PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB has returned.

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Peeps, for your viewing pleasure, I present the Stone Cold Stunner Edition of Armchair QB at Maroon & White Blog (https://mwbulldogs.wordpress.com/2018/09/03/wmds-armchair-qb-stone-cold-stunner-edition/). Let's talk about the SFA beatdown. Enjoy!

Ifyouonlyknew
09-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Good write up. 1 thing Story isn't a starter.

KOdawg1
09-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Always enjoy your breakdowns WMD. Good stuff.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Good analysis, thank you!

Rick Danko
09-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Item 9 on defense, they didn?t score any TD?s

BeardoMSU
09-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Good stuff, WMD.

DanDority
09-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Great to have it back up! Thanks, as Rick said they didn't score a TD

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2018, 09:00 PM

D'oh! You think I'd know that from the 6. Total brain fart on my end. I remembered that play being down near the endzone, just imagined the TD part.

tireddawg
09-02-2018, 09:03 PM

Yeah that was a head scratcher, otherwise, a good write up.

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2018, 10:51 PM
I am also sure the game plan was to give Aeris a bit of the night off as well. It was nice to see him work with KT when he was scrambling. Ran to a great spot working away from the LB covering him. Great throw on the run as well.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 11:00 PM
Delete

MarketingBully
09-02-2018, 11:17 PM
Peeps, for your viewing pleasure, I present the Stone Cold Stunner Edition of Armchair QB at Maroon & White Blog (https://mwbulldogs.wordpress.com/2018/09/03/wmds-armchair-qb-stone-cold-stunner-edition/). Let's talk about the SFA beatdown. Enjoy!

Great job. This is how you do a write up. Definitely areas we can improve and cleanup but this is still a team that will contend for the West this year.

Lord McBuckethead
09-03-2018, 12:09 AM
First, I feel for Guidry. Didn't really get an opportunity to be awesome. Couple throws into the turf and out of bounds. His catch in the third quarter was a really good adjustment. He is going to shine in this office. He just needs to wait. Heck he made a sweet catch just out of bounds. Also got held on a sure TD. Giudry was always the first guy congratulating each person who scored last night. Once he gets his own tds watch out.

Austin William's made I think only two catches, but both were really good catches. Shoelace and another bullet on a shallow crossing route. Thomas looked good as well. We just shouldn't have targeted Thomas 5 passes in a row.

Hill could have had 250 yards last night. He did everything pretty well. He missed a couple of blitz pick ups. He has to take those blitzes on.

Mitchel looked good. Crazy to think we had him and Austin on the team last year and didn't use them. Must not have fit the super narrow idea of what Mullen was looking for last year.

Peter's had a rough game. Everytime he tried to press cover the WR pretty much had a free release. Hope he gets it figured it out. Love the guy. Always will be behind him.

Our coverage was good, but we only played the ball maybe 3 times all night. I believe we will have that cleaned up by next week. Surely.

Front 4 pretty much played solid. LBs didn't seem to be there yet. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more tipped balls, but we will see. No idea where Landrews came from, dude was making plays though.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Good write up. I do disagree with this part:

Offensive line had a good night. They dominated in the run game, opening large holes for every ball carrier. I thought their pass protection looked a little bit shaky a couple of times, but despite having 4 returning starters, a couple of them are in new positions. Plus we didn’t have Michael Story, one of those returning starters. I think we’ll be just fine up front, it’s just going to take a couple of games.

Michael Story is not a returning starter. While you are correct that we only have 4 returning starters (Martinas Rankin is gone), nobody is in a new position. The line returns intact with everyone in exactly the same position. Greg Eiland simply moves from backup left tackle to starting left tackle with Rankin graduating. And Eiland actually started about 4 games last year when Rankin was hurt.

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Good write up. I do disagree with this part:

Offensive line had a good night. They dominated in the run game, opening large holes for every ball carrier. I thought their pass protection looked a little bit shaky a couple of times, but despite having 4 returning starters, a couple of them are in new positions. Plus we didn’t have Michael Story, one of those returning starters. I think we’ll be just fine up front, it’s just going to take a couple of games.

Michael Story is not a returning starter. While you are correct that we only have 4 returning starters (Martinas Rankin is gone), nobody is in a new position. The line returns intact with everyone in exactly the same position. Greg Eiland simply moves from backup left tackle to starting left tackle with Rankin graduating. And Eiland actually started about 4 games last year when Rankin was hurt.

I'd have sworn we played Calhoun at LT. At least the TV guys mentioned it. Based on that, my assumption was that opened up a spot for Story inside at G. I'd kinda forgotten about Eiland, although I don't know how. He did a good job backing up Rankin and played well in those 4 starts with Rankin out to injury. He's going to be really good if he continues to develop.

Basically, I didn't pay enough attention over the summer or during fall camp. I relocated for work, so the last 3 months or so have been crazy.

dawgday166
09-03-2018, 03:24 PM
I'd have sworn we played Calhoun at LT. At least the TV guys mentioned it. Based on that, my assumption was that opened up a spot for Story inside at G. I'd kinda forgotten about Eiland, although I don't know how. He did a good job backing up Rankin and played well in those 4 starts with Rankin out to injury. He's going to be really good if he continues to develop.

Basically, I didn't pay enough attention over the summer or during fall camp. I relocated for work, so the last 3 months or so have been crazy.

Or last year.

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Or last year.

https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/peepshow/S04E06/gif/PrJdigfOZe5O.gif

Homedawg
09-03-2018, 07:12 PM
https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/peepshow/S04E06/gif/PrJdigfOZe5O.gif

To be fair, if you are going to do a write up on the team- game etc, it would be a good idea to know story wasn't a starter and Calhoun never ever played tackle. And to pass the blame to a tv guy is , well.......sorta loses credibility honestly.