PDA

View Full Version : Was their any dropped passes?

dawgoneyall
09-03-2018, 07:21 PM
May have been one/some but don't remember a dropped pass.

Talking about a pass that hits the hands or bread basket and is simply dropped.

If so it would have to be the first time in ages.

RocketDawg
09-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Yes, Guidry dropped one that hit him right in the chest. Was pretty much a bubble screen.

MaroonFlounder
09-03-2018, 08:25 PM
I think Deddrick Thomas dropped one.

Doggie_Style
09-03-2018, 08:47 PM
I think Deddrick Thomas dropped one.

I believe Aeris Williams dropped one....could be wrong

maroonmania
09-03-2018, 08:56 PM
I actually thought the WRs looked really good overall. Weakest part of our pass game was QB accuracy and OL protection.

preachermatt83
09-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Gibson and hill both had a drop but neither were great passes. Def looked a lot better than the last few years.

Bothrops
09-03-2018, 10:54 PM
Austin Williams was dropped by one.

RiverCityDawg
09-04-2018, 06:25 AM
I actually thought the WRs looked really good overall. Weakest part of our pass game was QB accuracy and OL protection.

OL protection was pretty good. After watching the game again, the only times they got a little pressure were when they brought at least six guys on a blitz with our 5 guys trying to block them. In those cases you have to get the ball out quick or scramble, which is what KT did since he was looking deep so much.

As far as drops, Deddrick had one hit him in the chest but he was being guarded closely. I didn't see any others I would call drops. Maybe one to Kylin but it wasn't a great throw. Osirus didn't catch that one they reviewed, but it was a bad throw so I wouldn't call that a drop.

thf24
09-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Yes, Guidry dropped one that hit him right in the chest. Was pretty much a bubble screen.

When was it? I've watched the game twice and didn't see this drop by Guidry, except for the one where the throw was out of bounds.

WSOPdawg
09-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Drops were few, but KT made up for those by missing badly on many of his throws, which were to the correct WR but just poorly thrown. Definitely mechanical on his part which can be corrected. On several pass attempts, you could see him almost fall all over himself as he threw b/c he got his feet tangled. Again, correctible and I'm glad we have him taking the reins next year but we should see vast improvement this week with the return of Fitz.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2018, 08:19 AM

The O line protection broke down when they started experimenting with different combination of lineman. Which is bad but now they see what they need to work on.