PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards moves to 2-0

Quaoarsking
09-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Arizona State has now blown out UTSA (a mid-level CUSA team) and beat a ranked Michigan State team last night.

Maybe it's time for all the doubters (including me previously) to start eating some crow?

msstate7
09-09-2018, 07:35 AM
I love herm. Really hope he succeeds.

MetEdDawg
09-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Games against teams like Michigan State are ones I think he has the perfect skill set for winning. He understands the preparation needed to win games like that.

When he got hired I figured he wouldn't be able to consistently win games he was supposed to and would let the daily grind of the college environment get to him. So far he's doing a great job. Really hope he succeeds

Tbonewannabe
09-09-2018, 09:14 AM
I personally thought the recruiting would be where he struggled. As long as he knew not to make it too complicated for college kids.

BrunswickDawg
09-09-2018, 12:27 PM
I personally thought the recruiting would be where he struggled. As long as he knew not to make it too complicated for college kids.

The thing about Herm and recruiting is this: he had been a respected analyst and motivational speaker for years. Parents know him from that and value him from it. Staff will keep it from being a grind and he will draw players because the parents love him.

JoseBrown
09-09-2018, 12:42 PM
The thing about Herm and recruiting is this: he had been a respected analyst and motivational speaker for years. Parents know him from that and value him from it. Staff will keep it from being a grind and he will draw players because the parents love him.

Yea, because of that it's gonna be real easy for them to trust him. I hope he does well, always liked that guy.

Todd4State
09-09-2018, 12:43 PM
He came to win the game. That's it.

Pit Bull
09-09-2018, 03:10 PM
AZState will be a power house in about 2-3 years.

tireddawg
09-09-2018, 08:54 PM
AZState will be a power house in about 2-3 years.

A good team that makes a good bowl, but a powerhouse? Come on man.

RougeDawg
09-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Always liked Herm. He never makes excuses and is always positive. The thing that most impressed me as he was a TV guy was he never let himself get caught up in the PC Circus. He is a man of principle and that?s as respectable as you can get from a fellow human.

Pit Bull
09-10-2018, 12:02 AM

Yeah.....he may do well this year, but in a couple years, I can see him competing for a PAC-10 title and possibly a playoff spot. Herm is a very good coach. Has tons of NFL experience, knows the game inside and out. I expect his recruiting prowess will show results very soon. Good motivator as well.

TimberBeast
09-10-2018, 12:12 AM

This. Powerhouse? Not a chance.

parabrave
09-10-2018, 01:39 AM
Did we ever lose a game that he announced for us? I think we won most of them. Plus he gave us Ralf.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2018, 01:52 AM
Did we ever lose a game that he announced for us? I think we won most of them. Plus he gave us Ralf.

He was always very complimentary of us, the university and Starkville. The guy is pure class.