PDA

View Full Version : Grilled chicken wings

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2018, 01:50 AM
Came up with a recipe for chicken wings last weekend I thought was really good. I used wings, but can probably use any cut.

I sprinkled the ribs generously with lemon pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and paprika. Then very lightly with chili powder. I then made a marinade of equal parts Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce (probably 1/3-1/2 cup each) enough to cover half way up on the wings in my dish. I used light soy sauce as it was all I had. To that I then added a tablespoon or two of molasses and maybe a 1/4 cup of brown sugar and a 1/3.cup or so of bbq sauce. Sweet Baby Rays was what I used. Mixed that all together and poured in my container. I then set my wings in the marinade and tilted the dish around to coat them and let them marinate for about three hours. I cooked them over indirect heat in a charcoal grill for about an hour basting with the left over marinade every 15-20 minutes until all gone. Never flipped the wings or moved them.

Bully13
09-07-2018, 07:59 AM
sounds good and reminds me of how long it's been since I've grilled chicken wings. Think I'll add some soaked hickory chips to my coals as well.

Howboutdemdogs
09-07-2018, 08:59 AM
Sounds great StarkV, I’ll have to steal the recipe. We grill wings a lot, so we don’t have to fry them. (I’m fat enough). We will then coat in hot wing sauce. Grilled wings can be almost crispy as fried.

BeastMan
09-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Big fan of smoked wings and often make my own sauce too (La hot sauce & butter)