PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Horka for CL not gonna last

mstatefan91
09-10-2018, 10:28 PM
He?s our new beat writer from the CL. Fan base has already ripped him a few times for his style. He?s been pretty defensive this week.

I give him one football season

Homedawg
09-10-2018, 10:34 PM
WHo??? Who cares. Sorry.

confucius say
09-10-2018, 10:34 PM
He's just young. Has to grow a thicker skin and not take stuff personally. I'm fine with him defending himself but let it go at some point bro.

Also, Brett Hudson turns out some really good stuff.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 10:42 PM
He's just young. Has to grow a thicker skin and not take stuff personally. I'm fine with him defending himself but let it go at some point bro.

Also, Brett Hudson turns out some really good stuff.

Brett Hudson is very good.

Horka doesn't get it yet. It's almost like he's a Texas kid that came into the job with an arrogance and condescending viewpoint of MSU. He's like the Dan Mullen of beat writers.

Kid went to Texas who has a sucky ass football program yet he writes like he knows what great football looks like.

DawgFromOxford
09-10-2018, 10:50 PM
I've personally enjoyed Horka's stuff so far. I've only seen him get ripped because of his recent article which basically said Fitz is the same guy he was last year.

DawgFromOxford
09-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Horka doesn't get it yet. It's almost like he's a Texas kid that came into the job with an arrogance and condescending viewpoint of MSU. He's like the Dan Mullen of beat writers.

Kid went to Texas who has a sucky ass football program yet he writes like he knows what great football looks like.

I would disagree with this but to each his own.

mstatefan91
09-10-2018, 11:05 PM
I've personally enjoyed Horka's stuff so far. I've only seen him get ripped because of his recent article which basically said Fitz is the same guy he was last year.

He also got ripped for saying Moorhead might be the one to take state past mediocrity

DawgFromOxford
09-10-2018, 11:22 PM
He also got ripped for saying Moorhead might be the one to take state past mediocrity

I missed that part then. If he said average instead of mediocrity I could understand it, but yeah mediocrity is harsh word. I could see where it would anger our fans.

mstatefan91
09-10-2018, 11:53 PM
I missed that part then. If he said average instead of mediocrity I could understand it, but yeah mediocrity is harsh word. I could see where it would anger our fans.

Yeah it came across as discounting the last 9 years. I got his point but he did it on purpose and then cried wolf.

hailmari
09-11-2018, 05:58 AM
I didn’t care for his use of “mediocrity” either, but he’ll learn. The complaints were valid, but I also think a lot of people have been over-the-top cry babies about it too.

Dawg2003
09-11-2018, 06:46 AM
A couple of his titles were bad, but this is probably his first job. The content of the articles was pretty good. If he can navigate the Twitter waters, he'll be fine. That job is just a stepping stone for a resume.

Ari Gold
09-11-2018, 07:20 AM
WHo??? Who cares. Sorry.

Exactly

BrunswickDawg
09-11-2018, 07:25 AM
A couple of his titles were bad, but this is probably his first job. The content of the articles was pretty good. If he can navigate the Twitter waters, he'll be fine. That job is just a stepping stone for a resume.

Remember - Editors usually give stories the title.

Bully13
09-11-2018, 07:31 AM
Remember - Editors usually give stories the title.

Still coming from Nashville?

Lord McBuckethead
09-11-2018, 10:05 AM

::Eyes narrow and look from one side to the other::
Haven't been proven wrong yet.

TXDawg
09-11-2018, 10:12 AM
As far as his “mediocrity” article is concerned, the gist of the article was more about whether or not Moorhead could maintain what Mullen had accomplished. Which, given that it was written a couple of weeks before the season started, was a pretty fair question.

I haven’t seen all the Texas stuff because I don’t follow him on Twitter, but most of what he’s written for the CL has been pretty good. Certainly a step up from Marshmellow’s and Killaburger’s crap.

MedDawg
09-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Still coming from Nashville?

Clarion Ledger MSU article headlines have been negative long before Nashville was involved. Back when Sekou Smith would write positive or neutral articles there would still be a negative headline. Of course, farther back when the C-L was owned by OM alums everything about MSU was negative.

Pit Bull
09-11-2018, 09:17 PM

Would have been better if he had said....."Moorhead might be the one to take MSU to the next level."