PDA

View Full Version : Metal Detectors

sleepy dawg
09-02-2018, 09:51 AM
I havent seen it mentioned on here... am I the only one who thought the metal detectors were ridiculously over the top bs? I waited in line for like 45 minutes. I missed nearly the entire pregame for some tsa like bullsh*t.
On top of that, its not protecting anything. If someone wants to do harm to a bunch of folks theres a crowd of 1000s standing in line outside the stadium for an hour.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Well if people could ever figure this thing out called a line instead huddling in massive gaggles until they got to the 5 foot section of chain, it would probably go faster.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 10:03 AM
I havent seen it mentioned on here... am I the only one who thought the metal detectors were ridiculously over the top bs? I waited in line for like 45 minutes. I missed nearly the entire pregame for some tsa like bullsh*t.
On top of that, its not protecting anything. If someone wants to do harm to a bunch of folks theres a crowd of 1000s standing in line outside the stadium for an hour.

All you have to do is walk down to other entrances. Not too difficult

DogsofAnarchy
09-02-2018, 10:08 AM

Bitching to be Bitching!!!

Daddy Rabbit Dawg
09-02-2018, 10:54 AM
We walked up to the south end zone a few minutes after 6:00...it took 3 minutes to get in. I know this because I timed it.

sleepy dawg
09-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Bitching to be Bitching!!!

Sorry, it was very frustrating for me. I was excited about seeing the pregame and I missed it so I was angry about it. I figured it was like that everywhere. My instincts told me I better get in line now. I see others apparently didn?t give a shit now. No reason for you to act like a dick about it. I apologize I had a bad experience and that me mentioning it has inconvienienced you.

RocketDawg
09-02-2018, 12:32 PM
I didn't have an issue with it. Maybe having to put keys and cellphone in the dish like at an airport is a bit over the top, but there'll be growing pains with this check.

The email we got said the stadium would be open 2.5 hours before the game (which would have been 4:00) but in reality the gates didn't open until 4:15.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-02-2018, 12:57 PM
I didn't have an issue with it. Maybe having to put keys and cellphone in the dish like at an airport is a bit over the top, but there'll be growing pains with this
We didn't even have to do that. Just walked in with hands over our head, cowbell in hand. Took 5 minutes.

Dawgowar
09-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Sorry, it was very frustrating for me. I was excited about seeing the pregame and I missed it so I was angry about it. I figured it was like that everywhere. My instincts told me I better get in line now. I see others apparently didn?t give a shit now. No reason for you to act like a dick about it. I apologize I had a bad experience and that me mentioning it has inconvienienced you.

Maybe next game you will get REALLY lucky have your ticket selected for the random Anal Probe and full body cavity search. You'll never utter the phrase 'Go Deep' again.

Mjoelner34
09-02-2018, 01:03 PM
At the north entrance for Gridiron, State and Scoreboard clubs, they had 2 lines. One with a walk-through detector and one where they were just wanding people. We noticed that they were wanding everybody that went through the walk-through detector so I don't know what purpose it really served other than slowing down the process. We went through the other line since it was faster. I didn't stock anything in my locker but I was told that they didn't check anybody on stocking day so unless they start doing that, its kind of pointless to do it on game day.

Pit Bull
09-02-2018, 02:29 PM

Sign of the times and probably can thank the 2 former MSU students.....young black lady from Vicksburg majoring in ChemE and the young middle eastern guy who was a computer eng. geek. Of course they are in federal prison doing their time. They were going to get married and go to Syria to help the ISIS cause, learn all they could about bomb making, and then return to MS to do who knows what.....maybe go to an MSU game hiding something on their person?......the metal detectors are the least of our worries.

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2018, 02:35 PM
Maybe next game you will get REALLY lucky have your ticket selected for the random Anal Probe and full body cavity search. You'll never utter the phrase 'Go Deep' again.

Or All In

Goldendawg
09-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Could be worse. At least we didn't have to take our shoes off!*** Hail State!

RocketDawg
09-02-2018, 04:35 PM
Sign of the times and probably can thank the 2 former MSU students.....young black lady from Vicksburg majoring in ChemE and the young middle eastern guy who was a computer eng. geek. Of course they are in federal prison doing their time. They were going to get married and go to Syria to help the ISIS cause, learn all they could about bomb making, and then return to MS to do who knows what.....maybe go to an MSU game hiding something on their person?......the metal detectors are the least of our worries.

I don't think it was them specifically, but the terrorist situation in general. That, and the increase in domestic unrest and misbehaving in the past year or two. As I understand it, us and Alabama were the only two teams doing it this year (and I guess we were the only ones doing it yesterday, since Alabama was not at home), but next year all SEC teams will have metal detectors. It's going to be interesting to see how Alabama handles >100,000 people in a matter of a couple of hours. That's about equivalent to the number of passengers at Hartsfield International in the same time period ....

Pit Bull
09-02-2018, 05:02 PM
I don't think it was them specifically, but the terrorist situation in general. That, and the increase in domestic unrest and misbehaving in the past year or two. As I understand it, us and Alabama were the only two teams doing it this year (and I guess we were the only ones doing it yesterday, since Alabama was not at home), but next year all SEC teams will have metal detectors. It's going to be interesting to see how Alabama handles >100,000 people in a matter of a couple of hours. That's about equivalent to the number of passengers at Hartsfield International in the same time period ....

Yeah, that's what I meant.....just listed them as an example of one of the FBI's claims that they have terrorist investigations open in all 50 states. When Comey made that statement.....he just happened to be in Mississippi at a speaking engagement. I have also heard some unconfirmed rumors involving the Muslim student center just off campus near the former old ATO fraternity house. Not going to get into that though. Needless to say.....the metal detectors ARE needed and everyone will eventually have to do it.