PDA

View Full Version : A few thoughts this week

BeastMan
09-04-2018, 09:10 AM
-God am I happy to see Fitz this week. I?ve been critical of his accuracy and team leader abilities over the years but I couldn?t be happier to see him back. After the 2nd half of the Egg Bowl and the bowl game I had talked myself into KT making a big jump and actually challenging Nick this fall. No way no how this is 1000% his team and the journey starts Saturday. Be ready Fitz.

-Do not let last week?s KSU game cloud your judgement. They likely barely prepared for SDSU and were not interested in playing that game. They?ll be sky high for us and the atmosphere will be electric.

-This is our first game this year vs a running mobile QB. He?s not a great passer but can make things happen with his legs. Great challenge for our front 7. If they can bottle him up and beat him up a bit it will greatly effect his passing accuracy which isn?t good to begin with.

-Get ready for heavy doses of the RPO. Fitz and Kylin and I expect Williams to get some more carries. Last week I think JoMo went heavy downfield to make a point on film. Last year his QB was 18th nationally in yards per attempt and KT blew the lid off that number. I think you?ll see more RPO short passes as well as medium level routes (like deep ins).

-Last year KSU had the 15th best ypc rushing defense vs ranked opponents. This will be a great challenge for the OL and give us a measuring stick for Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Bama.

-Bill Snyder is a wizard and his numbers on Dave Bartoo?s matrix are off the charts. He does not lose at home. His last SEC match-up in Manhatten was 2014 top-5 Auburn that they lost 20-14 after turning the ball over a bunch. They play a clean game they win. MSU fans need to be ready for a war.

99jc
09-04-2018, 09:15 AM
-Do not let last week?s KSU game cloud your judgement. They likely barely prepared for SDSU and were not interested in playing that game. They?ll be sky high for us and the atmosphere will be electric.

We will beat the ever living shit out of this team...??? damn son you really think this will be a close game. They SUCK!

Jarius
09-04-2018, 09:19 AM
This game is not going to be close unless we turn it over a lot. I don't care how much they were not up for an FCS school. If you have to have 2 4th quarter td's to beat a mid level FCS school you don't have a good p5 team. They can't throw the ball at all and that is our only weakness. If we play as good as we played this past Saturday, which was not anywhere near our best, we will beat them by 3 touchdowns.

msstate7
09-04-2018, 09:20 AM
We played 4 road games last year. We were completely destroyed in the auburn and Georgia games. We dominated an aTm team and survived Arkansas. Both teams fired their coach. I too think this will be a challenge for us... 31-17 state

ETA... we dominated la tech last season also. I think k state is more on aTm and ark level though

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Beast...lately, the last week or so, you have been going out of your way to sound like the smartest guy in the room. Your takes have been unusual and turble especially on twitter. Get it together man.

We will win this game with a cushion throughout unless injuries in the first quarter. no, I don't want to bet on it. Just my opinion.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2018, 09:42 AM
KT did not have a red shirt year. He was put into a bad situation. He did a hell of a job. He played the hand he was given as well as one would think for a True Freshman last season. Let's not forget he is still very young and will be one hell of a QB.

99jc
09-04-2018, 09:51 AM
We played 4 road games last year. We were completely destroyed in the auburn and Georgia games. We dominated an aTm team and survived Arkansas. Both teams fired their coach. I too think this will be a challenge for us... 31-17 state

ETA... we dominated la tech last season also. I think k state is more on aTm and ark level though

to even mention KsU/KU in the same breath as Aubarn and GA is sacrilegious and is like comparing a cow turd to a ribeye.

msstate7
09-04-2018, 09:55 AM
to even mention KsU/KU in the same breath as Aubarn and GA is sacrilegious and is like comparing a cow turd to a ribeye.

Wasn't comparing them... k state did take playoff Oklahoma to the wire last season at home, 42-35

hacker
09-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Beast...lately, the last week or so, you have been going out of your way to sound like the smartest guy in the room. Your takes have been unusual and turble especially on twitter. Get it together man.

We will win this game with a cushion throughout unless injuries in the first quarter. no, I don't want to bet on it. Just my opinion.

It's that keto flu getting to his head**

TrapGame
09-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Had Snyder coached an ultra-vanilla game and beat South Dakota by three tds I'd be worried. But he had to have a 4th quarter td to pull this out.

But this may help him fire the team up for us. They'll have something to prove Saturday.

BeastMan
09-04-2018, 10:34 AM

Specifically? Call somebody out be specific. KT looked bad? LSU looked good? What hurt your feelings?

BeastMan
09-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Had Snyder coached an ultra-vanilla game and beat South Dakota by three tds I'd be worried. But he had to have a 4th quarter td to pull this out.

But this may help him fire the team up for us. They'll have something to prove Saturday.

I’m not specifically worried about this game but acting like a road game in Manhattan is a cake walk is koolade. We have decades of data on Snyder teams.

Cooterpoot
09-04-2018, 10:48 AM
We're going to win big. We won't give up more than 17 points and that'll only be if we score 45+ and pull guys.

BeastMan
09-04-2018, 11:06 AM
We're going to win big. We won't give up more than 17 points and that'll only be if we score 45+ and pull guys.

42-10 would be quite the message. I think we’re gonna be surprised with how hard they play but I also think JoMo has some serious offensive wrinkles coming after what I think was a schematic set-up game last week. JoMo knows this game is freaking huge for his tenure. I’m really pumped to see our “new offense” will actually look like in QB play but also scheme/playcalling because last week wasn’t it. I bet ya

msstate7
09-04-2018, 11:10 AM
According to engie on sps, winds expected to be 25-30 mph. We're about to find out how improved fitz's accuracy is. I personally am a little nervous with him throwing down field into winds like that

Jack Lambert
09-04-2018, 11:12 AM
According to engie on sps, winds expected to be 25-30 mph. We're about to find out how improved fitz's accuracy is. I personally am a little nervous with him throwing down field into winds like that

He has a strong arm. Hell he might throw one back to Mississippi with the wind.

msstate7
09-04-2018, 11:15 AM
He has a strong arm. Hell he might throw one back to Mississippi with the wind.

I have zero worries about whether fitz can deliver the ball. I have plenty of worries on whether he can deliver it where he wants it

Jack Lambert
09-04-2018, 11:17 AM
I have zero worries about whether fitz can deliver the ball. I have plenty of worries on whether he can deliver it where he wants it

This is why he really needed to play this past Saturday. I think our Defense and his running ability will make up for any mistakes he makes.

BeastMan
09-04-2018, 11:18 AM

The guy we’re playing isn’t accurate at all and isn’t half the runner Fitz is. If there is end like that it helps us huge. Our DL will destroy and own that line of scrimmage in a game like that.

msstate7
09-04-2018, 11:19 AM
This is why he really needed to play this past Saturday. I think our Defense and his running ability will make up for any mistakes he makes.

I think we'll be fine, but I don't expect us to look very good in the passing game Saturday

msstate7
09-04-2018, 11:20 AM
The guy we’re playing isn’t accurate at all and isn’t half the runner Fitz is. If there is end like that it helps us huge. Our DL will destroy and own that line of scrimmage in a game like that.

Wind like that is commonplace there though. Of course, being used it doesn't help if you simply can't throw

yjnkdawg
09-04-2018, 12:08 PM

According to the NWS hourly weather forecast out of Topeka KS, concerning the Manhattan forecast, the prediction is winds 7 to 10 miles per hour during our game and a 20% chance of rain. It all depends on where Gordon goes, but it is predicted currently to track east of Manhattan.

msstate7
09-04-2018, 12:17 PM
According to the NWS hourly weather forecast out of Topeka KS, concerning the Manhattan forecast, the prediction is winds 7 to 10 miles per hour during our game and a 20% chance of rain. It all depends on where Gordon goes, but it is predicted currently to track east of Manhattan.

Good, I like that much more

Lord McBuckethead
09-04-2018, 12:25 PM
If the wind is whipping around as anticipated, I would look for the team facing the wind to run 80% of the time and the team with the wind more 50-50.
With our Dline, I can see us getting early stops to make this game squarely about who make the worst mistakes. Throwing a pick isn't as bad as throwing a pick deep on our side of the field. I still think we win 35-20 or so.

TrapGame
09-04-2018, 12:27 PM

I hope so. I want to see what Nick can do without cows and Dorothy swirling around the field.

calidawg
09-04-2018, 12:34 PM
-Bill Snyder is a wizard and his numbers on Dave Bartoo?s matrix are off the charts. He does not lose at home. His last SEC match-up in Manhatten was 2014 top-5 Auburn that they lost 20-14 after turning the ball over a bunch. They play a clean game they win. MSU fans need to be ready for a war.

Auburn barely escaped that game, but 2 things: 1) Auburn wasn't very good that year. We are a way better team than that 2014 Auburn team. 2) That was a night game on like a Thursday I believe. 11 A.M games will not be as rowdy.

We will win and cover. I hope we face some adversity, as it will help us grow. 31-13 dogs.

yjnkdawg
09-04-2018, 12:45 PM
If the wind is whipping around as anticipated, I would look for the team facing the wind to run 80% of the time and the team with the wind more 50-50.
With our Dline, I can see us getting early stops to make this game squarely about who make the worst mistakes. Throwing a pick isn't as bad as throwing a pick deep on our side of the field. I still think we win 35-20 or so.

Who is currently anticipating it? Their local NWS Office isn't right now.

BB30
09-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Will be an interesting game none the less. Hoping we come out and make a statement but will be more than happy walking out of there with a W. Not really sure what to expect at this point as I don't think we really learned much of anything about our team last week due to playing a team that Jackson Prep could have stayed on the field with*

TrapGame
09-04-2018, 02:55 PM
Will be an interesting game none the less. Hoping we come out and make a statement but will be more than happy walking out of there with a W. Not really sure what to expect at this point as I don't think we really learned much of anything about our team last week due to playing a team that Jackson Prep could have stayed on the field with*

That's what has everyone so jittery. That and the fact Fitz didn't take a snap. Either K State hangs with us and gives us a game for four quarters or we blow their doors off like a F5 tornado.

BuckyIsAB****
09-04-2018, 09:49 PM
They will probably play their best game of the season this saturday. They will have their best atmosphere this saturday. Any of yall thinking this will be a walk in the park are probably wrong.

Bill Snyder and everybody at KSU knows they arent going to any playoff and they aint winning the big 12. But they do know they have a ranked SEC team coming to their place and are going to want to prove a point.

If we go in half cocked we will get beat

Cooterpoot
09-04-2018, 09:58 PM
We?re going to kick the shit out of KSU. It might be close for a half if they?re lucky. Defense will score.

Belegal
09-04-2018, 09:59 PM
My problem is at my age driving 11 hours in a storm to get there- that's a downer

biggun
09-05-2018, 09:55 AM
KSU players already playing up the “they don’t respect us” card and that they will be ready for #18 on Saturday. 11am kick on the road vs a well coached team in a sold out stadium, going to be a close game, foolish to expect otherwise.

If shoe was on other foot and they were #18 visiting unranked MSU, everyone would be saying KState exits Starkville with an L.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-05-2018, 10:43 AM
I've read/heard that Snyder plays ultra-vanilla against FCS teams and expects his team to out talent/execute their opponent. Works most of the time but sometimes it leads to games like last week. In 2011 they only beat Eastern Kentucky 10-7 to open the season and went on to go 10-3 with multiple wins over ranked teams. Manhattan is a tough place to play. Expecting us to go in and blow the doors off them might cause some of you some grief Saturday.

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2018, 10:59 AM
KSU players already playing up the ?they don?t respect us? card and that they will be ready for #18 on Saturday. 11am kick on the road vs a well coached team in a sold out stadium, going to be a close game, foolish to expect otherwise.

If shoe was on other foot and they were #18 visiting unranked MSU, everyone would be saying KState exits Starkville with an L.

You're just a scared MSU fan.

Not saying we won't struggle some, but we are literally better than them at every.single.position.on.the.field

msstate7
09-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Not saying we won't struggle some, but we are literally better than them at every.single.position.on.the.field

Guess we have no shot at bama then bc the same is pretty much true

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2018, 11:13 AM

I think we have some players that would start for Bama. Not many but a few.

But, yes, that's why we've lost to Bama 10 years in a row & most of the games haven't been competitive.

I think you could make a good argument that Jenkins, another OL, Simmons, Sweat, & Abram would all possibly start for Bama or at least be equal to what Bama is starting at those positions.

I don't think K-State has near that many that would start for us

msstate7
09-05-2018, 11:15 AM
I think we have some players that would start for Bama. Not many but a few.

But, yes, that's why we've lost to Bama 10 years in a row & most of the game haven't been competitive.

Dlines are very comparable... maybe even to our advantage. If you go front 7 or back 7/8, no contest imo. I think we will need a superhuman effort from fitz or a stinker from tua to win at T-town.

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Dlines are very comparable... maybe even to our advantage. If you go front 7 or back 7/8, no contest imo. I think we will need a superhuman effort from fitz or a stinker from tua to win at T-town.

Agree, but I don't think that was ever in question. It'll be a war on the LOS, but Bama will have the advantage at the skill positions. We'll have to play lights out to win that game, but after not playing lights out vs them for 10 years, you could argue that we are due

msstate7
09-05-2018, 11:18 AM
I have 2 concerns about this game:

1. Fitz first game in an offense that likes to challenge vertically and fitz has not been good in that area so far

2. K State oline is very well thought of and that could somewhat neutralize our biggest strength, dline

I haven't watched enough of KSU to know if that oline is as good as advertised, but I hope it isn't.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-05-2018, 02:26 PM
- atmosphere will be electric.

It's interesting stadium, but it's no bigger or more intense than most SEC environments we play in.

Last year KSU had the 15th best ypc rushing defense vs ranked opponents.

It's the Big12, rushing numbers are way down. There's only 1 RB in the Big12 in the Top 40 of rushing from last year.

Bill Snyder is a wizard and his numbers on Dave Bartoo?s matrix are off the charts. He does not lose at home.

This is my biggest concern

nm

Pit Bull
09-05-2018, 02:56 PM
-God am I happy to see Fitz this week. I?ve been critical of his accuracy and team leader abilities over the years but I couldn?t be happier to see him back. After the 2nd half of the Egg Bowl and the bowl game I had talked myself into KT making a big jump and actually challenging Nick this fall. No way no how this is 1000% his team and the journey starts Saturday. Be ready Fitz.

-This is our first game this year vs a running mobile QB. He?s not a great passer but can make things happen with his legs. Great challenge for our front 7. If they can bottle him up and beat him up a bit it will greatly effect his passing accuracy which isn?t good to begin with.

-Get ready for heavy doses of the RPO. Fitz and Kylin and I expect Williams to get some more carries. Last week I think JoMo went heavy downfield to make a point on film. Last year his QB was 18th nationally in yards per attempt and KT blew the lid off that number. I think you?ll see more RPO short passes as well as medium level routes (like deep ins).

-Last year KSU had the 15th best ypc rushing defense vs ranked opponents. This will be a great challenge for the OL and give us a measuring stick for Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Bama.

KT is gonna have his work cut out next year holding off Mayden.

Bully13
09-05-2018, 03:43 PM
"no bigger or intense than other SEC stadiums we play in?" No shit.

"Does not lose at home?" We shall see

Todd4State
09-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Auburn barely escaped that game, but 2 things: 1) Auburn wasn't very good that year. We are a way better team than that 2014 Auburn team. 2) That was a night game on like a Thursday I believe. 11 A.M games will not be as rowdy.

We will win and cover. I hope we face some adversity, as it will help us grow. 31-13 dogs.

Why is facing adversity good? Let's just kick everyone's ass.

Dawgology
09-05-2018, 04:24 PM

This is an innacurate statement

Dawgology
09-05-2018, 04:24 PM

And his 25 yard fumblitits? I don't know...

msstate7
09-05-2018, 04:26 PM
This is an innacurate statement

What positions you think we outclass them?

For the record, I'm not saying we can't win... just that it will take some good fortune

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2018, 04:54 PM
What positions you think we outclass them?

For the record, I'm not saying we can't win... just that it will take some good fortune

Not sure we "outclass them" but I feel pretty good about saying that Jenkins, another OL, Simmons, Sweat, and Abram are equal to or better than what they starting. Rivers maybe as well.

Dental Dawg33
09-05-2018, 05:08 PM
We?re going to kick the shit out of KSU. It might be close for a half if they?re lucky. Defense will score.

1) you are correct

2) I laugh my ass off every time I see your user name

RocketDawg
09-05-2018, 05:33 PM

I liked the way our walk-on looked. He's got a good arm.

Percho
09-05-2018, 05:45 PM
I liked the way our walk-on looked. He's got a good arm.

He looked calm, cool and collected, to me.

MedDawg
09-05-2018, 05:55 PM

When he's throwing with the wind, I'm nervous for the fans in the first several rows beyond the endzone.

BuckyIsAB****
09-06-2018, 01:37 AM
Why is facing adversity good? Let's just kick everyone's ass.

Something bad is going to happen saturday.. If it doesnt happen saturday it will at some point. How we respond to it is the difference in Atlanta or a good season

Howboutdemdogs
09-06-2018, 05:50 AM
The line is 9-1/2, so last night I placed $100 on State at the Beau Rivage. I have a feeling that the line should be higher. I am hoping that we win by at least 2TD?s.

MedDawg
09-06-2018, 09:42 AM
The line is 9-1/2, so last night I placed $100 on State at the Beau Rivage. I have a feeling that the line should be higher. I am hoping that we win by at least 2TD?s.

Do the coast casinos have lines on games beyond this week? I'm coming to the coast today through Sunday morning and already have a few games picked out for this week, but would do some research if they had games for week 3 or beyond.

War Machine Dawg
09-06-2018, 10:18 AM
I have 2 concerns about this game:

1. Fitz first game in an offense that likes to challenge vertically and fitz has not been good in that area so far

2. K State oline is very well thought of and that could somewhat neutralize our biggest strength, dline

I haven't watched enough of KSU to know if that oline is as good as advertised, but I hope it isn't.

Their OL got pushed around by SDU. I feel sorry for what our DL will do to them. It's probably going to be criminal.

TrapGame
09-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Their OL got pushed around by SDU. I feel sorry for what our DL will do to them. It's probably going to be criminal.

Yeah, I understand Snyder going ultra-vanilla for SDU but that doesn't mean your top 10 OL looks like shit the entire game. SDU's front four pushed them back all night.

gravedigger
09-06-2018, 11:14 AM
I’m not specifically worried about this game but acting like a road game in Manhattan is a cake walk is koolade. We have decades of data on Snyder teams.

Not to criticize that train of thought but there is no relevance to Snyder's teams past 3 years ago from a data standpoint.

He's a good coach and his team will not be as outmatched as SFA, but we will also keep starters in longer. No telling how the score will end up and we will have to play more focused in the secondary, but I think the score will get out of hand late due to our depth. Weather may keep the scoring lower and Snyder may try to run clock to keep it down too.

I just dont feel like KSU's history of being good or bad prior to 2015 has anything more than a negligible affect on this game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-06-2018, 03:57 PM

That's when you throw short intermediate passes and nickel and dime the shit out of them.

msstate7
09-06-2018, 04:05 PM
That's when you throw short intermediate passes and nickel and dime the shit out of them.

Looks like slight chance of rain and 8-11 mph winds. No concerns about weather

Jack Lambert
09-06-2018, 04:07 PM
"no bigger or intense than other SEC stadiums we play in?" No shit.

"Does not lose at home?" We shall see

11:00 start time.

War Machine Dawg
09-06-2018, 09:58 PM
11:00 start time.

I think early starts are advantageous for the road team. Wake up, get to the stadium and play. No sitting around the hotel getting nervous or stiff. Crowd is usually pretty much dead. Get out there, take care of business, get on the plane or bus home.