PDA

View Full Version : Back from the game...

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 12:37 AM
I wasn't that impressed actually. On the face of it it looks like a long year to me. That being said when it was actually in doubt.....the first 5 minutes, we were dominate. The score looked like it should even without our #1 QB so on deeper reflection.....we did what we should have. The only really troubling thing is our #2 QB had an atrocious completion %.

One BIG complaint: I prepaid to park at the public lot of my choice online. When I got there they said the lot was full and I couldn't park there. We raised some Hell and after a time they eventually let us in, after I showed them the code and receipt and raised even more Hell. Here is a hint to this supposed big time parking management company: Make sure you save enough spaces for your prepaid customers, you know, the ones who did things like we were asked to. Don't sell them to drive ups and tell people you have already taken money from in advance to go to hell.

MarketingBully
09-02-2018, 12:47 AM
Lol this is classic. Why are you even a State fan?

Coach007
09-02-2018, 12:50 AM
Did you here the coach tonight??

FriarsPoint
09-02-2018, 01:02 AM
I wasn't that impressed actually. On the face of it it looks like a long year to me. That being said when it was actually in doubt.....the first 5 minutes, we were dominate. The score looked like it should even without our #1 QB so on deeper reflection.....we did what we should have. The only really troubling thing is our #2 QB had an atrocious completion %.

One BIG complaint: I prepaid to park at the public lot of my choice online. When I got there they said the lot was full and I couldn't park there. We raised some Hell and after a time they eventually let us in, after I showed them the code and receipt and raised even more Hell. Here is a hint to this supposed big time parking management company: Make sure you save enough spaces for your prepaid customers, you know, the ones who did things like we were asked to. Don't sell them to drive ups and tell people you have already taken money from in advance to go to hell.

Bulldog Backer?s alias. It?s a communist plot.

Skydawg1
09-02-2018, 01:05 AM
Why can't any of you morons spell DOMINANT???? We are never DOMINATE in anything! effing tards.

MarketingBully
09-02-2018, 01:10 AM
Have to ask, I guess you weren’t impressed by the 49-0 win against Charleston Southern last year either.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 01:11 AM
Lol this is classic. Why are you even a State fan?

Maybe because my current student son is about to become a third generation graduate? I'm not a "fan". Perhaps you are?

MarketingBully
09-02-2018, 01:20 AM
Maybe because my current student son is about to become a third generation graduate? I'm not a "fan". Perhaps you are?

Who gives a shit if you sit there and say dumb stuff like “I’m not impressed.” “I have to see it with my own eyes.” and just genuinely negative not constructive stuff. It’s obvious this team has talent and it’s obvious this is going to be a 9+ Win team at the least (barring injury). I would have gladly taken a “we have a lot to clean up but we won 63-6 so there’s really not much to complain about and we also started our backup QB who’s not necessarily ready for prime time.” When you beat a team 63-6, you don’t win credibility arguments when you say you weren’t impressed. Just saying.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 01:22 AM
Have to ask, I guess you weren’t impressed by the 49-0 win against Charleston Southern last year either.

No, I wasn't. Why should you be impressed by doing what you should against a FCS team? I just saw a lot of little things tonight that shouldn't happen against a BAD team from a lower division. It may not mean much, hoping it doesn't. That being said I bet the players will hear about what I'm talking about during the film breakdowns tomorrow. I bet the coaches will criticize themselves for some of them too. It was a good opponent for a shakedown cruise for a new boat.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 01:28 AM
Who gives a shit if you sit there and say dumb stuff like “I’m not impressed.” “I have to see it with my own eyes.” and just genuinely negative not constructive stuff. It’s obvious this team has talent and it’s obvious this is going to be a 9+ Win team at the least (barring injury). I would have gladly taken a “we have a lot to clean up but we won 63-6 so there’s really not much to complain about and we also started our backup QB who’s not necessarily ready for prime time.” When you beat a team 63-6, you don’t win credibility arguments when you say you weren’t impressed. Just saying.

Dude, you DO realize what we played tonight, SURELY? You don't win any credibility arguements by crowing about trouncing a bad FCS team. The score reflects what it should. Hopefully we clean up what a more in depth look reveals to any who can do it. I'm probabaly being overly critical, hopefully I am. But I ain't about to get excited by whippping a bad FCS team that fired their coach just before camp started.

MarketingBully
09-02-2018, 01:31 AM
No, I wasn't. Why should you be impressed by doing what you should against a FCS team? I just saw a lot of little things tonight that shouldn't happen against a BAD team from a lower division. It may not mean much, hoping it doesn't. That being said I bet the players will hear about what I'm talking about during the film breakdowns tomorrow. I bet the coaches will criticize themselves for some of them too. It was a good opponent for a shakedown cruise for a new boat.

We started our backup QB. When it mattered and our D was pumped, SFA had -21 total yards in the first quarter. Our defense had 17 TFL in one game. We had 36 all last year. You have to really be negative to nitpick a 63-6 Win. Of course our coaches will harp on any mistakes that were made and clean them up but Mullen never won a game 63-6. Moorhead beat Mullen in biggest margin and most points scored in his debut in one game and SFA was as bad as several of the FCS opponents Mullen played in his tenure here.

MarketingBully
09-02-2018, 01:38 AM
Dude, you DO realize what we played tonight, SURELY? You don't win any credibility arguements by crowing about trouncing a bad FCS team. The score reflects what it should. Hopefully we clean up what a more in depth look reveals to any who can do it. I'm probabaly being overly critical, hopefully I am. But I ain't about to get excited by whippping a bad FCS team that fired their coach just before camp started.

Yes, I realize this is a shitty FCS team. I also realize that A) we started our backup QB instead of our starter and B) this is our first game of the season. All of our little errors we made tonight were fixable and we get Fitz back for game two. This game doesn’t change my opinion that we will finish 10-2 or 9-3 at worst and will contend for the SEC West.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 01:43 AM
We started our backup QB. When it mattered and our D was pumped, SFA had -21 total yards in the first quarter. Our defense had 17 TFL in one game. We had 36 all last year. You have to really be negative to nitpick a 63-6 Win. Of course our coaches will harp on any mistakes that were made and clean them up but Mullen never won a game 63-6. Moorhead beat Mullen in biggest margin and most points scored in his debut in one game and SFA was as bad as several of the FCS opponents Mullen played in his tenure here.

Who is Mullen? That backup QB had a much better game against a much better opponent last year. I'm just reminded of another opener a long time ago for another much hyped MSU team. Cool the jets for now. Win next week.....and it's better, but given what KSU did today.....maybe not that much better.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 01:49 AM
Yes, I realize this is a shitty FCS team. I also realize that A) we started our backup QB instead of our starter and B) this is our first game of the season. All of our little errors we made tonight were fixable and we get Fitz back for game two. This game doesn’t change my opinion that we will finish 10-2 or 9-3 at worst and will contend for the SEC West.
IF we play like we did today for the rest of the season, I'll be happy with 7. I won't be really happy with 7 understand. Again.....same thing I heard a long time ago in a season far, far away when it comes to cleaning things up for a much hyped team.

Todd4State
09-02-2018, 01:51 AM
I think KT's problem was mechanical. I noticed that he was throwing to a lot of open WR's but the ball was conosstently high. He didn't throw any INT's so I'm guessing that he was making the right reads most of the time. If he gets his mechanics down he will be fine.

FriarsPoint
09-02-2018, 01:52 AM
IF we play like we did today for the rest of the season, I'll be happy with 7. I won't be really happy with 7 understand. Again.....same thing I heard a long time ago in a season far, far away when it comes to cleaning things up for a much hyped team.

Dude, you’re a communist no ***** getting son of a bitch. And you need to sit down shut up.

Todd4State
09-02-2018, 01:54 AM

Most of our "problems" on offense will be solved when Nick comes back. That will make the receivers and o-line better right off the bat. And will also make the running backs even better as well.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 01:54 AM
Why can't any of you morons spell DOMINANT???? We are never DOMINATE in anything! effing tards.

I Kant spell Kat. You want me to spell summit with multiple syllables?

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 01:55 AM
Dude, you’re a communist no ***** getting son of a bitch. And you need to sit down shut up.

Now THAT, to those that actually know me, is HILARIOUS! Especially from another low post commando.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 02:00 AM
Most of our "problems" on offense will be solved when Nick comes back. That will make the receivers and o-line better right off the bat. And will also make the running backs even better as well.

I won't argue with that. I actually think Key just had an off night too. Go back and look at the big pass plays. They were all so wide open that the underthrows were not noticed. He has already shown he is better than that.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 02:00 AM
Sounds like you are more pissed off about the parking deal than the game. This team is loaded and had some typical first game stuff to clean up. We should take KSU's lunch money next saturday

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 02:02 AM
I think KT's problem was mechanical. I noticed that he was throwing to a lot of open WR's but the ball was conosstently high. He didn't throw any INT's so I'm guessing that he was making the right reads most of the time. If he gets his mechanics down he will be fine.
Again, no arguement, if by "high" you mean too much arch. Key has already shown he is better than what he showed tonight.

Bama_Dawg
09-02-2018, 02:07 AM
One thing I noticed is IF SFA had time to throw, there were plenty WR running free. Peters got burnt on numerous occasions. Not sure how you clean that up if he can't cover FCS wide receivers. Yes, one of them is an SEC talent, but he would have been TAMU's 4th or 5th receiver. We've got to cover those. That an KT throwing high...need to fix that.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 02:12 AM
Sounds like you are more pissed off about the parking deal than the game. This team is loaded and had some typical first game stuff to clean up. We should take KSU's lunch money next saturday

Actually no. They local rental security wasn't going to let me park. The company guys (who happened to be there when we arrived) from the actual contractor bent over backwards and got me into what I had paid for. They did what I would expect and I thanked them for it. Hopefully next time they don't over sell the lot to drive ups. I ain't pissed about the game either. I'm just pumping my brakes, and I'm a (from long, sad experience) confirmed pessimist when it comes to hyped MSU football teams

I'd like to add a BIG kudos to the students! It's a holiday weekend and y'all SHOWED UP! You were DAMN loud early on and you stayed through the rain. You can be excused for leaving at the half for this one, given the margin on the scoreboard.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 02:13 AM
One thing I noticed is IF SFA had time to throw, there were plenty WR running free. Peters got burnt on numerous occasions. Not sure how you clean that up if he can't cover FCS wide receivers. Yes, one of them is an SEC talent, but he would have been TAMU's 4th or 5th receiver. We've got to cover those. That an KT throwing high...need to fix that.

Perhaps THE thing that concerned me the most.

Bothrops
09-02-2018, 02:37 AM
I noticed a larger dropoff with the second d-line than I was anticipating. But I believe that has something to do with being comfortable.

Peters game needs some immediate attention.

Keytaon needs more game experience against better opponents. He got pressured too much in the second half, however. Great runner

What happened to #22

It's the first game, we will improve. Overall, I like the foot on the pedal late in the game, and personnel usage.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 02:48 AM
I noticed a larger dropoff with the second d-line than I was anticipating. But I believe that has something to do with being comfortable.

Keytaon needs more game experience against better opponents. He got pressured too much in the second half, however. Great runner

What happened to #22

It's the first game, we will improve. Overall, I like the foot on the pedal late in the game, and personnel usage.

Yep, no arguements. I'll add I LOVE the new redshirt rule. This might be the only game we can get the youngsters we plan to red shirt into. I'd save the NEXT game for those few we migh actually need later though.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 07:26 AM
His completion % was low because Mo wanted him working on deep passes. Guarantee you Key has never attempted 30 deep throws in a game before till this one. He needs work on it yet he still broke Dak's record for tds in one game because of it. He doesn't need to work on 5 yard hitch passes. Key could throw 5 yard passes all game and have an 80% completion rate anytime he or Mo wanted him to. Maybe you should be smart enough to not grab the extremely low hanging fruit next time.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 07:29 AM

I hope some of this was just picking up a new defense. Hopefully a week of practice cleans up the secondary some

Maroonthirteen
09-02-2018, 07:38 AM
My .02.....

KT has to get more accurate. He has been our QB for the last 11 quarters. I expected a little more accuracy on the pass touch. Fitz being out.... what a Bone head

Yep, the pass defense on one particular side of the field.... I?m worried.

PK, seems like a weak leg. I?ve seen many kickers bounce it off the Seal building for years. I don?t think one extra point hit thee building. Just saying.... maybe something to watch.

The run defense is phenomenal. Running back is phenomenal

Johnson85
09-02-2018, 08:14 AM
My .02.....

KT has to get more accurate. He has been our QB for the last 11 quarters. I expected a little more accuracy on the pass touch. Fitz being out.... what a Bone head

Yep, the pass defense on one particular side of the field.... I?m worried.

PK, seems like a weak leg. I?ve seen many kickers bounce it off the Seal building for years. I don?t think one extra point hit thee building. Just saying.... maybe something to watch.

The run defense is phenomenal. Running back is phenomenal

Only gotten to watch the 3rd quarter so far and would agree kt has to be better. Still a true sophomore in basically his third game, but I think he looked better against Louisville and um than he has in this quarter.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 08:28 AM
- We score 63 points without help from a defensive or special teams score. 63... 17ing... points
- We also scored 63 points without a great completion percentage from our QB. Think about that. The offense creates points with less than perfect execution. That helps in big games.
- Peters has to get better.
- OL was just ok, but that's usually the case when they have to pass block so often. I think they'll look substantially better in bigger games when the establish the running game.

Sloppy game but the season slowly gets harder. We've got time to correct things

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Only gotten to watch the 3rd quarter so far and would agree kt has to be better. Still a true sophomore in basically his third game, but I think he looked better against Louisville and um than he has in this quarter.

He did, but we established the runs in those games, which made his play action reads easier & the throws shorter.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 09:35 AM
His completion % was low because Mo wanted him working on deep passes. Guarantee you Key has never attempted 30 deep throws in a game before till this one. He needs work on it yet he still broke Dak's record for tds in one game because of it. He doesn't need to work on 5 yard hitch passes. Key could throw 5 yard passes all game and have an 80% completion rate anytime he or Mo wanted him to. Maybe you should be smart enough to not grab the extremely low hanging fruit next time.

You have to admit that is a low % compared to what Joe's stated expectation is. All the things mentioned here are part of what concerned me. It didn't matter last night because of how bad that team was. We won't see their like again.

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 09:45 AM
You have to admit that is a low % compared to what Joe's stated expectation is. All the things mentioned here are part of what concerned me. It didn't matter last night because of how bad that team was. We won't see their like again.

Sure it's an ugly percentage but 360 yards passing on 11 completions isn't ugly at all. Neither is 5 passing tds and 0 interceptions. Would you rather have 22 singles and score 3 runs or 6 singles and score 28 runs?? Who gives a **** what his completion % is when we score 63 points 0 turnovers on offense.

Bully13
09-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Piggy backing on a post from last night. Jomo was forcing the 2 minute drill to start the 2nd half and SFA knew it. Looked like total dog shit but nothing to freak out about.

Tbonewannabe
09-02-2018, 10:58 AM

What happened to #22

Aeris is #26 now instead of 22. He had a couple of good runs and caught a TD.

Political Hack
09-02-2018, 11:13 AM
If this team was worth a damn they would've won 164-0.

I seen it dawg
09-02-2018, 12:06 PM

Makes me feel so much better about my opinion of the game after this.

I seen it dawg
09-02-2018, 12:08 PM

And hopefully this was just a liquored post. Liverpool is a moron but he's our moron who has been here awhile. Check yourself.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2018, 03:29 PM

What mistakes did our team make that all other teams didn't make on their first game of the season yesterday?