PDA

View Full Version : Coach Joe's Press Conference

TrapGame
09-02-2018, 09:57 AM
https://youtu.be/askuUSNBqHg

Some of y'all need to pay close attention to this.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Uncle Buck is a good coach & he'll clean this thing up as we move forward.

I can't wait to see what we are by the time we get to Florida

TrapGame
09-02-2018, 10:22 AM
Joe is a mad scientist of college football. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing last night. SFA was his Petri dish to experiment.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Joe is a mad scientist of college football. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing last night. SFA was his Petri dish to experiment.

The fact we didn't run a qb draw on third and longs last night shows you joe is a step up as a play caller. You could tell the whole second half was an experiment on offense and getting KT more live reps passing. We could've run the ball all night at will but JoMo wanted to get passing offense work(qbs, ol and receivers)

Bully13
09-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Had we begun the 2nd half mixing up the run / pass we would have laid 100 on SFA. JOMO put KT in a difficult situation for a purpose. Still disappointed it looked so shitty, but I'm not overly concerned. One would expect KT to carve up SFA in ANY situation and I get that but nothing to freak out over game 1.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Had we begun the 2nd half mixing up the run / pass we would have laid 100 on SFA. JOMO put KT in a difficult situation for a purpose. Still disappointed it looked so shitty, but I'm not overly concerned. One would expect KT to carve up SFA in ANY situation and I get that but nothing to freak out over game 1.

Last night felt a little bit like Norman Dale in Hoosiers with the 4 pass rule.

JoMo wants this team to look & play a certain way & he isn't going to bend on that. He's 3 more games to figure it out before Florida comes to town

Commercecomet24
09-02-2018, 12:30 PM

JoMo wants this team to look & play a certain way & he isn't going to bend on that. He's 3 more games to figure it out before Florida comes to town

The Hoosiers analogy is excellent, and it absolutely fits what I saw last night. You can tell by watching joe is highly analytical and I guarantee not the most minute detail of our play last night skipped by him. I fully believe Joe is the Coach that can take us up a notch. The man just oozes winning and confidence and not the arrogant fake kind.

gravedigger
09-02-2018, 12:48 PM

Perfect analogy. Don?t always agree with you but that is spot on.

I?ll go so far as to say that if we don?t empty the coffers to keep this guy by The coaching shuffle at the end of the season, he will be purchased by a Penn State or an Ohio State or some school that is on the ball and sees what Cohen saw when he was hired.

I?m not talking about scores or anything like that. I mean that Joe is the kind of person we want to be here for 30 years. He?s intelligent, has a GREAT family, and is the right kind of influence for our players. Success will happen wherever he goes for his players.

If he?s negotiated this thing the way I think he has, we are going to extend him before anyone else has a chance to get him and it will be worth every penny.

Mullen, on the other hand, did well last night and showed some personality he never did here. Seems like the coaching change was a good thing for him.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Perfect analogy. Don?t always agree with you but that is spot on.

I?ll go so far as to say that if we don?t empty the coffers to keep this guy by The coaching shuffle at the end of the season, he will be purchased by a Penn State or an Ohio State or some school that is on the ball and sees what Cohen saw when he was hired.

I?m not talking about scores or anything like that. I mean that Joe is the kind of person we want to be here for 30 years. He?s intelligent, has a GREAT family, and is the right kind of influence for our players. Success will happen wherever he goes for his players.

If he?s negotiated this thing the way I think he has, we are going to extend him before anyone else has a chance to get him and it will be worth every penny.

Mullen, on the other hand, did well last night and showed some personality he never did here. Seems like the coaching change was a good thing for him.

Best post I've read this weekend! I agree completely!

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2018, 05:40 PM
What a coincidence, I use the nickname Uncle Buck for your wife. No, seriously, let's not give Moorhead a nickname.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 05:41 PM
What a coincidence, I use the nickname Uncle Buck for your wife. No, seriously, let's not give Moorhead a nickname.

He's Uncle Buck to me.

His personality is that of everyone's favorite uncle

was21
09-02-2018, 06:14 PM
watched his post game presser and he came across about like he did when he was at State...kind of goofy like personality but it doesn't really bother me

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2018, 06:40 PM
He's Uncle Buck to me.

His personality is that of everyone's favorite uncle

Yeah that was not a well executed attempt at humor for me. Personally I wouldn't add a nickname to Moorhead. Maybe the Professor, if I did have to add one.

jbjones
09-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Anyone else notice that he wasn't hoarse? Hell, I was hoarse after the 1st quarter. Coach Joe seems to be a really cool character on the sideline.