PDA

View Full Version : Serious question

GreenheadDawg
09-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Since we are struggling to throw the deep ball, should CJM adapt our offense and stick to short and intermediate throws? If Fitz can’t do it by now I just don’t think it’s in the cards for him. Maybe we should stick to higher percentage throws.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Since we are struggling to throw the deep ball, should CJM adapt our offense and stick to short and intermediate throws? If Fitz can?t do it by now I just don?t think it?s in the cards for him. Maybe we should stick to higher percentage throws.

Possibly later in the year, but you keep trying deep throws for now. Too early to ditch it when I'm pretty sure Fitz has probably looked far better in practice

One thing I'd consider actually is throwing more deep balls so that Fitz finds the feel.

I was hoping today that we would throw deep more often. Giving Fitz 2 or 3 shots a game probably isn't going to help him, but, if he threw 5-7 deep balls, you may see him find the feel

GreenheadDawg
09-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Possibly later in the year, but you keep trying deep throws for now. Too early to ditch it when I'm pretty sure Fitz has probably looked far better in practice

I wouldn’t trade Tamu for Fitz but damn that dude can throw the deep ball. We would be tough to beat if we could complete just a quarter of ones we throw

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2018, 06:50 PM
I wouldn’t trade Tamu for Fitz but damn that dude can throw the deep ball

He's got WAY more confidence throwing it as well.

If I'm Moorhead, I may throw 20+ deep balls vs ULL next weekend just so Fitz can build some confidence

GreenheadDawg
09-08-2018, 06:53 PM
This is only thing that gives me hope. We can practice the deep ball a lot the next 2 weeks and still win. I’m still hopeful

Commercecomet24
09-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Most of Fitz problem is footwork. He has such a strong arm he relies on it to much. He either short strides which makes the ball sail or go high or throws flat footed or off his back foot which leaves the ball short. That's the problem with having a player with so much arm talent when they rely solely on their arm. I've coached pitchers for years and run into this problem with young strong armed guys quite often. It can be fixed but he's gotta really focus on it.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2018, 06:55 PM

If I'm Moorhead, I may throw 20+ deep balls vs ULL next weekend just so Fitz can build some confidence

I like this idea.

TrapGame
09-08-2018, 06:58 PM
I think Shotgun's right. We are gonna sling it vs ULL until Nick gets it.

DownwardDawg
09-08-2018, 07:11 PM
I think Shotgun's right. We are gonna sling it vs ULL until Nick gets it.

It looks to me like this is Moorehead's plan. It's obvious that we never needed to throw a pass in either of the 1st 2 games, yet we are slinging it all over the place. I fully expect us to continue to throw it a ton in the next 2 games. Coach knows we can line up and run it at anybody this year. But if we're gonna contend for the SEC, we have got to get better at the passing game.

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Since we are struggling to throw the deep ball, should CJM adapt our offense and stick to short and intermediate throws? If Fitz can’t do it by now I just don’t think it’s in the cards for him. Maybe we should stick to higher percentage throws.

In the big games maybe. If we have a cushion he needs to keep on plugging. There are many reasons. It's his offense, and when he has what he needs it's the best offense in football. With practice maybe we get it. It also shows intent to recruits. That's THE most important reason

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2018, 07:13 PM

Bingo.

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2018, 07:14 PM
I wouldn’t trade Tamu for Fitz but damn that dude can throw the deep ball. We would be tough to beat if we could complete just a quarter of ones we throw

It bears repeating, he hasn't faced much defense at all yet. If he does it next week then, yeah, you have a point.

Bothrops
09-08-2018, 07:20 PM

JoMo can't run his offense with Fitz, so the answer is absolutely yes. We can be better at the passing game running intermediate stuff.

Todd4State
09-08-2018, 07:59 PM
We should keep throwing it deep. Even if we don't complete it forces the defense to respect the threat of it plus odds are even with a horrible QB you're going to complete a few every now and then just based on blind luck. It makes it easier to run the ball and complete passes when there aren't 9 in the box.

Fitz needs to get his head out of his ass is what needs to happen.

RocketDawg
09-08-2018, 08:07 PM

What is Hawaii doing to produce two really good QBs in the SEC? They're not that big a state.

Todd4State
09-08-2018, 08:10 PM
What is Hawaii doing to produce two really good QBs in the SEC? They're not that big a state.

They have good high school football. And they pass the ball a lot- but unlike Texas they are physical.

tcdog70
09-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Jomo's former players says it take 3 or 4 games to get in the groove. Why does anyone think Fitz's head is up his ass. That is a stupid ass Statement. Y'all act like we went on the road against a power 5 team and lost. We beat the crap out of KSate, so let's be glad. And let's give Fitz some time .

Todd4State
09-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Jomo's former players says it take 3 or 4 games to get in the groove. Why does anyone think Fitz's head is up his ass. That is a stupid ass Statement. Y'all act like we went on the road against a power 5 team and lost. We beat the crap out of KSate, so let's be glad. And let's give Fitz some time .

Well, he got suspended for the first game. And he does the same stuff he did two years ago. Fitz has had time- four years. It's time to grow up and start playing at a higher level than a freshman in the passing game.

No one is "unhappy" that we beat K-State.

What we wouldn't accept in defeat we shouldn't accept in victory.- Joe Moorhead.

GreenheadDawg
09-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Haha Florida just got screwed