PDA

View Full Version : After reading all our message boards

MetEdDawg
09-02-2018, 07:50 AM
You would think we lost this game. Somehow we managed to win 63-6 with an unimpressive OL, a bad secondary, Key underthrowing guys and not having a great completion percentage, and the team not having a lot of energy.

Sweet shit people. I get there was some questionable stuff from time to time and I agree. But I really don't understand all of this. New staff, new roles, lot of adjustments to get used to. Overall A-. Quit bitching and enjoy.

I seen it dawg
09-02-2018, 07:53 AM
No shit. You would think we came out and won by a damn fg with our head coach wearing shorts. Oh wait we got beat that game. If people can't see the dramatic difference in how we handled our business yesterday vs yrs past then they are incapable of understanding. Stupid.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 07:55 AM
Low fruit grabbers and Mullen lovers are the ones bitching about a 63-6 throttling.

I seen it dawg
09-02-2018, 07:58 AM
And you ****ers that are so mad....if you just can't stand it and can't go without bitching about everything could I buy a scoreboard club ticket for Florida game from one of you so I can watch us wreck Mullen's ass in style?

Ari Gold
09-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Glad I read this thread first saved me the trouble from viewing the game day thread. We have come a long way Boys if we are bitching about a 63-6 victory ..

BHildreth3
09-02-2018, 08:09 AM
IMO, these people are bitching because they are comparing our performance to what the Rebs did vs. a power 5 school. Enjoy the win and quit worrying about Ole Miss WR play.

SandlotDawg
09-02-2018, 08:30 AM
I don’t know what y’all are talking about... they all have a right to be pissed and bitch about our performance. These guys are football experts... their letterman jackets from highschool proves that***

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 08:33 AM
I'm excited that we scored 63 points while playing sloppy. That alone should tell you how special this year could be when everything clicks.

Also, I think everyone is comparing us against Bama & Auburn because those are the teams we need to beat this year to reach our goals. The good news is we have plenty of time to start clicking before playing those teams, but, if we would've played them last night, I don't think it would've been pretty.

So for me, I'm excited about the potential while also thinking we were pretty sloppy last night.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 08:37 AM
I'm excited that we scored 63 points while playing sloppy. That alone should tell you how special this year could be when everything clicks.

Also, I think everyone is comparing us against Bama & Auburn because those are the teams we need to beat this year to reach our goals. The good news is we have plenty of time to start clicking before playing those teams, but, if we would've played them last night, I don't think it would've been pretty.

So for me, I'm excited about the potential while also thinking we were pretty sloppy last night.

Yep. If the goal is to win 8-9 games, we looked good. If the goal is to win the west, we better step up our game a lot. Do we want tua and JS throwing against our secondary of last night? Do we want our oline of last night blocking auburn and bama? I think the criticism was a little over the top for game 1, but that team last night finishes 3rd in West imo. Gotta get better... I think we will

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Yep. If the goal is to win 8-9 games, we looked good. If the goal is to win the west, we better step up our game a lot. Do we want tua and JS throwing against our secondary of last night? Do we want our oline of last night blocking auburn and bama? I think the criticism was a little over the top for game 1, but that team last night finishes 3rd in West imo. Gotta get better... I think we will

My thoughts exactly. Again though, we have time to get there. The season ramps up nicely for us. We don't have to click yet

MetEdDawg
09-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Here's what we are going to have to wrestle with. Stylistically Moorhead is more flashy in terms of what his offense looks like and it's design. Mullen was not. Because of that we are going to have some adjusting.

We all knew (hopefully) that it would take time for everything to look like the coaches want. I mean we replaced almost every coach and are making significant changes from a culture that was 9 years established. There's supposed to be growing pains. If there weren't we would all have the same thing we did when Mullen was here.

This offense has much more capability to beat Bama and Auburn than in years past. That should be wildly evident because against premiere defenses you can't string together enough 10-12 play drives to win games. But there's gonna be mistakes. And yes we made them. But raise your hand if you've seen a Mullen team make a bunch of mistakes and win 63-6. I'll keep waiting because we've never seen it.

Cooterpoot
09-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Unrealistic expectations because of the preseason hype. We screwed around that whole game and could’ve scored 75+ had we wanted to. We really don’t need to schedule teams that bad again though.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Unrealistic expectations because of the preseason hype. We screwed around that whole game and could’ve scored 75+ had we wanted to. We really don’t need to schedule teams that bad again though.

I agree. Troy, uab, ark state, etc would be better options

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 09:07 AM

You can blame Mullen and Stricklin for scheduling SFA. I'll play them in basketball though. They are tough as hell in hoops.

tcdog70
09-02-2018, 09:10 AM

Dammit Boy,we played everybody. You do realize our QB didn't play. Our Backup and 2 other backups put up 63 points. Our defense was awesome. It was the first game and we will get better every game. Let's see how we do on the road next week.

Dental Dawg33
09-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Our second string QB started his second game. Scored 7 TDs. I don't remember any turnovers. 400 yards total offense in first half. We played ALOT of second and third string guys and still put up 63 and gave up 2 FGs. No, SFA isn't Texas Tech or UAB, but they had a few decent play makers. I saw a fairly sloppy game where we were getting acclimated to a new coaching staff and still had the largest margin of victory since the 50s. We needed that scrub match to start the season. We are going to be just fine gents, can't expect perfection in the first game. We are going to maul K State next weekend and it will calm down some of the panic

dawgday166
09-02-2018, 09:34 AM

3rd at best and maybe 4th. LSU D is going to be salty and it's in BR. Just watching OM play ... they looked better on O IMO. They hit receivers in stride, which I don't think we did more than 3 or 4 times. We can laugh at Texas Tech but they probably a lot better than SFA is. Key should've completed 60% or better last night. That was my biggest disappointment.

I don't think Kylin ran the ball great either. He also needs to improve his pass protection. I still think Aeris should be #1 back, with time split about 50/50 with Kylin. Kylin does give the HR threat, but Aeris is like Emmitt Smith. He sees the hole better and gets 4 or 5 every down.

Now some (or maybe a lot of this) may mean the O hasn't grasped the reads, etc. with the new offense. Maybe that is more on Key and maybe it will be better with Fitz.

Our cornerback's ball skills when the ball is in the air still leave a lot to be desired. They just really struggle realizing when the ball is in the air, turning around and locating it. And while I've been a huge Peter's fan, I beginning to think he won't make it at CB.

I think 63 - 6 shows we have a lot of talent, which is good. But we ain't beating the upper tier west teams or FL playing like last night.

Todd4State
09-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Let's see how we look with Fitz at QB and what happens when we play our first team defense more than jut half the game. Doing those two things alone fix a lot of problems.

I think of Fitz plays last night the bitching is a lot less than it is today.

As it is we hung 63 on someone while our back up QB struggled and still tied a school record for TD passes and scored more than we ever did under Dan.

Dental Dawg33
09-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Let's see how we look with Fitz at QB and what happens when we play our first team defense more than jut half the game. Doing those two things alone fix a lot of problems.

I think of Fitz plays last night the bitching is a lot less than it is today.

As it is we hung 63 on someone while our back up QB struggled and still tied a school record for TD passes and scored more than we ever did under Dan.

^ding ding we got a winner

msstatelp1
09-02-2018, 10:25 AM
My biggest concern from last night is Peters. I hope things are starting to click for him but there were a few times he looked very vulnerable.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 10:26 AM
I think how many points we scored is being overblown... bama scored 51 on a P5 team, ark scored 55, aTm scored 59, mizzou scored 51, Georgia scored 47, om scired 47 on a P5 team, South Carolina scored 49, Florida scored 53, and hell, vandy scored 35. The sec has a lot of good teams and we should blast these garbage teams

TrapGame
09-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Dammit Boy,we played everybody. You do realize our QB didn't play. Our Backup and 2 other backups put up 63 points. Our defense was awesome. It was the first game and we will get better every game. Let's see how we do on the road next week.

Exactly. Moorhead even said in the presser that he was moving guys around and "cross training" them for extra experience. We could have kept KT on the ground and scored 3 more TDs but that's not what Joe wanted. He was evaluating skill guys

gravedigger
09-02-2018, 10:34 AM
3rd at best and maybe 4th. LSU D is going to be salty and it's in BR. Just watching OM play ... they looked better on O IMO. They hit receivers in stride, which I don't think we did more than 3 or 4 times. We can laugh at Texas Tech but they probably a lot better than SFA is. Key should've completed 60% or better last night. That was my biggest disappointment.

I don't think Kylin ran the ball great either. He also needs to improve his pass protection. I still think Aeris should be #1 back, with time split about 50/50 with Kylin. Kylin does give the HR threat, but Aeris is like Emmitt Smith. He sees the hole better and gets 4 or 5 every down.

Now some (or maybe a lot of this) may mean the O hasn't grasped the reads, etc. with the new offense. Maybe that is more on Key and maybe it will be better with Fitz.

Our cornerback's ball skills when the ball is in the air still leave a lot to be desired. They just really struggle realizing when the ball is in the air, turning around and locating it. And while I've been a huge Peter's fan, I beginning to think he won't make it at CB.

I think 63 - 6 shows we have a lot of talent, which is good. But we ain't beating the upper tier west teams or FL playing like last night.

Kylin should start over Aeris. Don?t think you?ll find many to back you on that.

We would have beaten Florida last night. With Fitz we would have beaten Florida by 3 scores.

Football takes aren?t your thing.

CadaverDawg
09-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Yeah this board would be so fun and entertaining if nobody broke down the good and bad of the game, but instead everybody just posted "GREAT WIN, TEAM! FLAWLESS!! BOOK YOUR TICKETS FOR THE CFP!"**

People are going to discuss what we did well and what we didn't. It's a damn message board. Just because you win by 60 doesn't mean you can't improve. It always makes me laugh when people get on here and expect all positivity after every game we win. Maybe it's not the 150 people posting about things we can improve on that need to gain some perspective....maybe it's the 4-5 folks coming on here getting upset that a message board isn't having a victory parade after a win over a FCS school. Just my opinion

msstate7
09-02-2018, 10:41 AM
Yeah this board would be so fun and entertaining if nobody broke down the good and bad of the game, but instead everybody just posted "GREAT WIN, TEAM! FLAWLESS!! BOOK YOUR TICJETS FIR THE CFP!"**

People are going to discuss what we did well and what we didn't. It's a damn message board. Just because you win by 60 doesn't mean you can't improve. It always makes me laugh when people get on here and expect all positivity after every game we win. Maybe it's not the 150 people posting about things we can improve on that need to gain some perspective....maybe it's the 4-5 folks coming on here getting upset that a message board isn't having a victory parade after a win over a FCS school. Just my opinion

Thus is the current state of ED. Hell, I used to be considered the biggest sunshine pumper of all here. Now I'm considered an OM troll and too negative lol

dawgday166
09-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Kylin should start over Aeris. Don?t think you?ll find many to back you on that.

We would have beaten Florida last night. With Fitz we would have beaten Florida by 3 scores.

Football takes aren?t your thing.

You think so huh?? LOL maybe not. However, everyone was ready to anoint Key to QB spot too.

Kylin ran 9 for 50 against SFA. Not bad. For a little perspective D. Harris ran 7 for 55 against Lville. Aeris ran 2 for 15. Kam Martin ran 22 for 80 with 4 new starters on the Oline and against Washington's front 7.

Do you wanna know how far Kylin's first TD goes for against Bama or AU ... about 2 yds maybe. Check out the blocking on the edge which was just ok, and the LB that was almost there for SFA. What do you think happens if that is Bama or AU??

We'll see but we do need to clean some things up. I'm happy with the win and very pleased that we can play like we did and still score 63. FL hung 53 on what last year was a better team. They did this with 7 players suspended (including CC Jefferson) and 6 injured.

And regardless of how pissed I have been at Mullen over the years at times, he can coach when he wants to. So can Hev and so can Grantham. Hard to say just yet tho. With who each team plays leading up to our game with them, it may be hard to tell prior to actual game.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2018, 11:32 AM
You would think we lost this game. Somehow we managed to win 63-6 with an unimpressive OL, a bad secondary, Key underthrowing guys and not having a great completion percentage, and the team not having a lot of energy.

Sweet shit people. I get there was some questionable stuff from time to time and I agree. But I really don't understand all of this. New staff, new roles, lot of adjustments to get used to. Overall A-. Quit bitching and enjoy.

Agree 100%! JoMo and crew just getting started! We gonna be just fine! Enjoy the new era of State football!

LC Dawg
09-02-2018, 12:00 PM
I got to campus at 10:00 and drank beer, ate food and visited with great Bulldog friends all day. Then went in and watched our backup qb account for 7 tds in a 63-6 win in the first game for a new coaching staff. Sure there are things to work on but I look at it as a great start to the Moorhead era. If we improve a little every week I think we'll be ready to whip Florida's ass on 9/29.
I was annoyed with the time it took to get through the metal detectors so I can't say everything was great about yesterday.

BankerDog
09-02-2018, 12:06 PM
It really is embarrassing the lack of football knowledge on the board.

1) Key was throwing balls away instead of taking sacks. Had he taken his sacks, he would've had a higher completion percentage but then you'd hear people bitch about him taking sacks and not throwing balls away.
2) SFA was selling out on D all night. Sending 6-7 guys. Key was decisive enough and got rid of balls-had no INTs and he stood on the pocket. Also the OL looked pretty damn good considering SFA was selling out the whole damn game. People really amaze me at their lack of OL knowledge.
3) Defense had 17 tackles for loss. 17.
4) Secondary is what it is. First game back, get better and it will.

Glad to see our freshman getting to play. Hope Mixon starts trusting his speed again, he's bound to break one this season.

Randolph Dupree
09-02-2018, 12:21 PM
My biggest concern from last night is Peters. I hope things are starting to click for him but there were a few times he looked very vulnerable.

This^^^. OL wasn't as bad as some think. When they got pressure it's because they brought the house, and Key has to be able to read blitz and adjust. He did not do that, so some of that is on him. Eveything, else looked fine. Remember we were keeping it vanilla in both sides of the ball. Peters is concerning though, not sure there's anyway around that one.

Bdawg
09-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Yeah this board would be so fun and entertaining if nobody broke down the good and bad of the game, but instead everybody just posted "GREAT WIN, TEAM! FLAWLESS!! BOOK YOUR TICKETS FOR THE CFP!"**

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. Some people act like it's supposed to be all sunshine and roses just because we won big. Of course we are all happy with the big win, but that doesn't negate us seeing or discussing things that need improvement.
My only gripe(there are others) that I've posted about was KTs completion % and his accuracy on completed passes. He left a lot to be desired. Hit some more in stride and we turn nice gains into huge gains or TDs. I thought his best throw may have been to Guidry on the incomplete touchdown pass. It was where it needed to be. Most other throws were off. He will get better but I think a lot of us expected much better than what we saw last night.

CadaverDawg
09-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Thus is the current state of ED. Hell, I used to be considered the biggest sunshine pumper of all here. Now I'm considered an OM troll and too negative lol

It's crazy. Do these folks not realize that everybody is glad we handled business, but we all think we can challenge for the West and last nights effort all year won't win it. So people are going to discuss where we need to improve...doesn't mean they think we suck.

Goldendawg
09-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Unrealistic expectations because of the preseason hype. We screwed around that whole game and could?ve scored 75+ had we wanted to. We really don?t need to schedule teams that bad again though.

Agreed. At least play a P5 mid-level team with a pulse.