PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Florida Game.....

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 05:37 PM
1, I wish ESPN would pay me a dollar every time they say Mississippi state.

2. I wish ESPN would pay me a dollar every time they say Nick Fitzgerald.

3. 2018 Florida offense looks like 2016,2017 Miss State offense.

4. Advantage Miss State Defense.

Bully13
09-02-2018, 05:44 PM
I'm hoping Nick & our DC are hanging out a lot these days studying film. The FL game will have more of an Egg Bowl feeling than any other non Egg Bowl in my life. Sometimes I wish I didn't care quite as much. Prolly not the healthiest thing to be so fired up over.

Activated Alpha
09-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Just play your signature gif on the jumbotron and watch Mullen and Hevesy bumble all over themselves. We know how they like blondes

Pit Bull
09-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Looks like McPherson is the Gators starting kicker. Looks pretty smooth too.

RocketDawg
09-02-2018, 07:48 PM
I'm hoping Nick & our DC are hanging out a lot these days studying film. The FL game will have more of an Egg Bowl feeling than any other non Egg Bowl in my life. Sometimes I wish I didn't care quite as much. Prolly not the healthiest thing to be so fired up over.

Even Alabama?

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 08:06 PM

Florida? Why in heck do you care that much about them? We hardly ever play them. They aren't in the West. They basically are a non-conference game we have to play once every 6 years or so. I'd say they are the least important SEC game we play.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Florida? Why in heck do you care that much about them? We hardly ever play them. They aren't in the West. They basically are a non-conference game we have to play once every 6 years or so. I'd say they are the least important SEC game we play.

SEC win is SEC win. Lose that game is just like losing any SEC game. It is part of conference record.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 08:15 PM
But of all the SEC opponents on the schedule they are the one we rarely see. Why give THEM any special recognition? It's not like they are a top level SEC team or something.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 08:29 PM
But of all the SEC opponents on the schedule they are the one we rarely see. Why give THEM any special recognition? It's not like they are a top level SEC team or something.

You said they were a non conference team we have to face every six years. I was just pointing out they are conference game this season.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 09:54 PM
You said they were a non conference team we have to face every six years. I was just pointing out they are conference game this season.

True, but we only see them what, once every six years? Why treat them as a rival when they absolutely aren't? I'm the one accused of being a " Mullen lover" and I won't give him credit beyond what his school deserves. Why do you guys treat him like he is Hugh Freeze leading the Confederates?

Bully13
09-02-2018, 10:08 PM
It's Mullen's return trip and I really , really wanna see Nick whip his ass. that's all.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 10:20 PM
True, but we only see them what, once every six years? Why treat them as a rival when they absolutely aren't? I'm the one accused of being a " Mullen lover" and I won't give him credit beyond what his school deserves. Why do you guys treat him like he is Hugh Freeze leading the Confederates?

Because it's interesting to see how similar and how fast Mullen makes Florida look like Mississippi State.

Bothrops
09-02-2018, 10:20 PM
If we lose to Don's raccoon lizards we will be ridiculed by the SEC and the Godforsaken media. Bad bad deal there.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 10:36 PM
Because it's interesting to see how similar and how fast Mullen makes Florida look like Mississippi State.

Interesting comment. I assume you mean that Mullen will pull Florida up to our level. If you mean the opposite then it confirms what I already thought about you.

Bully13
09-02-2018, 10:50 PM
If we lose to Don's raccoon lizards we will be ridiculed by the SEC and the Godforsaken media. Bad bad deal there.

Egg 17ing Zactly. well said. There will be hype and I wanna shove this game up the media's ass as well. We need to prove that MSU just didn't get lucky landing Mullen. Losing to Mullen in Vegas would suck 17ing ass. HARD.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Interesting comment. I assume you mean that Mullen will pull Florida up to our level. If you mean the opposite then it confirms what I already thought about you.

I'm talking about his offensive system genius I'm not talking about program success. It's interesting to see a new offense/system get put into place that we are so familiar with watching for the last 9 years.

Todd4State
09-02-2018, 11:34 PM

Well, it certainly doesn't help that Dan has been trolling MSU with the "I invented Don't Stop Believing" and etc. (Which they played between the third and fourth quarter in Gainesville BTW)

I think people are mad because he had a ton of flaws that many defended for years- and then he runs out and isn't grateful at all for the opportunity that WE gave him. If you leave- and we all do at some point- at least leave with some class.

At the same time I've found it pretty amusing to watch the MSU Media/MSU Super- Internet Cowboys bring up most of the points I made for years. Especially after proclaiming that if I'm not satisfied with 8 win seasons I'll never be satisfied. And then we hire a coach who's whole slogan is "Go from good to great."

Todd4State
09-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Egg 17ing Zactly. well said. There will be hype and I wanna shove this game up the media's ass as well. We need to prove that MSU just didn't get lucky landing Mullen. Losing to Mullen in Vegas would suck 17ing ass. HARD.

Really, at this point we need Joe to have success here. That will have about the same effect.

Pinto
09-02-2018, 11:38 PM
They played won’t back down by Tom petty between 3rd and 4th quarters

Dawg61
09-03-2018, 09:26 AM
I went back and watched some of the first quarter. I couldn't last long. Mullen and everything about Florida was making me nauseous.

MedDawg
09-03-2018, 10:46 AM
3. 2018 Florida offense looks like 2016,2017 Miss State offense.

4. Advantage Miss State Defense.

Our offensive players know Florida's offense better than the Florida starters. Our defense has faced Mullen's offense in practice for years and can give our new coaches pointers.

MedDawg
09-03-2018, 11:48 AM
They played won?t back down by Tom petty between 3rd and 4th quarters

I was wondering. They started that last year after Tom Petty died. Petty was from Gainesville, and I thought that song was a good choice. I was hoping they would continue it and not replace it with DSB.