like to have him getting Heisman talk next season. I would limit Fitz to 5 or less carries and have him throw 30-40 passes for practice.

Kylin's hype will depend on how he is in big SEC games, not vs ULL

Ifyouonlyknew
09-11-2018, 11:10 AM
I don't think LSU has nearly enough for Auburn. If that game is a game with 7-8min left I think that's an indictment on Auburn more so than how good LSU is.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2018, 11:17 AM
I don't think LSU has nearly enough for Auburn. If that game is a game with 7-8min left I think that's an indictment on Auburn more so than how good LSU is.

Agree. I could see Auburn being very one demensional vs LSU though. Not sure LSU's OL can block Auburn. I'm not expecting LSU to score double digits.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-11-2018, 11:18 AM

Agreed. Burrow and the LSU OL have proven themselves to be mediocre, and the WRs aren't what OM or Bama has either. If Auburn lets LSU move the ball, that's a HUGE indictment on their own front 7, and if Auburn themselves can't move the ball enough for for 20+ points then they won't against us either. My guess is Auburn goes into halftime up 14-7, then in the 3rd they score 7 more and LSU's O doesn't pick up 50 yards. In the 4th LSU's D is gassed and the game is put away