PDA

View Full Version : After a full day to process. The best about MSU

Lord McBuckethead
09-09-2018, 10:15 PM
After a day to process the game and look it over another time, I can tell you, we are going to be awesome when the offense starts clicking. Everyone wants to think we are going to throw the ball like Tamua. We may. Got to give the offense a few games to get in sync.

1. Moorhead and Co will get the penalties cleaned up.
2. Kylin is going to get better. He is red hot right now, but when the passing gets going, he will be even better. His play has been phenominal, but imagine if dbs have to worry about getting beat. Lbers having to worry about getting out of position. We have the QB as a runner. We have WR that can burn you. Kylin versus Dline only could get nasty.
3. The deep ball is going to get there. I believe Penn State guys took 4 games to really get going. I say by Kentucky we will have better execution. I am calling it now, Fitz will have 55% + completion percentage with at least 2 50+ yard tds this week.
4. I hope Kylin is restricted on his carries this week. I want to see the offense work through Aeris. I also want to keep the carries off of Kylin until Kentucky.

5. Most important element to all of this, we have tons of capacity to improve. Defense has opportunities to get much better, and the offense in passing. I am really excited to see it happen.

Pit Bull
09-09-2018, 11:51 PM
I thought we played very well vs KState. Passing could improve and probably needs to. I think it will. Our defense is special....maybe as good as 1980 when we held BAMA to 3 pts. Looking forward to seeing how they do against a SEC BlueBlood!! I think I would try to work on passing against ULL and work out some kinks.....plus play as many backups as we can in the 2nd half. Would love to see Mayden and Burnett get some more reps. The more KT, Mayden, and Burnett can play this year, the better off we will be next year at the QB spot.

Todd4State
09-10-2018, 12:07 AM
1. Yes. I agree. It seems more communication/lining up stuff than anything. Also that crew was horse****. They're the same crew that we had for the Egg Bowl- who basically allowed all kinds of cheap shots while calling ticky tack BS against us.

2. Kylin is special.

3. The four game thing is another reason why I am mad at Nick for getting suspended. That basically puts us into the Florida game instead of the Kentucky game as far as the learning curve goes. Nick probably would have looked better yesterday had he played against Stephen F Austin as well- he would have gotten his first contact and gotten at least a game against a FCS defense to work some things out. I think it hurts as far as perception goes- there is a difference between beating someone like K-State 31-10 and beating them 45-10 in the eyes of the voters and the committee. That said, I agree that he will get it going if for no other reason than random luck says we're going to complete some. I want to see big time improvement in the passing game this upcoming week.

4. Not if Aeris is really hurt. I'm not a big fan of restricting touches because you don't know how the game is going to play out. I'm more of a play three quarters kind of guy.

5. Not really sure how much better the defense can play. Maybe better luck on turnovers? Again keeping the clown show officiating crew away from MSU would help there.

1bigdawg
09-10-2018, 09:31 AM
If Aeris has a tender ankle, then it would make sense to hold him out, but to dress him for the game in case he is needed. Therefore, I believe that to be the situation.

BigEasyDawg
09-10-2018, 09:46 AM
That fact that we clearly have areas for improvement yet still appeared to be so dominant on Saturday on the road in a somewhat tough environment gives me a lot of optimism for this team going forward.

Dental Dawg33
09-10-2018, 09:57 AM
That fact that we clearly have areas for improvement yet still appeared to be so dominant on Saturday on the road in a somewhat tough environment gives me a lot of optimism for this team going forward.

This all day. We looked good, not great. Which in no way is me downing the game bc we were still dominant. The fumble that got overturned (extremely questionable call and that’s me being nice) was a 3 point gift and the poorly thrown int by Fitz that lead to 7 were the only points our defense gave up. Point is, our defense was 2 flukes away from pitching a shut out. And our run game? It’s just flat out nasty, Kylin is special but it starts with the big boys. Boy oh boy if the deep threat starts clicking, which it should bc the receivers are there and open often, then we are going to absolute hell on wheels.

msudawglb
09-10-2018, 10:04 AM
This all day. We looked good, not great. Which in no way is me downing the game bc we were still dominant. The fumble that got overturned (extremely questionable call and that’s me being nice) was a 3 point gift and the poorly thrown int by Fitz that lead to 7 were the only points our defense gave up. Point is, our defense was 2 flukes away from pitching a shut out. And our run game? It’s just flat out nasty, Kylin is special but it starts with the big boys. Boy oh boy if the deep threat starts clicking, which it should bc the receivers are there and open often, then we are going to absolute hell on wheels.

If the refs make the right call on that sack/fumble and Fitz doesn't force a pass when he's getting pressured, we beat KState 31-0. And yes, that's when Fitz missed a couple TD passes and hit 41% of his passes.

munk_munk92
09-10-2018, 10:07 AM
I don't think people realize how impressive that win really was. Go back and look at their history and see how many times they lose at home. They don't lose at home. The ones they did were usually within a touchdown. I'm talking about playoff contender Oklahoma couldn't blow them out. And even more impressive is we didn't play our best offensively. When we tighten up the pass game, look out. We could very well be in the SEC championship game. We left 2 touchdowns on the field Saturday and it was still a blowout. This team returned a lot of players from a 8-4 team last year. They will probably end up with that record or better this year.

TXDawg
09-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Williams doesn't have a hurt ankle. See the updated ankle thread to now include comments from Moorhead on SEC This Morning.

Basically said he's fine and playing time is based on practice during the week leading up to the game. This week Hill was #1 and Gibson was #2. Said next week Williams will be back in the mix and we'll see what happens.

TheCoach34
09-10-2018, 11:19 AM
We are going to be fine. Fitz got off to a slow start but i think thats to be expected from someone in his situation. He improved over the course of the game and thats all you can ask for. Kylin put it on his shoulders but like has been mentioned above once we get the passing going its open season on defenses, two headed dragon. Fitz can still haul ass and we will have them guessing every down.