PDA

View Full Version : Our fans suck

Cooterpoot
09-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Complaining about everything from game play to music, to carts, parking, traffic, metal detectors, field lighting. Stop being a collective group whining puzzeez.
I?ve never seen it so bad. Why???? We?re predicted a 3rd place west team by most. Nothing changed last night.

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Complaining about everything from game play to music, to carts, parking, traffic, metal detectors, field lighting. Stop being a collective group whining puzzeez.
I?ve never seen it so bad. Why???? We?re predicted a 3rd place west team by most. Nothing changed last night.
You forgot to add fans bitching about issues other fans had.

TUSK
09-02-2018, 12:00 PM
You forgot to add fans bitching about bitching.

fify

msstate7
09-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Nothing like starting a thread complaining about other people complaining. Stop being a p*ssy, right?

Cooterpoot
09-02-2018, 12:04 PM
My point is that’s our culture. There’s nothing positive on the board. We really can’t handle winning and expect to lose.

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2018, 12:07 PM
For my rant earlier, being upset about a policy change with no announcment that some people depend on has nothing to do with expecting the team to lose. Watching my mom in severe pain try to make that walk was most upsetting.

Bully13
09-02-2018, 12:17 PM
For my rant earlier, being upset about a policy change with no announcment that some people depend on has nothing to do with expecting the team to lose. Watching my mom in severe pain try to make that walk was most upsetting.

And I don't blame you one bit Vegas. I'm assuming you had grown accustomed to having this service for your Mom but y'all found out the hard way something had changed for the worse. I hope you get a good explanation next week you can share. Hope your Mom is doing ok.

mparkerfd20
09-02-2018, 12:17 PM
We have to be one of the most negative fan bases in America. We focus so much on the negative we never get to fully enjoy the positives. It's in our DNA. I include myself in this and I HATE it.

I seen it dawg
09-02-2018, 12:20 PM
My point is that’s our culture. There’s nothing positive on the board. We really can’t handle winning and expect to lose.

Well why don't you be part of the solution and make a post about the good things about yesterday? Just bitching to bitch about bitching does nothing to help curb the bitching to bitch about bitching.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 12:20 PM
We have to be one of the most negative fan bases in America. We focus so much on the negative we never get to fully enjoy the positives. It's in our DNA. I include myself in this and I HATE it.

I think this is very common. It's the same way on saints' and braves' boards I know.

I seen it dawg
09-02-2018, 12:21 PM
And another thing....we are starting to get some posters on here that aren't in line with what we started out as and are not what we want to be as a message board. Time to start policing ourselves...

gravedigger
09-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Collectively we don?t, but I know where you are coming from. It?s social media mentality spilling over into real life. Some observations:

1. Game play was boring after the first few minutes duetothe opponent. Solution: don?t schedule out of division opponents.

2. Music is for the majority of fans, not a selected few withindividual tastes. Solution: get over it or stay home.

3. Carts parking traffic: an area designed for 10-15 k students and 15-20 k residents is going to struggle to accommodate 61,000 ticket holders and the extras that show up. It?s just logistical physics. The weather further complicates The issue. Overall the operation was sound except for the game lasting 4 hours. Solution: prepare to arrive earlier, stay later, be patient and pay high prices or prepare to be miserable. But stop thinking you should?ve treated specially.

4. Metal detectors : they contribute to frustration but due to the world we live in, they?re a way of life. Solution: see # 3 solution

5. Field lighting: didn?t look bad on tv. Was it different from last year?

gravedigger
09-02-2018, 12:30 PM

Vegas, where did she have to walk from and to? I?m not saying I can solve the problem, but I am involved with game day logistics and can find out the least painful path for her to better enjoy gameday.

GreenheadDawg
09-02-2018, 12:30 PM
And another thing....we are starting to get some posters on here that aren't in line with what we started out as and are not what we want to be as a message board. Time to start policing ourselves...

Amen brother

RocketDawg
09-02-2018, 12:33 PM
You forgot to add fans bitching about issues other fans had.

Excellent.

WSOPdawg
09-02-2018, 01:07 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to I seen it dawg again. Well said.

yjnkdawg
09-02-2018, 01:10 PM

Your issue is strictly a health related one concerning your Mom, and her well being, and her access to the stadium. It has nothing to do with the sky is falling few, who post on here. Your concern needs to be and should be addressed.

Dawgowar
09-02-2018, 01:20 PM
My wife took my chocolate chip cookies from our Grubhub delivered meal. It was over 100 again in San Antonio. Why can't anybody in the state of Texas make Pork BBQ worth a shit? Have to do that myself too. The Famous Maroon Band needs Bagpipes. I still say 'Hard Liquor and Handgun' night as a promo would make for an intensely FUN fan experience, should be tried. Why can't you buy six packs of 20 ounce soda?

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Vegas, where did she have to walk from and to? I?m not saying I can solve the problem, but I am involved with game day logistics and can find out the least painful path for her to better enjoy gameday.

We parked behind the health center. Probably not a half mile walk but more than she's physically able to do. There are times when another board member here is kind enough to let us use his parking pass which is lot 24, but that's still more than she can do. If there are truly no more carts for visitors then I suppose our only alternative is catching the shuttle at Starkville daily news and let her sit somewhere while the rest of us hold a spot in line.

BeastMan
09-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Every fan base complains about the gameday experience and their grievances. Football games are totally different than they were 20 years ago. As far as on the field stuff, many in our fan base are incapable of discussing or interpreting criticism. If you want to have a championship program you better judge yourself against that standard ie Bama, Auburn, etc... So when I watched last night I was happy but at the same time seeing certain things that aren’t going to cut it to win the west. And I guarantee you the coaches are doing the same thing in film session. Some fans are happy to win 7 and beat up on FCS opponents. I want more than that. 1992 was my first year as a kid that I went to games and got dialed in. We’ve been at that level my whole life (with some valleys of course). I want to take the next step.

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Your issue is strictly a health related one concerning your Mom, and her well being, and her access to the stadium. It has nothing to do with the sky is falling few, who post on here. Your concern needs to be and should be addressed.

I appreciate that. I sent Cohen a very polite (truly, it was) email laying out my concerns. I'm waiting to see what responsec I get.