PDA

View Full Version : Top 15 ranking I am guessing

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 11:46 PM
after week 1 we are going to see Miami drop considerably maybe even out the top 25. Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan are all about to drop in the polls too. I think we move up to #15 headed to KSU. Was an interesting first week. SEC looked very good. Maybe the best ever opening week for the SEC in as long as I can remember. Only Tennessee looked terrible. Bama, LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss all made a strong statement week 1 for the SEC West. Now it's time for State to make one in the OOC. aTm can join us too as they play Clemson at home. Arkansas OOC schedule this year is a total joke. They are 4-0 guaranteed.

yjnkdawg
09-03-2018, 12:07 AM
I hope we move up that far. I can't remember a team dropping that many spots in the poll in one week to knock Miami out of the top 25, but I guess anything is possible. They apparently were way over rated. On the OM strong showing . the jury is still out on that one. Texas Tech's quarterback was injured, and Texas Tech doesn't appear to be that good. OM's offense should score points, but good offensive teams should make McGriff's job really difficult, and give him some major headaches. Defense was Freeze's weak link. JMO

TimberBeast
09-03-2018, 12:21 AM
Miami of course will not drop out of the top 25, that’s nonsense, no one goes from 8 to 25 in the first week. Also, LSU will very likely jump in front of us. Jury is still way out on ole miss, Texas tech is awful.

Skydawg1
09-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Miami of course will not drop out of the top 25, that’s nonsense, no one goes from 8 to 25 in the first week. Also, LSU will very likely jump in front of us. Jury is still way out on ole miss, Texas tech is awful.

There is no way in hell LSU will jump in front of a ranked team (MSU), already ranked higher than them, that has all returners coming back from a team that killed them last season. no.way.in.hell.

Dawg61
09-03-2018, 12:37 AM

I doubt they drop totally out but it has happened before. Arkansas did it in 2012 when Petrino wrecked his bike and they lost to ULM first week and Michigan did it in 2007 when they lost to App State. Michigan was #5 that year, Arkansas #8 in 2012. Both dropped completely out of the poll after the 1st week.

TimberBeast
09-03-2018, 12:48 AM
There is no way in hell LSU will jump in front of a ranked team (MSU), already ranked higher than them, that has all returners coming back from a team that killed them last season. no.way.in.hell.

I hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least

yjnkdawg
09-03-2018, 12:49 AM

I don't see LSU jumping ahead of us, because we did what we should have done against a team like SFA. With some of the voters, though, you never know how the poll will end up.

ScoobaDawg
09-03-2018, 01:35 AM
I doubt they drop totally out but it has happened before. Arkansas did it in 2012 when Petrino wrecked his bike and they lost to ULM first week and Michigan did it in 2007 when they lost to App State. Michigan was #5 that year, Arkansas #8 in 2012. Both dropped completely out of the poll after the 1st week.

So they lost to a FCS team and a non Power-5 Team... yea that's deserved to have a major drop. Losing to LSU a top 25 SEC team.. they won't drop out. They fall into the top 15 I would think.

We move up to 16 possibly. maybe only 17. 3 teams in front of us lost, Miami, Washington, and Michigan. We might jump Michigan but not likely. We aren't going to be rewarded a ton for destroying a FCS team in week 1.
Penn state won't drop more than a couple likely. They still won.

shoeless joe
09-03-2018, 05:20 AM

This is why rankings this early are a joke. Some will look and see that LSU beat the #9 team which could vault them way up including ahead of us. When in reality Miami was too high to begin with. Polls mean diddly right now

Cooterpoot
09-03-2018, 06:40 AM
We won’t move up much, if at all. LSU will be right above us. LSU is a blue blood that beat a top 10 ranked team on national tv when nobody else played. They get votes we can’t get. Miami too. They’ll be about 20 probably.

Pit Bull
09-03-2018, 06:52 AM
Glad the SFA game is over. We should only play one game like this per year. And it seems most of us would rather pay 300-500K to one of our in-state SWAC schools before going out of state. I say rotate JSU, ASU, & MVSU annually to start the season, and keep the money in state. Only one stipulation.....they have to bring their band and give them a full performance time slot to strut their stuff. When JSU was here last time, I really enjoyed their band performance!

Cooterpoot
09-03-2018, 07:03 AM
We won’t move up much at all. LSU jumps us. Miami stays top 25. Some schools get benefits we don’t.

BulldogBear
09-03-2018, 08:07 AM
Glad the SFA game is over. We should only play one game like this per year. And it seems most of us would rather pay 300-500K to one of our in-state SWAC schools before going out of state. I say rotate JSU, ASU, & MVSU annually to start the season, and keep the money in state. Only one stipulation.....they have to bring their band and give them a full performance time slot to strut their stuff. When JSU was here last time, I really enjoyed their band performance!

I agree in principle, but...

Have we buried the hatchet with JSU?

Has Valley cleaned up the academic issues? We were going to play them but cancelled due to some rule I can't articulate. Basically we wouldn't have been able to count the W towards bowl eligibility.

So, bring on Alcorn but I don't know about the other two.

WSOPdawg
09-04-2018, 02:46 PM

You were saying?