PDA

View Full Version : Two observations from early in the seasons...

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Neither LSU nor Florida will be the pushovers some of our "fans" think they will be. I'm NOT saying we can't/won't beat them. I'm just saying they are both better than many give them credit for.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 08:05 PM
You can't base anything on one game. How good is Miami? FSU was preseason number what 4 last season.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 08:08 PM
You can't base anything on one game. How good is Miami? FSU was preseason number what 4 last season.

FSU was playing Alabama toe to toe week 1 until they lost their qb in that game. That injury ruined their season

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 08:10 PM
FSU was playing Alabama toe to toe week 1 until they lost their qb in that game. That injury ruined their season

One injury. I thought they were loaded with Jimbo recruited talent. Also Miami is looking like dog shit.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 08:11 PM

Miami is good enough to be a real test for LSU. I have more than a passing interest in Miami. I'm NOT a fan but I married into a Miami family. They were supposed to be pretty good and everyone here has been preaching all summer about how LSU was going to suck. It looks to me like they DON'T suck.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Miami is good enough to be a real test for LSU. I have more than a passing interest in Miami. I'm NOT a fan but I married into a Miami family. They were supposed to be pretty good and everyone here has been preaching all summer about how LSU was going to suck. It looks to me like they DON'T suck.

This board doesn't wanna hear the truth. We think we gonna roll through the sec west like a knife through butter. This is gonna be an absolute blood bath in the west this year with the top 4 (state, LSU, auburn, and bama). We visit 2 of them. I don't like our chances of winning the west even though I think we're good to really good

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 08:14 PM

Miami is not that good.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Miami is not that good.

I think LSU is better than most think. I'm a big fan of the REAL USC. O did a good job there and maybe should have got the job. LSU is ALWAYS loaded with talent. If O survives this year......I hope he doesn't. He is a PERFECT fit down there.

bulldawg28
09-02-2018, 08:25 PM
This board doesn't wanna hear the truth. We think we gonna roll through the sec west like a knife through butter. This is gonna be an absolute blood bath in the west this year with the top 4 (state, LSU, auburn, and bama). We visit 2 of them. I don't like our chances of winning the west even though I think we're good to really good

I don't see any undefeated teams this year in the West. However, I like our chances.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2018, 08:27 PM
We are 1-0.

Bama, AU, UF and LSU are all going to be very tough games. Don't kid yourself about LSU on the road and UF.

Texas A&M is a sneaky tough game no one is talking about. We should be able to handle the other 6 games though Ole Miss on a short week on the road is scary. Just watch an NFL Thursday night game and you can see how ugly those games can be.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 08:31 PM
I think LSU is better than most think. I'm a big fan of the REAL USC. O did a good job there and maybe should have got the job. LSU is ALWAYS loaded with talent. If O survives this year......I hope he doesn't. He is a PERFECT fit down there.

I am not disagreeing but don't tell me Miami is the number 8 team in the country.

Covercorner2
09-02-2018, 08:32 PM
LSU can win this game and still not win 8, maybe not even 7. Miami is not that great. Saw this coming a mile away. LSU will be overhyped the next couple of weeks/months.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm glad 7&Liverpool are buddy buddies now. It's a perfect fit. Ketchup & Mustard.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-02-2018, 08:37 PM
One injury. I thought they were loaded with Jimbo recruited talent. Also Miami is looking like dog shit.

At QB. The one position that one injury can cause cataclysmic problems at.

Covercorner2
09-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Miami looking at their 4th straight loss. LSU MAY be improved, but let?s not act like they are beating anyone great.

tireddawg
09-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Miami's O-line is bad.

BulldogBear
09-02-2018, 09:02 PM
Some of you scare way to easily or are reading too much into our performance in a yawner game in a new coaching situation without our star QB.

LSU may be slightly better than expected. Florida isn't. They atill have a loooooong way to go. We still stomp the chomp 9/29.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 09:09 PM
I am not disagreeing but don't tell me Miami is the number 8 team in the country.

Not trying to. They are good enough to disprove the "LSU sucks" theory though. FYI, the new LSU QB has never lived in Mississippi, but he has Mississippi roots. His Dad is from Amory. Dad played on the great early 70s Nebraska teams, started as a DB on at least one of the National Champions they had in 70 and 71. Dad currently coaches with Solich at Ohio. His uncle played at Ole Miss. Micheal Haddix carried the uncle on his back into the end zone for the winning TD in the 1980 Egg Bowl, my first one. It's still one of my absolute favorite Egg Bowl Memories.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 09:10 PM
At QB. The one position that one injury can cause cataclysmic problems at.

My point is why are they starting a freshman QB any ways? Jimbo should have recruited better at QB. I keep hearing about recruiting from all these schools like LSU and FSU but why do they always have QB issues?

HoopsDawg
09-02-2018, 09:15 PM
My point is why are they starting a freshman QB any ways? Jimbo should have recruited better at QB. I keep hearing about recruiting from all these schools like LSU and FSU but why do they always have QB issues?

Why did Saban start hurts. And why did he play Tua in the national championship game?

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Why did Saban start hurts. And why did he play Tua in the national championship game?

See Saban had a back up QB that could play. FSU did not. Losing one player don't make a team loaded with five stars a six win team. With that talent the back up should be good enough to win eight games at a minimum. Bama did and FSU didn't. Hell we even had a back up QB that could win games and we trust and look where we are with QB's now. What happens if FSU loses this guy again. Why is LSU continually having to go get transfers?

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 09:29 PM
I'm glad 7&Liverpool are buddy buddies now. It's a perfect fit. Ketchup & Mustard.

??????? I think the SEC west is Bama, and then US, Auburn, LSU, and perhaps A&M. Ole Miss, if lightening strikes with those receivers, is capable of beating anyone in the division, but not capable of winning it. The Swine, bless their hearts, are attempting to run a horse race with oxen. Bert was an Ox. I'm sure he is still bankrupting Golden Corrals in NWA. The new gu needs several more years.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 10:51 PM
Miami was overrated last year and overrated again. LSU is no pushover, they werent a pushover last year. Alabama couldnt have beaten us the night LSU came to DWS. (Alabama probably shouldve lost the night they came but its whatever)

Good win for LSU but aint nobody scared of LSU

IMissJack
09-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Neither LSU nor Florida will be the pushovers some of our "fans" think they will be. I'm NOT saying we can't/won't beat them. I'm just saying they are both better than many give them credit for.

I tried to tell some people on here a couple of weeks ago that assuming a win against LSU on the road is a sure way to be disappointed. I saw JWS teams go down there on multiple occasions against a much worse coaches than O and get the heck beat out of us. We may win, but it is going to be a dog fight.

Cooterpoot
09-03-2018, 08:50 AM
Nobody has said LSU or FL are pushovers. But we should expect to win those. LSU will have some losses by the time we see them. And we get them between UGA and AL.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-03-2018, 09:00 AM
LSU is a 8 win team so is Florida. Neither team is Kentucky but neither team is Bama or Auburn either. We will have to play well to win but if we play to our capabilities those are 2 games we should win.

99jc
09-03-2018, 10:22 AM
LSU is a 8 win team so is Florida. Neither team is Kentucky but neither team is Bama or Auburn either. We will have to play well to win but if we play to our capabilities those are 2 games we should win.

^^^^Boom this^^^^ case closed!

gravedigger
09-03-2018, 11:04 AM
That is this: we want our opponents to be successful all except the games we play them. We want the west teams in particular to be successful. Yes, even the Tony Feins.

If we manage to play for and win it all, it strengthens our cause for our opponents to be good.

Even if we dont make the playoffs, making a NY6 bowl and winning in a year where our conference is up will be one hell of a boost in recruiting and confirmation that Joe is the right man for the job.