Dawg61
09-02-2018, 06:17 AM
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1036108506007564288

DownwardDawg
09-02-2018, 06:33 AM
What an ass.

AROB44
09-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Actually I thought it was a pretty good answer to a dumb question.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 09:19 AM

Great coach but a dickhead. You don't treat people doing their jobs that way.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 09:22 AM

It's a horrible answer. Just say the player that gives their team the best chance to win starts. Just like at every position on the field and forever be done with the questions. He is fueling more drama and questions by acting like such a butthurt bitch all the time.

Bully13
09-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Saban owes that lady an apology. The legend of his dickheadedness grew exponentially last night.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2018, 09:27 AM
He just doesn't want Hurts to transfer just in case he needs him. He got pissed a few years ago when his 2nd string DB transferred and he tried to block him from leaving. Saban only cares about winning, he doesn't care about Hurts.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 09:31 AM
He just doesn't want Hurts to transfer just in case he needs him. He got pissed a few years ago when his 2nd string DB transferred and he tried to block him from leaving. Saban only cares about winning, he doesn't care about Hurts.

Spot on. Bama had two QBs transfer two years ago and Saban still hurt over it.

IMissJack
09-02-2018, 09:32 AM
If Hurts wants to try to ever play pro football, he needs to change positions ASAP, even if that means transferring.

shoeless joe
09-02-2018, 09:33 AM
He's said a million times that the player that wins the team and gives them the best chance to win will play yet folks still keep asking. And how bout this...why must we jab a mic in everybody's face rite after a game or at halftime? They don't ever give much info and they're in an emotional state either way so basically it's an opportunity for them to screw up and say something they regret. I hate in game/on field after game interviews. And apparently so does saban.

MrKotter
09-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Don?t see one thing wrong with his answer either.

gravedigger
09-02-2018, 09:39 AM
He gets upset at what he thinks her motive is for asking the question. It shows a chink in his armor. He fears being manipulated.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 09:40 AM
He's said a million times that the player that wins the team and gives them the best chance to win will play yet folks still keep asking. And how bout this...why must we jab a mic in everybody's face rite after a game or at halftime? They don't ever give much info and they're in an emotional state either way so basically it's an opportunity for them to screw up and say something they regret. I hate in game/on field after game interviews. And apparently so does saban.

Because Disney aka ABC/ESPN pays for half his salary if not more. Saban gets $9.3 mill a year in salary with a huge thanks to television for that. He should be grateful to answer a ten second interview. Would you ever be that rude to a sideline reporter when you're on global television?

TUSK
09-02-2018, 10:22 AM
nah, he's doing it right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTVvKHvSp_o

Coach007
09-02-2018, 10:25 AM

I 100% agree! He has answered that over and over.

Now he is Hitler and a racist. LMAO!

msstatelp1
09-02-2018, 10:29 AM
If he keeps saying this then sooner or later they will quit asking.

TUSK
09-02-2018, 10:33 AM
She was likely told to ask that question... and "they" knew (or should have known) that was gonna happen... and that's why the question was asked. To get the response they got.

I think it was a "win" for all involved.

parabrave
09-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Saban owes that lady an apology. The legend of his dickheadedness grew exponentially last night.
No he doesn't. She asked him at the beginning of the game who would start and he told her, wait 30 seconds and you will find out. At the end of the game she,was asking him questions which had noting to do with he game and he let her know that.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 10:51 AM
She was likely told to ask that question... and "they" knew (or should have known) that was gonna happen... and that's why the question was asked. To get the response they got.

I think it was a "win" for all involved.

I think you're blinded by his win/loss column and championships into thinking he always does the right thing.

He's a human being like the rest us and he treated that lady like crap. He was wrong.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 10:52 AM
No he doesn't. She asked him at the beginning of the game who would start and he told her, wait 30 seconds and you will find out. At the end of the game she,was asking him questions which had noting to do with he game and he let her know that.

What she asked him absolutely had something to do with the game.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2018, 11:04 AM

They asked who is the starting QB and he says wait 30 seconds, what is the point of hiding it then? Also Tua just played the majority of the snaps, she was basically asking since he started and played great is he the starter. Saban is afraid that Hurts would transfer in the middle of the year like he had a QB a year or so ago. He is pretty much stringing Hurts along for depth. He just doesn't want to admit it. He also tried to block a grad transfer a few years ago because he was the nickel when he actually used him. He didn't want to lose depth at CB even though the guy was a senior and played very little.

TUSK
09-02-2018, 11:13 AM
I think you're blinded by his win/loss column and championships into thinking he always does the right thing.

He's a human being like the rest us and he treated that lady like crap. He was wrong.

She didn't seem to think so. And he treated that lady just like he'd treat any other reporter that baited/asked him the same question 2-3 times....

Her job was to ask the question for a sensationalism. And she did it. His job is to win football games and protect his players. He did it.

I detest bullies... but sometimes it takes a bully to keep people in their lane.

But, hey... You and Finebaum agree... so there's that.

TUSK
09-02-2018, 11:18 AM
They asked who is the starting QB and he says wait 30 seconds, what is the point of hiding it then? Also Tua just played the majority of the snaps, she was basically asking since he started and played great is he the starter. Saban is afraid that Hurts would transfer in the middle of the year like he had a QB a year or so ago. He is pretty much stringing Hurts along for depth. He just doesn't want to admit it. He also tried to block a grad transfer a few years ago because he was the nickel when he actually used him. He didn't want to lose depth at CB even though the guy was a senior and played very little.

Saban was following the rules at the time and has been against "free agency" in college football. It was a bad rule, and it got changed... also, Smith would have likely started at Star/Money for Bammer that year.

Additionally, Hurts has stated all year that he's not going to transfer until December...

MaroonFlounder
09-02-2018, 11:34 AM
3 months from now, when Bama is once again 12-0 and rolling into the CFP with another Natty on the horizon, Saban will be right and everyone else will be wrong. Just bend over and take it. It is what it is. LOL.

RocketDawg
09-02-2018, 12:52 PM
What an ass.

Yeah, he's a prick. No reason to get rude to anybody ... she didn't ask the question in a challenging manner and deserved a civil answer. He needs to remember who pays his outrageous salary.

shoeless joe
09-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Because Disney aka ABC/ESPN pays for half his salary if not more. Saban gets $9.3 mill a year in salary with a huge thanks to television for that. He should be grateful to answer a ten second interview. Would you ever be that rude to a sideline reporter when you're on global television?

Understand that part and don't disagree. My point is more along the lines of why do they do these interviews? Is it simply to justify having a sideline reporter? I've never once been excited or overly interested in them and I wonder if anybody actually feels any different. IMO the sole reason is to try to catch someone off guard and get them to say something that can be blown out of proportion.

I felt the same way when Pete carrol was rude to Bonnie Bernstein and every time someone wants to make a big deal over popovich being an ass.

So I guess I'm saying I understand why the coaches hafta do it but don't understand why the networks want to do the interview. It usually involves some sideline reporter framing up a long question so they look like they know what they're talking about.

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2018, 01:43 PM

Also, he treated her like crap doesn't also make him wrong. It was a dumb question.

Bdawg
09-02-2018, 01:48 PM
I thought it was dickhead answer from a dickhead to a lady doing her job about a topic people are interested in. No need in treating people that way.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Also, he treated her like crap doesn't also make him wrong. It was a dumb question.

Whether Saban likes it or not doesn't change the fact that people are interested in knowing who is the starting QB at Bama. It isn't like he is splitting up the QB snaps which other programs have done. For whatever reason, Saban doesn't want to name Tua the official starter. He is getting the starter snaps and is actually the starter but I guess Saban doesn't want to hurt Jalen's feelings. A reporter is supposed to ask questions people are interested in therefore it wasn't a dumb question.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Understand that part and don't disagree. My point is more along the lines of why do they do these interviews? Is it simply to justify having a sideline reporter? I've never once been excited or overly interested in them and I wonder if anybody actually feels any different. IMO the sole reason is to try to catch someone off guard and get them to say something that can be blown out of proportion.

I felt the same way when Pete carrol was rude to Bonnie Bernstein and every time someone wants to make a big deal over popovich being an ass.

So I guess I'm saying I understand why the coaches hafta do it but don't understand why the networks want to do the interview. It usually involves some sideline reporter framing up a long question so they look like they know what they're talking about.

I hate the NBA ones but I enjoy the college football ones. Gives you a glimpse of the more human and less scripted side of the coaches. Miles and Spurrier were probably the two most entertaining at them.

Todd4State
09-02-2018, 03:29 PM
All he did is tell her that he is not going to talk about it.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 03:32 PM

It's how he said it.

LC Dawg
09-02-2018, 03:38 PM
I thought it was dickhead answer from a dickhead to a lady doing her job about a topic people are interested in. No need in treating people that way.

This is the correct answer. The description of any of Saban's actions are that he is a dickhead. He's a good coach but he is a dickhead. If he were in another profession he would be a dickhead. If other coaches acted like him they would get called out as a dickhead but Saban often gets a pass because he wins. **** him and **** Bama.

RocketDawg
09-02-2018, 04:16 PM

Precisely.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 04:31 PM
I 100% agree! He has answered that over and over.

Now he is Hitler and a racist. LMAO!

You always willingly provide the greatest insight into your character. Nobody called him Hitler or a racist. Dickhead is the most common usage.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2018, 05:01 PM
He's a figurehead of the university and it gets paid a shiiiiit ton of money to act professionally when representing the university. She was polite, and asked a more than reasonable considering the bullshit facade Saban created all offseason. He responded by acting like a petulant child, while pulling the "I care about these kids" bullshit. What a copout. He doesn't give a **** about Hurts. If he did, he'd have been honest and upfront with him all summer and told him Tua was the starter. But Nick needs his backup QB....

Bdawg
09-02-2018, 07:20 PM
Pretty sure I saw on the ESPN bottom line news feed that Saban apologized, for what it's worth.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Pretty sure I saw on the ESPN bottom line news feed that Saban apologized, for what it's worth.

Yep, he did. Last night, I believe.