PDA

View Full Version : College Football is now over officiated.

Coursesuper
09-02-2018, 08:27 PM
It is now to the point of ridiculousness.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Yup I hate to see it and hope to God they dont turn it into the NFL because I havent watched a NFL regular season game in years.

The stoppage of play and reviews for targeting have got to go. It is ruining the game

Homedawg
09-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Yup I hate to see it and hope to God they dont turn it into the NFL because I havent watched a NFL regular season game in years.

The stoppage of play and reviews for targeting have got to go. It is ruining the game

So what's the answer? No replay?? No thanks. Replay, is way better than the other way around

FanninDawg
09-02-2018, 09:21 PM
DVR will be the answer if it doesn’t change. The product from the stands is painful!

Coursesuper
09-02-2018, 09:29 PM
So what's the answer? No replay?? No thanks. Replay, is way better than the other way around

No, get rid of the ticky tak bullshat and let them play a football game. If there is no call on the field there is no reason for replay to be involved at all. Replay should be there for backup not driving the bus.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 09:38 PM
It is now to the point of ridiculousness.

Yep, replay needs to go away, except maybe in the last two minutes of each half, and I'm against that.

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Heck, they still get it wrong. That SFA guy caught that pass at the goal line yesterday. Reviewed it. Still got it wrong. I want a clean called game. It's not that damn hard.

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Also as long as they let bama receivers to run out and then back in, wTF is the point.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 10:41 PM

No Im not saying no replay Im saying stopping the game to look for a targeting that wasnt even called on the field is ridiculous and needs to stop

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Heck, they still get it wrong. That SFA guy caught that pass at the goal line yesterday. Reviewed it. Still got it wrong. I want a clean called game. It's not that damn hard.

I thought he caught it and I thought KT fumbled it and SFA got dicked on both of them. Think the replay guys just wanted to go have a few in the district

mstatefan91
09-02-2018, 11:13 PM
I thought he caught it and I thought KT fumbled it and SFA got dicked on both of them. Think the replay guys just wanted to go have a few in the district

Has nothing to do with what you think. Has everything to do with what's called on the field and what can be proven given the video.. neither video provided evidence strong enough to overturn the call on the field..

KT's forward progress could have been stopped.. the ball is down one of two ways.. forward progress stopped or knee/elbow down on the turf.. couldn't tell either conclusively via video.. call stands

The catch could be argued, but the video angles were poor and maybe the ref was in a better position to see the ball hit the ground.. call stands..

yjnkdawg
09-02-2018, 11:28 PM

If the call on the field was a catch, then the replay booth official would probably have said the play stands or is confirmed. There apparently was not enough replay evidence to over turn the call, in the mind of the replay official. Possibly the same type situation concerning KT.

Dawg61
09-03-2018, 12:01 AM
If text messaging takes all of one second to send and receive replay shouldn't take longer than 15 seconds to occur. The head ref doesn't have to stop and make an announcement to the crowd and then run over and put on a headset. He's not the one making the replay review. He's just the messenger. Whoever's looking at the replay tell the head ref (pause, reverse call/let call stand). The ejections for targeting with the crown need to be scrapped completely. I saw at least 8-10 guys getting ejected on Saturday. I watched roughly parts of 5 games so there had to be a hundred players ejected for targeting or more this week. All of them will miss the first half of this next week too. Unless the guy is spearing someone in the head it just needs to be a 15 yard penalty with a 2 strikes you're ejected rule.

mstatefan91
09-03-2018, 12:17 AM
If text messaging takes all of one second to send and receive replay shouldn't take longer than 15 seconds to occur. The head ref doesn't have to stop and make an announcement to the crowd and then run over and put on a headset. He's not the one making the replay review. He's just the messenger. Whoever's looking at the replay tell the head ref (pause, reverse call/let call stand). The ejections for targeting with the crown need to be scrapped completely. I saw at least 8-10 guys getting ejected on Saturday. I watched roughly parts of 5 games so there had to be a hundred players ejected for targeting or more this week. All of them will miss the first half of this next week too. Unless the guy is spearing someone in the head it just needs to be a 15 yard penalty with a 2 strikes you're ejected rule.
The targeting punishment is ridiculous. You have one chance for a penalty that can be interpreted multiple ways depending on who is viewing. The punishment is ejection and depending on when can impact the next week's game.. scale it back.. it's over the top

coachnorm
09-03-2018, 12:19 AM
Maybe the refs think they are rock stars with all that face time? Bet they love equal billing with the players they officiate? Also, more stoppages equals more commercials?

mstatefan91
09-03-2018, 12:49 AM
Maybe the refs think they are rock stars with all that face time? Bet they love equal billing with the players they officiate? Also, more stoppages equals more commercials?

Commercials/advertisement is probably the real answer on the reviews. Most officials don't want face time.. usually isn't good for them.

mstatefan91
09-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Double post

shoeless joe
09-03-2018, 05:25 AM
The problem is refs have begun to rely on replay instead of attempting to get the call correct on the field. Repkay had become a crutch and on field officiating has suffered because of it. It takes near an hour to play a quarter now...that is ridiculous

Pit Bull
09-03-2018, 06:40 AM

Yep....this is becoming a real problem. I had a hard time watching our game Saturday with all the replay and targeting stoppages. And a lot of games I watched Sat. were the same. Something will have to be done. Games are getting longer and longer because of it. The flow of our game was like having a complicated dental procedure done on you. No flow whatsoever. Poor SFA I think would have rather taken a quick ass whippin' and the check and head home to try to win their league.....nothing worse than dragging out getting your ass whipped. I would have rather been knocked out quickly! Even though we dominated and played well mostly.....the game just wasn't enjoyable. Give credit to the fans who hung around and watched all 4 quarters.

IMissJack
09-03-2018, 08:21 AM
The problem is refs have begun to rely on replay instead of attempting to get the call correct on the field. Repkay had become a crutch and on field officiating has suffered because of it. It takes near an hour to play a quarter now...that is ridiculous

Yes, officials know they can use the replay, so they don't make a controversial call. Games are also very long because teams are throwing 45- 50 passes a game, and completing 40% of them. Not picking on us here, that is the game all over now. When I was a kid, it was less than 25% of the plays in the SEC, then Spurrier went to about 50/50 run/pass, now it is creeping on up.

Mutt the Hoople
09-03-2018, 11:15 AM
To make games quicker:
1) Don't stop the clock for incompletions or going out of bounds, and first downs except for the final 2 minutes of each half.
2) Replay should be limited to two a game, by the coaches, except for the last two minutes of each half.
3) Have commercials that go on the side of the TV, like they have for soccer.

This will cut the came by about 90 minutes, without losing any of the commercial time.

Goldendawg
09-03-2018, 12:47 PM
I was at the game and the time taken to review the plays, especially targeting, totally destroyed the flow of the game. Terrible, as they seemed to wait 3 to 4 minutes to even decide whether a review was in order.

Mjoelner34
09-03-2018, 01:11 PM
No, get rid of the ticky tak bullshat and let them play a football game. If there is no call on the field there is no reason for replay to be involved at all. Replay should be there for backup not driving the bus.

^^^Correct answer^^^

maroonmania
09-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Also as long as they let bama receivers to run out and then back in, wTF is the point.

That one conveniently didn't get reviewed.