PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Snyder Always Covers at Home My Ass Edition

Coach34
09-09-2018, 10:01 AM
1. Sorry Bo and Bartoo- I loaded the wagon on the Bulldogs yesterday. I knew K-State wasnt ready for what we were going to give them. And stop with the Dan Mullen will win big at Florida. No he isnt. He will be the same guy he was at State. They arent going to give him the time to become a "developmental program". That's the only type he knows how to run. Altho.....Altho....if he gets Hurts at Christmas like they are trying to do- that would certainly help him a helluva lot and speed up things.

2. Yes I'm "Mr. I Told You So". How about Hill? Staff has been raving about him since they got here. He fits this offense perfectly. Enjoy him while he is here because 2019 will be his last in maroon and white. Easily an early entry guy into the draft. I'm not buying the #26 has ankle injury story. I saw a guy pouting on the sideline. Guys unable to play usually dont dress. Not always- but usually. What's sad is that if Mullen was still here- Hill would be the back-up. That is where you see the coaching difference in Mullen vs JoMo- Mullen likes to go with the known, safe play. Be as mistake-free as possible and minimize risk. JoMo is the high-risk, high reward guy. JoMo is willing to live with a mistake here and there to get the home run ball. Gibson is also more explosive than Aeris- something to watch there moving forward. Do we want steady- or do we want explosive?

3. Fitz was too hyped up in the 1st Q. He was throwing Nolan Ryan fastballs at the WR's. He had a couple of drops from them as usual- but overall he struggled some. He has got to improve and get the deep balls more on target. He would have had a TD pass to Guidry in the corner of the end zone but the ball was late- allowing the DB to get a paw on it. I will say that both Fitz and Key have had to throw a wet ball in both of their outings- which doesnt help the passing game. Fitz made 2 great throws Saturday- one to Green for a 5-6 yard gain to avoid a sack- and then the TD on the RPO to Williams. Just need some consistency. I do like our offense tho as it creates more explosive plays. So we may see some inconsistency most of the season- but overcome it with explosive plays. Curious to see it all play out.

4. What a dominant run performance from the OL. 36 carries/370 yards from Fitz and Hill. So much for the "Moorhead doesnt run the QB" mantra. That is stupid good vs a P5 defense. Over 10 ypc. Fitz leg is fine and his explosion is there. He hit a couple of runs down the middle just as he always did. He was more careful about contact tho- which was expected. Hill being so good- along with a very good OL- makes the zone read so hard to stop against us. We are getting push from the OL and Hill runs thru arm tackles by DE's trying to play him and Fitz. We are going to force DE's to make a hard take on either the TB or the QB because they cant do both on a guy like Hill. We also have the slot WR bubbling on the ZR which forces the overhang (OLB or SS) to choose between taking the QB or going with the slot. We hit the slot on the ZR in the 4th Q when the overhang came down on Fitz and got a good play out of it.
Our pass pro needs to get better. Wasnt happy there. We left the inside open a couple of times. Fitz wont get away from SEC LB's. Got to clean that up. We release the TB in routes alot more than the previous coach did- so we have to be perfect in protection- as far as knowing who to get. Sometimes you get beat and there is nothing you can do about it- but knowing who to pick up has to be near perfect.

5. I hate the way we bleed the clock with all the "check with me's" we do. We are leaving the OL in their stances too long. Let's go. Got to speed that up a little. I know we had 538 yards and dominated offensively- but we left alot out there bleeding clock and having the OL in their stances too long- draining those legs. We had to burn a couple of time-outs because of it. We only ran 66 plays. 39 runs/27 passes with the last 3 runs being to run out the clock.

6. The DL is the best in the country. The color guy on the broadcast agreed with me saying we had the deepest DL in the country. He acknowledged Clemson's draft projections with their 1st DL- but then said they werent as deep as us. No doubt about it. After watching A&M put up 500 yards on Clemson- I'm even more convinced our DL is better. 4 more sacks and 8 TFL's for our D. We lead the country in TFL's right now and I dont see us dropping very far. Can't believe K-State only got 1 holding call- they should have had 6-7 of them. Rivers got held 3 plays in a row in one stretch. Sweat almost got stripped naked on one play. Glad to see that Fletcher Adams sighting. Just an amazing group we have this season. The white QB had had enough at the end. You could see it in his face. Won't be the last time we see that look this season by an opposing QB.

7. Our strength coach looks like he is damn good. Hill isnt the only player that changed his body. We look to be in great shape and are so physical. We are the hammers- not the nails.

8. Too many penalties- but not all on the coaches. Coaches cant do anything about a dumbass that forgets he is on the XP/FG team. Happens too often. Or there are times a player gets hurt and the ST coach doesnt know about it- and that player's sub doesnt know to go in. Those happen. But the illegal formations, false starts, delay of games have to stop. That does need to be cleaned up- and quickly.

9. Abram is a damn missile. He was making every damn tackle on kickoff. He almost killed their QB but the guy got down just in time by a split second. He is going to get drafted very high come April. That said- expect him to miss some game time this season because Saturday won't be the last time he gets a targeting call. Knocking the piss out of people is in his DNA and those things are hard to change.

10. I love Shoop's aggressiveness. It's going to create alot of havoc for other teams. Make sure and watch how teams try to hurt us on screens- because that is one of the ways to attempt to slow us down. We also need to stop playing so soft on the back end on blitzes- teams are going to hitch/slant us to death on them if we dont. Make them hit something deep- it's a harder throw those accurately under pressure.

11. Awful coverage on kickoffs. K-State started past the 30 all day. Kick the damn thing deep and just give them the 25 instead of being cute and trying to get a few extra yards. Also keeps people from getting hurt when you limit returns. I dont like having CB's like Peters returning kicks either- he got popped and had to come out. That is too important of a position for us to possibly lose someone that way. I know he has playmaking ability- but let's go with Mixon, Dear, or Thomas instead. We have depth in the slot.

12. I'm so ready for September 29th.

Hail State

DownwardDawg
09-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Great write up. I enjoyed reading that.

Roy Munson
09-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Good read. I was watching the game at a buds house with a bunch of different folks that are fans of a bunch of different teams from ole miss, LSU, UF, usm, etc. Within the first few minutes said 38 will be kicked out a minimum of 3 games this year. Text it in my family group text too. Later on I text back and said that's 1. The dude is an absolute savage.

The penalties and fitz still throwing a dart on deep balls instead of putting a little air under it are what concern me. Ole miss qb drops dimes with incredible touch. That guy concerns me. If fitz had that touch, he'd be the first pick taken in the draft.

Overall an ass whooping that I expected. Good day for the dawgs. Oh, and screw Donnie Merlinzzzzz...

grinnindawg
09-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks.

Hopefully Abram can learn to keep his head up. He is so fast and has no sense of self preservation.

Agree with the kick teams. Both CBs hurt on kicks, shouldn't be out there.

thf24
09-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Great write up Coach, no disagreements.

I'm not normally not one for I-told-you-so's, but just for the record, I was called an idiot about 6 months ago for suggesting Aeris could potentially fall to 3rd back. Despite what it might seem like from other threads, I really have nothing against Aeris. He's a great dawg. But some of us are way too caught up in stats in the context of playing in a zone read offense next to the eventual all-time leading QB rusher in SEC history, plus a dose of Stockholm Syndrome after 9 years under a guy arrogant and egotistical enough to believe seniority > talent in his system.

Couldn't believe the lack of attentiveness of the officiating yesterday. Worse than missing the holding to me was missing a few blatant offsides, one of which cost us a 4th down conversion. How do you miss that when you've got a guy looking down the line whose only job at the snap is to watch for that?

The single most encouraging coaching move I saw yesterday was the play call on the 3rd and 17 at some point in the first half. Where Mullen would have called QB draw or power for 5-7 yards and a punt, JoMo dialed up a drag underneath to Guidry and picked it up, keeping the drive alive and leading to a score. Single events like that are going to add up to significantly more success under him.

msstate7
09-09-2018, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure I remember a rb at state with more upside than hill. He seems to be just as much of HR hitter as Norwood, but delivers one hell of a pop too... hard to tackle. He is unbelievable. His pass blocking is awful though. How quickly can that be learned? I really don't wanna see him picking up blitzes vs LSU, auburn, or bama

Behrdawg
09-09-2018, 10:42 AM
Good write-up. Glad to see Sunday morning QB back.

thf24
09-09-2018, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure I remember a rb at state with more upside than hill. He seems to be just as much of HR hitter as Norwood, but delivers one hell of a pop too... hard to tackle. He is unbelievable. His pass blocking is awful though. How quickly can that be learned? I really don't wanna see him picking up blitzes vs LSU, auburn, or bama

I'd like to think if he can just consistently learn to lay a good chip as he goes out on a route that that will be good enough for JoMo's offense. I think we're a little spoiled by Aeris in that regard; not many RB's out there who can consistently singlehandedly stonewall a DE like he can. Yet that's what Mullen's blocking scheme asked the RB's to do, which is why I never fully discounted the idea that more talented RB's couldn't get on the field due to blocking ability.

dawgday166
09-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Good write up. No matter what anyone says you know football and call it pretty square relative to what we do well and don't do well.

Hill is very good, tho tackles he was breaking yesterday weren't Bama backers & safeties. He does need to improve pass pro too.

Not sure I'm as optimistic as you are on the passing game just yet. Gotta get a lot better there and in a hurry too. I'm a huge Fitz fan but he has to work on some reads, throws, etc. I'm hopeful at least the reads start clicking over next couple of games. The throws ... I'm hopeful but becoming less optimistic on some of those. In his defense some too, he was under more duress yesterday than he should've been. Oline does need to tighten up on pass pro. Liked the fact that JoMo went with what was working to put this game out of reach. Shows he will go with what's working best.

Also, our CBs haven't played any real competition yet, so hard to tell. Would like to see us disguise blitzes more often and better too.

I also noticed Abrams making every tackle on KOs. I'm with you on kicking it deep and giving it to them on 25. Without Abrams our KO coverage would've given up some big plays.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 10:53 AM
3. JoMo said in the postgame presser (3:30 mark, I think) that the target for called QB runs was 15-20. Add in 5 scramble plays and you're at 20-25 runs per game for Fitz. You're absolutely right, all this offseason talk of how moorhead won't run Fitz as much was dead wrong. Fact of the matter is that you use a player in the way he will help the team, and until Fitz can consistently make his throws, the way he helps the team is with his legs.

5. The "check with me's" are a core part of the O. Get to the line quick, make the D show their hand, get the corrects play dialed up, and snap. It means you have the correct play called 90% of the time instead of 50%. So what if we snap it 15 seconds later? It might be 15 more seconds their D can breath but the same applies for our D so it's not a total loss on that front. The delays of game are a problem, but that'll get cleaned up with reps.

8. I agree with, but these are issues that are really easy to resolve. I disagree with the problem needing to be resolved "fast", we have ULL next week and if we have to play a completely clean game to beat Kentucky something's wrong. Moorhead addressed the penalties in the presser so I'm sure it'll be fixed before then though

10. Only problem I have so far with Shoops D is that I worry it's too "basic" to catch top SEC teams protections off guard. 4 down lineman, then 2 LBs and Brian Cole from the Nickel are the only ways to bring pressure. 4-2 means everyone has a defined spot more than in a 3-4, and I think that makes it harder to hide where you're coming from. If we bring Cole the S has to cheat down to cover Coles' man, and that will be seen pre-snap by a good QB. 2 LBs can roam but the OL+RB will know where they'll be coming from when it's snapped. I just feel that 3-4 stand up LBs are more flexible than 2. Either way though, with this DL playing it safe in the back end with 5 DBs is probably for the best. Give up a few 10-20 yard runs and passes but the DL will make a play and kill the drive before they get in scoring range. It's not as fun to watch as Granthams D but it'll keep points off the board

11. 100% agree with. We can't kick it deep, we can't cover well, we apparently touched a punt costing 15 yards of roll, Mixon fielded a punt when he should have fair caught it, FG unit was a mess and got 2 delay of games, Abram is making dumb penalties... The Brian Cole return was the only bright spot. I really though with Joey Jones as the ST coach and Moorhead saying 'all THREE phases of the game' every chance he got that it would be our special edge, but right now it looks like our Achilles heel. Gotta clean up a lot, though I'm not ready to pull the plug on Christmann and I feel confident we'll return a few for TDs with the guys we have catching it. i think the same thing about playing our irreplaceable CBs on ST.

Agreed with the others too. Nice write up

Cowbell
09-09-2018, 10:59 AM
Enjoyed this read. I totally agree.

hailmari
09-09-2018, 11:04 AM
Big agree on #5. That was driving me nuts in game 1. It didn’t seem as bad yesterday with Fitz, but it’s still going to cause us some trouble at some point.

1bigdawg
09-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Special Teams - If our kickoff coverage does not improve, we will get burned two or three times for TDs this year. We have a timeout because someone did not know to go out onto the field? We have a full time, on the field special teams coach for the first time and this is what we get? Time for a re-assessment there.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 11:29 AM
Big agree on #5. That was driving me nuts in game 1. It didn’t seem as bad yesterday with Fitz, but it’s still going to cause us some trouble at some point.

Checking to the sideline is a critical part of the O. You have 2 options: 1) call a play, rush to the line, run the play regardless of what the D is showing, the success of the play is complete luck. 2) call a play, rush to the line to make the D line up, adjust the play accordingly, run the play with 80+% chance of success. All it costs you is 15 seconds extra between snaps and -for the fist few games- some delay of games. Moorhead knows what he's doing guys...

Coach34
09-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Checking to the sideline is a critical part of the O. You have 2 options: 1) call a play, rush to the line, run the play regardless of what the D is showing, the success of the play is complete luck. 2) call a play, rush to the line to make the D line up, adjust the play accordingly, run the play with 80+% chance of success. All it costs you is 15 seconds extra between snaps and -for the fist few games- some delay of games. Moorhead knows what he's doing guys...

You will also see defenses audible as well. Saban, Aranda, and Steele know what they are doing as well.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 11:38 AM
You will also see defenses audible as well. Saban, Aranda, and Steele know what they are doing as well.

Are you seriously saying that we should just go to the line and snap a random play? That's never been what JoMo has done anywhere

TaleofTwoDogs
09-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Good analysis. Post more.

3. Fitz was pressing way too much. His 50 yard + throws were darts, need more touch less power.

5. The "check with me" is happening way to much for a 5th year senior QB. Trust your QB. That 15 seconds allows the D to adjust too, works both ways. Read the defense, run the play.

7. It's not often that we look physically stronger than our competition but I think we match up well with the other SEC West teams from what I have seen so far this season. That's a good thing.

11. Need a stronger leg on kick offs. I guess we have been spoiled these last few years with so many touchbacks. This needs to happen again if we have the leg among our kickers.

Coach34
09-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Are you seriously saying that we should just go to the line and snap a random play? That's never been what JoMo has done anywhere

No. We ran check with me's with Mullen also. I'm saying that you dont have to do check with me's on all 66 offensive plays. Playcalls are never random- they are done with a thought process to set up something or attack a weakness. Sometimes you have to trust the call. Veteran QB's can see when you are in a bad play and check to something else- or look to the sideline for call- it just doesnt have to be done 66 times every Saturday

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 11:55 AM
No. We ran check with me's with Mullen also. I'm saying that you dont have to do check with me's on all 66 offensive plays. Playcalls are never random- they are done with a thought process to set up something or attack a weakness. Sometimes you have to trust the call. Veteran QB's can see when you are in a bad play and check to something else- or look to the sideline for call- it just doesnt have to be done 66 times every Saturday

Ah that makes more sense. You're not against the checks as a general trend, just as a hard rule that's never deviated from. I'm sure that JoMo will let the QB snap it fast if the QB likes what he sees, in that Bill Connelly article on JoMo giving the QB decision making freedom was a key part of the O. However, it's game 2 and the first game for Fitz; he simply doesn't have a grasp yet on the O, so until he gets more familiar with it they'll probably be putting more of the decisions on Moorhead and just asking Fitz to execute the plays. If we keep putting up 500 yards a game I don't really care either way though

shoeless joe
09-09-2018, 12:02 PM
If you think aeris was pouting on the sideline you saw wrong. Not the way he goes about things. The fact that Gibson played and aeris didn't tells me he may very well be banged up. In fact I saw him go congratulate hill twice after TDs.

Also, even tho you are correct on our d line please don't use those dumbass announcers to validate your stance. They may be the dumbest humans on the planet.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 12:11 PM
If you think aeris was pouting on the sideline you saw wrong. Not the way he goes about things. The fact that Gibson played and aeris didn't tells me he may very well be banged up. In fact I saw him go congratulate hill twice after TDs.

Also, even tho you are correct on our d line please don't use those dumbass announcers to validate your stance. They may be the dumbest humans on the planet.

People see what they want to see. What about Aeris; face was "pouting"? When did B team announcers talking up the team they're currently covering become expert level analysis? People craft narratives in their head then look for evidence to confirm it

JoseBrown
09-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Great write up, I missed reading your analysis. I haven't read thru the entire board yet, just two threads so far. No mention of the fumble recovery taken away, because we Absolutely plastered that qb and both his arms chicken-winged causing the fumble. I loved that blindside hit! This defense is gonna give us a lot more of that too. We got some beasts on both sides of the ball. Too bad the refs decided he was attempting a pass and gave it back to them. Which I strongly disagree.

Since so much is said about missing blocks, I'll give Mixon credit for causing Fitz not to get another rushing TD. I couldn't believe he didn't make that block. Almost like he was trying to get separation to catch a pass... I wish we would put Mixon or Thomas back there on kr also. Hated seeing Peters have to come out like that. He's pretty important on d.

Fitz was way amped in the first half, at least the first quarter for sure. After halftime he threw it well, except for one or two most. He threw away two balls, everything else was caught. Obviously, we ran it most of the second half, but judging by his throws in the second half I think he'll be ok.

After watching the rest of the games yesterday, I don't see us having any sure losses the rest of the way if Moorhead's offense improves as it should. We may get beat by Bama or AU or whatever, but they gonna have to earn it. I'm excited about this group. From what I've been told they are pretty excited and confident themselves, which can only be a good thing.

BuckyIsAB****
09-09-2018, 12:27 PM
I still think Moorhead has aces up his sleeve. We havent seen much quick game to help Fitz completion percentage.

He knows what we know, there is going to come a time and a place in a SEC game that we are going to have to be able to throw it down the field, or at least make defenses think we can

Coach34
09-09-2018, 12:28 PM
People see what they want to see. What about Aeris; face was "pouting"? When did B team announcers talking up the team they're currently covering become expert level analysis? People craft narratives in their head then look for evidence to confirm it

Our color guy was someone that played college football at a prestigious program and while that doesnt make him an expert nor do I remember calling him a genius- it's good to see people coming around and seeing the things that I saw back in the Spring. Shirley you two guys can see that fact that Mississippi State is rarely the school that gets the publicity that it should- and having an announcer recognize how great we are on the DL while seeinmg it in person is nothing but a good thing for us. This guy will likely mention it to other people around the country and word will spread about us.

Cowbell
09-09-2018, 12:44 PM
I still think Moorhead has aces up his sleeve. We havent seen much quick game to help Fitz completion percentage.

He knows what we know, there is going to come a time and a place in a SEC game that we are going to have to be able to throw it down the field, or at least make defenses think we can

I totally agree with this. I think the same can be said of our defense, which explains why we have played basic thus far with less blitzing than many have wanted. Shoop eluded to this in his last presser. They are showing as few of hands as needed and I dont expect that to change for the next month.

Also, did anyone else see Joe getting frustrated at Fitz for not speeding up and getting set on the ball when we were moving down the field. It?s like he was wanting to go hurry-up but wasn?t getting it done?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Our color guy was someone that played college football at a prestigious program and while that doesnt make him an expert nor do I remember calling him a genius- it's good to see people coming around and seeing the things that I saw back in the Spring. Shirley you two guys can see that fact that Mississippi State is rarely the school that gets the publicity that it should- and having an announcer recognize how great we are on the DL while seeinmg it in person is nothing but a good thing for us. This guy will likely mention it to other people around the country and word will spread about us.

The fact is announcers talk up the teams they are covering. Always do. Every young player sis the next star, every coach is really good, the best units and players get talked up. Now you and I happen to agree with the announcer and it may have been his honest assessment, but he's still an announcer covering our game. Call me when the studio guys at ESPN or SEC Network go on record we have the best DL in the conference. As politicians tell voters what we want to hear, announcers tell the fans the same. I think he's right but I'm not going to call it national attention since he knew 50% of the listeners were State fans

Coach007
09-09-2018, 12:49 PM
2. Yes I'm "Mr. I Told You So". How about Hill? Staff has been raving about him since they got here. He fits this offense perfectly. Enjoy him while he is here because 2019 will be his last in maroon and white. Easily an early entry guy into the draft. I'm not buying the #26 has ankle injury story. I saw a guy pouting on the sideline. Guys unable to play usually dont dress. Not always- but usually. What's sad is that if Mullen was still here- Hill would be the back-up. That is where you see the coaching difference in Mullen vs JoMo- Mullen likes to go with the known, safe play. Be as mistake-free as possible and minimize risk. JoMo is the high-risk, high reward guy. JoMo is willing to live with a mistake here and there to get the home run ball. Gibson is also more explosive than Aeris- something to watch there moving forward. Do we want steady- or do we want explosive?

Who stated he couldn't play. Much like Dak, he could if he had to, but only if he had to. Your obsession with Mullen has no place. Let it go Elsa.

10. I love Shoop's aggressiveness. It's going to create alot of havoc for other teams. Make sure and watch how teams try to hurt us on screens- because that is one of the ways to attempt to slow us down. We also need to stop playing so soft on the back end on blitzes- teams are going to hitch/slant us to death on them if we dont. Make them hit something deep- it's a harder throw those accurately under pressure.

If an OL picks up the pressure, we will get burned.

BTW, di you see how deep Clemson was moving their safeties?

11. Awful coverage on kickoffs. K-State started past the 30 all day. Kick the damn thing deep and just give them the 25 instead of being cute and trying to get a few extra yards. Also keeps people from getting hurt when you limit returns. I dont like having CB's like Peters returning kicks either- he got popped and had to come out. That is too important of a position for us to possibly lose someone that way. I know he has playmaking ability- but let's go with Mixon, Dear, or Thomas instead. We have depth in the slot.

We could not put it in the endzone on kick offs. WITH a STs coach...?

BuckyIsAB****
09-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Who stated he couldn't play. Much like Dak, he could if he had to, but only if he had to. Your obsession with Mullen has no place. Let it go Elsa.

I promise you Scott Goodman is more than capable of putting it in the endzone. He may be being told to not kick a touchback

Coach34
09-09-2018, 01:00 PM
The fact is announcers talk up the teams they are covering. Always do.

there is a difference in saying we have alot of very good depth as he could have said- which would have talked us up- and saying we are the deepest team in America on the DL- as he did say. I've seen plenty of games with plenty of announcers nitpick and pick apart our teams.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Great write up, Coach! Always love the game analysis. Thanks !

Coach34
09-09-2018, 01:06 PM

#1- bottom line- Aeris is our #2 RB at best now. You and others stated that we would not start Hill over Aeris. We have and we will continue to do it all year. I have no obsession with Mullen- I'm in fact very glad he is gone. Extremely glad.

#2- We MAY get burned. May. But we will certainly continue to get burned on hitches and slants with the soft play

#3- Clemson gave up 500 yards. We should not emulate what they do.

#4- our kickoff guy can put it in the end zone. It appears he is being told to kick it short of the end zone so we can try to pin the other team deeper than the 25. Mullen did this alot also.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2018, 01:07 PM
Goodman has kicked at least 2 balls 5-7 yards deep the last 2 weeks. He has plenty of leg. The high kicks to right at the goal line are by design to try to pin teams deep. I prefer if we just let him kick it out of the stadium

Homedawg
09-09-2018, 05:41 PM
I totally agree with this. I think the same can be said of our defense, which explains why we have played basic thus far with less blitzing than many have wanted. Shoop eluded to this in his last presser. They are showing as few of hands as needed and I dont expect that to change for the next month.

Also, did anyone else see Joe getting frustrated at Fitz for not speeding up and getting set on the ball when we were moving down the field. It?s like he was wanting to go hurry-up but wasn?t getting it done?

As far as being basic, if you mean not a lot of looks ok. Maybe. But we've blitzed a ton. A whole lot. If you mean otherwise you are wrong.

Cowbell
09-09-2018, 05:54 PM
As far as being basic, if you mean not a lot of looks ok. Maybe. But we've blitzed a ton. A whole lot. If you mean otherwise you are wrong.

Yes not a lot of looks - basic in formation. We?ve seen some blitzing but I believe there is plenty that we haven?t shown.

Cooterpoot
09-09-2018, 06:05 PM
These first three games are like NFL preseason games to a point. We’ve got a lot more.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2018, 06:19 PM
I rewatched the game just focusing on the ol. They absolutely destroyed KSU dl and lbs. The holes they opened were massive and this was against a very good disciplined run defense. There was one play where they just pushed the whole dl completely to the left side of the field. Unreal. This ol is physical and aggressive

Jack Lambert
09-09-2018, 07:10 PM
Fitz was at one point 4 for 13 but he ended up 11 or 27. He started to turn it around and went 7 for 14. He is going to get better. This offense is a little more complicated then Mullen's. Another game I think you will really see it click.

msbulldog
09-09-2018, 08:33 PM

Absolutely! Any pub is good pub! +1

RougeDawg
09-09-2018, 09:05 PM

Yes. This all day. We haven?t really shown any ?Moorhead Offense? yet. There were a handful of plays at the end of the game that somewhat resembled his PS and Fordham offense. Other than that we have been vanilla on both sides of the ball.

The biggest change to me with this staff vs the previous, is the players openly talking about this current staff. They appear to be getting quick buy in from our players. The talent was there already. Getting them to buy in and work as one will start to click sooner rather than later.

We saw yesterday why we haven?t won more games the last 9 years. It ended a 31 year streak. We now have a coach who is aggressive when warranted but calculated at all times.

msbulldog
09-09-2018, 09:14 PM
I rewatched the game just focusing on the ol. They absolutely destroyed KSU dl and lbs. The holes they opened were massive and this was against a very good disciplined run defense. There was one play where they just pushed the whole dl completely to the left side of the field. Unreal. This ol is physical and aggressive

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

Lord McBuckethead
09-10-2018, 01:18 AM
Fitz was at one point 4 for 13 but he ended up 11 or 27. He started to turn it around and went 7 for 14. He is going to get better. This offense is a little more complicated then Mullen's. Another game I think you will really see it click.

Exactly. It's easy to talk about the percentage. Let the man get to game speed. UK game you will see a change. Trust me.