PDA

View Full Version : SEC Status, IMO.....

Pit Bull
09-09-2018, 05:41 AM
.....UGA is clearly the class in the East. BAMA is clearly the class in the West (and their schedule makes it real easy for them to boot). Everyone else is playing for a NYD bowl. I think Kentucky, Auburn, MSU, TAMU, & LSU are the primary contenders for those spots. Not real sure about Mizzou....can't get a good feel for them. Ole Miss w/o a doubt has the #1 WR and the #1 collection of WRs in the conference and the nation.....The NWOs, Straight Outta Starkvegas!.....trouble is for them....they have to score over 50 pts. a game to have a chance to win.....which they will do in a lot of cases. SEC play will shine the light on their run-stopping issues and it won't be pretty.....BAMA could score 70-80 this coming weekend. I would feel real good about us (MSU) if Fitz could throw the ball better. SEC defenses will load up the box against us until we can hurt them with the pass. We beat ULL next weekend, and a very key game will be in Lexington....that one will show me if we truly have it or not. KY is no fluke this year.....that Oregon transfer QB looks real good and Benny Snell may be the best RB in the SEC.

Cooterpoot
09-09-2018, 05:51 AM
KY beat a subpar FL team and they’re all of a sudden legit? Naw, they look very average.

FriarsPoint
09-09-2018, 09:32 AM
KY beat a subpar FL team and they?re all of a sudden legit? Naw, they look very average.

I?m telling you, that Wilson kid is the real thing. That guy is trouble. Go up there and dick around for 4 quarters and that guy will give them a chance.

TrapGame
09-09-2018, 09:38 AM
I?m telling you, that Wilson kid is the real thing. That guy is trouble. Go up there and dick around for 4 quarters and that guy will give them a chance.

Chizik said his NFL scout buddy went to a UK practice and thought they had legit NFL talent on the team. We can't go up there and get stupid penalties or turn the ball over. I don't think their defense can shut down Kylin or Nick running but we need to find a deep passing threat.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 09:55 AM
I don't think their defense can shut down Kylin or Nick running but we need to find a deep passing threat.

we had WRs wide open downfield.... Fitz is the one who has to adjust his throws before any blame is put on the WRs. They've done their job thus far

Cooterpoot
09-09-2018, 09:58 AM
FL isn’t good and KY barely beat them. You guys kill me jumping on these bandwagons. KY is what they always are.

TrapGame
09-09-2018, 10:01 AM
we had WRs wide open downfield.... Fitz is the one who has to adjust his throws before any blame is put on the WRs. They've done their job thus far

Didn't say it was WRs. Nick post game put the blame squarely on his shoulders for not getting the ball to his receivers.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Kentucky isn't good. Floridas rush D is terrible (look at the Uf opener, they gave up 5.2 ypr to the same team we held to 50 yards last year). UF DL didn't get pressure on the QB, and didn't penetrate to stop Snell. On the other end of things, I was shocked at how much Mullen threw the ball. He was 4 wide all night, rarely using the run. We have a better OL, better running QB, better running RB, and we'll use more read options than they saw tonight. I can't speak for our passing game because how knows how Fitz will throw that day, but the Kentucky DBs and pass rush aren't elite.

Could we lose to UK? Sure. Lots of penalties killing our drives, blown coverages giving up free TDs, miss a few fgs, a pick 6... of course we can lose. However there's not a single position on the field UK has the edge on us. Not a one

TrapGame
09-09-2018, 10:05 AM
FL isn’t good and KY barely beat them. You guys kill me jumping on these bandwagons. KY is what they always are.

Oh we gonna beat them but they'll put up a fight.

AlSwearengen
09-09-2018, 10:11 AM
I don’t understand how Fitz can’t be taught to put some air under the ball and let the wr go get it. Practice that shit until his arm falls off. You see it from QB’s that don’t have a fraction of the hype that Fitzgerald gets. Granted, the wr has to be able to make a play and if he can’t beat the corner for the catch, he at least has to keep the corner from intercepting it.

I also think it may be time pull out all stops to get at least one and maybe a couple of difference making wr’s.

Coach007
09-09-2018, 10:42 AM
UGA is clearly the class in the East.

Agree

BAMA is clearly the class in the West

100% disagree. They just allowed ASU 172 yards on the ground and 213 in the air. Their defense is not as good as Ms Sts… at all. MS ST is the team to beat this year in the West

LSU are the primary contenders for those spots.

No... no no. no. LSU is worse than last year. This QB had 100 yards passing against Southern La on 21 attempts (150 if you count the hail marry pass into the endzone).

Maroons
09-09-2018, 11:08 AM
I don?t understand how Fitz can?t be taught to put some air under the ball and let the wr go get it. Practice that shit until his arm falls off. You see it from QB?s that don?t have a fraction of the hype that Fitzgerald gets. Granted, the wr has to be able to make a play and if he can?t beat the corner for the catch, he at least has to keep the corner from intercepting it.

Pretty sure they're teaching him to throw it more on a line.

TUSK
09-09-2018, 11:18 AM
100% disagree. They just allowed ASU 172 yards on the ground and 213 in the air. Their defense is not as good as Ms Sts… at all. MS ST is the team to beat this year in the West.

ASU's yardage totals are a little deceptive, 007... Prolly 75% of that yardage came vs 2s & 3s after the game was effectively over.

stalkingpoon
09-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Damn everyone pump the brakes on Uk and LSU.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2018, 11:45 AM

lol no they're not. Go look at any PSU game the last 2 years- JoMo wants air under the ball so the Wr can adjust to it, get in position, and go up for it. A line drive means that it's an easy deflection/pick if the cb is between the QB and Wr, and it gives no way for the Wr to adjust on anything less than a perfect throw. Go watch McSorely highlights on YT- every ball over 30 yards has air under it

Fitz has always thrown it flat and too hard, it's not what the new staff is teaching him

Bothrops
09-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Kentucky is good enough. This could be the best season for them in a long time. Beating Florida may very well inspire this team to play above and beyond. We are going to be in a fight for our lives in two weeks.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2018, 01:14 PM
KY beat a subpar FL team and they’re all of a sudden legit? Naw, they look very average.

Yeah neither uf or Uk is very good. 2 mediocre teams playing each other last night.

BB30
09-09-2018, 02:36 PM
Kentucky beat a bad central Michigan team by 15 week 1. Our defense should have a field day against them. We will or should be able to win this one pounding the rock. Their rush D won’t be much better than the one we saw this past week.

maroonmania
09-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Hate to say it, but if Fitz had half the touch on the deep ball that Ta'amu has we would be hell on wheels. OM WRs would not be NEARLY as good as they appear to be if they didn't have a QB that can lay the ball on a dime on the deep pass. I was still a little skeptical of Ta'amu even starting the season but after watching him for 2 games to start the year, he is absolutely the real deal throwing the ball. Between Tua and Ta'amu maybe we need to go get our next QB out of Hawaii.

Maroons
09-09-2018, 06:54 PM
lol no they're not. Go look at any PSU game the last 2 years- JoMo wants air under the ball so the Wr can adjust to it, get in position, and go up for it. A line drive means that it's an easy deflection/pick if the cb is between the QB and Wr, and it gives no way for the Wr to adjust on anything less than a perfect throw. Go watch McSorely highlights on YT- every ball over 30 yards has air under it

Fitz has always thrown it flat and too hard, it's not what the new staff is teaching him

It was reported by one of the beat writers in camp. But good to know you're at practice. Keep the updates coming.

BB30
09-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Hate to say it, but if Fitz had half the touch on the deep ball that Ta'amu has we would be hell on wheels. OM WRs would not be NEARLY as good as they appear to be if they didn't have a QB that can lay the ball on a dime on the deep pass. I was still a little skeptical of Ta'amu even starting the season but after watching him for 2 games to start the year, he is absolutely the real deal throwing the ball. Between Tua and Ta'amu maybe we need to go get our next QB out of Hawaii.

The dude can flat out spin it. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure he will see in the sec. he has had tons of time to throw the football in the first two games. I just think he’s definitely a guy that you can’t let get comfortable.

Hopefully we’ll see pressure gets to him and forces some bad decisions in the bama game otherwise they are going to be tough to stop.

Lord McBuckethead
09-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Didn't say it was WRs. Nick post game put the blame squarely on his shoulders for not getting the ball to his receivers.

This may be a little simplistic, but when I watch UM, their qb takes the snap, drops three steps looks one direction and puts air under the ball. 45 yards later his WR uses his body to time the ball and every pass looks perfect and are easy catches most times.

The drop give the receiver an extra second to get deep. The qb already knows who is in single coverage. The WR knows when they are in single coverage, the ball is coming get deep. All slow down their steps, draws early contact and accelerates to the ball. All except Metcalf, he pushes off like DeRunnya used to.

That's what I want to see. Flat out fly patterns that expect the ball if they are 1 on 1

Lord McBuckethead
09-09-2018, 07:25 PM

That's fine for a deep in or flag. Not for over the top throws. Too easy to knock away. IMHO.

FanninDawg
09-09-2018, 07:49 PM
How in the WORLD can you give a status like this and never say ?I told you so? or ? I?m the smartest guy on the board?? Although I find it refreshing many on this board will wonder what the board is coming tp?