PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Peters on CJM

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Best thing that ever happen to me and my teammates having him as our coach.

Bass Chaser
09-09-2018, 02:31 PM
One of the things Moorhead said that has stuck out to me is "Be demanding without being demeaning".

Yesterday when Abrams was ejected him and Moorhead were talking and you could read Abrams lips apologizing.

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2018, 02:35 PM
"Be demanding without being demeaning". .

Dude has a slogan for every situation in life. It's incredible

Commercecomet24
One of the things Moorhead said that has stuck out to me is "Be demanding without being demeaning".

Yesterday when Abrams was ejected him and Moorhead were talking and you could read Abrams lips apologizing.

Exactly! You can be a disciplinarian and get your point across without being an ass.

RocketDawg

Yeah, it wasn't a Mullen reaction to be certain.

maroonmania
09-09-2018, 04:13 PM
CJM is a great coach but probably even a better man. I was amazed when I went to the Road Dawgs tour the number of PSU fans that came to the gathering just because they had so much adoration and respect for Coach Moorhead.

Bully13
09-09-2018, 04:15 PM
We out flanked UF & UT in the coaching hires this go round. Let that sink in.

viverlibre
09-09-2018, 05:28 PM

When we hired Mullen, we outflanked several higher profile teams also, but let's give him at least a season and full recruiting cycle before making judgements.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2018, 05:40 PM
CJM is a great coach but probably even a better man. I was amazed when I went to the Road Dawgs tour the number of PSU fans that came to the gathering just because they had so much adoration and respect for Coach Moorhead.

I concur. He's in a tremendously cut throat business where a lot of coaches trample others to get to the top. For him to have so many that appear to truly love him is a sign of the mans character and integrity .

Dolphus Raymond
09-09-2018, 08:12 PM

Yes, we did. Again, my in-depth knowledge about football is rather limited but I am really impressed with our coach. I was VERY disappointed when CDM left but I really think we came out on top.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2018, 08:30 PM

I saw that and then gave him a hug. The way Mullen talked to players he could get his teeth knock out by that crew he has playing for him.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2018, 08:31 PM
Yes, we did. Again, my in-depth knowledge about football is rather limited but I am really impressed with our coach. I was VERY disappointed when CDM left but I really think we came out on top.

I wonder if Mullen would have happier if the Fl job came opened one year later. He would be coaching a hell of a football team and making the same money but now he just lost to KY and their fans are not happy.

Bully13
09-09-2018, 09:15 PM
I'll never forget how much Mullen turned the team around year 1 at State. that was the best 5-7 team I've ever seen. I hadn't seen a MSU team man handle LSU in the trenches since the John Bond days (even though LSU squeaked by us, game still pisses me off to this day) The Houston game as well, shoulda won.

Something is wrong with Mullen and the UF program it appears. Looks like this honeymoon is not going to be as good as his first one.

TXDawg
09-09-2018, 10:04 PM
I told this story shortly after Moorhead was hired and I think it’s worth repeating now:

A girl I went to high school with has a son that played for Moorhead at Fordham. She is a die-hard LSU fan. The day after we hired Moorhead, I reached out to her on FB to get her opinion on Moorhead. Her comment was something to the effect of “While I can’t do it in Tiger Stadium because I’d likely get killed, I’m going to wear maroon this season and pull for Coach Joe to win. Y’all got a great one.”

As an equally interesting follow up, I attended the Houston Road Dawg Tour and got to talk to Coach for a couple of minutes. I mentioned that I knew this kid’s mom and told him what she had said. Not only did he remember the kid and his family, he also related a story to me about how he wanted to hire the kid as a Grad Assistant when he got our HC job. He knew the kid was pursuing a successful (non-football related career) and actually called the mom to ask her permission to offer the kid a job before talking to the kid. He was afraid the kid would accept and it would make his mom mad. In the end, mom gave permission, but the kid declined because it would mean too much of a pay cut.

More and more it appears as though Moorhead is “one of the good ones”.

Bubb Rubb
09-09-2018, 10:48 PM
When we hired Mullen, we outflanked several higher profile teams also, but let's give him at least a season and full recruiting cycle before making judgements.

He's already proven to recruit better than Mullen. I don't know what you're waiting for.

Foram
09-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Fordham alum and newly minted a State fan here (easier to root for you guys than Penn State). Peters has bought in Moorhead seems to have a knack for getting guys to buy in and the results speak for themselves. You have a tremendous coach down there. Watching DVR of K State game now and I’ll be rooting for you guys all year.

Here is one of my favorite articles on Moorhead from his days at Fordham (coach not QB). Some of may sound familiar.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/28/sports/ncaafootball/fordham-finds-key-to-success-and-drills-it-home.html

Commercecomet24
09-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Fordham alum and newly minted a State fan here (easier to root for you guys than Penn State). Peters has bought in Moorhead seems to have a knack for getting guys to buy in and the results speak for themselves. You have a tremendous coach down there. Watching DVR of K State game now and I’ll be rooting for you guys all year.

Here is one of my favorite articles on Moorhead from his days at Fordham (coach not QB). Some of may sound familiar.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/28/sports/ncaafootball/fordham-finds-key-to-success-and-drills-it-home.html

Thanks for sharing that! Great article! Love Coach JoMo!

hacker
09-10-2018, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the link. Hadn't seen that before.

bostondawg
09-11-2018, 06:05 AM
Thanks for sharing that! Great article! Love Coach JoMo!

Up north with a beanie Moorhead looked like a salty sea-hardened sailor. Lol.