PDA

View Full Version : Now, that?s a ?statement?...

TUSK
09-01-2018, 11:54 PM
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Cheers.gif

Well done.

msstate7
09-01-2018, 11:57 PM
I think auburn made the best statement this week.

TUSK
09-02-2018, 12:10 AM
I think auburn made the best statement this week.

I saw AU start out fast, took a nap, & then they were in a dogfight with UW.

Why didn?t AU beat their brakes off? UW is not a legit contender, imo (gawd, I hope they go 12-1).

Edit: not a rhetorical question... really, what happened?

msstate7
09-02-2018, 12:14 AM
I saw AU start out fast, took a nap, & then they were in a dogfight with UW.

Why didn’t AU beat their brakes off? UW is not a legit contender, imo (gawd, I hope they go 12-1).

They may not be a real contender, but they're the best team an sec team played so far. Peterson had all offseason to get ready for auburn and only scored 16. I thought it was a great win for auburn

TUSK
09-02-2018, 12:27 AM
They may not be a real contender, but they're the best team an sec team played so far. Peterson had all offseason to get ready for auburn and only scored 16. I thought it was a great win for auburn

ahhhh, I misunderstood you... I agree, UW definitely was the best SEC opponent, thus far... by far.

I thought that AU might shut them out... and I "for sure knew" AU would score more than they did... I was wrong on both counts....

AU's DL is legit, IMO... Their O disappointed... (but I saw little and am going mostly off the Box)...

Nonetheless, as SEC Fans, we'd love to see UW run the table.

NolaDawgPound
09-02-2018, 12:47 AM

Auburn lost almost their entire starting OL. That will hurt them a some point this year.

it showed today, but as we've seen repeatedly those Pac-12 Puss boys cant hang with real football teams.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 12:49 AM
Aubie had the best win of any team in the country today.

TUSK
09-02-2018, 01:01 AM
Stidham is legit... and AU will improve...

and they better because they are gonna play (at least) 2 teams that are A LOT better than UW... on the road, too.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 01:37 AM
Auburns OL really got their asses whipped at times. They are as advertised on the DL but UW moved it thru the air when Browning could get it off

MarketingBully
09-02-2018, 01:41 AM
Stidham is legit... and AU will improve...

and they better because they are gonna play (at least) 2 teams that are A LOT better than UW... on the road, too.

They play three of the best DLs in the country all on the road. Gameday will be in Starkville for the October 6th game after we dispatch Dan’s team. DWS will be rocking two weeks in a row before our bye week.

MarketingBully
09-02-2018, 01:43 AM
Auburns OL really got their asses whipped at times. They are as advertised on the DL but UW moved it thru the air when Browning could get it off

Sweat, Simmons, and Green will be like Clemson’s DL last year against Stidham.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 02:05 AM
Sweat, Simmons, and Green will be like Clemson’s DL last year against Stidham.

Green may be a 2 by the time that game gets here. Rivers is damn good at WDE.

PassInterference
09-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Lot of good things. Some things to clean up. Hey, a lot of good teams looked bad against bad teams and we were not one of them.

REALLY liked how Guidry and Whop looked. Those guys can catch and can impose their will with the ball in their hands.

Kylin is a stud.

Saban would probably trade DL depth chart with us.

Our CBs. Ouch. Next....

Kicking was good.

Mixon did good with returns. Kept getting drilled from the side. A few times he was a block or a broken tackle from a house call.

Mayden has a nice burst. Would like to see him throw more. I really like the new rule that lets redshirts play in 4 games.

Keyton is a good runner. Can make some good passes. Needs some polish. It?s OK. He?s young and he?s probably a better passer now than probably any QB we?ve had in his 2nd start.

Gibson looked good.

Aris was good. I think he and Kylin have swapped roles. As it should he. Aris is good and Kylin is a stud.

We threw the ball downfield a lot. Even on 3rd & 20 when Mullen would run or throw underneath hoping to break something. Hell you gotta try for a first down. Can?t be scared to punt.

Our front 7 is damn elite. We blitzed a lot. Maybe it?s just me but I think with an elite front 7, you play more vanilla-ish and let your DL blow shit up while your LBs don?t get out of position with blitzes.

Our OL didn?t block so good. Like always, it takes an OL a little bit to gel. In game 1 and maybe game 2, defenses are ahead of offenses.

A lot of good teams looked bad against bad teams. Not us. That?s good. I think we improve in week 2 and beat the hell out of K State.

TUSK
09-02-2018, 02:47 AM
Saban would probably trade DL depth chart with us.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/yA0LJr.gif

bulldawg28
09-02-2018, 06:50 AM
Auburn lost almost their entire starting OL. That will hurt them a some point this year.

it showed today, but as we've seen repeatedly those Pac-12 Puss boys cant hang with real football teams.

This all day. Auburn is not the dominant team i'm reading in these posts. Stidham won't be drafted with the bonehead mistakes he makes. Any pressure and he plays like an 8th grade Qb. Washington should have won that game by 10-12 points

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Great win for Auburn but West Virginia is the best team an SEC team played Saturday imo. Grier and their receivers are legit. WVU would beat UW on a neutral field.

bulldawg28
09-02-2018, 08:51 AM
Great win for Auburn but West Virginia is the best team an SEC team played Saturday imo. Grier and their receivers are legit. WVU would beat UW on a neutral field.

Agreed

bulldawg28
09-02-2018, 08:53 AM
Anyways, our guys played well last night. It was a great first step.

msstate7
09-02-2018, 09:04 AM
I think y'all are severely overestimating West Virginia. Washington would score a ton on them. Tenn is just really bad offensively. WV was worse than Texas tech last season in total defense. Think about that

Dawg61
09-02-2018, 09:19 AM
I think y'all are severely overestimating West Virginia. Washington would score a ton on them. Tenn is just really bad offensively. WV was worse than Texas tech last season in total defense. Think about that

Tennessee definitely sucks on offense but Grier is a special talent for WVU at QB. I watched the Tennessee game mostly over the Auburn game and only watched Auburn when there was a rain delay. Washington didn't impress during the twenty minutes I watched. I'll probably go back and watch that game this week. I watched zero of the Bama game till this morning. So sick of watching Bama and Auburn I decided this year other teams would get my first views.

dawgday166
09-02-2018, 09:43 AM

Don't think so. WVU wasn't playing against AUs D, which is very good and may be best in SEC.

dawgday166
09-02-2018, 09:44 AM

I think you're correct here. Washington is pretty good IMO. Their D impressed me, especially the D line.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2018, 09:48 AM

Agree. Tennessee is turrible

bulldawg28
09-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Don't think so. WVU wasn't playing against AUs D, which is very good and may be best in SEC.

Based off what? Those Db's were getting torched all day. Washington had 400 yards of offense. That's average at best.

dawgday166
09-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Based off what? Those Db's were getting torched all day

With one handed grabs, etc. Quite a few times the DBs were there and in good position, receiver made a helluva play. And Washington couldn't run hardly at all.

bulldawg28
09-02-2018, 10:27 AM
With one handed grabs, etc. Quite a few times the DBs were there and in good position, receiver made a helluva play. And Washington couldn't run hardly at all.

Being there and not making the play proves my point. The best defenses make more than they lose. They lost almost every play or pass interferenced on the outside.

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2018, 12:15 PM
I just love people saying Auburns DBs got torched when they had basically the same thing happen to them as our DBs did. SFA WRs went up and got it once or twice. Could we get better at high pointing the ball, being in better position? Sure but some on here are acting like SFA had guys running scot free wherever they wanted haha