PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt film study KSU...

Leroy Jenkins
09-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Wyatt always does a good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89GZgGN4tXE

Lord McBuckethead
09-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Thanks to Renesant bank for sponsoring this stuff.

hacker
09-10-2018, 10:16 PM
These are really good.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Thanks for posting, and special thanks to Matt for producing these videos. It's great to see the plays analyzed on this level.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 11:11 PM
These are awesome. Matt should have a show on the SEC Network each week that is similar to what NFL Matchup used to be.

I'm really trying to pump the brakes, but I think this team has the pieces and parts to go all the way. Watching this video, it's hard to not come away realizing that Kylin Hill is the game changer, Jimmy Chitwood of this team. Look at how K-State was taught to play the zone read. They worked all week on taking Fitz because they feared his speed. Aeris is really good but teams were ok giving Aeris 6 yards if it meant Fitz wouldn't take it the distance. What now? We are the only offense in the country with two game breaking ball carriers on the field at the same time, all the time and we also have a boarderline elite offensive line.

In some ways, our weapons remind me of the 1990s Nebraska teams with Tommy Frazier and Buckhalter, Phillips, Frost, Crouch, etc.

Kylin is the difference. A game breaking RB will completely alter the way teams will have to defend our zone read. If Fitz can get more accurate on the RPOs that complement the zone read, then the only teams that'll have a chance to stop us must have ELITE defensive lines, of which we get to practice against perhaps the best one everyday.

I'm am antsy to see what this offense will look like by Florida. It has the pieces and parts to be absurd folks.

Again, 2 game changing ball carriers on the field at all times.

ckDOG
09-10-2018, 11:17 PM
These are awesome. Matt should have a show on the SEC Network each week that is similar to what NFL Matchup used to be.

I'm really trying to pump the brakes, but I think this team has the pieces and parts to go all the way. Watching this video, it's hard to not come away realizing that Kylin Hill is the game changer, Jimmy Chitwood of this team. Look at how K-State was taught to play the zone read. They worked all week on taking Fitz because they feared his speed. Aeris is really good but teams were ok giving Aeris 6 yards if it meant Fitz wouldn't take it the distance. What now? We are the only offense in the country with two game breaking ball carriers on the field at the same time, all the time and we also have a boarderline elite offensive line.

In some ways, our weapons remind me of the 1990s Nebraska teams with Tommy Frazier and Buckhalter, Phillips, Frost, Crouch, etc.

Kylin is the difference. A game breaking RB will completely alter the way teams will have to defend our zone read.

Yep and if Fitz can develop a respectable B grade touch and accuracy on the deep ball, it's game over for any defense we face.

DawgFromOxford
09-10-2018, 11:18 PM
Good stuff

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Yep and if Fitz can develop a respectable B grade touch and accuracy on the deep ball, it's game over for any defense we face.

Agree. I never realized how having a game changing RB in this offense would be such a game changer. It's incredible we only scored 31 points. We could've named our score vs K State if we were clicking or wanted to.

Kylin's emergence SHOULD be the biggest story in Mississippi football this year and maybe the SEC. It's a game changer in the way teams can defend us.

justwin
09-10-2018, 11:35 PM
I think whop makes that catch at the 3 minute mark that 4 short armed. Like baseball, we need to be big & strong up the middle and deddrick & Mixon should only be used in the flats. This is a different downfield scheme than the past. The Sooner we start playing whop in the slot, the better our passing efficiency becomes. Rotate w Austin be deadly. Guidry makes a great Catch in 2H when Fitz steps up out of end zone that only a bigger body catches, was a nice review by Matt.

Love everything else about Moorhead. Just get whop on the field now because he can be the difference vs the West.

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 11:37 PM
I love these too!

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 11:38 PM
I think whop makes that catch at the 3 minute mark that 4 short armed. Like baseball, we need to be big & strong up the middle and deddrick & Mixon should only be used in the flats. This is a different downfield scheme than the past. The Sooner we start playing whop in the slot, the better our passing efficiency becomes. Rotate w Austin be deadly. Guidry makes a great Catch in 2H when Fitz steps up out of end zone that only a bigger body catches, was a nice review by Matt.

Love everything else about Moorhead. Just get whop on the field now because he can be the difference vs the West.

Is Whop healthy? I remember him tweaking a hamstring in practice a few weeks ago.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 11:38 PM

I know him getting hurt set him back

gravedigger
09-11-2018, 08:33 AM
I am so pleased with Matt giving us a look inside what really happens. Head to head was a waste of his time. This is his calling and he should exploit that. Some network is going to get smart and employ him to do this during games and he will have hit his niche.

WSOPdawg
09-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Good stuff, I'm really enjoying watching Matt's film breakdowns.

BigEasyDawg
09-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Kylin is the difference. A game breaking RB will completely alter the way teams will have to defend our zone read. If Fitz can get more accurate on the RPOs that complement the zone read, then the only teams that'll have a chance to stop us must have ELITE defensive lines, of which we get to practice against perhaps the best one everyday.

I'm am antsy to see what this offense will look like by Florida. It has the pieces and parts to be absurd folks.

Again, 2 game changing ball carriers on the field at all times.

Couldn't agree more Shotgun. Some of those counters that Hill busted wide open happened because he made a defender or two missed. Some of our RB's in the past (although they were hard runners and gave great effort) did not have the skill to make them miss. Thus, those plays went for 5-8 yards. That is great, but having someone like Hill that can take it to the house is a true game changer.

MzTerry
09-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Wyatt always does a good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89GZgGN4tXE

Enjoy watching these every week. He really does a fantastic job on this.