09-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Is what I am hearing.

msstate7
09-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Good. Clearly Kylin is better, but aeris is an asset

Coach007
09-08-2018, 09:49 PM

I don't think so. 2 different styles of RBs though. It's hard to Hill is better in this system considering Aeris has only 2 touches. If he was healthy, we would see.

Goldendawg
09-08-2018, 09:49 PM
get back quick A-Train.

thf24
09-08-2018, 10:09 PM
I don't think so. 2 different styles of RBs though. It's hard to Hill is better in this system considering Aeris has only 2 touches. If he was healthy, we would see.

Aeris would have gotten run down after 10-15 yards or not made it through the hole in time on most if not all of Kylin's big plays today. As a ballcarrier, Kylin does everything as good as or better than Aeris. That's not meant as a slight towards Aeris whatsoever; it's simply reality. Where Aeris is clearly and massively better on the whole is in pass protection, and if I were Moorhead I'd try to use him a lot on 3rd and long or other situations where we're looking deep.

Dawg61
09-08-2018, 10:17 PM

You're drunk

tireddawg
09-08-2018, 11:02 PM

Good?

msstate7
09-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Good?
Good that he will be available later. Aeris can help us win games

Jack Lambert
09-08-2018, 11:13 PM

We are going to have some knock them drag them off the field type of games when Williams is going to be around.

tireddawg
09-08-2018, 11:21 PM

Gotcha

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2018, 11:24 PM
Is what I am hearing.

I thought it HAD to be something. Hill is better in this offense, but no way Williams had fallen to third team with no carries in garbage time. Williams will still, play a big role in a game or two, book it. My guess is he ain't done as the feature back. There are games coming up we may need his style in a big way.

mstatefan91
09-08-2018, 11:25 PM
Hope Williams gets back in the offense soon. Love his workman style.. just never gives up trying to get a yard.

Hambone
09-09-2018, 04:19 AM
I think we may be able to circle back to this and call this the Romo ankle....

Meaning when Romo went down with an injury Dak stepped in and basically took that job away. I think Kylin does the same thing. Pretty sure he only had one negative carry/touch today and it took three dudes to bring him down.

Pit Bull
09-09-2018, 05:13 AM
[QUOTE=thf24;989780]Aeris would have gotten run down after 10-15 yards or not made it through the hole in time on most if not all of Kylin's big plays today. As a ballcarrier, Kylin does everything as good as or better than Aeris. That's not meant as a slight towards Aeris whatsoever; it's simply reality. Where Aeris is clearly and massively better on the whole is in pass protection, and if I were Moorhead I'd try to use him a lot on 3rd and long or other situations where we're looking deep.[/Q

Then if I was Aeris, I would either transfer out to another program, or sign a pro contract. He is every bit as good as Vic Ballard or Boobie Dixon.

MarketingBully
09-09-2018, 05:40 AM
[QUOTE=thf24;989780]Aeris would have gotten run down after 10-15 yards or not made it through the hole in time on most if not all of Kylin's big plays today. As a ballcarrier, Kylin does everything as good as or better than Aeris. That's not meant as a slight towards Aeris whatsoever; it's simply reality. Where Aeris is clearly and massively better on the whole is in pass protection, and if I were Moorhead I'd try to use him a lot on 3rd and long or other situations where we're looking deep.[/Q

Then if I was Aeris, I would either transfer out to another program, or sign a pro contract. He is every bit as good as Vic Ballard or Boobie Dixon.

He’s a senior. Kind of hard to do that as a senior.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-09-2018, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=Pit Bull;989984]

He’s a senior. Kind of hard to do that as a senior.

And he's a senior who has already used his redshirt. So Aeris transferring ain't happening.

RiverCityDawg
09-09-2018, 08:08 AM
He is every bit as good as Vic Ballard or Boobie Dixon.

False. I would put him at or maybe just above LaDarius Perkins. Different type of back obviously, but pretty even talent wise overall.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-09-2018, 08:49 AM
If he has an Ankle, why did he dress out?

msstate7
09-09-2018, 08:51 AM
If he has an Ankle, why did he dress out?

Probably bc he could play, but only if absolutely necessary. Guessing...

msudawg1200
09-09-2018, 08:54 AM
I love me some Aeris Williams, but Kylin Hill is clearly better. I said this last year as well, but Hunchback thought otherwise.

msstate7
09-09-2018, 08:56 AM
I love me some Aeris Williams, but Kylin Hill is clearly better. I said this last year as well, but Hunchback thought otherwise.

Kylin is a freaking beast running and catching. His pass protection was downright pathetic yesterday though. He has a big hole in his game now. He may get fitz killed vs LSU, auburn, and bama if he doesn't do better

shoeless joe
09-09-2018, 08:59 AM
If aeris is banged up there's no reason to use him until he's 100%. Also, he should be fresh and healthy once the SEC schedule begins.

thf24
09-09-2018, 09:17 AM
He is every bit as good as Vic Ballard or Boobie Dixon.

This simply isn't true. He can't run over guys and keep going like Dixon, and he isn't quick and elusive like Ballard. Aeris' strengths are that he has great vision, seeing immediately what his o-line is giving him and taking it; always falls forward; and is a stone wall in pass protection. He has below average speed for an SEC back, isn't particularly elusive, and doesn't break many tackles. As I said, there is no aspect of his game concerned with touching the ball that Kylin doesn't do as well or better, which is why Kylin is going to get the vast majority of the touches going forward.

I know it seems like I'm trying to run Aeris down and that's really not the case; he's a great dawg and has given us a ton of production up to this year. But it muddles the discussion if we're not honest about what he is and what he isn't.

Pit Bull
09-09-2018, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=MarketingBully;989985]

And he's a senior who has already used his redshirt. So Aeris transferring ain't happening.

Then just quit and get on with his life. I wouldn't ride the bench after being a 1100 yd SEC proven back. That's just me and what I would do. What's the point if you are 3rd or 4th string in your coach's eyes and will never see the field again.

Pit Bull
09-09-2018, 09:56 AM
False. I would put him at or maybe just above LaDarius Perkins. Different type of back obviously, but pretty even talent wise overall.

Disagree...... after seeing him run over and then outrun BAMA's LBs and DBs to the endzone for 2 TDs. Then I suppose everybody will say BAMA's DBs are slow.

Hambone
09-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Did you seriously just compare Williams to Anthony Dixon? They aren?t even remotely close to one another

thf24
09-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Disagree...... after seeing him run over and then outrun BAMA's LBs and DBs to the endzone for 2 TDs. Then I suppose everybody will say BAMA's DBs are slow.

You and reality are not in agreement on this topic. Aeris did his usual thing in that game, which is take what the blocking gives him and get extra yards at the end of the run. He had a long of 11 yards; he didn't go Leonard Fournette on Alabama like you make it sound.

Coach007
09-09-2018, 10:18 AM

Clearly can't say that in this system. Why? Because he has only carried it 2 times.

Coach007
09-09-2018, 10:32 AM
You and reality are not in agreement on this topic. Aeris did his usual thing in that game, which is take what the blocking gives him and get extra yards at the end of the run. He had a long of 11 yards; he didn't go Leonard Fournette on Alabama like you make it sound.

Yet he still did better than Hill, and actually made blocks!

Hill averaged a whooping 1.8 yards per carry and Williams was 4.4 with 100 yards and 2 TDs while making his blocks to protect Fitz.

RiverCityDawg
09-09-2018, 10:34 AM

You did not see him out run anyone because it didn't happen.

BogeyGolfer
09-09-2018, 10:42 AM
kick off coverage....He must be able to play....

thf24

Hill averaged a whooping 1.8 yards per carry and Williams was 4.4 with 100 yards and 2 TDs while making his blocks to protect Fitz.

Hill got 4 chances. Aeris got 22. Not a valid comparison. Hill was also a true freshman last year and didn't yet have the vision he displayed yesterday. I won't argue that the right guy wasn't getting the bulk of the work in that game, but it wasn't some all-world individual performance either.

I'm not going to argue anymore because I really don't enjoy having to talk a great dawg like Aeris down. The bottom line is this coaching staff has the right guy getting the load of touches at RB, and to argue otherwise is simply out of touch with reality.

Cowbell
This simply isn't true. He can't run over guys and keep going like Dixon, and he isn't quick and elusive like Ballard. Aeris' strengths are that he has great vision, seeing immediately what his o-line is giving him and taking it; always falls forward; and is a stone wall in pass protection. He has below average speed for an SEC back, isn't particularly elusive, and doesn't break many tackles. As I said, there is no aspect of his game concerned with touching the ball that Kylin doesn't do as well or better, which is why Kylin is going to get the vast majority of the touches going forward.

I know it seems like I'm trying to run Aeris down and that's really not the case; he's a great dawg and has given us a ton of production up to this year. But it muddles the discussion if we're not honest about what he is and what he isn't.

I think some of our fans forget how bad we were offensively when Boobie was here. He had little around him and an average online at best. You put him in our offense today and the record books will look a little differently. Could you imagine him and Kylin as a 1-2 punch....

Coach007
09-09-2018, 10:47 AM
You did not see him out run anyone because it didn't happen.

Nor did Hill.

Coach007
09-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Hill got 4 chances.

And did nothing. Meanwhile, William's first attempt was for 8 yards. His first 4 resulted in 16 and that's 4 yards per carry.

Not a valid comparison.

More valid than saying Hill is clearly the better back when Aeris has only 2 carries in 2 games due to injury (should that be the case).

I'm not going to argue anymore because I really don't enjoy having to talk a great dawg like Aeris down.

Then don't. There is nothing to talk him down about. Absolutely nothing wrong with Williams' ability.

The bottom line is this coaching staff has the right guy getting the load of touches at RB, and to argue otherwise is simply out of touch with reality.

No, the bottom line is you don't know. You suspect. Time will tell, and I assume we will get more answers this week. You have NO idea what Aeris would have done in yesterday's game.

dawgday166
09-09-2018, 11:04 AM

I believe Kylin has a lot of upside. But I also realize he hasn't faced a good SEC D just yet, except for last year when he was a true FR. We'll see how he does between the tackles against a very good SEC D. I'm hoping it is great. Since he's been practicing against our D a good bit, I'm thinking the coaches have seen this somewhat already. So for now I'm trusting their judgement. I do think Aeris should be rotated in more, especially against the weaker competition we've been facing.

Coach007
09-09-2018, 11:19 AM
kick off coverage....He must be able to play....

No you didn't. You saw Murphy.

RiverCityDawg
09-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Nor did Hill.

I didn't say Hill out ran any of the Alabama defenders last year, but okay. I agree. What's your point? In your odd quest to prop up Aeris and down Kylin you've lost track of the discussion. I was responding to someone saying Aeris was just as good as Boobie or Ballard.

Since you brought up Kylin, he just had a better game in his second ever start than Aeris has ever had in his career, and it's not even close. That's a fact you can't escape.

Coach007
09-09-2018, 11:27 AM
I believe Kylin has a lot of upside. But I also realize he hasn't faced a good SEC D just yet, except for last year when he was a true FR. We'll see how he does between the tackles against a very good SEC D. I'm hoping it is great. Since he's been practicing against our D a good bit, I'm thinking the coaches have seen this somewhat already. So for now I'm trusting their judgement. I do think Aeris should be rotated in more, especially against the weaker competition we've been facing.

Then let's talk about what the coaches have stated. "both will play. Williams is a leader with a strong work ethic" etc. They didn't just wake up and say "ED posters are right... Williams sucks" and not play him.

Critical thinking is a good thing. In 2 games, your top back that coaches praised from the time they got here has touched the ball 2 times and is injured(if reports are correct). That does not translate into "Williams sucks and deserves to be 3rd string". Seeing Hill run is awesome. He is great, but saying that Williams would have done anything less is ignoring history and the new staffs demand in training that helped Hill Drop 15 pounds.

So let's all just stick to facts rather than ripping a player up.

Coach34
09-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Nobody is downing Williams. He is a good college player. He has had a good career. He has just been overtaken by someone that is a great college player. Hill is better than Williams- and everybody sees it. Saying that doesnt mean you dont like Aeris or are downing him. Aeris is Mr. Steady- Hill is a game-changer. Hill will continue to get most of the touches at RB going forward

KOdawg1
09-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Some of ya'll are too damn emotional. I love Aeris. I really do. But Joe is running this program like a business. And the best players are going to play. It doesn't matter how well you've done against Bama or what you've done in the past. I'm not buying that A-Train is hurt either. He had his helmet on when he was on the side line and you could tell on his face that something was up.

RiverCityDawg
09-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Then let's talk about what the coaches have stated. "both will play. Williams is a leader with a strong work ethic" etc. They didn't just wake up and say "ED posters are right... Williams sucks" and not play him.

Critical thinking is a good thing. In 2 games, your top back that coaches praised from the time they got here has touched the ball 2 times and is injured(if reports are correct). That does not translate into "Williams sucks and deserves to be 3rd string". Seeing Hill run is awesome. He is great, but saying that Williams would have done anything less is ignoring history and the new staffs demand in training that helped Hill Drop 15 pounds.

So let's all just stick to facts rather than ripping a player up.

Hey Mr Straw Man, please point to one post that says Williams sucks. Also, Kylin had a longer run this game and ran for more yards than Aeris has ever had, and Aeris has never scored 3 TD's in a game like Kylin just did, so history in fact does NOT show us that Williams would do the same. And what does Hill dropping 15 pounds have to do with your point?

JoseBrown
09-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Nobody is downing Williams. He is a good college player. He has had a good career. He has just been overtaken by someone that is a great college player. Hill is better than Williams- and everybody sees it. Saying that doesnt mean you dont like Aeris or are downing him. Aeris is Mr. Steady- Hill is a game-changer. Hill will continue to get most of the touches at RB going forward

That's right. I can't believe all the arguing either. It's very easy to see, Kylin is special regardless of how good Aeris is and it feels good to know we have the best back since Boobie out there running the ball.

Coach007
09-09-2018, 11:58 AM
I didn't say Hill out ran any of the Alabama defenders last year, but okay. I agree.

William's did. out run the LBs and Ran over them to get to the endzone. Were they 80 yard runs, no.

What's your point?

My point is there is no reason in bashing a player to raise another up in light of facts.

In your odd quest to prop up Aeris and down Kylin you've lost track of the discussion.

Oh no. I'm not downing Hill at all. I'm pointing out that "the back up is better" is not valid nor needed. We play in the SEC WEST. We are going to need EVERY thing we have if we intend on making it in our most loaded season ever.

I was responding to someone saying Aeris was just as good as Boobie or Ballard.

I was responding to the thought that Aeris did not out run anybody. He did.

Since you brought up Kylin, he just had a better game in his second ever start than Aeris has ever had in his career, and it's not even close. That's a fact you can't escape.

Wait... So you don't want to compare Williams and Ballard because the teams were different, but you want to ignore the new offense (that Williams still has not played in) that we have. Got it.

LOL!

Are you saying that 210 yards is WAY better than 190? Seriously?

Coach007
09-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Some of ya'll are too damn emotional. I love Aeris. I really do. But Joe is running this program like a business. And the best players are going to play. It doesn't matter how well you've done against Bama or what you've done in the past. I'm not buying that A-Train is hurt either. He had his helmet on when he was on the side line and you could tell on his face that something was up.

It's all speculation.

Coach007
09-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Hey Mr Straw Man, please point to one post that says Williams sucks. Also, Kylin had a longer run this game and ran for more yards than Aeris has ever had, and Aeris has never scored 3 TD's in a game like Kylin just did, so history in fact does NOT show us that Williams would do the same. And what does Hill dropping 15 pounds have to do with your point?

1- No.. Hill doesn't have a longer run than Williams. Hill's longest in this game was 52. Williams long is 59.

2- No.. Hill did not run for FAR more yards. He rushed for 211 and Williams was 191. That's not far more.

3- Williams has only scored 2.

4- The point of the training is that you would assume Williams also trained. This is a new system, and you can not compare the 2. Just Like you can't say that Boobie would have exceled in this system. The OL is different...etc.

RiverCityDawg
09-09-2018, 12:21 PM
1- No.. Hill doesn't have a longer run than Williams. Hill's longest in this game was 52. Williams long is 59.

2- No.. Hill did not run for FAR more yards. He rushed for 211 and Williams was 191. That's not far more.

3- Williams has only scored 2.

4- The point of the training is that you would assume Williams also trained. This is a new system, and you can not compare the 2. Just Like you can't say that Boobie would have exceled in this system. The OL is different...etc.

Williams scored 3 touchdowns, two rushing and one receiving. My bad, on the longest, I thought AW'a longest was 38 against ole miss on 2016? When did he get 59? Not disputing, just curious. And I didn't say it was "far more".

Coach007
09-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Williams scored 3 touchdowns, two rushing and one receiving. My bad, on the longest, I thought AW'a longest was 38 against ole miss on 2016? When did he get 59? Not disputing, just curious. And I didn't say it was "far more".

2017... 2nd game of the year. He only had 9 rushing attempts vs 27 for everybody else.

Again, my point is that this is all speculation. Even the ankle injury. There is no need in the few tearing down Williams for any reason.

RiverCityDawg
09-09-2018, 12:34 PM
William's did. out run the LBs and Ran over them to get to the endzone. Were they 80 yard runs, no.

My point is there is no reason in bashing a player to raise another up in light of facts.

Oh no. I'm not downing Hill at all. I'm pointing out that "the back up is better" is not valid nor needed. We play in the SEC WEST. We are going to need EVERY thing we have if we intend on making it in our most loaded season ever.

I was responding to the thought that Aeris did not out run anybody. He did.

Wait... So you don't want to compare Williams and Ballard because the teams were different, but you want to ignore the new offense (that Williams still has not played in) that we have. Got it.

LOL!

Are you saying that 210 yards is WAY better than 190? Seriously?

This is my last response to you because you are all over the place and arguing with me about things I'm not even saying.

I haven't bashed anyone.

News flash, Kylin is not the backup, so the only one saying the "back up is better" is you.

I'm perfectly fine comparing Williams and Ballard, that's what we were doing. You then interjected something about Hill as if it was a rebuttal to something I said previously. It was irrelevant to what we were taking about, so I was confused.

I didn't say it was "way" better, but it is a fact that 227 yards and 3 TDs on 18 touches is better than 191 yards and 2 TDs on 26 touches. It just is. And Kylin has only started 2 games. All facts, not bashing.

I hope Aeris becomes a factor and contributes to the team this year.

Coach34
09-09-2018, 12:44 PM
News flash, Kylin is not the backup, so the only one saying the "back up is better" is you.

I saw that too. Hill the starter in 2018. And no- his back-up is not better

bulldawg28
09-09-2018, 01:07 PM
If we want to be really honest, Gibson should be in front of Williams in this offense.

BB30
09-09-2018, 07:01 PM
Just from the eye test Hill looks more explosive. Aeris will be needed this year and I am sure we will use him. Hill has a chance to be IMO one of the best if not the best backs we have ever had production wise in this offense. Dude is going to be a monster. He has a different gear.

Todd4State
09-09-2018, 07:27 PM
If I'm Joe I would use Aeris as the second back in some two back formations- almost kind of like a fullback. His blocking would help in pass situations and he is versatile enough to run and catch the ball and effective.

RougeDawg
09-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Anyone saying Aeris is better than Kylin is in the same mental category as the coach who just lost to Kentucky for the first time in over 3 decades. Kylin is a top 5 talent at Rb in the entire ncaa. Even the announcers said he?s every bit as good as Cam Akers. Why is this even being debated. ESPN was even drilling all over Kylin last night saying ?if you don?t know who he is, you should take notice.? We all know espn doesn?t give us hype for their health so let?s. All a spade a spade.

TXDawg
09-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Is what I am hearing.

Moorhead on SEC This Morning: ?Aeries is fine. He?s gonna be back. Playing time is dictated by a number of factors and based on practice the prior week. Going into this game (KSU) Hill was #1 and Nick was #2, going into next week, Aeries will be back in the mix. Nothing unusual going on.?

That doesn?t sound like an ankle to me.

MarketingBully
09-10-2018, 08:34 AM
Moorhead on SEC This Morning: ?Aeries is fine. He?s gonna be back. Playing time is dictated by a number of factors and based on practice the prior week. Going into this game (KSU) Hill was #1 and Nick was #2, going into next week, Aeries will be back in the mix. Nothing unusual going on.?

And after that answer Spears stated that is how the NFL does it. It’s a week to week thing based on how you practice which breeds competition and makes everyone better. There’s a new Sheriff in town fellas and PT is based off performance not off seniority which is how it should be.

Coach34
09-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Going into this game (KSU) Hill was #1 and Nick was #2, going into next week, Aeries will be back in the mix.

That says it all right there.

MetEdDawg
09-10-2018, 09:02 AM
That says it all right there.

And what it says to me is that Joe Moorhead understands this thing a hell of a lot better than Mullen did. Our fan base is nuts sometimes. We get mad when we don't play young guys who are better than older guys in front of them. Then when we do it, we have fans go nuts about how it shouldn't happen.

Welcome to the big leagues folks. Tough decisions get made on teams that want to be great. You don't have to pay someone 4 million dollars a year to say "Hey the older guys are gonna get the start". That crap is easy. But it's really hard to create a culture where every single day is a competition where your job is on the line. If we want to be great, the latter is what our program should look like. You don't just pencil a guy in. It's open competition every week and every single person is forced to bring their best game to get better and try and secure a spot.

fishwater99
09-10-2018, 09:14 AM
I didn't say Hill out ran any of the Alabama defenders last year, but okay. I agree. What's your point? In your odd quest to prop up Aeris and down Kylin you've lost track of the discussion. I was responding to someone saying Aeris was just as good as Boobie or Ballard.

^^^Truth

fishwater99
09-10-2018, 09:24 AM
]Anyone saying Aeris is better than Kylin is in the same mental category as the coach who just lost to Kentucky for the first time in over 3 decades. Kylin is a top 5 talent at Rb in the entire ncaa.[/B] Even the announcers said he?s every bit as good as Cam Akers. Why is this even being debated. ESPN was even drilling all over Kylin last night saying ?if you don?t know who he is, you should take notice.? We all know espn doesn?t give us hype for their health so let?s. All a spade a spade.

RougeDawg gets it!!!

The rest of you idiots probably wish we still had Stansbury too...

Coach007
09-10-2018, 10:58 AM

That would be correct.

thf24
09-10-2018, 11:28 AM
That would be correct.

Wait, but you're the one who reported he was hurt.

Johnson85
09-10-2018, 11:41 AM
And what it says to me is that Joe Moorhead understands this thing a hell of a lot better than Mullen did. Our fan base is nuts sometimes. We get mad when we don't play young guys who are better than older guys in front of them. Then when we do it, we have fans go nuts about how it shouldn't happen.

Welcome to the big leagues folks. Tough decisions get made on teams that want to be great. You don't have to pay someone 4 million dollars a year to say "Hey the older guys are gonna get the start". That crap is easy. But it's really hard to create a culture where every single day is a competition where your job is on the line. If we want to be great, the latter is what our program should look like. You don't just pencil a guy in. It's open competition every week and every single person is forced to bring their best game to get better and try and secure a spot.

Well, Aeres spent a lot of time sitting behind a back he was better than, and then after producing when he was finally given the chance, he only gets a year and a half before getting moved down to third string.

I don't have any problem with that, but I am a little disappointed that he's not getting more touches in these games where we don't really need Kylin as much as we're using him. One, because I hate it for a good team player to get screwed on both sides, with a coach that screws younger players when he was an underclassmen, and then with a coach that is purely meritocratic when he is a 5th year senior. And two because I don't want Hill to get banged up unnecessarily. That said, I suspect part of the reason we have featured Hill so much is that it's a new system and we can't really forgo chances for peopel to develop in the new offense.