PDA

View Full Version : Two games tonight over two hours to play first half

SailingDawg
08-30-2018, 09:16 PM
I hope this isn't a sign to come. Seems like last year there weren't as many four hour games as before, tonight doesn't look good. Of course, some are high-scoring affairs.

RocketDawg
08-30-2018, 09:34 PM
The A&M game didn't quite get there, but was close. It'll be over 4 clock hours by the time it's over though, with halftime.

I think Purdue/Northwestern did.

BuckyIsAB****
08-31-2018, 12:02 AM
Well when you have to watch the same 2 commercials after every punt and review garbage targeting calls that happens

Todd4State
08-31-2018, 12:18 AM
I wish football would do like soccer and have ads by the scoreboard on the screen and then only have beaks of a minute or two at a time.

msu15
08-31-2018, 07:51 AM
Save us XFL

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2018, 08:44 AM
I wish football would do like soccer and have ads by the scoreboard on the screen and then only have beaks of a minute or two at a time.

I completely agree with this. One actual commercial break to start a quarter.
They may actually save enough time through three games to have a 4th game on that channel that day.

Dawg61
08-31-2018, 09:07 AM
The reviews take wayyy too long. Should take :15 seconds max. Stop announcing the previous play is under review and then having the refs huddle together. Just tell the head ref (pause - reverse call - play on). All the reviews add up to I'm guessing close to a half-hour or so.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2018, 09:46 AM
And they wonder why attendance is starting to drop off.

ZedFedder
08-31-2018, 10:06 AM
I think the review process is the reason. Way too many reviews that take way too long. I understand the importance of it and needing to get it right, but it has to be honed in and streamlined better.

drunkernhelldawg
08-31-2018, 01:23 PM
And they wonder why attendance is starting to drop off.

Personally, I think that's due to over saturation. Too much football on tv makes it less special than it used to be. I love it, but I know I'll see my Dawgs whether I drive to Starkville or not. It's comfortable in my living room. 24 hour food and beverage service and even a dancing girl from time to time.