PDA

View Full Version : New bar ordinances in Oxford

Entodawg
09-05-2018, 09:38 PM
http://thedmonline.com/alderman-meeting/

These new ordinances in Oxford were passed Tuesday. Yancy had been rallying the Spirit back in the summer to work to stop them. Said it would affect recruiting. The scanning of IDs is the big one. No more fakes. They may lose the party after all.

Ezsoil
09-05-2018, 09:56 PM
All this means is you have to pay more to get a scanable ID...they are available if you know who and where to go to get them. I'm sure the network has a plan in place.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-06-2018, 06:06 AM
How does having a scannable ID relate to “Racial Bias”?.....I never have understand the arguement of having an ID required is racist....

RocketDawg
09-06-2018, 06:37 AM
Seems logical to me and way late in coming. If you're going to have a law, enforce it.

Saw an article yesterday that fraternities (letter released by governing organization) where "hard alcohol", defined as >15% by volume, is banned from fraternity parties. Beer is OK, and apparently most wine is. What they didn't address is that the vast, vast majority of student fraternity members are underage and can't legally drink alcohol at all. Are they tacitly endorsing alcohol consumption by them?