PDA

View Full Version : Bartoo says bet K State

TrapGame
09-06-2018, 08:48 AM
His matrix, which makes as much sense as the third Matrix movie, says Snyder at home is just about a lock.

Then the Twitters exploded with State fans reminding Bartoo he said take Tennessee over West Virginia.

msstate7
09-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Shotgun probably really upset right now. He worships bartoo.

msstate7
09-06-2018, 08:54 AM
What did bartoo have to say about tenn? He picked them as a playoff contender (lol).

TrapGame
09-06-2018, 09:04 AM
What did bartoo have to say about tenn? He picked them as a playoff contender (lol).

I missed it when he originally picked them over WV but he must have talked the Vols up as beating WV handily b/c the Tweets were brutal.

msstate7
09-06-2018, 09:07 AM
I missed it when he originally picked them over WV but he must have talked the Vols up as beating WV handily b/c the Tweets were brutal.

He went farther than that. He had Texas, tenn, and Florida as playoff contenders

msstate7
09-06-2018, 09:10 AM
Dave Bartoo
@CFBMatrix
So its a wrap

Tier I Contenders - Bama Auburn tOSU Clemson
Tier II - USC UGA FSU LSU ND Texas PSU
Tier III - (maybe get to NC but not win) OU Vols UCLA UF

11:58 PM - Jul 16, 2018

BeardoMSU
09-06-2018, 09:11 AM
His matrix, which makes as much sense as the third Matrix movie.

You can say that again.

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/156/156804.gif

BeardoMSU
09-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Dave Bartoo
@CFBMatrix
So its a wrap

This is all you need to know about that mook.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Shotgun probably really upset right now. He worships bartoo.

It's just about understanding the perspective from which he speaks. He's purely objective. Problem is, sports aren't objective. However, by understanding how he formulated his opinion, it gives you a foundation from which to work off of to form yours.

Covercorner2
09-06-2018, 09:17 AM
His matrix, which makes as much sense as the third Matrix movie, says Snyder at home is just about a lock.

Then the Twitters exploded with State fans reminding Bartoo he said take Tennessee over West Virginia.

Doesn't he base like 90% of his stuff off of "talent" and recruiting rankings (which is probably why he picked UT over WV)? If that is the case, why in the world would he pick Kansas State?

msstate7
09-06-2018, 09:20 AM
Doesn't he base like 90% of his stuff off of "talent" and recruiting rankings (which is probably why he picked UT over WV)? If that is the case, why in the world would he pick Kansas State?
Coaching. That's why he picked UCLA as a contender, and k state over us

StarkVegasSteve
09-06-2018, 09:24 AM

After listening to him on OOB a few times you can easily come to the realization that this is one of those guys thats wrong 90% of the time, but he won't ever let you forget about the 10% of the time he is right.

Political Hack
09-06-2018, 09:26 AM
He went farther than that. He had Texas, tenn, and Florida as playoff contenders

Zero credibility left. I don't know who he is and now I know why.

dawgday166
09-06-2018, 09:27 AM

That and coach effect. Pruitt has a high coach effect with him, but that is as a DC too.

He loves our combined coach effect this year (Moorhead & Shoop). He say Saban has worst coordinators he's ever had ... hates that combo. He says OC isn't good at all.

dawgday166
09-06-2018, 09:28 AM
After listening to him on OOB a few times you can easily come to the realization that this is one of those guys thats wrong 90% of the time, but he won't ever let you forget about the 10% of the time he is right.

Actually he's right quite often. He was 5-2 against spread last week. Lost big on UWV/Tenn game. If you go with recruiting rankings as your primary way to pick games, you probably gonna be right a good bit of the time.

Ari Gold
09-06-2018, 09:29 AM

So basically he sucks his own cock when he gets something right about as much as Barrett Sally does.
Which isn’t very often

dawgday166
09-06-2018, 09:29 AM

He do love him some Chip Kelly.

Bass Chaser
09-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Is he saying K State wins or just covers the spread?

dawgday166
09-06-2018, 09:33 AM

Covers the spread. Historically speaking ... at K State they are extremely good at doing that.

msstate7
09-06-2018, 09:35 AM
Cover, I think.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with him, but his "playoff contenders" lost all credibility with me... tenn and UCLA lol

Gutter Cobreh
09-06-2018, 09:35 AM
It's just about understanding the perspective from which he speaks. He's purely objective. Problem is, sports aren't objective. However, by understanding how he formulated his opinion, it gives you a foundation from which to work off of to form yours.

This explains quite a bit about you. You allow others to define the foundation of your thoughts, as opposed to relying on what you see for yourself. It also explains why you've consistently gone off the rails in your posts since C34 left the board. He provided you the perspective and you turned his thoughts and twisted the verbiage to make it sound original.

StarkVegasSteve
09-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Actually he's right quite often. He was 5-2 against spread last week. Lost big on UWV/Tenn game. If you go with recruiting rankings as your primary way to pick games, you probably gonna be right a good bit of the time.

You are probably right. I honestly don't follow him at all. I just know there's more than a few big games he said were absolute locks one way and they went completely the other way. He also said that using his matrix Don leaving meant we'd only win 7 games this year which is a load of crap. He just panders to the big teams and skews his matrix to fit their team having success. Which is understandable, I mean the guy is running a business and those bigger fan bases will buy whatever he's selling if it's positive for their team. Pretty sure he's been on the Texas is back bandwagon for years now.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 09:38 AM
So basically he sucks his own cock when he gets something right about as much as Barrett Sally does.
Which isn?t very often

But I much prefer him to the Sally types because he doesn't see helmets & isn't bought off other schools.

At least what he is saying is what his formula indicates.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 09:38 AM
This explains quite a bit about you. You allow others to define the foundation of your thoughts, as opposed to relying on what you see for yourself. It also explains why you've consistently gone off the rails in your posts since C34 left the board. He provided you the perspective and you turned his thoughts and twisted the verbiage to make it sound original.

You nailed it. Education is a bad thing because what you just did was argue against education

Cooterpoot
09-06-2018, 09:41 AM
My formula says we're going to kick the shit out of KSU as long as we don't turn the ball over all day.

Dawg2003
09-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Some of these predictions are done to gin up controversy and generate excitement. They mean nothing.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 09:45 AM
My formula says we're going to kick the shit out of KSU as long as we don't turn the ball over all day.

I agree completely.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 09:46 AM
Some of these predictions are done to gin up controversy and generate excitement. They mean nothing.

No they aren't. Bartoo's predictions are based on gambling

dawgday166
09-06-2018, 09:49 AM
You are probably right. I honestly don't follow him at all. I just know there's more than a few big games he said were absolute locks one way and they went completely the other way. He also said that using his matrix Don leaving meant we'd only win 7 games this year which is a load of crap. He just panders to the big teams and skews his matrix to fit their team having success. Which is understandable, I mean the guy is running a business and those bigger fan bases will buy whatever he's selling if it's positive for their team. Pretty sure he's been on the Texas is back bandwagon for years now.

Seems like he may have said our floor is 7 games maybe. I think it is 8 myself. Our 3 SECW and 1 OOC away games are gonna be tough. Then FL, AU, and TAM aren't gonna be walks in the park I don't think. Hard to say just yet though. Will have better feel over next few games.

ETA: Personally, I think we should mop the floor with KState. Will we? is the question.

Jack Lambert
09-06-2018, 10:03 AM
He was betting the spread not the win.

TrapGame
09-06-2018, 10:03 AM

K State is going to stack the box and force Nick to throw. Last year that was a good game plan but this year with Mitchell, Guidry and Austin Williams it might not be the smartest move.

dawgday166
09-06-2018, 10:05 AM
He was betting the spread not the win.

Yes .. he was. Bo Bounds and crew have a weekly with Bartoo and they all pick some big (or hyped) games against the spread.

RiverCityDawg
09-06-2018, 10:09 AM

We must have the same computer.

sleepy dawg
09-06-2018, 10:17 AM
To me it seems like a really weird line. I would've thought we would've been at least 14 point favorites in this game. When vegas throws out lines way off what they so obviously should be, I get scared. I feel they know something I'm not seeing. My gut instinct is to bet the house on MSU, but something just seems off. I'm not betting us this week.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-06-2018, 10:19 AM
Dave Bartoo
@CFBMatrix
So its a wrap

It's like he just wanted to include all the biggest national fanbases for clicks or something. Can't believe he left off Michigan.

PMDawg
09-06-2018, 10:21 AM
I dont find it that outrageous. I think KSU covers the spread. I think we win by 3-7 points. That is a tough place to play, and Snyder is a good coach.

I dont expect a blowout at all. This is a tricky game. If we go in there and blow them out, I'll be all aboard the 11-1 or 12-0 train.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 10:29 AM
To me it seems like a really weird line. I would've thought we would've been at least 14 point favorites in this game. When vegas throws out lines way off what they so obviously should be, I get scared. I feel they know something I'm not seeing. My gut instinct is to bet the house on MSU, but something just seems off. I'm not betting us this week.

I get that instinct, but it's simply not true.

Vegas had Texas Tech -2 vs Ole Miss & everyone thought Ole Miss was much better. You know what? Everyone was right.

I think Vegas gets too much credit.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 10:30 AM
I dont find it that outrageous. I think KSU covers the spread. I think we win by 3-7 points. That is a tough place to play, and Snyder is a good coach.

I dont expect a blowout at all. This is a tricky game. If we go in there and blow them out, I'll be all aboard the 11-1 or 12-0 train.

I view this as like when we play one of those MAC teams.

Miami of Ohio in the St Pete Bowl, Bowling Green, etc.

That's what I think we will be facing, which is somewhat scary if you don't come ready

tcdog70
09-06-2018, 10:32 AM
tough place to play--wow. We play LSU-Auburn-Bama-etc. just how tough can it be? I'll bet on this game. I'll bet our defense clamps down on the Wildcat's nuts. I'll bet Fitz has a great game. K-State doesn't even hav e 4 star playing. Jimmys and Joes is what it is about. Jo-Mo will have us ready.

PMDawg
09-06-2018, 10:34 AM
I view this as like when we play one of those MAC teams.

Miami of Ohio in the St Pete Bowl, Bowling Green, etc.

That's what I think we will be facing, which is somewhat scary if you don't come ready

Go look at their home record under Snyder. Very few blowouts. Lots of wins, some big upsets, and a lot of close losses to highly ranked teams.

The only blowouts have come at the hands of teams with really low numbers next to their name.

Sometimes, week 1 results can sway opinions a little too much. You always take week 1 with a grain of salt.

PMDawg
09-06-2018, 10:35 AM
tough place to play--wow. We play LSU-Auburn-Bama-etc. just how tough can it be? I'll bet on this game. I'll bet our defense clamps down on the Wildcat's nuts. I'll bet Fitz has a great game. K-State doesn't even hav e 4 star playing. Jimmys and Joes is what it is about. Jo-Mo will have us ready.

It's not tough in the same way. It's tough as in it's in the middle of nowhere, it's an 11:00 game, it's not an exciting matchup, and they are well coached.

hacker
09-06-2018, 10:37 AM

Vegas had Texas Tech -2 vs Ole Miss & everyone thought Ole Miss was much better. You know what? Everyone was right.

Lines move based on where the money is going. If "everyone" thought Ole Miss was so much better, then the line would've indicated that.

Besides, you can't take the results of one game and extrapolate anything meaningful from it. In general, Vegas makes a lot of money, so they're right more often than not.

FriarsPoint
09-06-2018, 10:39 AM
This is the best defense they will see all year. Period. They are going to get skull ******.

BulldogBear
09-06-2018, 10:40 AM

The problem is I don't think his system accounts for development or flops. If you start as a ** you stay a ** even if you win the Heisman.

Ari Gold
09-06-2018, 10:43 AM
It’s a road game at a very unfamiliar place to everyone on the roster.
They will be well coached always are under Synder
I fully expect to win the game by 2tds plus but wouldn’t be shocked and ready to go panic mode if we don’t cover the spread and I don’t give a **** if we win by 31 or by 1 .

dawgday166
09-06-2018, 10:45 AM
The problem is I don't think his system accounts for development or flops. If you start as a ** you stay a ** even if you win the Heisman.

Very true and that's where I diverge from him. I believe Fitz, all the Oline, Sweat, Abrams, Cole, Rivers were all 3*. Sweat, Abrams, Cole, Rivers weren't 3* when they came out of Juco IMO. Then Fitz and Oline have exceeded their 3* rankings too. Fitz is at least 4* now and has potential that's off the charts if he improves touch and downfield accuracy. 3 or so Olinemen are like that too.

Bartoo goes solely on recruiting rankings in this respect.

Cooterpoot
09-06-2018, 10:46 AM
K State is going to stack the box and force Nick to throw. Last year that was a good game plan but this year with Mitchell, Guidry and Austin Williams it might not be the smartest move.

It was a good plan because of Mullen's offensive philosophy.

msstate7
09-06-2018, 10:46 AM
I fully expect to win the game by 2tds plus but wouldn’t be shocked and ready to go panic mode if we don’t cover the spread and I don’t give a **** if we win by 31 or by 1 .

I'm the same way. I wanna win... any win is acceptable, and a loss is unacceptable

PMDawg
09-06-2018, 10:48 AM

THIS

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Bill Connolly has us winning 35-10

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/6/17826820/college-football-picks-week-2-2018-predictions-odds-spreads

smootness
09-06-2018, 11:03 AM

Vegas does not set lines based on what they think will happen, but based on what will get the most money flowing on both sides.

This has always been true. I don't know why people evaluate it as though Vegas is actually making a prediction. They don't care about what actually happens in the game, they care about how to get the most money bet as evenly as possible.

gravedigger
09-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Vegas wasnt saying TT is 2 points better than OM. They were saying that the gamblers would even the bets at TT minus 2.

Two ENTIRELY different things.

TrapGame
09-06-2018, 11:06 AM
It was a good plan because of Mullen's offensive philosophy.

But chicks dig the long ball.**

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Vegas wasnt saying TT is 2 points better than OM. They were saying that the gamblers would even the bets at TT minus 2.

Agree. That's my point. Don't fear the Vegas lines.

Commercecomet24
09-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Vegas does not set lines based on what they think will happen, but based on what will get the most money flowing on both sides.

This has always been true. I don't know why people evaluate it as though Vegas is actually making a prediction. They don't care about what actually happens in the game, they care about how to get the most money bet as evenly as possible.

Exactly! They could give a rats behind who wins, as long as they make money.

Commercecomet24
09-06-2018, 11:15 AM

Agreed. Don't forget the TE's and RB's as well.. All did great work in the passing game last week.

smootness
09-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Exactly! They could give a rats behind who wins, as long as they make money.

I don't think I ever apologized for doubting you on JT Ginn. So I'm sorry, I was wrong. I didn't think there was any way he actually showed up and thought you were just buying in because you knew him. Sorry, man, and boy am I glad to be wrong!

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-06-2018, 11:40 AM
KState is a tough place to play (historically) and Snider is a great coach (historically), but there is only one year this decade where KState started the year looking terrible yet turned itt around quick. google the schedules: '10, '12, and '14-'17 they blew out the G5 an FCS teams they played in the first 2-3 weeks. in '13 they lost to SDSU and started the year 2-4 with 0 P5 wins. you have to go back to '11 to find a year where they struggled out the gate yet turned out ok.

That's 5/7 years -including the last 4- where KState was WAY better to start the year than we saw last week, 1/7 where they started bad and stayed bad, and 1/7 where they looked bad but were actually good. It would appear as though this is a worse KState team than we're used too. Just my 2c based on history

Commercecomet24
09-06-2018, 11:48 AM
I don't think I ever apologized for doubting you on JT Ginn. So I'm sorry, I was wrong. I didn't think there was any way he actually showed up and thought you were just buying in because you knew him. Sorry, man, and boy am I glad to be wrong!

I appreciate that but there's no reason to apologize, I completely understand why folks were skeptical. I would've probably felt the same way if I didn't have the type of relationship I have with them. It's all good!

Commercecomet24
09-06-2018, 11:48 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to smootness again.

msstate7
09-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Interesting stats from KSU game Saturday... they gave up 8 TFLs. They also gave up 3 sacks. They only avg 5.4 yds/carry. For the stength of the team to be the oline, this would be disturbing to me if I were a KSU fan

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Interesting stats from KSU game Saturday... they gave up 8 TFLs. They also gave up 3 sacks. They only avg 5.4 yds/carry. For the stength of the team to be the oline, this would be disturbing to me if I were a KSU fan

Our DL is about to hand them an absolute ass whipping.

I think K-State comes out with some counters, reverses, & screens in an effort to slow down our DL

Ari Gold
09-06-2018, 12:34 PM

That line tarted TT+2 went as far the other way as TT -2.5 and went off at OM -2 again

dawgday166
09-06-2018, 12:34 PM
We only averaged 5.95. Not bad but would've liked it to be higher.

msstate7
09-06-2018, 12:44 PM
We only averaged 5.95. Not bad but would've liked it to be higher.

Our best rusher didn't play. Hill and aeris only got got 12 carries total. Throw out the big losses at the end by mayden not completing hand off, we had 35 att for 249 (7.11 per).

somebodyshotmypaw
09-06-2018, 12:59 PM
In a little over 48 hours, it won't matter. Bartoo will be right or he will be wrong. We have our work cut out for us. Kansas State is tough. But if we play well, we will win. We are better. Worry about ourselves and go get that W.

TrapGame
09-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Nick is the secret sauce for Saturday folks. This man is on a mission.

Commercecomet24
09-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Nick is the secret sauce for Saturday folks. This man is on a mission.

I agree. I think he has a huge day and a huge year!

Bothrops
09-06-2018, 01:32 PM

He did? He's a stone idiot.

biggun
09-06-2018, 03:34 PM

He actually picked us to win but not cover the 9.5 spread

msstate7
09-06-2018, 03:40 PM
He actually picked us to win but not cover the 9.5 spread

Yeah, I didn't word that well. He picked Kansas state and the points bc of coaching.

Dawg496
09-06-2018, 05:43 PM

So basically a successful Coach34?

JoseBrown
09-06-2018, 08:34 PM
I agree. I think he has a huge day and a huge year!

This is what I think too. And Moorhead's offense is exactly what he needs to get it done.

And I think we kick KSU's ass. I don't think they pose much of a threat to us on either side of the ball.

BuckyIsAB****
09-06-2018, 08:42 PM

Ouch

PMDawg
09-06-2018, 09:27 PM

Logged in just to rep this.