PDA

View Full Version : All MSU Offensive Plays vs K-State in 17 Min

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 10:49 AM
I thought this was pretty cool for those of you that don't want to watch a full replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Fvz-mAqTY

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 10:53 AM
- Fitz needs to learn to master the fake slide & keep running move. Watch how he slow down right before sliding & studder steps. If he would learn to do that & then just keep running, due to the defense quitting, I think he could turn a few of those into a big play or get some targeting flags when he does slide due to defenders fearing that he'll keep running.

He needs to save that move for SEC games though

- Kylin has crazy acceleration. Look at his speed compared to the defenders. He accelerates past them.

- Our running game will be better than 2017 & Fitz will run for a million yards because the defense has to take Kylin on the zone read. While Aeris is a really good RB, he isn't the fear to hit a HR like Kylin is. I think defenses could take Fitz more on the zone read because they didn't fear the outcome with Aeris. But with Kylin, they have no choice. If they take Fitz & he gives it to Kylin, there's a good chance Kylin hits his head on the goal post.

- I love Guidry's acceleration. We've got to get him the ball more. Needs to be a point of emphasis

- Kylin needs to be more physical in pass blocking.

Jack Lambert
09-10-2018, 10:58 AM
One thing I don't agree with was the off setting penalty when they were off sides and we had ineligible reliever down field. The off sides came first and a free play should be a free play.

mparkerfd20
09-10-2018, 11:00 AM
LOL... Ah HELL NAW at 00:46:00

TrapGame
09-10-2018, 11:04 AM
One thing I don't agree with was the off setting penalty when they were off sides and we had ineligible reliever down field. The off sides came first and a free play should be a free play.

I agree. A free play is a free play.

Jack Lambert
09-10-2018, 11:08 AM
You have to give our WR's credit for the blocking down field.

mparkerfd20
09-10-2018, 11:26 AM
If we can start completing some of those passes tho.... Watching back through there were a LOT more drops than I originally thought. They were bullets, but some still should have been caught.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 11:38 AM
If we can start completing some of those passes tho.... Watching back through there were a LOT more drops than I originally thought. They were bullets, but some still should have been caught.

Fitz looked jumpy in the pocket to me. I think as he plays more & settles down, the game will slow down for him & he'll get much better. We forget that this game was his first game in a new offense & likely the first time since his injury that he's been eligible to be hit by the defense.

TrapGame
09-10-2018, 11:49 AM
I look for this offense to really start clicking in the Kentucky game. ULL will be his second game and another warm up.

smootness
09-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Fitz will get more comfortable in the offense. But I think his flaws when passing will continue to be there. The primary issues for him are:

1) Not setting his feet and stepping into throws. He throws off-balance and falling away way too much.
2) Throwing too late. He needs to anticipate better and not wait until a guy is clearly open to throw. Because usually that window closes by the time the ball gets there.
3) Throwing with more touch and more air. There were a bunch of passes that would have been easily completed if he threw a hair earlier and put more air under it.

sscjr1
09-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Bump

BB30
09-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Fitz will get more comfortable in the offense. But I think his flaws when passing will continue to be there. The primary issues for him are:

1) Not setting his feet and stepping into throws. He throws off-balance and falling away way too much.
2) Throwing too late. He needs to anticipate better and not wait until a guy is clearly open to throw. Because usually that window closes by the time the ball gets there.
3) Throwing with more touch and more air. There were a bunch of passes that would have been easily completed if he threw a hair earlier and put more air under it.

Yep, the only ball he put touch on all day was the one he needed to put a little more on to Guidry in the endzone. I feel like touch is something you should be able to learn to do and for some reason he hasn't figured it out. I could be wrong on that as I never played QB but I feel like you should be able to really work on that with as many reps as these guys get during the summer and season.

msu15
09-10-2018, 03:56 PM
LOL... Ah HELL NAW at 00:46:00

Yep I heard it during the game lol. Looking at it, correct call by the ref. Darryl jumped early

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 04:02 PM

I actually agree with you for once. Only took 12,337 posts.

Also agree with Shotgun as well. It's like Fitz just indiscriminately throws the ball as far as he can even if that means that it's 15 yards beyond the WR on deep balls.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2018, 04:08 PM
I actually agree with you for once. Only took 12,337 posts.

Also agree with Shotgun as well. It's like Fitz just indiscriminately throws the ball as far as he can even if that means that it's 15 yards beyond the WR on deep balls.

Here's the thingamajiga, we averaged 8.2 yards per play vs K-State while, for perspective, Auburn averaged 7.8 yards per play vs Alabama State. We absolutely whipped Kansas State's ass & the scoreboard really didn't indicate that.

If Fitz can just be an average passer, I believe we have an elite team on hands here folks. The stats are beginning to build that way.

Bully13
09-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Seems like our OL missed too many blocks at times letting pass rushers in untouched. Ok, that's my bitch comment for the day.