PDA

View Full Version : State/LSU Game time prediction... Need some help...

afranzo
09-10-2018, 12:01 PM
For yall who are good at "predicting/guessing" this let me know your thoughts.... what time do you think the kickoff will be?
We are trying to make the trip work with kids/family/life schedules that Saturday...

Week 8 Game Schedule
http://www.espn.com/college-football/scoreboard/_/year/2018/seasontype/2/week/8#

Thanks!

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 12:14 PM
It'll be a 2:30 or night game kickoff.

We'll know much more next Monday because the outcome of the LSU/Auburn game & Bama/OM game will give us a good bit of knowledge about the quality of the teams involved.

My early prediction is that it will be the best game of the day, but, depending on how Tennessee plays vs Florida, CBS will be chomping at the bit to make the Tennessee/Bama game the 2:30 game.

If you put a gun to my head, I'll say it is a 6:30 game on ESPN with Bama/TN at 2:30 & Auburn/Ole Miss either at 11:00 or on ESPN2 at 6:30.

gravedigger
09-10-2018, 12:19 PM
It'll be a 2:30 or night game kickoff.

We'll know much more next Monday because the outcome of the LSU/Auburn game & Bama/OM game will give us a good bit of knowledge about the quality of the teams involved.

My early prediction is that it will be the best game of the day, but, depending on how Tennessee plays vs Florida, CBS will be chomping at the bit to make the Tennessee/Bama game the 2:30 game.

If you put a gun to my head, I'll say it is a 6:30 game on ESPN with Bama/TN at 2:30 & Auburn/Ole Miss either at 11:00 or on ESPN2 at 6:30.

CBS do love them some UT Bama games. I wouldnt pretend to think that CBS will pick our game with LSU simply because they may base it on fanbases alone. BUT, if UT continues to get worse, they may opt for our game with LSU to grab a more national audience. LSU wanting the game at night might also affect it.

We shall see.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 12:24 PM
CBS do love them some UT Bama games. I wouldnt pretend to think that CBS will pick our game with LSU simply because they may base it on fanbases alone. BUT, if UT continues to get worse, they may opt for our game with LSU to grab a more national audience. LSU wanting the game at night might also affect it.

We shall see.

Agree. Last week I would've said there was no chance that Tennessee would be good enough for that game to be the 2:30 game, but, after seeing how bad Florida is, I'm not sure that Tennessee won't beat them at home & thus CBS will show a mass murder vs Bama for ratings rather than picking the best game, which will be MSU vs LSU

Johnson85
09-10-2018, 12:36 PM
For yall who are good at "predicting/guessing" this let me know your thoughts.... what time do you think the kickoff will be?
We are trying to make the trip work with kids/family/life schedules that Saturday...

Week 8 Game Schedule
http://www.espn.com/college-football/scoreboard/_/year/2018/seasontype/2/week/8#

Thanks!

You can probably bet on Bama v. UT being the 2:30 game over a 5-2 LSU team v. a 5-1 MSU team. If LSU is 6-1 and MSU 6-0, then I think that becomes a much less safe bet. If UT avoids being an obvious dumpster fire by that point, they would still probably get the nod.
Good luck with that. If TN wasn't a dumpster fire, you could pretty safely bet on Bama v. UT. I'd still bet on that if I had to guess, but

afranzo
10-08-2018, 08:51 AM
We still thinking it will be the 6:30 game? They announce today around noon don't they?

Jack Lambert
10-08-2018, 09:22 AM
I am waiting as well. If it is a late game I will get a hotel Saturday night. I suspect after GA whips their asses Saturday some rooms will come open for the next Saturday. If a early game I will drive down Saturday Morning and Drive home after. I am really hoping for a early game. I would be very happy with 11:00.

Jack Lambert
10-08-2018, 09:39 AM
We still thinking it will be the 6:30 game? They announce today around noon don't they?

Unless they use that six day option.

fishwater99
10-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Night game in Death Valley.

Dawgology
10-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Here's to hoping it's the night game or I will miss it due to project meetings all day...ugh!

Cooterpoot
10-08-2018, 10:09 AM
6:00 game. Bama/TN gets 2:30.

Leroy Jenkins
10-08-2018, 11:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Do_1kedXUAY93Ma.jpg

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2018, 11:49 AM
6:00 game. Bama/TN gets 2:30.

Just ridiculous. It's terrible for the conference.

I get the ratings perspective, but it erodes the brand when the product is so terrible. Just bad