PDA

View Full Version : La Lafayette

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Yall dont be surprised if this game is closer than yall expect for a while. They have had a week off and have nothing to lose. 4 out of 5 OL coming back too.

Maybe Hudspeth knows some about them so that might help us but we will have to play well to win. We arent going to roll our helmet out and beat anyone.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2018, 10:36 PM
That's exactly the reason I'm glad Joes our coach. He seems to expect our team to play like every game is the super bowl! I love that mentality!

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Yall We arent going to roll our helmet out and beat anyone.

Wanna bet?

Ezsoil
KState had all their OLine back from a 9 win power 5 team....I think our DLine will be just fine

Commercecomet24
I don't expect any letup or letdown, as he's said we are a left lane team.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 10:39 PM
I don't expect any letup or letdown, as he's said we are a left lane team.

Plus, because we are so good in the trenches, we have huge margin for error against these types of teams unless we turn the ball over.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-10-2018, 10:40 PM
I expect to cover

Commercecomet24
09-10-2018, 10:45 PM
I expect to cover

Agreed +about 10 more.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Plus, because we are so good in the trenches, we have huge margin for error against these types of teams unless we turn the ball over.

Yep. Both sides of the los.

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Wanna bet?

I dont understand exactly what you are wanting to bet but if we come out half cocked we will get beat or at least look like shit enough to where the bitching on here will last until Kingdom come

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2018, 10:48 PM
I expect to cover

We very well could but this one just feels like a letdown type game. SEC opener next week after one that had been circled for a while.

I hope we play great but Lafayette aint gonna lay down and give it to us. They are better than they get credit for

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 10:55 PM
We very well could but this one just feels like a letdown type game. SEC opener next week after one that had been circled for a while.

I hope we play great but Lafayette aint gonna lay down and give it to us. They are better than they get credit for

KState would beat Lafayette by 17+. I actually think we rout them cause no way our QBs are horribly inaccurate for a 3rd straight game.

Cooterpoot
09-10-2018, 11:16 PM
This game won’t be close in any shape or form.

ckDOG
09-10-2018, 11:21 PM
Won't be close unless we are -5 TOs.

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 11:35 PM
ULL has been on probation and they have been pretty bad- hence why Hud is now with us again. They gave up 17 or so to I think Grambling which is not very good relative to the competition that they were facing. OK- so it's not like they gave up 41 to Southern Illinois but it's still not great.

I think Joe's mentality of "you're playing against a standard" will help us avoid a letdown. The other thing at play here is we still have things to work on and clean up and I think that's also going to show this week in the form of improvement.

So, I think we'll be fine.

99jc
09-11-2018, 06:21 AM
We will roll Laytit and make them like it. 55-6. I can't believe we go through this every week. Let down game my ass.

Dawgology
09-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Yall dont be surprised if this game is closer than yall expect for a while. They have had a week off and have nothing to lose. 4 out of 5 OL coming back too.

Maybe Hudspeth knows some about them so that might help us but we will have to play well to win. We arent going to roll our helmet out and beat anyone.

Are you one of them that said KSU would cover?

msu15
09-11-2018, 07:48 AM
I dont understand exactly what you are wanting to bet but if we come out half cocked we will get beat or at least look like shit enough to where the bitching on here will last until Kingdom come

Big time loser post

PMDawg
09-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Are you one of them that said KSU would cover?

I thought K-State would cover. But I don't give ULL any chance to cover whatsoever. This will be a repeat of week 1. The only thing ULL has going for them is a vertical pass attack that's pretty good. So they may accidentally bust a big play or 3. However, I don't think their QB will enjoy this game. He is going to get hit. A lot. He'll throw multiple picks.

TrapGame
09-11-2018, 07:54 AM

Seriously?!

Todd4State
09-11-2018, 07:57 AM
We will roll Laytit and make them like it. 55-6. I can't believe we go through this every week. Let down game my ass.

We're literally the only team in the SEC that never has a trap game.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2018, 08:02 AM

I swear I heard this same post last week but from someone else.

They only won five ball games last year. I guess they can be better.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2018, 08:04 AM

Because up to about seven years ago we were the trap game.

TrapGame
09-11-2018, 08:09 AM

BRUH?!! (clears throat)

TALL DAWG
09-11-2018, 08:23 AM

Ole...BuckyIsAB....was deep in....
A Bottle...late last night it appears...!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-11-2018, 09:24 AM
No it won't. We will roll. A week off ain't going to make a shit team any better.

fishwater99
09-11-2018, 10:16 AM

Get out of here!!!

Coach Jo will let us roll over LA...

Jack Lambert
09-11-2018, 10:17 AM
No it won't. We will roll. A week off ain't going to make a shit team any better.

It actually could hurt the performance on the field. It will help with rest and injury healing.

Johnson85
09-11-2018, 10:18 AM

We have a huge margin of error as far as losing, but we also had close to the same thing last year and La Tech scored 21 on us and UMass 23, so it could be closer.

I expect us to cover mostly because even if we play bad, I think we will continue to work on our passing and take a lot of shots downfield deep into the game.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2018, 10:24 AM
We have a huge margin of error as far as losing, but we also had close to the same thing last year and La Tech scored 21 on us and UMass 23, so it could be closer.

I expect us to cover mostly because even if we play bad, I think we will continue to work on our passing and take a lot of shots downfield deep into the game.

I have not come to a conclusion yet but watching Florida's defense I wonder how much of our defensive success last season was more about talent then coaching. We have the same defense as last season but it sure looks more dangerous and aggressive then last season. It looks better.

Gutter Cobreh
09-11-2018, 10:47 AM
I have not come to a conclusion yet but watching Florida's defense I wonder how much of our defensive success last season was more about talent then coaching. We have the same defense as last season but it sure looks more dangerous and aggressive then last season. It looks better.

Excellent point Jack! (rep. given)

I have been wondering the same thing, especially seeing how dominant we were against K-State (not much could be garnered from our SFA game).

We all clamored for Grantham to stay, but in reality it appears that Shoop is helping this defense reach heights they wouldn't have seen. I know it is still early in the season, but watching us versus K-State and UF vs. Kentucky - it made me truly realize how we dodged a bullet. While we gave up a couple of plays in the secondary, Shoop puts the front 7 in a position that Grantham never did. There were times last year where I'd be asking where our LB core was on certain plays. Now it seems like if the opposing offense can get past the D-line pressure (both 1st and 2nd team), our LB'ing core is right behind them disrupting and making plays.

TrapGame
09-11-2018, 10:52 AM

I thought Florida's defense would keep them in some games but now I think they're a bigger liability than the offense.

LC Dawg
09-11-2018, 12:25 PM
We are going to beat the shit out of ULL, and then we are going to beat the shit out of Kentucky, and then we are going to beat the shit out of Florida.
The Auburn game is where we really find out where we stand in the SEC.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2018, 01:12 PM
I thought Florida's defense would keep them in some games but now I think they're a bigger liability than the offense.

We are a bad matchup for ol Danny boy. They can't stop the run and on offense they can't run or throw and uk pressured franks all night. That games gonna get ugly for uf.

mstatefan91
09-11-2018, 01:15 PM

Seriously, are we going to have this same thread every single week this year?

We are a good team bordering on great meaning we are one roll of the dice away from an SECW championship.. ULL is not on our level

tcdog70
09-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Ha, ha , ha--our defense will not let the Cajuns do shit. we will win by 30 at least. If the other team doesn't score they won't win.

TrapGame
09-11-2018, 02:37 PM
We are a bad matchup for ol Danny boy. They can't stop the run and on offense they can't run or throw and uk pressured franks all night. That games gonna get ugly for uf.

UK's defense is just average and pretty much shut Dan's offense down.

Dawgology
09-11-2018, 02:37 PM

I just don't think ULL is a trap game. I think either Kentucky or TAMU could be.

Kentucky will always play you hard and they aren't a pushover this year. They are feeling their oats after whipping Florida. If our guys don't take that game seriously I could see Kentucky pulling out a close one.

TAMU. That will be right after LSU and right before Bama. If we are 7-0 at that point and anticipating Bama it would be easy to overlook a potentially explosive TAMU team. They may be on their yearly downturn by then so they could sneak up on us.

BulldogBear
09-11-2018, 02:53 PM
I just don't think ULL is a trap game. I think either Kentucky or TAMU could be.

Kentucky will always play you hard and they aren't a pushover this year. They are feeling their oats after whipping Florida. If our guys don't take that game seriously I could see Kentucky pulling out a close one.

TAMU. That will be right after LSU and right before Bama. If we are 7-0 at that point and anticipating Bama it would be easy to overlook a potentially explosive TAMU team. They may be on their yearly downturn by then so they could sneak up on us.

We have Louisiana Tech after TAMU

Dawgology
09-11-2018, 03:50 PM
We have Louisiana Tech after TAMU

Maybe they are the trap game since I was looking at the schedule and literally looked right over them! haha!

RocketDawg
09-11-2018, 06:12 PM
It actually could hurt the performance on the field. It will help with rest and injury healing.

We always seemed rusty after a week off ... played worse than when games were back to back.

Dolphus Raymond
09-11-2018, 06:52 PM
As others have alluded to, Moorhead does not strike me as the type of coach that will "allow" his team to look ahead.

TrapGame
09-11-2018, 07:08 PM
We always seemed rusty after a week off ... played worse than when games were back to back.

Some of that is Mullen being Mullen.

Pit Bull
09-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Won't be close unless we are -5 TOs.

That's the key to not getting upset by teams like this. Ball security. If we turn it over 6 or more times....all bets are off.