PDA

View Full Version : Is it strange that our...

Turfdawg67
09-04-2018, 05:49 PM
... political board is private and our recruiting board public???

msstate7
09-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Not to me... politics divide families and friends. Recruiting is just sports

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Actually the recruiting board is secret.

msbulldog
09-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Our recruiting board should be private:
1. To circumvent prying eyes.
2. To keep from hurting feelings.
Sorry Scuba, I know you disagree, we will just agree to.

msbulldog
09-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Actually the recruiting board is secret.

You and I were typing at the same time. Please explain the privacy part.

Turfdawg67
09-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Huh? You can't tell where posters stand politically without a private board? Ha! I'm not very astute, but even I can. Recruits read these boards and some posters cannot control their... inner thoughts?!? Also, why should OM lurkers (Yancy) get info from Ari & IYOK??

msstate7
09-04-2018, 06:03 PM
Huh? You can't tell where posters stand politically without a private board? Ha! I'm not very astute, but even I can. Recruits read these boards and some posters cannot control their... inner thoughts?!? Also, why should OM lurkers (Yancy) get info from Ari & IYOK??

This site is a business. May not be hugely profitable, but that thread brings a ton of clicks by non-registered people. Those clicks help this board stay free, and provide the owners a little compensation. All that aside though, I don't think anything is said here that isn't said on every other sec board about recruiting

BeardoMSU
09-04-2018, 06:09 PM
They should both be private.

I seen it dawg
09-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the opinions on how to run the board.

Turfdawg67
09-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the opinions on how to run the board.

Like anybody but Preacher gives a 17 about your opinions...

Turfdawg67
09-04-2018, 07:06 PM
This site is a business. May not be hugely profitable, but that thread brings a ton of clicks by non-registered people. Those clicks help this board stay free, and provide the owners a little compensation. All that aside though, I don't think anything is said here that isn't said on every other sec board about recruiting

Okay... zero to do with your original post about sports and friends. Next...

msstate7
09-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Okay... zero to do with your original post about sports and friends. Next...

Politics are a hell of a lot more inflammatory than recruiting. What's to understand?

I seen it dawg
09-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Like anybody but Preacher gives a 17 about your opinions...

What's your problem?

Turfdawg67
09-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Politics are a hell of a lot more inflammatory than recruiting. What's to understand?

Is it clicks or not pissing people off? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Howard Stern, the most successful radio person in history, has as many ppl listening that hate him as like him, which equal ratings. If it's only about clicks, then politics and religion are gold mines.

msstate7
09-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Is it clicks or not pissing people off? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Howard Stern, the most successful radio person in history, has as many ppl listening that hate him as like him, which equal ratings. If it's only about clicks, then politics and religion are gold mines.
Recruiting generates clicks, and it is miss sport related. Politics hurt a bunch of feelings, and aren't miss state sport related. Why are you crying to get the recruiting board private?

I seen it dawg
09-04-2018, 07:32 PM
We choose to separate politics from the main board bc we want to keep the main board as sports. Same reason we have other forums as well. We separate it also for reasons that's none of anyone's business except the owners.

We choose to keep recruiting on the main board bc well...that's what we think is best. Some will agree and some will disagree and that's fine.

TUSK
09-04-2018, 08:00 PM
We should have a TUSK Forum.....

Turfdawg67
09-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Recruiting generates clicks, and it is miss sport related. Politics hurt a bunch of feelings, and aren't miss state sport related. Why are you crying to get the recruiting board private?

No one is crying, just posed the question. If the site needs clicks from OM lurkers to generate revenue, so be it. But I feel there is some stuff on there that should be privy to MSU fans.

We choose to separate politics from the main board bc we want to keep the main board as sports. Same reason we have other forums as well. We separate it also for reasons that's none of anyone's business except the owners.

We choose to keep recruiting on the main board bc well...that's what we think is best. Some will agree and some will disagree and that's fine.

Fair enough. It'd prefer it to be private so some stuff doesn't get out so the Yancys don't get fodder for their sheep. Just seems odd to me and possibly more harmful if recruits are lurking.

Dawg61
09-04-2018, 08:28 PM
We should have a TUSK Forum.....

I've got an invitation list for you when you get it set up.

I seen it dawg
09-04-2018, 08:29 PM
No one is crying, just posed the question. If the site needs clicks from OM lurkers to generate revenue, so be it. But I feel there is some stuff on there that should be privy to MSU fans.

Fair enough. It'd prefer it to be private so some stuff doesn't get out so the Yancys don't get fodder for their sheep. Just seems odd to me and possibly more harmful if recruits are lurking.

Opinion noted.

Now i want to get back to the post earlier about no one but preacher giving a 17 about my opinions...spit it out what's the problem?

TUSK
09-04-2018, 08:40 PM
I've got an invitation list for you when you get it set up.

LOL.... That cracked me up, 61.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawg61 again.

Dawgology
09-04-2018, 08:56 PM
The REAL recruiting board is private. You have to be vetted and know the code to get in it.

BiscuitEater
09-04-2018, 10:37 PM
... political board is private and our recruiting board public???

There is a 'recruiting board?'