PDA

View Full Version : For those who have not been to the sports book yet sams town not to bad...

99jc
08-31-2018, 09:07 AM
Pitchers of beer for $6 pretty nice setup on the Tvs. Gonna lay $1500 I won last night on 2 game parlay Wisconsin and Bama to cover. Hail State

THE Bruce Dickinson
08-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Pitchers of beer for $6 pretty nice setup on the Tvs. Gonna lay $1500 I won last night on 2 game parlay Wisconsin and Bama to cover. Hail State

40+ point lines terrify me. Hope you hit on Wisky.

Anyone been to the book at the Golden Moon yet?

WSOPdawg
08-31-2018, 10:49 AM

Haven't been to Sam's Town yet, but wouldn't take much to out-do Gold Strike or Horseshoe.

GS appears to be set up in a cave (poor lighting) and found it difficult to get info regarding "house rules and set-up" (confirmation of teaser and parlay payouts, etc), but at least they do teasers as Horseshoe does not yet have teasers available (wtf???) but you can see what you're writing and read the odds sheets (ie, much better lighting). Horseshoe also has minimal seating and tv's and will get plenty crowded on weekends as it is adjacent to the poker room.

msu15
08-31-2018, 11:36 AM

Don't think it's 100% finished yet. I know they had another meeting on it last weekend.

fishwater99
08-31-2018, 11:40 AM
Congrats, be sure to let us know about your losses too..

Good Luck !!!

viverlibre
08-31-2018, 02:25 PM

The Golden Moon is open and sad. They don't have over/under wins for season, the cashiers knew less than I did and the room is not set up well at all. They had to try hard to make it so bad. I understand the Choctaw's run it themselves, why not let someone from Vegas come in and run the whole thing and the Choctaws take a % of the profits? Sad is the best word to describe it.

Dawgtini
09-01-2018, 06:31 AM

It?s pretty nice. Having some opening day issues but over all it?s good. However they need to hire someone to fix the furniture layout...plenty of space and TVs but crappy layout. Teaching the local employment base how to take bets seems to have been a challenge, but will surely get better. I heard they hired a couple of guys from Vegas to run the book so it won?t take long to see the improvement.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2018, 07:33 AM
Headed to moon Florida wkd. It's a sports book so it's better by a long shot than anything they had before this week. I bet a month in should be a lot better.