PDA

View Full Version : Post KSU game thread

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2018, 04:47 PM
I told the KSU fans that it didn't matter where or when we played, there was zero chance of them beating us.

We had their number at every turn. We also should have had 3 turnovers, so we played 11 against 14 out there all day.

If Fitz had played game 1, we would have won this one by 42 points. They were very fortunate to catch him 9 months without contact.

Hill is a man. Did AE Williams insult Moorheads wife or something. If the dude is healthy and not seeing the field for over 80 minutes of game time. No idea what is happening there.

Fitz needs to get some air under the ball with one on one deep throws. 10 yards ahead of the receivers will never work. Let our 6-4 guys have a slim chance of coming down with it.

Defense. Solid. Was hoping for a little more fireworks by ou DL, but as the KSU guys said their OL was the best part of their team. I have to agree. Too bad our DL was better. Hope Peter's and Dantzler are alright. Secondary had a pretty good game. Safeties picked up the LBs slack on running plays. LBs were alright. Leo almost buried their QB on the BS incomplete pass fumble play.

Our OL did pretty good. We had like 400 rushing yards. Fitzgerald's clock was a bit slow and he delivered the ball late a few times today. He will get that cleared up the next two weeks. Look out UF.

Penalties, sloppy as hell.

It was a fun game to watch. The officials were pretty terrible on the reviews. Let's get healthy and get ready to punish Louisianna.

Hail State.

Pollodawg
09-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Speaking of officiating, I’ll always consider the score 31-7 because I don’t count that field goal they were given as a gift on what should have been a turnover.

BrunswickDawg
09-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Speaking of officiating, I’ll always consider the score 31-7 because I don’t count that field goal they were given as a gift on what should have been a turnover.

38-7 - that turnover was pretty deep in their territory. We score after that fumble no doubt making that BS call a 14 pt swing.

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Hell they didn't even review when their qb fumbled and we came out of the pile with it.

MarketingBully
09-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Hell they didn't even review when their qb fumbled and we came out of the pile with it.

SEC officials and Big 12 replay and it showed.

MetEdDawg
09-08-2018, 06:06 PM
We have 2 years of tape on Fitz. He is what he is at this point. I think this is he product you get when you ask a guy who has probably thrown 5,000 or so passes fewer in practice and games than his SEC counterparts because of his high school offense.

Fitz has a unique skill set. But if you are expecting big changes from Fitz you aren't going to see it. I will be shocked if he's above 60% passing at the end of the year.

Dawg2003
09-08-2018, 06:10 PM
We have 2 years of tape on Fitz. He is what he is at this point. I think this is he product you get when you ask a guy who has probably thrown 5,000 or so passes fewer in practice and games than his SEC counterparts because of his high school offense.

Fitz has a unique skill set. But if you are expecting big changes from Fitz you aren't going to see it. I will be shocked if he's above 60% passing at the end of the year.

I agree with this. At this point, he is who he is. Expecting a big turnaround is unrealistic. We can still win 8-9 games with his mediocre passing though. Just let Nick and Kylin run the ball I guess.

BrunswickDawg
09-08-2018, 06:45 PM

He is who he is - He's the greatest running QB in SEC history who will be our #3 in all time passing yards, #2 in touchdown passes, #1 in rushing TDS and yards for QB, and possibly our #1 in Rushing TDS and #2 In rushing yards for any player.

So y'all spend all your time shitting on him and Nick will just keep winning games and scoring TDS.

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2018, 06:57 PM
No one is shitting on him. Hell man, give him at least until after the KY game to get to game speed. I just am saying, get a little air under it. Dude's throwing darts10 yards beyond our receivers. With our running attack, we have to be able to hit 1 or 2 of these a game. Shit UM just hit 6 in a row 45 yards +

MetEdDawg
09-08-2018, 06:58 PM
He is who he is - He's the greatest running QB in SEC history who will be our #3 in all time passing yards, #2 in touchdown passes, #1 in rushing TDS and yards for QB, and possibly our #1 in Rushing TDS and #2 In rushing yards for any player.

So y'all spend all your time shitting on him and Nick will just keep winning games and scoring TDS.

I hope he does. Like I said. I don't hate him. He's done a ton for MSU and I'm grateful for the blood, sweat, and tears he's put in to MSU. Every game he's fought hard and put it all on the line. He's still an average passer. We can analyze guys performance as negative and still like the guy and what he's done.

Bothrops
09-08-2018, 07:08 PM
31-7 was the final because **** you, that's why.

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2018, 07:32 PM
31-7 was the final because **** you, that's why.

That's awesome. And correct.

BrunswickDawg
09-08-2018, 07:34 PM
No one is shitting on him. Hell man, give him at least until after the KY game to get to game speed. I just am saying, get a little air under it. Dude's throwing darts10 yards beyond our receivers. With our running attack, we have to be able to hit 1 or 2 of these a game. Shit UM just hit 6 in a row 45 yards +

I hope he does. Like I said. I don't hate him. He's done a ton for MSU and I'm grateful for the blood, sweat, and tears he's put in to MSU. Every game he's fought hard and put it all on the line. He's still an average passer. We can analyze guys performance as negative and still like the guy and what he's done.

I don't have a problem with criticism. But when you have people already drumming up "at some point, Fitz will force Moorheads hand and we will go with KT if we want to win" - the BS meter pegs. We all know the guy isn't the greatest passer. That may or may not improve. That may or may not limit this team.
Like you said - and I agree with - he is what he is - and that's pretty damn good. And honestly I think if there was a legitimate better option Moorhead would make a change.