PDA

View Full Version : In Reality...

TheCoach34
09-06-2018, 01:12 PM
Who in the hell is worried about Ancient Ass Bill Snyder??? Joe Mo going to be drawing up plays that put him in at risk of a stroke. Higher risk than us even coming close to not covering a 9.5 spread. Mark it Down dawgs 55 middle of the pack big 12 state school in kansas 7 .

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 01:23 PM
This seems legit*

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Who in the hell is worried about Ancient Ass Bill Snyder??? Joe Mo going to be drawing up plays that put him in at risk of a stroke. Higher risk than us even coming close to not covering a 9.5 spread. Mark it Down dawgs 55 middle of the pack big 12 state school in kansas 7 .

I know! For some reason everyone seems to think just because you have been coaching for 70 years that makes you a great coach. What does it say for BS? He has coached so long and never done shit. Seriously WTH has even accomplished at KSU?

TheCoach34
09-06-2018, 01:35 PM
He’s gone 9-10 in bowl games, dont worry though in those 70 years coaching he’s added 2 big 12 championships to his resume. Almost in the same breath as Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, Knute Rockne though. Total Joke.

gravedigger
09-06-2018, 01:55 PM

I havnt the foggiest on the score. My thought is Snyder tries to run the clock down to limit our scoring opportunities. That will work up until the time we get more than two scores up. I'm interested in how Shoop game plans this.

Captain Falcon
09-06-2018, 02:02 PM
His best days are probably behind him but he’s still a good coach. They are very similar to many of our teams in recent memory. Not super athletic, but tough and very disciplined. We will win as long as we don’t play really sloppy game where we lose the turnover battle, but I’m not convinced it will be a blowout. Still, we should win.

Dawgology
09-06-2018, 02:02 PM
I'm looking at this game as a good barometer for the rest of the season. If we blow them out then the sky really is the limit but...I expect a hard-fought, close game with us stretching out the lead a little bit on toward the end of the game once we get the run established.

StarkVegasSteve
09-06-2018, 02:33 PM
If they're able to keep it close with us and grind it out I'll be very worried about the rest of the season. We should absolutely dominate the LOS in this one on both sides. Heard a guy on the radio today say he believes it could be 21-28 to 0 at the end of the 1st. While I don't know if it'll be that out of hand that early, it wouldn't shock me one bit with the athletes we have on both sides

Bothrops
09-06-2018, 02:37 PM

If we don't win this game, we may go 2-6 in the SEC.

AusTexDawg
09-06-2018, 02:58 PM
He has coached so long and never done shit. Seriously WTH has even accomplished at KSU?

Not saying Snyder is at the top of his game these days, but he did take a program with a history of being worse than MSU, Vandy and even Iowa State to multiple division and conference titles (which is more than we?ve had) Is his overall record inflated by beating lesser teams - yes - but so was Mullen?s record with us. (I forgot he had them ranked #1 for a little bit in 2012.) I won?t be surprised if we whoop them, but I won?t be surprised if we win by less than a touchdown.

Jack Lambert
09-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Was he coaching when the big 12-2 was the big 8?

TUSK
09-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Was he coaching when the big 12 was the big 2?

Yes,,,, 89-95...

also, FIFY

TheCoach34
09-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Bill “B.C” Snyder better have recruited some of the the biggest, cornbred fed Kansasans there are to protect whatever run of the mill quarterback he decides to start or else it will be a bloodbath. I anticipate Simmons to finish with atleast 2.5 sacks. On the offensive side, they have no hope. Fitzgerald’s comeback he will rush for 100 minimum and get no less than 300 in the air, 5 total td’s by himself move over Will Grier. We aren’t running QB sneaks anymore folks time to unload.

I seen it dawg
09-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Mullen ain't here no more. We smoke these fools

Todd4State
09-06-2018, 10:05 PM
I'm looking at this game as a good barometer for the rest of the season. If we blow them out then the sky really is the limit but...I expect a hard-fought, close game with us stretching out the lead a little bit on toward the end of the game once we get the run established.

I don't know about it being a barometer for the rest of the season- good or bad- because either way I expect us to improve as the season goes on.

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2018, 11:45 PM
I don't think you can draw any conclusions at all from this game...…..unless we lose.

Dawg61
09-06-2018, 11:57 PM
I don't think you can draw any conclusions at all from this game...…..unless we lose.

Lol only games vs opponents you think we'll lose to are worthy of drawing conclusions from.

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Lol only games vs opponents you think we'll lose to are worthy of drawing conclusions from.

Dude, do you REALLY think anything good we did against SFA means anything at all? As for KSU....they aren't an SEC West team. Surely you would agree with THAT? If we beat them then that's what we should do...………….if the hype is even remotely based on fact. For the record I think we win the game...……….but it will be close. Snyder has a really good home record, esp against the spread. Just win the game.

Todd4State
09-07-2018, 12:40 AM
Dude, do you REALLY think anything good we did against SFA means anything at all? As for KSU....they aren't an SEC West team. Surely you would agree with THAT? If we beat them then that's what we should do...………….if the hype is even remotely based on fact. For the record I think we win the game...……….but it will be close. Snyder has a really good home record, esp against the spread. Just win the game.

I think we did a LOT good against Stephen F Austin. Our back-up QB set a school record of 7 TD's. We scored more than we ever did during the Dan Mullen era. We had 17 TFL and I think Shoop said 8 three and outs. No TD's allowed including the back-ups. Almost perfect special teams.

It's all about the context. If we struggled and won say 35-21 there would be cause for concern. But we not only won- we dominated. I would say that really good SEC teams typically should score 56+ and allow 13 or less in these games. Could have been an even bigger margin had we started Nick who probably would have not struggled at the beginning of the third quarter and gotten us another TD or even two.

Hambone
09-07-2018, 02:37 AM
How can you “set” a school record that’s already been done by two other State QB’s???

Dawg61
09-07-2018, 02:53 AM

You just contradicted yourself in back to back posts. Either KSU is total dog shit not worthy of drawing any conclusions from an obvious slaughtering about to happen or they are a tough team at home and we should be happy with just getting a win. Can't be both.

99jc
09-07-2018, 05:48 AM
The reality is we have lots of puss fans

TheCoach34
09-07-2018, 10:53 AM
The reality is no one outside of Starkville really understands the offensive jump we are about to make with moorehead. Mullen was a good coach don’t get me wrong, but his playcalling was so soft and consistently unintuitive that everyone knew what they would get. You don’t win big with our talent using his playbook. We need Gus Malzhan creativity and Mullen never came close to that. Say what you will about Hugh Freeze but he could out coach Mullen, his teams that beat Alabama weren’t any more talented than ours but he 10 times the ballsier playcalls and it paid off.

Dawg61
09-07-2018, 11:34 AM
Everyone was a more aggressive play caller than Dan. It was one of my biggest complaints about Mullen. Freeze wasn't anything special as a playcaller he just tried to score TDs instead of coaching scared. Dan's a puss.

TrapGame
09-07-2018, 11:47 AM
The reality is no one outside of Starkville really understands the offensive jump we are about to make with moorehead. Mullen was a good coach don’t get me wrong, but his playcalling was so soft and consistently unintuitive that everyone knew what they would get. You don’t win big with our talent using his playbook. We need Gus Malzhan creativity and Mullen never came close to that. Say what you will about Hugh Freeze but he could out coach Mullen, his teams that beat Alabama weren’t any more talented than ours but he 10 times the ballsier playcalls and it paid off.

Everyone was a more aggressive play caller than Dan. It was one of my biggest complaints about Mullen. Freeze wasn't anything special as a playcaller he just tried to score TDs instead of coaching scared. Dan's a puss.

So much truth in these posts. Freeze was a fake ass preacher but he knew when to go in for the kill. Dan was a limp dick play caller. And he will be at Florida too.

TheCoach34
09-07-2018, 12:04 PM
And to be honest he will probably get away with it in Florida. They’ll probably have more talent that’ll facilitate his cautious, borderline panty waisted approach. Theyll beat the SC’s and Tennessee’s but good luck pulling one upset against the UGA’s of the league when you’re trying to fool Kirby into guessing if they are going to run a sneak or a slant every 3rd down. Joe Mo and the RPO are the new wave. You won’t win SEC championships with us by taking the conservative approach and thats just how it is.

tmcats
09-07-2018, 12:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoK7B1H9uzw

RiverCityDawg
09-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Snyder has a really good home record, esp against the spread. Just win the game.

KSU was 1-2 against the spread as a home dog last season. I don't think it really matters anyway. Different players, different teams.

Dawg61
09-07-2018, 12:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoK7B1H9uzw

Thanks for the freshman orientation video.

StarkVegasSteve
09-07-2018, 01:02 PM

You hit the nail on the head. The national media with the exception of a few writers and analyst think Mullen was the only one who could ever win in this "unwinnable" program. The truth is that it was so bad when he got here that we needed some type of success no matter how little. We've always been able to get the talent to be able to compete, but you need someone with some innovation to get us over the hump. Look at Mullen in his first years, he brought an offense that was able to put athletes into space and we were immediately back to being competitive.

tmcats
09-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the freshman orientation video.

yeah, you were probably looking for something more like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2hTlWRNsyY

TheCoach34
09-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Thanks for those videos, it would seem like that Kansas State is in fact a university. That’s a decent stadium too, I have a feeling that many of the fans inside of it will be clicking their red slippers together ready to get back to their Kansas homes’ after the massacre worthy of an In Cold Blood sequel occurs.

tmcats
09-07-2018, 03:11 PM
absolutely could be a blowout. i'm not questioning that. however, k-state has a habit of playing to the level of its competition and the dawgs are good. so, i look for a competitive football game, just as when #4 auburn visited a couple years ago.

TheCoach34
09-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Yeah that same, then #2, Auburn team gave us a visit a couple of games later and we gave them all they wanted. Lot has changed since 2014 though, I’d say I’m looking for about as competitive of a game as when KSU played up to their competition against TCU last year in the Death Valley that is Bill Snyder family stadium.

TrapGame
09-07-2018, 03:42 PM
That 2014 Auburn team was mediocre. They finished #19.

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2018, 04:03 PM
You just contradicted yourself in back to back posts. Either KSU is total dog shit not worthy of drawing any conclusions from an obvious slaughtering about to happen or they are a tough team at home and we should be happy with just getting a win. Can't be both.

Whatever 61.

Dawg61
09-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Whatever 61.

Every game this year has some unknown to it as we've only seen Moorhead coach one game so every game we will be learning something from this team and this coach. We don't know how he coaches vs Bama & Auburn, does he tense up, does he coach loose, we don't know how he coaches vs Kentucky and Ole Miss or Lafayette, La Tech, KSU or Florida. Lots we are going to learn this year about our team and our coach. Enjoy this first year where every game is kinda like Christmas and you don't know what the gifts are wrapped under the tree. You only get this year once with Moorhead.

GreenheadDawg
09-07-2018, 08:53 PM
yeah, you were probably looking for something more like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2hTlWRNsyY

You got a place I can bow hunt while I’m up there?