PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under the # of 1st Rounders on Our Defense - 2.5

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2018, 12:35 PM
Just reading through some tweets today & seeing how re-damn-diculous our defense should be.

So the question is over/under 2.5 first rounders on this defense. Doesn't just have to apply to the 2019 draft.

Potentials:

Simmons - Should be a 1st rounder

Abram -
@MikeDetillier
Following Following @MikeDetillier
More
Replying to @bobounds
Abram is my 32nd best overall player for 2019 draft.. Johnathan?s ability to man cover is going to get him some 1st round pick looks..He?s physical in run support but most importantly today ..he can match up coverage wise downfield.

Peters -
Matt Miller
@nfldraftscout
44m44 minutes ago
More
Miss. State CB Jamal Peters is one of my new favorite players in the country. Think he has RD1 potential.

Montez Sweat - Currently 25th on Kiper's big board

Gerri Green -
Dan Kadar
‏@MockingTheDraft
Replying to @CDonScouting
I like Gerri Green too, especially since they?re moving to more of a 4-3

Leo Lewis - Down year in 2017, but is 3rd team preseason all-SEC

Brian Cole - Sleeper to be a high pick.

Tyler Horka
‏@tbhorka
Aug 28
More
Special teams coach Joey Jones on Brian Cole: "He practices the way you want everyone to." Jones says he's a special player. Cole is the No. 1 kick returner this year. Marcus Murphy right there with him.

Mark McLaurin - Preseason 2nd team All-SEC

Chauncey Rivers - Some insiders say he is better than Sweat

Willie Gay -
Barton Simmons

@bartonsimmons
The next Roquan Smith could be Ms State?s Willie Gay. Same size coming out of HS. Same freaky athletes. 20 and 23 tackles as frosh. Gay having a big spring. Soph year could be a breakout season.

Guys that I didn't include that also have ceiling:

Kobe Jones
Dantzler
Adams
Jackson
Autry
Murphy

KOdawg1
08-30-2018, 12:51 PM
I say under. I think Simmons gets pushed to the 2nd round because of that video.

Tbonewannabe
08-30-2018, 12:59 PM
I say under. I think Simmons gets pushed to the 2nd round because of that video.

Tunsil only fell to the 13th pick after all that came out. If Simmons has a great year and great combine there is no way someone lets him drop that far. He will have to actually talk about it and some teams might not be comfortable drafting him but someone will. It isn't like it was a domestic disturbance. If the person beating on his sister was a man then he would have gotten a damn medal for defending his family. It isn't his fault he believes in equality in the sexes.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-30-2018, 01:00 PM
I'll go over.

Tbonewannabe
08-30-2018, 01:01 PM
I think these guys will end up going in the first round:

Simmons 2019
Sweat 2019
Chauncey Rivers 2020
Willie Gay 2020

I think Abrams and maybe Green might go 2nd round.

msstatelp1
08-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Tunsil only fell to the 13th pick after all that came out. If Simmons has a great year and great combine there is no way someone lets him drop that far. He will have to actually talk about it and some teams might not be comfortable drafting him but someone will. It isn't like it was a domestic disturbance. If the person beating on his sister was a man then he would have gotten a damn medal for defending his family. It isn't his fault he believes in equality in the sexes.

I agree. Someone will take him. He's admitted to it being the biggest mistake of his life. He's taken steps.to address the issue and he's been a model student/citizen since then.

1bigdawg
08-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Simmons has two problems. One is the tape. The other is that this is the best year ever for DLs in the draft - very deep at the top.

MetEdDawg
08-30-2018, 01:33 PM
I'll take the over, especially if we are talking about current guys on our roster. We've got a ton of talent on our team. But I still think it's over if it's this year.

Simmons and Sweat to me have the combination of stuff you want in a first rounder. Played in big time college football, dominant at their position for an extended period of time, guys you have to game plan for, make impact plays.

I think Peters and Fitz have the best potential to move into the 1st round. Peters can move in if he shows he's a dominant CB that can shut a side of the field down. Fitz with a 65% completion percentage and showing the ability to more consistently throw the deep ball will get him in.

Tbonewannabe
08-30-2018, 03:08 PM
I'll take the over, especially if we are talking about current guys on our roster. We've got a ton of talent on our team. But I still think it's over if it's this year.

Simmons and Sweat to me have the combination of stuff you want in a first rounder. Played in big time college football, dominant at their position for an extended period of time, guys you have to game plan for, make impact plays.

I think Peters and Fitz have the best potential to move into the 1st round. Peters can move in if he shows he's a dominant CB that can shut a side of the field down. Fitz with a 65% completion percentage and showing the ability to more consistently throw the deep ball will get him in.

Oddly enough Coach JoMo's other QB McSorley is thought to be the first QB taken in some mocks. How crazy would it be to have actually upgraded our QB development by Mullen leaving?

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2018, 03:23 PM

Good post. Just know that I said "On Defense". Not the entire team

mparkerfd20
08-30-2018, 04:20 PM
I'm going to be the realist and take the under.