PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead on Aeris

VandelayIndustries
09-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Moorhead on Aeris Williams not getting a snap at RB against Kansas State: Playing time is based on the performance in practice, they felt Kylin and Gibson were the guys last week. He just met with Aeris and expects improvement.

Per Brett Hudson

mstatefan91
09-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Hard to believe Nick passed Aeris... guess Aeris has to got to prove he can fit in the system.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 12:39 PM
I get the sense that most everyone this team has bought into Moorhead & his staff, but Aeris may be one of the few that has not.

Matty Dispatch
09-10-2018, 12:45 PM
Hard to believe Nick passed Aeris.

Did you watch the game on Saturday? Nick is clearly more talented.

mstatefan91
09-10-2018, 12:48 PM

Yes I did and I watched all of the 2017 season as well.. Thanks for asking

KOdawg1
09-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Yes I did and I watched all of the 2017 season as well.. Thanks for asking

Last. Season. Does. Not. Matter.

mstatefan91
09-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Last. Season. Does. Not. Matter.

Holee shit guys... It's what we've seen of Aeris.. that's what I'm talking about here.. I understand that it's a new coach and new system. It's just surprising TO ME that Aeris hasn't adapted after all of the praise JOMO and company gave him over fall camp...

DownwardDawg
09-10-2018, 01:04 PM

Hill is by far the best of all of them, but what I’ve seen so far from Gibson tells me he’s still #3. And a distant 3rd behind Williams.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-10-2018, 01:06 PM
This was a message by JoeMo much like the suspension to Fitz was. I don't care who you are you better be all in every aspect every day or I don't need you. Lolly gag & dick around in practice? Fine see how you like the pine. JoeMo is setting a standard & culture. What we've been doing isn't good enough & if you want to go from good to great then it's a daily process of striving for excellence. Also if the young guys see he's not afraid to make examples out of Fitz & Aeris they know he won't have any problem punishing them.

Matty Dispatch
09-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Moorhead said he determines who plays by the practice field that week and all the other team activities during the week.....so with the rumor that he missed / was late to a position meeting that sounds like it was the main reason he didn't see the field. Had Kylin not been incredible vs. Kansas State then Aeris probably would've entered the game at some point. By Kylin was incredible and Moorhead likes to stick with one running back, particularly when they are playing out of their mind. Aeris is a good running back like Jalen Hurts is a good QB.....but when the younger guy is clearly more talented then you have to let him play over the older guy.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2018, 01:11 PM
This was a message by JoeMo much like the suspension to Fitz was. I don't care who you are you better be all in every aspect every day or I don't need you. Lolly gag & dick around in practice? Fine see how you like the pine. JoeMo is setting a standard & culture. What we've been doing isn't good enough & if you want to go from good to great then it's a daily process of striving for excellence. Also if the young guys see he's not afraid to make examples out of Fitz & Aeris they know he won't have any problem punishing them.

This is so much more effective than dog cussing or constantly berating players. This formula is sustainable long term. This is the culture you have to have to take the next step. Great post and glad we have JoMo!

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Aeris played really well the end of last year. We all just want to see him get some touches. Guidrygram went on a pout show tour and got rewarded with more targets.

Cary Hudson's little bro
JoeMo is the man...I bet Aeris practices at a championship standard today!

My boss does this same thing. Hard to take a week off bc he will make you pay for it.

Coach007

And I agree with JoMo on that!

I don't care who you are...… I don't care if we lose because a starter sets. If you don't set that standard you end up with the players running the program and that leads to a ruined program.

WSOPdawg
09-10-2018, 01:14 PM

Rep given, Hail State!

Cary Hudson's little bro
delete

Ifyouonlyknew
Moorhead said he determines who plays by the practice field that week and all the other team activities during the week.....so with the rumor that he missed / was late to a position meeting that sounds like it was the main reason he didn't see the field. Had Kylin not been incredible vs. Kansas State then Aeris probably would've entered the game at some point. By Kylin was incredible and Moorhead likes to stick with one running back, particularly when they are playing out of their mind. Aeris is a good running back like Jalen Hurts is a good QB.....but when the younger guy is clearly more talented then you have to let him play over the older guy.

It's been established that Kylin is the guy. Nobody is questioning that but Gibson played quite a few snaps & to say he's clearly the best #2 or is so much better that Aeris can't even get a snap is naive at best. This situation had 0 to do with talent IMO.

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-10-2018, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=Dawg61;990654. Guidrygram went on a pout show tour and got rewarded with more targets.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Guidry earned those touches by busting his ass in practice last week? You don't know otherwise.

Matty Dispatch
09-10-2018, 01:17 PM
It's been established that Kylin is the guy. Nobody is questioning that but Gibson played quite a few snaps & to say he's clearly the best #2 or is so much better that Aeris can't even get a snap is naive at best. This situation had 0 to do with talent IMO.

I said Gibson was clearly the #2? No, in fact I did not mention Gibson at all. I think this is the first time I've ever referred to him in my life.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-10-2018, 01:18 PM
I said Gibson was clearly the #2? No, in fact I did not mention Gibson at all. I think this is the first time I've ever referred to him in my life.

I should've clarified. I wasn't directing that part about Gibson to you but it was said in this thread.

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Maybe Guidry earned those touches by busting his ass in practice last week? You don't know otherwise.

He didn't bust his ass during halftime vs SFA. He showed it. Just give Aeris some touches coach. Maybe like 5-7 of those balls Fitz threw in the stands.

Coach007
09-10-2018, 01:22 PM
On if Fitz and Aeris not playing each of the last two games: He said he's trying to build accountability and attention to detail within the program. It's something that he said will get them beat in a game if players don't do the little things correctly. Some of the things that will hold players back in games are things they're not doing correctly on the field or outside of it. No specifics given there.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Aeris played really well the end of last year. We all just want to see him get some touches. Guidrygram went on a pout show tour and got rewarded with more targets.

Guidrygram is the winner. Instaguidry & Instragramuidry don't quite roll off the tongue like Guidrgram

WyldStallyns
09-10-2018, 01:31 PM
He didn't bust his ass during halftime vs SFA. He showed it. Just give Aeris some touches coach. Maybe like 5-7 of those balls Fitz threw in the stands.

This isn't a charity. If he's not producing in practice he doesn't play. That's not on the coach. What you did last year is exactly that. Last year. We're playing 2018 games now.

msu15
09-10-2018, 01:32 PM
All about setting the standard

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 01:36 PM
What are you Moorhead's dad? I seriously doubt Aeris is loafing in practice. He rushed for 1,100 yards last year. It shouldn't be week 3 and he hasn't gotten 5 total carries still. He caught a nice TD vs SFA. He's a good player.

WyldStallyns
09-10-2018, 01:39 PM
What are you Moorhead's dad? I seriously doubt Aeris is loafing in practice. He rushed for 1,100 yards last year. It shouldn't be week 3 and he hasn't gotten 5 total carries still. He caught a nice TD vs SFA. He's a good player.

So your stated position is that despite our winning convincingly where few P5 non-cons have won before, AND despite Kylin Hill looking like the next coming of Anthony Dixon, AND despite us being ranked #6 in the S&P+ rankings, you're disappointed because your favorite player isn't getting enough touches?

Does the 61 stand for your IQ?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-10-2018, 01:45 PM
my my have things have changed from Mullen. This would have never happened with him.

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 01:45 PM
So your stated position is that despite our winning convincingly where few P5 non-cons have won before, AND despite Kylin Hill looking like the next coming of Anthony Dixon, AND despite us being ranked #6 in the S&P+ rankings, you're disappointed because your favorite player isn't getting enough touches?

Does the 61 stand for your IQ?

Lol try to not overthink everything bud. I'd like our returning 1,100 yard senior runningback to get more time on the field through 2 games than our scout team QB. It's not asking a lot.

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2018, 01:47 PM
On if Fitz and Aeris not playing each of the last two games: He said he's trying to build accountability and attention to detail within the program. It's something that he said will get them beat in a game if players don't do the little things correctly. Some of the things that will hold players back in games are things they're not doing correctly on the field or outside of it. No specifics given there.

Which is why I think that the Fitz suspension was about an accountability issue not a testing issue. We all read Swede's thread on SPS. My read between the lines on that is if Dan liked you, you got leeway on accountability things: practice effort, team meetings, and prep work. Those short cuts are the difference in a NY6 Bowl and the CFP. Moorhead has a different expectation and is holding guys accountable. I like it.

Cooterpoot
09-10-2018, 01:54 PM
I don't have a problem with it, but if you don't believe there are practice players and gamers, then you haven't been around ball. Gamers show up. I'm betting Aries indeed screwed up and it wasn't simply practice effort.

fishwater99
09-10-2018, 01:57 PM
If I was a betting man, I bet Aeris was a little pissed about Hill getting the start in week one and Coach didn't like his attitude or what he said, so he didn't play this past week..

it's not hard to understand.

yjnkdawg
09-10-2018, 02:02 PM

Well, maybe it was because Coach Joe Mo and Coach Getsy were pleased with Guidry's practice performance, and the way he conducted himself the past week. If this instagram post was as bad as you and a few others, who are obsessed with it on here thought it was, then Gudry would not have been playing against KSU.

Matty Dispatch
09-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Lol try to not overthink everything bud. I'd like our returning 1,100 yard senior runningback to get more time on the field through 2 games than our scout team QB. It's not asking a lot.

This is what happens when you start recruiting at a higher level. Sometimes there are really talented younger guys who are going to take the ball from older more experienced guys. You can either go based on seniority (Mullen) or based on who is better (Moorhead). The good news is State has three 4-star running backs to choose from. This is a fantastic problem to have. Hate it for Aeris, but this is the way it is in the top tier of the SEC (as we are this year).

DownwardDawg
09-10-2018, 02:25 PM
This thread took a turn quickly!!

MadDawg
09-10-2018, 02:26 PM

https://s8.postimg.cc/qy6gl6wlx/Nick_Gibson.jpg

Turfdawg67
09-10-2018, 03:00 PM
https://s8.postimg.cc/qy6gl6wlx/Nick_Gibson.jpg

Beat me to it... or did Matty mean "Nick" Hill or maybe Nick Fitzgerald cause he's never called Gibson's name before.

BB30
09-10-2018, 03:23 PM
All yall bi*** about Dan playing srs over more talented youngsters and now yall are bi*** about a youngster getting most of the touches at RB.

Hill is the future get on board with it and quit worrying about who gets 5-7 carries as the number 2. If Aeris would do what he is supposed to in practice he would be getting those 5-7 carries.

Even if he is a gamer and not a practice guy he can still put the effort in at practice. It takes zero talent to practice hard.

On the bright side this should help us when recruiting younger guys. Shows that this staff will play the best player regardless of seniority. Come in and work and you'll play.

Cooterpoot
09-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Nobody is complaining about Hill getting those touches. It's trying to figure out why Aries is getting NO touches. He's considerably better than Gibson and he's proven that. But I do think this issue goes back to ******* playing the older guys over the younger ones and the expectations it set.
I'm all for Hill toting it when he's getting it done. But we'll need Aries to block some when we throw it because Hill can't.

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 03:47 PM
All yall bi*** about Dan playing srs over more talented youngsters and now yall are bi*** about a youngster getting most of the touches at RB.

Hill is the future get on board with it and quit worrying about who gets 5-7 carries as the number 2. If Aeris would do what he is supposed to in practice he would be getting those 5-7 carries.

Even if he is a gamer and not a practice guy he can still put the effort in at practice. It takes zero talent to practice hard.

On the bright side this should help us when recruiting younger guys. Shows that this staff will play the best player regardless of seniority. Come in and work and you'll play.

Well, I'm not one of the ones obviously. I approve of what Joe is doing and how he is handling things and it's refreshing to me.

In the long run this is going to make us a better team because it's going to force people to step up and do their very best. I think Joe is making an example out of Nick (last game) and Aeris (K-State) and I think Aeris will actually respond well and come back and contribute a lot as the number two back. Joe has to establish this early to gain respect or we're going to have issues. Everyone on the team controls their actions in practice and off the field. Joe has a standard and the players that want to play have to meet that standard. If that means coming to meetings on time- well, they better be there on time or have a really good legit excuse for being late.

With Dan there were several positions each that I questioned why a player was getting reps- Holloway, Coman, Zach Jackson, Torrey Dale, and etc. With Joe the only question I have is at TE with Dontae Jones. But at least there Justin Johnson has performed well and at least he is giving Dontae more opportunities to play. So, it's not totally cut and dried there. Every other position I believe we are starting the right people.

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Nobody is complaining about Hill getting those touches. It's trying to figure out why Aries is getting NO touches. He's considerably better than Gibson and he's proven that. But I do think this issue goes back to ******* playing the older guys over the younger ones and the expectations it set.
I'm all for Hill toting it when he's getting it done. But we'll need Aries to block some when we throw it because Hill can't.

I think Joe was pretty transparent today about why Aeris got no touches. He got some against Stephen F Austin. And I suspect that if he does what he is supposed to he will get them going forward.

And as a fan I appreciate Joe's honesty as opposed to Dan's arrogant "I know more about football than you Mississippi hicks" attitude of a lame excuse about blocking assignments.

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 03:53 PM

I'm not bitching about Kylin's carries. However our QB that broke his ankle 10 months ago got 19 carries while our 1,100 rusher got zero carries. It's odd. Quit acting like it's not odd to wonder what the **** is going on with Aeris.

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 03:57 PM
I'm not bitching about Kylin's carries. I'm not exactly thrilled about our QB that broke his ankle 10 months ago getting 19 carries while our 1,100 rusher got zero carries though.

Why? He had 159 yards rushing. We would be Croom stupid to not take advantage of Nick's best skill set. You don't not ever use a player because he got hurt once on a dirty play.

Cooterpoot
09-10-2018, 03:57 PM
I think Joe was pretty transparent today about why Aeris got no touches. He got some against Stephen F Austin. And I suspect that if he does what he is supposed to he will get them going forward.

And as a fan I appreciate Joe's honesty as opposed to Dan's arrogant "I know more about football than you Mississippi hicks" attitude of a lame excuse about blocking assignments.

I don't. I think Joe didn't tell the whole story (and I'm ok with that). You really believe if one of your best players, say Fitz, has a bad practice, he's sitting him vs Alabama? I don't believe that.

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Why? He had 159 yards rushing. We would be Croom stupid to not take advantage of Nick's best skill set. You don't not ever use a player because he got hurt once on a dirty play.

I edited my post but I'll respond. It's a long season. Obviously i'm not saying don't ever rush Fitzgerald but 19 rushes in his first game back when our senior runningback got zero. Come the **** on.

basedog
09-10-2018, 04:05 PM
When one rushes for over 200 yards I don't think he will be looking over his shoulder, I think when this happens the others backs have to step it up a notch.

I think it's obvious who is the #1 RB.

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 04:06 PM
I don't. I think Joe didn't tell the whole story (and I'm ok with that). You really believe if one of your best players, say Fitz, has a bad practice, he's sitting him vs Alabama? I don't believe that.

But by taking care of this now we hopefully won't be having these issues by game 10 so it hopefully makes it a moot point.

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 04:09 PM
I edited my post but I'll respond. It's a long season. Obviously i'm not saying don't ever rush Fitzgerald but 19 rushes in his first game back when our senior runningback got zero. Come the **** on.

That's how Joe's offense is designed to work. I like having the QB as a running option. And it has zero to do with how we use Aeris or Aeris doing what he is supposed to off the field. The differnce is Joe's offense the QB runs more on reads and less on designed QB runs. Meaning the QB runs more when it's favorable and he takes less punishment vs. Dan's run it up in there like you're Earl Campbell mentality.

Cooterpoot
09-10-2018, 04:10 PM
But by taking care of this now we hopefully won't be having these issues by game 10 so it hopefully makes it a moot point.

I'm betting Aries aired his displeasure with the lack of carries. I can't see any coach changing QBs or LT or pulling Simmons because they have a bad practice. He's proving a point but it's not that you can't have bad practices. He's handling a problem. You believe is Hill has a bad practice he's sitting him in a big game? No way.

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 04:16 PM
That's how Joe's offense is designed to work. I like having the QB as a running option. And it has zero to do with how we use Aeris or Aeris doing what he is supposed to off the field. The differnce is Joe's offense the QB runs more on reads and less on designed QB runs. Meaning the QB runs more when it's favorable and he takes less punishment vs. Dan's run it up in there like you're Earl Campbell mentality.

I'm not saying don't run Fitzgerald. I will repeat. I am not saying don't run our running QB. I am saying give some love to Aeris. Some. Nick threw 468 shitty passes. Let Aeris run the ball some of those shitty passes. Fitzgerald ain't Aaron Rodgers and Johnny Football rolled into one.

Turfdawg67
09-10-2018, 04:18 PM
I'm betting Aries aired his displeasure with the lack of carries. I can't see any coach changing QBs or LT or pulling Simmons because they have a bad practice. He's proving a point but it's not that you can't have bad practices. He's handling a problem. You believe is Hill has a bad practice he's sitting him in a big game? No way.

Aeris is a pretty classy guy so I think it took a lot to get to this point... and it was probably necessary. I think Aeris is mature enough to get the message and work his tail off to get back on the field. I hope so at least.

RiverCityDawg
09-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Nick threw 468 shitty passes. Let Aeris run the ball some of those shitty passes.

Like Todd said, that's just not the way this works. To let Aeris run more you have to take Kylin out to put Aeris in and then get a look from the defense that creates the read to handoff to the running back. 1) Kylin needs to take as many snaps as possible. 2) Gibson only played a handful of snaps and some were at the very end. Would it have been nice to get Aeris those snaps? Sure, maybe. But it's just not as simple as giving Aeris carries instead of "shitty passes" from Fitz.

Dawg61
09-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Like Todd said, that's just not the way this works. To let Aeris run more you have to take Kylin out to put Aeris in and then get a look from the defense that creates the read to handoff to the running back. 1) Kylin needs to take as many snaps as possible. 2) Gibson only played a handful of snaps and some were at the very end. Would it have been nice to get Aeris those snaps? Sure, maybe. But it's just not as simple as giving Aeris carries instead of "shitty passes" from Fitz.

You think Moorhead has zero designed running plays for his RBs in his playbook then.

biggun
09-10-2018, 05:48 PM

No, he is not. Period. K Hill is but N Gibson - nope, not by a long shot

Bully13
09-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Fitz's run threat helps his RB's and vice versa with good play calling. Don't expect that to change.

biggun
09-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Also in Joe’s PC today he said that he had just met with A Williams and that he expects him to get carries this week and anticipates him having an excellent senior year.

Turfdawg67
09-10-2018, 06:00 PM
No, he is not. Period. K Hill is but N Gibson - nope, not by a long shot

I'm pretty sure he misspoke. I think he meant Kylin

msbulldog
09-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Words from the man's mouth.

STARKVILLE – Aeris Williams walked back to the visitor’s locker room with a smile on his face. Mississippi State had just rocked Kansas State 31-10. If you didn’t watch the game, you’d think the senior running back played a large role in the throttling from the way he was grinning.

He didn’t. He got benched.

Williams never touched the field. He only had two carries in MSU’s season opener against Stephen F. Austin the week prior. Williams ran for 1,107 yards on 236 carries in 2017. A year later, sophomore Kylin Hill has clearly surpassed Williams as State’s premier back, and Williams isn't helping his own cause.

Moorhead met with Williams Monday morning and told him to regroup and attack this week with a fresh mindset. Moorhead said holding Williams from the field against Kansas State was a result of a poor week of preparation both on and off the field.

“Playing time on Saturday is dictated by your performance during the week and accountability and all those things,” Moorhead said. “Based on this week’s body of work, we felt it was Kylin and Nick Gibson who did the best job and deserved the repetitions on the field.”

Hill has established himself as the featured back. He had 211 yards on 17 carries last week. Gibson only ran three times. Even if Williams gets back on track this week, it’s doubtful he’ll see the field enough against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette on Saturday to make the same sort of impact he made as a junior.

Still, Moorhead said he expects “big things” from Williams — even if those big things are much smaller than they were last year. The MSU coaching staff has made it clear that the Bulldogs will roll with the hot hand at running back. Right now, that’s Hill. He has shown a difference-making dynamism that suggests he’ll continue to secure a stranglehold at the position.

Which leaves Williams in a peculiar position. Moorhead said he believes Williams will be a playmaker in this offense down the line, but it’s hard for Williams to make plays when he’s not on the field. If all goes to plan, Williams will get more touches this week than he has in the first two. If it doesn't happen this week, though, it doesn't seem probable to happen any time in the foreseeable future.

“I expect him to have a great week and get a good amount of snaps and contribute in a positive manner,” Moorhead said. “Love him. Great kid. He’s going to have a great season moving forward.”

Turfdawg67
09-10-2018, 06:25 PM
"Love him. Great kid. He’s going to have a great season moving forward."

Sometimes adversity and life lessons are tough. I'm sure Aeris thought he was THE man this year and when JoMo named Hill the starter he felt slighted and disrespected. He sulked, pouted and ultimately sat on the bench. Like I said earlier, hopefully this is a wake up call and he helps the team the rest of the year.

klong-dog
09-10-2018, 09:09 PM
"Love him. Great kid. He’s going to have a great season moving forward."

Sometimes adversity and life lessons are tough. I'm sure Aeris thought he was THE man this year and when JoMo named Hill the starter he felt slighted and disrespected. He sulked, pouted and ultimately sat on the bench. Like I said earlier, hopefully this is a wake up call and he helps the team the rest of the year.

Yes, t totally agree with this. Let's hope AW works his butt off and gets some pt the rest of the way and he runs like wrecking ball between the tackles. I know it had to be tough once realizing he wasn't going to be starting, only natural to feel slighted. Hopefully he and coach worked it out and the A Train uses it as motivation the rest of the way.

Bully13
09-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Would like to see a 1-2 punch from both of these guys with Gibson getting touches too. Fresh Legs and shit.

Lance Harbor
09-10-2018, 11:04 PM
I get the sense that wild conjecture and lots of free time is your M.O.

I get the sense that most everyone this team has bought into Moorhead & his staff, but Aeris may be one of the few that has not.

tcdog70
09-11-2018, 10:54 AM
I'm not bitching about Kylin's carries. However our QB that broke his ankle 10 months ago got 19 carries while our 1,100 rusher got zero carries. It's odd. Quit acting like it's not odd to wonder what the **** is going on with Aeris.

it's not hard to figure out that Atrain hasn't done what is necessary to play. JOMO plays the Guy who works and is the best at their position. why is it odd that Fitz ran 19 times--that is what he does. JOMO said Aeris would be given the chance this week in practice to earn playing time. He said he expected Him to do so. when you put Fitz and Hill in the backfield with our OL the defense is in trouble.

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 11:31 AM
why is it odd that Fitz ran 19 times--that is what he does.

The same way it's odd to have your star pitcher throw 130 pitches in his first game back since Tommy John surgery 10 months ago.

BB30
09-11-2018, 11:41 AM
The same way it's odd to have your star pitcher throw 130 pitches in his first game back since Tommy John surgery 10 months ago.

Most pitchers come back and have rehab outings in the minors just as fitz had rehab outings in fall camp. If they felt he was 100% cut him lose.

Also as stated before a large majority of the amount of runs Fitz will have will be based on what the D is showing/giving him from week to week. I could be wrong but I would be willing to bet a decent amount of those runs weren't designed QB runs.

Dawg61
09-11-2018, 01:08 PM
Most pitchers come back and have rehab outings in the minors just as fitz had rehab outings in fall camp. If they felt he was 100% cut him lose.

Also as stated before a large majority of the amount of runs Fitz will have will be based on what the D is showing/giving him from week to week. I could be wrong but I would be willing to bet a decent amount of those runs weren't designed QB runs.

Note the score in this game when this happened. **Warning graphic injury**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xj46ypk67k