PDA

View Full Version : Guidry on Instagram at halftime

DawgRockur
09-02-2018, 01:52 AM
What was up with Guidry posting on his Instagram at halftime? Its bullshit and something that should not be allowed.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 02:25 AM
What was up with Guidry posting on his Instagram at halftime? It?s bullshit and something that should not be allowed.

Agree ther.

VandelayIndustries
09-02-2018, 05:55 AM
What did he post?

viverlibre
09-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Why don't you let the coaches handle that Chief?

DawgRockur
09-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Why don't you let the coaches handle that Chief?

This is the same person that is being the voice of reason about courtesy carts. 17 outta here.

hacker
09-02-2018, 12:28 PM
What did he post?

"Smfh" and something about "dreams are being sold"

Complaining about not being targeted much, I guess

RocketDawg
09-02-2018, 12:45 PM
"Smfh" and something about "dreams are being sold"

Complaining about not being targeted much, I guess

Any idea how that translates to English? I remember seeing the QB (Mayden at the time I think) toss one to him, it hit him right in the letters and he dropped it.

Dawgowar
09-02-2018, 01:07 PM
SMFH - 'Shaking My F'ing Head

KOdawg1
09-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Guidry needs to get his shit together. He started off on the wrong foot this spring when he got here, and now he's whining on social media DURING a game? Not impressed so far. The kid's got crazy talent and I'm rooting for him, but he's only hurting himself with this crap. Just play kid.

yjnkdawg
09-02-2018, 01:19 PM
If Guidry stays within and follows the guidelines of JoeMo's football program policy, then he should have plenty of pass catching opportunities. If he doesn't then he won't.

shoeless joe
09-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Do we know for a fact that he's actually the one who typed it and posted? Not sure how all that works but could someone not have access to it and post for him? I could see someone in an athletes crew doing that.

All that said IF he did post it during halftime he shouldn't be playing next week. This is a disappointing occurrence and does not reflect well on several factors of the program.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 01:25 PM
I didn't see the Instagram post and have absolutely zero inside info, but I think this could potentially land him some sort of suspension. I can't imagine a coach letting that slide... You can't have players voicing malcontent during the game on social media

hacker
09-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Do we know for a fact that he's actually the one who typed it and posted? Not sure how all that works but could someone not have access to it and post for him? I could see someone in an athletes crew doing that.

All that said IF he did post it during halftime he shouldn't be playing next week. This is a disappointing occurrence and does not reflect well on several factors of the program.

Yea. It was a caption on a pic from inside the locker room.

DawgRockur
09-02-2018, 01:48 PM
He took a picture of his feet in the locker room. No doubt he posted it

hacker
09-02-2018, 01:50 PM
I didn't see the Instagram post and have absolutely zero inside info, but I think this could potentially land him some sort of suspension. I can't imagine a coach letting that slide... You can't have players voicing malcontent during the game on social media

That's what I was thinking too. And with Guidry's mindset, if he gets suspended, I wouldn't be surprised if it snowballed into something bigger. Hopefully, he gets his mind right.

GreenheadDawg
09-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Im sure that will get him suspended for the KState game

BeastMan
09-02-2018, 01:54 PM
He’s a headcase plain and simple

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 02:02 PM

Would be a bad move on Moorhead's part.

In fact, for championship caliber teams, this isn't something the coaches should have to handle at all. It's on the leaders of the team to police the team and this falls under their management IMO.

Bully13
09-02-2018, 02:05 PM
If his antics can't be corrected, give him a full release and wish him luck. He is not above our program and TEAM unity. If he's too stupid to not know how good of a situation he's in at MSU to get to the NFL, then let him go. No amount of individual talent can cure a cancer that spreads throughout the TEAM.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 02:08 PM
Did he delete his instagram? Link anyone

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 02:23 PM
If his antics can't be corrected, give him a full release and wish him luck. He is not above our program and TEAM unity. If he's too stupid to not know how good of a situation he's in at MSU to get to the NFL, then let him go. No amount of individual talent can cure a cancer that spreads throughout the TEAM.

BTW, he was usually the first guy in the endzone to celebrate with teammates last night after a TD.

Not excusing what he did, but I don't think he's a cancer in anyway.

Turfdawg67
09-02-2018, 02:40 PM
I'm sure JoMo and coaches told him we'd be feeding him the rock back when he was disgruntled in the spring. He had zero catches and two targets at halftime, so his immaturity/frustration got the best of him. Some say he was "open all night"... I didn't see him open too much until he stayed on the right side. Can't get targets if you can't get separation.

CadaverDawg
09-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Guidry needs to STFU and play ball. He hasn't earned shit yet. He's got God given talent and he has yet to turn it into anything but hype and potential. Him and Peters need to stay off the internet and focus on getting better and making plays before they run to Twitter and instagram talking about how good they are or can be. Show us something, speak with your actions.

gravedigger
09-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Would be a bad move on Moorhead's part.

In fact, for championship caliber teams, this isn't something the coaches should have to handle at all. It's on the leaders of the team to police the team and this falls under their management IMO.

Disagree completely. Punishment will cost you his production for the k state game. Not punishing will lead to his future loss of productivity and anyone he drags down with him.

yjnkdawg
09-02-2018, 02:53 PM

If Guidry gets suspended for the KSU game, then it will be for something more than one Instagram post.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Disagree completely. Punishment will cost you his production for the k state game. Not punishing will lead to his future loss of productivity and anyone he drags down with him.

Agree to disagree.

First off, I'm not sure if he even broke a team rule. It's obviously not against team rules to have a phone in the locker room or take it out at half time.

Let the leaders handle it.

preachermatt83
09-02-2018, 03:10 PM
He?s a headcase plain and simple

Amen

yjnkdawg
09-02-2018, 03:18 PM
I think Guidry had two passes that were possibly catchable balls. One he caught and the other was an out of bounds catch. He also had another pass in the end zone where he was held and KT overshot him, probably due to the holding. Receivers want the ball. Especially a 4*, and the top rated receiver coming out of JUCO. If Coach JoeMo sees this as a major issue, then he will address it as such. If not then it will be dealt with in what manner he deems necessary. So unless there is more to it than one Instagram post, then I imagine Guidry will be starting next Saturday.

LC Dawg
09-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Agree to disagree.

First off, I'm not sure if he even broke a team rule. It's obviously not against team rules to have a phone in the locker room or take it out at half time.

Let the leaders handle it.

Do you know it's not against team rules to use your phone at halftime or are you guessing? Do other players post on social media at halftime? I seriously want to know if this is true. In my opinion it's ****ing stupid if you allow players to use their phone at halftime. Hell, if you allow that some will want to have theirs on the sideline soon.

KOdawg1
09-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Is it a coincidence that the best players usually don't post on twitter 247? I don't think it is.

Some tweet constantly about how good they can be. How about you shut the hell up, work hard, and show everyone how good you can be?

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Do you know it's not against team rules to use your phone at halftime or are you guessing? Do other players post on social media at halftime? I seriously want to know if this is true. In my opinion it's ****ing stupid if you allow players to use their phone at halftime. Hell, if you allow that some will want to have theirs on the sideline soon.

I have no clue if it's against rules or not. I know that other players have liked posts at halftime before but I have no clue if they were doing that within Mullen's rules or outside of them.

Are you just guessing that it's against the rules?

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Is it a coincidence that the best players usually don't post on twitter 247? I don't think it is.

Some tweet constantly about how good they can be. How about you shut the hell up, work hard, and show everyone how good you can be?

Of course not, but the best players are typically intelligent, emotionally stable, & team first players. Guys with those attributes don't typically post stupid stuff on twitter.

That being said, WRs are the one position group where guys are a little different. TO, Bryant, Moss, etc would certainly probably post from the sideline if allowed

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Not really sure the issue. He wants targets. We want him to get open in bounds. Seems like he controls almost everything. Fitz will get him the ball. Guidry and our fanbase needs to chill just a few weeks. Does he want to light it up against SFA when at most they only show three total plays from the game, or this upcoming week agaianst a quality opponent on ESPN? Walk before you run, and that goes for the fanbase more so than Guidry.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Personally I wouldn't put up with airing disgust on social media during the game. With that said, a whole lot of good WRs are a major pain in the butt.

Irondawg
09-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Pretty much every coach in every sport has a rule against cell phones during the game or at halftime. I’d be shocked if that wasn’t a violation of team rules.

dawgday166
09-02-2018, 04:35 PM
Of course not, but the best players are typically intelligent, emotionally stable, & team first players. Guys with those attributes don't typically post stupid stuff on twitter.

That being said, WRs are the one position group where guys are a little different. TO, Bryant, Moss, etc would certainly probably post from the sideline if allowed

How many SuperBowls did these guys win?

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Still waiting on evidence of his post

LC Dawg
09-02-2018, 04:44 PM
I have no clue if it's against rules or not. I know that other players have liked posts at halftime before but I have no clue if they were doing that within Mullen's rules or outside of them.

Are you just guessing that it's against the rules?
I'm not guessing, I'm asking a question. I don't know if it's against the rules or not. I think it should be.

hacker
09-02-2018, 04:49 PM
It's not against the rules to use phone at halftime.

Pit Bull
09-02-2018, 04:51 PM
He?s a headcase plain and simple

Yeah.....starting to worry he may be kin to Dez Bryant. At this point, in my mind.....the best WR I saw on the field was Austin Williams. That fingertip catch he made was incredible....at first I thought for sure the ball touched the ground. But replays showed over and over that he did make the catch. He's going to be special with a great attitude to boot!

msstate7
09-02-2018, 04:55 PM

That's crazy to me. Is there like no coaching going on?

BeardoMSU
09-02-2018, 05:02 PM
You guys are jumping head first into the deep end....

HaggardDawg
09-02-2018, 05:03 PM

This. I posted sonetbing about this back in the spring about Guidry. Some guys have god given ability like Guidry, some don't but love the game and play it with passion, and some have both like AJ. The AJs of the world are cut from a different cloth. When they post on social media, it's something football related and working. All Guidry posts are pics of himself and selfies of him singing. The guy dicks off way to much to be a top flight receiver even though he has the talent. He loves himself more than the game or his team. That's just the truth.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-02-2018, 07:53 PM
This is not 1990. Players are on their phones during halftime all the time it's not that big of a deal. Who knows what the hell he was talking about.

RocketDawg
09-02-2018, 07:56 PM

If the coaches don't want the players to be using the phones, they could always put a signal blocker in the dressing room. Of course, they should be listening to the coaches' halftime talks instead of tweeting ....

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 08:37 PM
I would be shocked if it wasnt against team rules to have your cell phone out at halftime. It would be one thing to have it out but another to post some crybaby stuff after 1 half of the first game in which he couldve caught a TD but didnt get his foot down.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2018, 09:18 PM
This is not 1990. Players are on their phones during halftime all the time it's not that big of a deal. Who knows what the hell he was talking about.

The phone is not a big deal. It's what he tweeted that is. And this seems to be a pattern with Guidry.

gravedigger
09-02-2018, 09:24 PM

The first thing Moorhead told them on the first day was to sit up straight and turn their hats the proper direction. That was the first meeting.

Messaging from a locker room a complaint about game management?

Yea, coaching has changed, but not that much since 1990.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 09:26 PM
The phone is not a big deal. It's what he tweeted that is. And this seems to be a pattern with Guidry.

Where's the evidence of this tweet/instagram post? I've been searching for it and have found nothing so far.

mstatefan91
09-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Where's the evidence of this tweet/instagram post? I've been searching for it and have found nothing so far.

I haven't seen it either. Obviously could have been deleted, but this could also be a troll post.

ScoobaDawg
09-02-2018, 10:27 PM

It's been posted on 24/7. But looks to be deleted now.

Everyone should chill the hell out, like it or not. Not our damn business Moorhead will handle it how he feels it should be handled.

mstatefan91
09-02-2018, 10:34 PM

Everyone should chill the hell out, like it or not. Not our damn business Moorhead will handle it how he feels it should be handled.
But I have an opinion and it's important!

yjnkdawg
09-03-2018, 12:35 AM
You guys are jumping head first into the deep end....

Isn't that a normal method of operation for a few on here?

yjnkdawg
09-03-2018, 12:36 AM

Some think it's their business. Some want him off the team, suspended for the KSU game. a locker room cancer, etc. The only thing is that they don't know what he meant, or how it was perceived by our coaching staff. Having personal cell phones in a college football locker room (since social media evolved) is a common practice. Coach JoeMo will take any action concerning this if need be. My bet is that Guidry will be one of our starting receivers come Saturday.

mstatefan91
09-03-2018, 12:53 AM
Some think it's their business. Some want him off the team, suspended for the KSU game. a locker room cancer, etc. The only thing is that they don't know what he meant, or how it was perceived by our coaching staff. Having personal cell phones in a college football locker room (since social media evolved) is a common practice. Coach JoeMo will take any action concerning this if need be. My bet is that Guidry will be one of our starting receivers come Saturday.

Bizarre to me that cell phones are allowed in a locker room during a game.. Would have gotten us in deep shit just 10 years ago.. I'm not saying you aren't right.. I'm just saying that I don't agree with it.. lock the phones up before the game.. get 'em after.. put it in the team rules.

Cooterpoot
09-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Guidry had someissues at Hinds and didn’t get his class work done either. We know he’s squirrely as hell. It’s going to be a 24 hr job to keep him off social media. But, pretty much every school allows phones in the locker room. Times are changing. I don’t like it, but it is what it is.

Cooterpoot
09-03-2018, 06:59 AM
By the way, a few players have called out our fans for ripping them on social media and message boards this weekend. Maybe we’re ALL on our phones too much.

Pit Bull
09-03-2018, 07:05 AM
When I played little league and Babe Ruth baseball, we were NOT allowed to be seen with any girls or girlfriends before the game and the coaches really didn't want them to be in the stands watching us play. They felt it was too big of a distraction and we wouldn't have our minds on the game. Another rule that we had to abide by was ....no swimming the day of the game. Coaches said we would be too tired out to play well. Funny how times have evolved. If I was a coach, phones would not be allowed on the playing field and could not be used in the dressing room at halftime.....would have to wait until the game was over before using them. I'm old school of course.

SandlotDawg
09-03-2018, 07:40 AM
I stopped reading when you said you played little league. Stfu about your glory days. This thread is literally making everyone more stupid by reading it.

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2018, 08:07 AM
How many SuperBowls did these guys win?

That's irrelevant to this discussion. They were divas before they won anything.

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2018, 08:10 AM
Nobody has addressed the biggest question here:

How did Guidry get cell service during a game at DWS?

msbulldog
09-03-2018, 08:13 AM

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Board/59413/Contents/Stephen-Guidry-halftime-post--121342886/
I don't know if it will let you in, first post.

msstate7
09-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Nobody has addressed the biggest question here:

How did Guidry get cell service during a game at DWS?
Obviously cspire bc att sure won't work

Dawg61
09-03-2018, 08:30 AM
By the way, a few players have called out our fans for ripping them on social media and message boards this weekend. Maybe we?re ALL on our phones too much.

Where? Evidence/link?

Dawg61
09-03-2018, 08:31 AM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Board/59413/Contents/Stephen-Guidry-halftime-post--121342886/
I don't know if it will let you in, first post.

Thanks but it doesn't let me see it.

GreenheadDawg
09-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Where? Evidence/link?

Yeh he’s the king of vague statements without providing an ounce of evidence

Cooterpoot
09-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Where? Evidence/link?

Twitter. Not hard to find if you follow players.

Dawg61
09-03-2018, 09:21 AM
Twitter. Not hard to find if you follow players.

I don't follow college kids.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Shocker, Jamal Peters. Just shut up and work on covering WR's. Good grief

msstate7
09-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Shocker, Jamal Peters. Just shut up and work on covering WR's. Good grief

Check the time stamp... he may have tweeted on the field trying to cover an SFA wr

hacker
09-03-2018, 11:04 AM
What did Peters say?

Dawg61
09-03-2018, 11:30 AM
What did Peters say? pretty much nothing

https://twitter.com/JamalPeters21/status/1036100827864342528

https://twitter.com/JamalPeters21/status/1036456727074533376

BeardoMSU
09-03-2018, 11:45 AM
pretty much nothing

Yep. Nothing.

Jesus people, here's a hint: don't follow players or read their tweets.

Dawgology
09-03-2018, 12:02 PM
You people are crazy. Signal jammers in the locker room?? Suspension for a tweet? Damn. Lmao!

He posted something because he was upset about something. If I'm a coach I bring him aside and explain to him that if he has worries and concerns he can come directly to me and we will hash it out. Talk through it. Make him better as a player and a man. That's coaching. Suspending someone without addressing the root cause isn't helping anyone. Guidry has all the talent in the world to be as awesome as he wants to. So does Jamal Peters. Both of them are going to shut you all up by the end of the season.

Bully13
09-03-2018, 12:03 PM
Yep. Nothing.

Jesus people, here's a hint: don't follow players or read their tweets.

Good advice. If you must lurk, fine. But just STFU if you don't have anything positive or nice to say. Why is that so hard? throw a Comment or two on ED. So was this over blown? is our new Juco WR disrupting the locker room or not?

yjnkdawg
09-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Good advice. If you must lurk, fine. But just STFU if you don't have anything positive or nice to say. Why is that so hard? throw a Comment or two on ED. So was this over blown? is our new Juco WR disrupting the locker room or not?

Yeah, I think it was overblown. If there is an issue that's needs to be addressed, then Coach JoeMo wiil address it. If it's not an issue then nothing will be done. What a few people on a message board thinks need be done to a player means nothing as to what the final outcome will be. But they still don't realize that these negative comments can take wings and go to other places.

yjnkdawg
09-03-2018, 12:26 PM
Bizarre to me that cell phones are allowed in a locker room during a game.. Would have gotten us in deep shit just 10 years ago.. I'm not saying you aren't right.. I'm just saying that I don't agree with it.. lock the phones up before the game.. get 'em after.. put it in the team rules.

Welcome to the new college football way of doing things since social media evolved. We may not like it, and I imagine the coaches don't like it, but it appears to be the norm now.

TUSK
09-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Has this ever happened before? I can remember and LSU guy hitting social media after the 2012 BCSNCG, but I don't think I've heard of it happening during a game...

Is this a regular thing, today?

CadaverDawg
09-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Has this ever happened before? I can remember and LSU guy hitting social media after the 2012 BCSNCG, but I don't think I've heard of it happening during a game...

It's not a regular thing, and it's something that our players don't need to be doing.....but this message board has gone soft, so there is no being critical anymore, so we're all going to act like our best WR Instagramming at halftime about his lack of targets is something everybody does now. That help?

BuckyIsAB****
09-03-2018, 12:51 PM

No its not. Like I said, I would be shocked if Moorhead allowed them to have their phones during halftime

msstate7
09-03-2018, 12:52 PM
It's not a regular thing, and it's something that our players don't need to be doing.....but this message board has gone soft, so there is no being critical anymore, so we're all going to act like our best WR Instagramming at halftime about his lack of targets is something everybody does now. That help?

Put on a helmet

CadaverDawg
09-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Put on a helmet

Haha

https://i.imgur.com/CKWJ5wh.gif

99jc
09-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Put on a helmet

Personally I don't give a flying 17 if Moorhead is tweeting hookers during the game as long as we win.

99jc
09-03-2018, 01:00 PM

About as regular as Saban acting an ass towards reporters

BeardoMSU
09-03-2018, 01:08 PM
Haha

The look on W's face is priceless. It's a combination of shock and humor. Shock in "did that MF'er just throw his shoe at me?", and humor knowing he's not going to need shoes anymore, since that dude is about to have his legs ripped off and beat to death with 'em.

Dawgology
09-03-2018, 01:20 PM
The look on W's face is priceless. It's a combination of shock and humor. Shock in "did that MF'er just throw his shoe at me?", and humor knowing he's not going to need shoes anymore, since that dude is about to have his legs ripped off and beat to death with 'em.

Guy never had a chance. W was a combat pilot. Really good reflexes. I find it hilarious the guy threw his other shoe also.. haha.

TUSK
09-03-2018, 02:31 PM
About as regular as Saban acting an ass towards reporters

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/733/633/633733.jpg

Bully13
09-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Haha

that clip never gets old. LMAO. that smirk on W's face is funny too.

TUSK
09-03-2018, 02:35 PM

Yeah, it does.

It's mind boggling to me.

yjnkdawg
09-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Well for those people on here who wanted Guidry suspended, removed from the team or whatever. Guess what? On the official depth chart for the Kansas State game, he is listed as a No.1 WR, along with Mitchell. Somebody who takes a screenshot of a player's Instagram, posts it on a message board (247), gets posters stirred up, and then tries to decipher what a player means in that post, probably needs to find a hobby.

msstate7
09-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Well for those people on here who wanted Guidry suspended, removed from the team or whatever. Guess what? On the official depth chart for the Kansas State game, he is listed as a No.1 WR, along with Mitchell. Somebody who takes a screenshot of a player's Instagram, posts it on a message board (247), gets posters stirred up, and then tries to decipher what a player means in that post, probably needs to find a hobby.

Not sure why anyone would expect something to happen to Guidry for being a crybaby. He's been a crybaby from day 1. Now hopefully his performance makes it worth putting up with

HaggardDawg
09-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Somebody get Peters a teddy bear. Man up, play better, and stop crying for sympathy on Twitter. The insecurity with some of these "stars" is mind boggling to me.

West Tn Dawg
09-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Not sure why anyone would expect something to happen to Guidry for being a crybaby. He's been a crybaby from day 1. Now hopefully his performance makes it worth putting up with
Reminds me of when I ran into three aTm fans on an elevator in West Monroe. We started talking and I told them I hated there QB. (Manziel). They all laughed and said we do too! But we sure are glad he's on our team!

CadaverDawg
09-03-2018, 04:19 PM
Somebody get Peters a teddy bear. Man up, play better, and stop crying for sympathy on Twitter. The insecurity with some of these "stars" is mind boggling to me.

Amen

RocketDawg
09-03-2018, 05:10 PM
W had great reaction time. Wonder if he could still do that?